Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The central bank issues a decision to cover the market need of small monetary categories

yota691

Cranman.  It looks to be the introduction and use of small notes that under the current program rate have little to no value . We have all had recent articles speaking of metal coins introduced also which would have longer usage . And they were also removed in 2003 because they also had no value under the current program rate . It's Very Possible that the time we have been waiting for may be coming upon us . Thank You Yota. GE DV's ...........Onward !:pirateship:

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

Cranman.  It looks to be the introduction and use of small notes that under the current program rate have little to no value . We have all had recent articles speaking of metal coins introduced also which would have longer usage . And they were also removed in 2003 because they also had no value under the current program rate . It's Very Possible that the time we have been waiting for may be coming upon us . Thank You Yota. GE DV's ...........Onward !:pirateship:

That's what I thought it meant.  But for small notes to be worth anything the HCL has to be passed or some other mechanism has to be instituted for the small notes to have any value.  Can the CBI do this without the HCL passed?

Edited by cranman

1 minute ago, dinareffic said:

The reason this is great news is because unlike the worthless Govt.  CBI usually does what they say they are going to do within the time frame they say they are going to do it.   Thanks Yota.  Article of the year for sure.    

Absolutely 

It's time to give real market value to the dinar

Go RV 

Go lower denomination notes

Go $1:1

hope I'm wrong but I think when they refer to small groups, they're talking abut 250, 500 and 1000 IQD notes. If 

this is true we will have to wait a little longer for an RV

I want my RV :crossedfingers:

Edited by Laid Back
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, cranman said:

That's what I thought it meant.  But for small notes to be worth anything the HCL has to be passed or some other mechanism has to be instituted for the small notes to have any value.  Can the CBI do this without the HCL passed?

Sept. 5th was the date of beginning HCL . We have not heard that they have done that . And at the same time WE have NOT heard that they DID NOT do that either 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, cranman said:

So what does the CBI base the new smaller notes value on? If it's oil and gas then the HCL has to be passed correct? Or is it gold? Im cautiously optimistic but trying to stay grounded. 

my thoughts it'll be based off the same as from all the years prior and up to saddam's invasion of kuwait .. cheers 

22 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

hope I'm wrong but I think when they refer to small groups, they're talking abut 250, 500 and 1000 IQD notes

agree LB , when the articles came out about the shop owners and peeps doing commerce with no small groups they were referring to the current smalls 250 & up but hey i'm way past ready for something to change ... cheers 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Go RV 

hope I'm wrong but I think when they refer to small groups, they're talking abut 250, 500 and 1000 IQD notes. If 

Good Evening Laidback . Sistani talked about notes a few days ago . Perhaps its time to touch them ? ! I want my RV too !

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, dinareffic said:

The reason this is great news is because unlike the worthless Govt.  CBI usually does what they say they are going to do within the time frame they say they are going to do it.   Thanks Yota.  Article of the year for sure.    

Not really, hence the delete the zeros articles over the years which were always postponed. Hopefully this time things are different. 

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Go RV 

I agree with you, Laid Back, about the small groups they are talking about being 250, 500 and 1,000 IQD notes.

However, at the current rate, these notes would be worth .20, .40 and .80

If they RV to 10 cents, the notes are worth $25, $50, $100

:crossedfingers:

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, cranman said:

It's amazing how cryptic the articles are. They say small notes but they don't say what the denominations are. Is it intentional? Talk about incomplete journalism. 

Cranman, these news articles are difficult to read and may appear cryptic to us, but you have to realize we are reading a translation of a language that uses completely different symbols for their alphabet than the English language, they write right to left, opposite from how we read and write, and this translation is being done by a machine, a computer. Also, the Arabic language uses fewer symbols than English but a huge part of the meaning of words is the use of the inflection of the voice, which is not picked up in print. One word can have 3 or 4 meanings when voice inflection is used to convey those meanings.

These translations are tough. My eyes cross.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Carrello said:

Cranman, these news articles are difficult to read and may appear cryptic to us, but you have to realize we are reading a translation of a language that uses completely different symbols for their alphabet than the English language, they write right to left, opposite from how we read and write, and this translation is being done by a machine, a computer. Also, the Arabic language uses fewer symbols than English but a huge part of the meaning of words is the use of the inflection of the voice, which is not picked up in print. One word can have 3 or 4 meanings when voice inflection is used to convey those meanings.

These translations are tough. My eyes cross.

Serious question, Carrello.  Not trying to argue.

If one word can have 3 or 4 meanings, depending on inflection, how do Iraqis understand what is written in the newspaper, or books, etc.

How do they understand the written word if they rely on inflection?

I would like to understand.

Edited by Floridian
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Serious question, Carrello.  Not trying to argue.

If one word can have 3 or 4 meanings, depending on inflection, how do Iraqis understand what is written in the newspaper, or books, etc.

How do they understand the written word if they rely on inflection?

I would like to understand.

Florida, the Arabic language is very complex. This is just one small piece of an "inflection" explanation. I will include a link so you can see how complex it it. The original articles may very well be clear to the reader but not picked up in English because it is not even close to be recognized. That may be why we see the sudden use of crazy words used in a sentence like menopause or watermelon.

https://classicalarabiclanguagestudies.com/2012/07/21/arabic-grammar-preliminary-matters-point-5-الإِعْرَاب-inflection-and-الْبنَاء-the-fixe/

Arabic Grammar – Preliminary Matters: Point 5 – الإِعْرَاب (Inflection) and الْبنَاء (The Fixed Construction)

By EALS Center Marrakesh English Program on July 21, 2012

Arabic Grammar – Preliminary Matters: Point 5 – الإِعْرَاب (Inflection)

and الْبنَاء (The Fixed Construction)

When words are arranged in a sentence, you will find among them words which change at the end due to their different roles in the sentence, and because of the different types of governors which precede them or the governing factors that affect them. You will also find among words in a sentence, words which do not change at the end because of the different types of governors which precede them or the governing factors that affect them.  The first type of word mentioned above is said to be‮ ‬مُـعْرَب‮ ‬(inflectional) and the second type is مَـبْنِيًا‮ ‬(non-inflectional). Changing the end of a word because of the different types of governors or governing factors is called إِعْـرَاب‮ ‬(inflection), while not changing the end of a word because of the different types of governors or governing factors is called بنَاء (fixed construction).

الإِعْـرَاب (Inflection) is a marked change which a governor causes to occur at the end of the word, and so the in of the word can be in the case of rafʿ, naṣb, jarr or jazm, depending on the purpose for the governor.

الْـبنَاء (The Fixed Construction) requires that the end of a word remains in one  unchanged condition even when the governors that precede it are different.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Carrello said:

Florida, the Arabic language is very complex. This is just one small piece of an "inflection" explanation. I will include a link so you can see how complex it it. The original articles may very well be clear to the reader but not picked up in English because it is not even close to be recognized. That may be why we see the sudden use of crazy words used in a sentence like menopause or watermelon.

https://classicalarabiclanguagestudies.com/2012/07/21/arabic-grammar-preliminary-matters-point-5-الإِعْرَاب-inflection-and-الْبنَاء-the-fixe/

Thank you so much, Carrello.  That certainly was interesting reading.

I wonder how non-Arab people learn the language.  I've always heard that English was one of the most difficult languages to learn.

I no longer think so.  LOL LOL

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Carrello said:

That may be why we see the sudden use of crazy words used in a sentence like menopause or watermelon.

babysit was always interesting when it was used , usually meant to convey "to watch closely" ..

• yota691 changed the title to The central bank issues a decision to cover the market need of small monetary categories
  • yota691 locked this topic