Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Masoum calls for delaying the adoption of the Personal Status Law and the completion of late legislation

Butifldrm

39 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Simply disgusting that something like that in this day and age can occur.

pp

For some the mindset of the 9th Century AD is where they think they need to be - saying that: no matter what the Century, it’s disgusting and should Be punishable by the Gallows.

On the whole-we’re not such an enlightened race as we would like to be. 

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

For some the mindset of the 9th Century AD is where they think they need to be - saying that: no matter what the Century, it’s disgusting and should Be punishable by the Gallows.

On the whole-we’re not such an enlightened race as we would like to be. 

you better not get me in trouble for this, but you are right

• Upvote 3

August 8, 2018 12:00AM EDT Dispatches

Bride’s Killing in Iraq Shows New Law Needed

Iraq’s New Parliament Should Prioritize Passage of Domestic Violence Law

Belkis Wille

Belkis Wille

Senior Iraq and Qatar Researcher, Middle East and North Africa Divisionbelkiswille

Demonstrators in Baghdad call International Women's Day a “day of mourning” in protest of Iraq's new draft Jaafari Personal Status Law, which would restrict women's rights in matters of inheritance, parental and other rights after divorce, make it easier for men to take multiple wives, and allow girls to be married from age 9. March 8, 2014. In March 2016, the Iraqi government told a UN treaty body that the draft Jaafari law “has been withdrawn and the Iraqi Government has no plans to resubmit it, let alone adopt it.”

© 2014 Iraqi al-Amal Association

The horrific case of an Iraqi woman apparently murdered at home should prompt Iraq’s new parliament, once formed, to finally pass a draft domestic violence law which has been pending since 2015.

According to Iraqi media and BBC Arabic, one day last week a bridegroom returned his bride to her parents the day after their wedding, complaining that she was not a virgin. Media reports claim that upon hearing the accusation, a family member beat her to death. Media reports say that police have arrested a male relative.

While the man will likely now face trial for murder, it is possible that he may benefit from a reduced sentence under a provision in Iraq’s penal code allowing for shorter sentences for violent acts – including murder – for so-called “honorable motives.” But there is no “honor” in such brutal and needless killing. Moreover, the murdered bride would be just one of hundreds of women and childrenwho suffer violence at the hands of their families in Iraq each year.

If passed, Iraq’s new domestic violence law would oblige the government to protect domestic violence survivors, including with restraining orders and penalties for breaching them, and the creation of a cross-ministerial committee to combat domestic violence. It would also require the government to provide shelters so women at risk of violence have a safe place to go if they are forced to flee their home.

The draft law is not perfect. It contains several flaws, including a preference for families to address violence through “reconciliation committees” rather than prosecution, and could be improved. Iraqi authorities should also set clear penalties for the crime of domestic violence, and close the loophole that lets abusers receive reduced punishments for so-called “honor” crimes, both not addressed in the draft law.

If improved, this draft law is the best chance Iraq’s new parliament has to tackle the scourge of violence in the home, fulfill its international legal obligations on domestic violence, and save the lives of countless Iraqi women and children.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/08/08/brides-killing-iraq-shows-new-law-needed

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, newbieDA said:

you better not get me in trouble for this, but you are right

Interesting stuff - on my phone right now and the darn thing froze on me half way through just as they brought up into of Pakistani inbreeding stats - have to do a redo when I get Home. 

Thank you again - I had no idea of this. . . Begs for more research on my part as well. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

Human Rights: The new parliament has to pass a law on domestic violence

Issue number: 4251 Version Type: Paperback Last modified: 8/8/2018 9:14:48 PM

180808091447401~4251-2-2.jpg

Baghdad / Range

Human Rights Watch called on the new House of Representatives to pass a bill against domestic violence, suspended since 2015, while criticizing the easing of sanctions on those convicted of "honor killings". 
In a statement received by Al-Mada, the organization described the killing as a "horrific" killing of a woman who was killed a day after her wedding on the grounds that she was "not a virgin." "This crime requires the adoption of a bill against domestic violence that has been suspended since 2015," she said. 
"According to the Iraqi media and the BBC Arabic station, one day last week, he returned his bride's groom to her parents a day after their wedding, claiming she was not a virgin." Media reports claim that, Was beaten by a member of her family to death Media reported that the police arrested the male.
"Although the killer is likely to be tried for his crime, he may ease his sentence under a provision of the Iraqi Penal Code that allows for mitigating sentences - including murder - for so-called honest motives," Human Rights Watch said in a statement. "There is no honor in such unnecessary and brutal killing, and the victim was only one of the hundreds of women and children who suffer violence at the hands of their families in Iraq each year," Amnesty said. 
"If approved, the new family violence law in Iraq will require the government to protect survivors of this type of violence by issuing restraining orders and penalties for breaching them, and establishing an interministerial committee to combat family violence," Human Rights Watch said. Shelters for women at risk of violence are safe if they are forced to flee their homes. "
"The (current) bill is not perfect, has many impurities and can be improved, including families' preference to address violence through reconciliation committees rather than prosecution," she said. "The Iraqi authorities are also required to impose clear penalties for the crime of domestic violence , And to close the legal gap that allows the aggressors to obtain penalties mitigating the so-called crimes of honor, the bill ignored this point. 
"If the bill improves, it will be the best opportunity for the new Iraqi parliament to address the scourge of domestic violence, meet its international legal obligations on domestic violence and save a large number of Iraqi women and children," the statement concluded.

