Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The central bank issues a decision to cover the market need of small monetary categories

yota691

I just had a thought, which would reverse my long-held 10 cent theory.   I know, I know.  No need to say it.   😂  

However, for everyone's consideration, could this be what's happening? 

They say they are releasing more 250, 500 and 100 notes.  I previously thought it was a misprint and that they really meant the 1,000 notes, not the 100 notes.  But, if it wasn't a misprint and they really meant to say the 100 notes then -

Do you suppose that after this happens, they will drop the 3 zeros (maybe January, 2019) so that -

50,000 becomes 50

25,000 becomes 25

10,000 becomes 10

5,000 becomes 5

1,000 becomes 1

If this is the case and if all of the above should happen,  Iraq will have these bills:

This would make the dinar equal to the dollar.  Oh boy!  I hope I'm right.

If I miscalculated anything, please let me know so I can stop jumping up and down for joy.  Thank you all.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I just had a thought, which would reverse my long-held 10 cent theory.   I know, I know.  No need to say it.   😂  

However, for everyone's consideration, could this be what's happening? 

They say they are releasing more 250, 500 and 100 notes.  I previously thought it was a misprint and that they really meant the 1,000 notes, not the 100 notes.  But, if it wasn't a misprint and they really meant to say the 100 notes then -

Do you suppose that after this happens, they will drop the 3 zeros (maybe January, 2019) so that -

50,000 becomes 50

25,000 becomes 25

10,000 becomes 10

5,000 becomes 5

1,000 becomes 1

If this is the case and if all of the above should happen,  Iraq will have these bills:

This would make the dinar equal to the dollar.  Oh boy!  I hope I'm right.

If I miscalculated anything, please let me know so I can stop jumping up and down for joy.  Thank you all.

Only 1 big issue I have with your statement 

Jan 2019

i want sept 2018

other then that

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I know some people have contacts over there.  What are their people saying this means?  Time frame?  Greg?  Hopefully tomorrow Adam will have some info in order to shed some light on this.  Getting more optimistic everyday. I hope it's not for nothing.

Thank you.

• Upvote 3

For once, I believe we all should just calm down and stay grounded until we've received the "official word" first from Adam that the HCL's really a done deal and take it from there. 

I've been sober so far this week without a drink, nothing yet internally inside screams out to me in need to visit my favorite bar tonight.  

Unless the RV's happens this Thursday, because it'll be my birthday.  Yay. :facepalm3::praying::drunk:

giphy.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, cranman said:

I know some people have contacts over there.  What are their people saying this means?  Time frame?  Greg?  Hopefully tomorrow Adam will have some info in order to shed some light on this.  Getting more optimistic everyday. I hope it's not for nothing.

Thank you.

at best cranman it would be just more rumor and speculation imo , the article yota posted clearly referenced the damaged currency they are replacing which by the way for years merchants have been telling the notes are in bad shape and they were not accepting them and now they are stating they are getting low in circulation in iraq ( 250 and up ) , the cbi imo will never foretell a action that would signal a rate change or if they do they would have safeguarded the iqd against speculation .. when shabs was gov. he stated no one would speculate against the currency, what that meant was as usual up for interpretation,  im not against anyones hopes or dreams its just that riding the roller coaster can be a nauseous experience  , we all are waiting for the same outcome whatever it will be . ( i have often wondered why iraqi nationals are never on dinar sites ) ...all the best  

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Floridian said:

50,000 becomes 50

25,000 becomes 25

10,000 becomes 10

5,000 becomes 5

1,000 becomes 1

This is the definition of a LOP.  Just because you typed it out in green doesn't make it any less obvious.  This is not what we want.  We want the zeros off of the rate not the notes.

Look at it this way.  Say the RV comes out at 1 dinar equals 1 dollar.  If you have a 25K note at that rate how much is that??  $25,000.  Now if you take the zeros off the note and its a 25 dinar note how much do you have.  $25.  So would you rather have $25,000 for one note after all of this is done or $25 for one note after this is done.  I for one will take the $25,000 all day long and twice on Sunday.

I try not to comment on your post but I do agree with @Botzwana on this.

SR

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, SupraRacer said:

This is the definition of a LOP.  Just because you typed it out in green doesn't make it any less obvious.  This is not what we want.  We want the zeros off of the rate not the notes.

Look at it this way.  Say the RV comes out at 1 dinar equals 1 dollar.  If you have a 25K note at that rate how much is that??  $25,000.  Now if you take the zeros off the note and its a 25 dinar note how much do you have.  $25.  So would you rather have $25,000 for one note after all of this is done or $25 for one note after this is done.  I for one will take the $25,000 all day long and twice on Sunday.

I try not to comment on your post but I do agree with @Botzwana on this.

SR

In country will be different than what what we will cash out for. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Jaygo said:

In country will be different than what what we will cash out for. 

We don't know that.  As this investment is alllll speculation for what will and will not happen.  Until the CBI and GOI says anything we can just guess at what can/might happen.  Trying to decipher the scribble to English is not a simple task.  Everyone here does there best to interpret what is being said in scribble but it still gets lost in translation.

SR

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, SupraRacer said:

We don't know that.  As this investment is alllll speculation for what will and will not happen.  Until the CBI and GOI says anything we can just guess at what can/might happen.  Trying to decipher the scribble to English is not a simple task.  Everyone here does there best to interpret what is being said in scribble but it still gets lost in translation.

SR

The CBI has said over and over again, in articles, that the zeros will be deleted from the currency.

Tlar is the one who came up with the phrase - they will delete the zeros from the nominal rate.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, coorslite21 said:

Forgive me......what/who is Tiar?     CL

Tlar is a fellow that a lot of people followed.  He used to post on Kaperoni's board and/or another site board.  It's been so long I'm not quite sure if one or both.  Also,  his quotes were always on "Dinar Guru", so a lot of people followed him in the past.  He now posts on a "private board" that is by invitation only.  I believe Carrello is on that board.  She would know more than I, about Tlar's current proclamations.  😊

• Thanks 2

• yota691 changed the title to The central bank issues a decision to cover the market need of small monetary categories
  • yota691 locked this topic