Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI News 11/21/2017

yota691

6 hours ago, Bakken said:

Nope, neither am I .  Sorry to be a Debbie downer / Bobby buzz kill  I don't think this is going to happen.  Constantly getting good news out of Iraq but those people have to pull their heads out and do something  

It seems as though everyone is giving me negative rating in this.  I hope I didn't hurt any feelings.  But you have to admit we have been hearing ( we are getting closer ) for the last 7 plus years.  Well yup we are always getting closer 1 day at a time but as long as the Iraqis don't do anything we won't see anything.  So if you are hurt by this I am sorry for not sugar coating it 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Bakken said:

It seems as though everyone is giving me negative rating in this.  I hope I didn't hurt any feelings.  But you have to admit we have been hearing ( we are getting closer ) for the last 7 plus years.  Well yup we are always getting closer 1 day at a time but as long as the Iraqis don't do anything we won't see anything.  So if you are hurt by this I am sorry for not sugar coating it 

i wouldn't worry bout it bakken whoever holds iqd took a chance on buying the currency ( investment ) in an extremely volatile area of the world whenever i get to frustrated with the wait i simply revaluate : either step away for awhile or reduce the position size to tolerate it but either way  this has never or will never be about people who have bought their currency this has always been about the country of iraq we're  just along for the ride and the horses are still doing laps running on the track no riskit no biskit ( levity :tiphat:) ... all the best to us all 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Bakken said:

Hate to burst your bubble, Bakken, but yours is not the the first "Debbie downer" post we've ever seen.  There are experts at that in this community.  And every time we read one, it offers no great revelation or insight; in fact it basically says that there's a frustrated dinarian.  

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Well I did some research...Those things eat twice a week!  Mice are $2 here!  I did the math.  I would need a heck of an RV to feed him!  And if you handle them, they carry Salmanella.  So..I have rethunked my position on getting a frog.

Ratz, I found that idea really cool..............for someone else.  :)

Have a great day Botzwana.

pp

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Oh it is because people hate me for my religious beliefs.  Nothing more.

Hey Botz,  I don't know you well enough to hate you for your religious believes.  But maybe when this thing is finally over and we are rich. We can meet and get to know each other better and hate each other for legitimate reasons. LOL just kidding . Keep the faith whatever that faith is. 

Central Iraqi: 89% of citizens do not have bank accounts

Central Bank of Iraq: 89% of citizens do not have bank accounts

Baghdad Ahmed al-Nuaimi

22 November 2017

The Central Bank of Iraq revealed  on Wednesday that 89% of Iraqi adults do not have  bank accounts due to a number of reasons, most notably religious, prompting many to refrain from dealing with  different banks in the country and stay in monetary transactions only.

" The proportion of Iraqis who have accounts and deposits in banks is 11 percent, meaning that 89 percent of Iraqi adults do not have bank accounts, so they treat cash in the discharge of their financial and business transactions," the bank said in an annual report of its 2016 financial stability operations released today.

"According to World Bank estimates for 2014, these figures are based on the data available for the 2015-2016 period, which indicates a decline of 6.5% to 6.8% respectively,

The report said that "the branches of the banks of the capital Baghdad constitute 37.8% of the total banks throughout the country during 2016 and because of religious provisions, many Iraqis refrain from dealing with banks."

The report added that "there are other reasons that lead many to not deal with banks in addition to religious provisions such as increasing the currency in circulation in terms of money supply and the preference of people settle transactions in cash and the spread of the phenomenon of compactness."

Experts revealed that the vast majority of Iraqis refrain from dealing with banks and open personal bank accounts for many reasons.

"There are many reasons that prevent most Iraqis from dealing with Iraqi government orprivate banks , the most prominent of which is the security concern, the recurrence of bank robberies, the monitoring of customers' gangs at their doors, and the complex routine. For other reasons such as interest transactions in banks

Al-Salmani said in his speech to the "New Arab" that "other reasons behind the lack of possession of most Iraqis to bank accounts, including routine boring in  banking transactions in the event of opening a bank account of one of them and this boring routine causes the alienation of citizens from dealing with banks."

While others considered that the spread of what is known as the phenomenon of compactness of traders and wealthy people and capital owners as a result of the security situation deteriorated since 2003 made the proportion of bank accounts for adults very few

As financial adviser Maher al-Rubaie says, noting that "there is a very important reason is the lack of confidence of the citizen in any governmental or non-governmental entity to deal with financial, such as government and private banks and therefore Iraqis fear to open bank accounts and deposit their funds in different banks there is no confidence because of the security situation and the control of militias and armed gangs On the country. "

Citizens on their part considered that opening a bank account needs very boring routine transactions as well as the lack of confidence in any bank in Iraq because of the security chaos and the control of militias on the joints of the state and the occurrence of armed robberies before the banks.

"Money transactions are safer than banks and keeping my private money in a safe place better than keeping it in Iraqi banks because of the security chaos in the country where armed robberies in past years have targeted banks and many financial companies," said Radhi al-Zubaidi, a trader.

Radhi said that "the first reason to stay away from opening a bank account is the deterioration of security in Iraq. The other reasons are highlighted by forbidden ribbons and routine is very boring in the case of opening a personal bank account."

Observers say that the lack of possession of most Iraqis to bank accounts means the absence of large financial deposits in those banks and thus lower the proportion of financial transactions and commercial investments and banking, which means the deterioration of the economic system in Iraq.

• Upvote 1