http://almadapaper.net/Details/212547/هيومن-رايتس-على-البرلمان-الجديد-تشريع-قانون-العنف-الأسري

• Upvote 2

Women 's Council: Female circumcision continues and has not been eliminated

Kurdistan Women's Council: Female genital mutilation continues and has not been eradicated

Twilight News    

Friday, 10 August 2018

Shafaq News / The Supreme Council of Women in the Kurdistan Region, that the phenomenon of female genital mutilation still exists in the region has not been eliminated. 
The Supreme Council of Women in the Kurdistan Region organized a workshop in the city of Sulaymaniyah in cooperation with the Civil Development Organization and the United Nations Housing Fund to raise awareness about the dangers of FGM. 
Amal Jalal, member of the Supreme Council of Women said during the workshop that the Supreme Council of Women in the Kurdistan Region is working continuously with non-governmental organizations and international institutions and government to eliminate the phenomenon of female genital mutilation in the province of Kurdistan. 
In the latest census, the provincial capital of Erbil, the other Kurdish provinces, in the number of female circumcised, was 16.7 for girls versus 67.6 for women. 
Sulaymaniyah governorate was again at 11.8 for girls and 60.3 for women.
The figure was much lower in Dohuk governorate, with 4.1% of women under the age of 7.4 and Halabja at 1.1, compared to 40% for women. 
According to World Health Organization statistics, there are about 125 million girls and women in the world suffering from the effects of circumcision. 
Female circumcision affects women between the ages of 15 and 15, according to the WHO.

An investigation reveals the trafficking of girls and women in Baghdad's secret corridors

2 hours ago

148201818481288.jpg

+ -

NRT

A report by the Media Center website on Middle East affairs highlighted a survey on the sex trade and human trafficking in Iraq and the trafficking of girls and women in Baghdad's secret corridors.

According to the report published on Monday, August 13, 2018, "For months, Nereg has worked on this investigation into sex trafficking and human trafficking in Iraq, meeting victims, survivors and women in the sex trade and talking to them about their experiences, He also monitored events, gathered information and interviewed security and human rights officials to investigate this thorny issue. "

"In a house surrounded by a high wall covered by palm trees and sirens, and a small gate that opens only a few times a day in the Karrada district of central Baghdad," Andomi, "the daughter of 18, and after more than half an hour waiting in one The small coffee shops in the middle of the capital Baghdad, where the date of our meeting, entered (Andomi) wearing a red velvet short showing most of her legs white, after agreeing to a press interview on condition of anonymity.

"She was sitting in the back of her legs, close to each other, her hands clenched, and she gave details of her terrifying escape from her home in Sulaimaniya (381 km northeast of Baghdad) amid the collapse of security, Her mother), and hearing her death after her escape from the capital in months.

"I barely reached the age of 14 when my father decided to marry me with a Kurdish man from the 33-year-old city of Yekbarni," she said. "Everything was quick after he received six million dinars as a dowry to accept my marriage," says Andome. "I lived a strange life with him. As a wife, which prompted me to think about suicide. "

"My family lived for a while in Kirkuk, I learned Arabic there, I never visited Baghdad and I had no relationship with anyone here except a friend on Facebook who encouraged me to flee to the capital instead of committing suicide, And its mobile becomes out of service. "

"When I arrived in Baghdad and in the midst of the loss I was living in, a big man approached me, looked friendly and carried a napkin. He gave me to wipe my tears ... I quickly told him that I did not have any relatives here ... I suggested putting me in a safe place ... I accepted , And I had no choice. "

Indomi shares with more than 20 other girls, two from Baghdad and the other from the western, central and southern provinces, the home run by Umm Firas .

The first Indomie days at Am Fras' house were terrifying. "I cried for more than two weeks without interruption," but her operators finally persuaded her not to return to her home, warning her of "killing" if she asked for it .

Every day, Mother Feras prepares and decorates her and takes care of her outer and outer clothes to move to the role of "customers" for sex on a daily basis, and then return home by car in the morning.

Indomie is trying to save some money from the eyes of its operators. "At $ 200 a night, $ 120 goes to Um Firas for sheltering and feeding girls. Andomi keeps only $ 70.

From a wife to a victim of trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation

The report highlights the story of Umm Khadija, who is not yet 40 years old. She lives in the same house. She works in the morning in a Baghdad cafe and in the evening turns into a sex worker who moves to a brothel in exchange for some money .

"My death was my only salvation from the brutality and brutality I have suffered for years," she said. She arrived in the capital Baghdad with the help of her mother after the death of her husband, one of the princes of an al-Qaeda organization in Ramadi, 110 km west of Baghdad.

Umm Khadija's trip to Baghdad began in mid-2015 after she paid $ 25,000 to a member of an organization calling for her to be removed from the besieged city, accompanied by her 15-year-old daughter.

$ 7000 Was the price of "sex" for the first time with a Baghdad merchant, "That was the price of her virginity," says Firas.

Umm Khadija, a diploma in business administration, rented a dilapidated house east of the capital and began working days later in a civil society organization. However, she left the organization after three months of poor pay for her semi-voluntary work .

"Umm Khadija" happened to meet one of the women who offered to work as a massage therapist at one of the centers for $ 750 a month, with additional amounts, "sometimes amounting to 25,000 dinars directly from the center's visitors, additional services".

A few months later, Umm Khadija was surprised to see that she had sex with some of the center's clients, while her daughter was sold to one of the women for $ 5,000 .

At first, Umm Khadija did not bow to blackmail, but she finally gave up and demanded that she be with her daughter in the new house where she would live, so she was also sold to Umm Firas for $ 2,500 .

"I cried a lot on the first night they took it," she says. "My soul and heart were taken away from me." But those hours were much less than the moment she came back. "She was trembling with fear and the effects of a blow to her right cheek."

"  The price of the first" sex "for the first time with one of the merchants in the capital, Baghdad, was" the price of her virginity, "said Umm Firas, a young woman who looks younger because of the beauty and elegance of her clothes, as seen by the author of the investigation during a meeting after Private "Masdar" mediation .

Her mouth is adorned with a golden tooth, appearing with every chuckle she utters as she opens her eyes, while her hair, with a saggy-colored hair, falls on her shoulder with a short story .

Umm Firas stipulated that she should not be filming or recording her voice, for an interview to talk about the nature of her work and how to attract women to work in the sex trade .

She earns more than $ 5,000 a day as an average income for her girls' morning work in cafes, and renting them for sex at night .

She says that what she earns in the management of prostitution is not a net money. "There are a number of factors forcing us to pay royalties" in return for not being exposed to our working girls, while some specialized gangs provide us with new girls throughout the year, either by blackmail or by their eloquence Money, and we buy them each one for a certain amount according to the age and the wisdom and beauty.

Sexual exploitation is a chronic issue

Iraq was one of the countries that succeeded in significantly reducing cases of sexual exploitation and trafficking, especially after the promulgation of the Personal Status Law No. 188 of 1959, which prohibited even forced marriage and polygamy, but the phenomenon of sex trafficking came to the fore in the 1990s After the change of the former regime in 2003 .

On January 9, 2018, a spokesman for the Supreme Judicial Council in Iraq, Judge Abdul Sattar al-Birqdar, announced the arrest of a gang of five individuals in the city of Nasiriyah (375 km south of the capital Baghdad), which specializes in trafficking in girls .

While acknowledging elements of the gang, according to Birkdar, "to lure four girls to the capital Baghdad through the program of social communication (Tlegram) under the pretext of marriage in order to trade them," and ratified the "court of inquiry confessions of defendants under Article 5 / II of the Human Trafficking Law" .

The Baghdad Operations Command announced on January 2 of the same year the arrest of a gang consisting of a man and his daughter, trafficking in human beings and selling girls in the area of Sidiya, south of the capital .

Human Rights activist and Secretary General of the Hope Association Hanaa Edward confirmed the escalating crime rates of trafficking in human beings, revealing the high incidence of "women fleeing in the southern and northern regions, after promising them to marry by brokers dragging them through social networking sites to be caught in the trap of trafficking networks."

"The problem of women who are drawn is the inability to return to their families because of the tribal and community customs that dictate the killing of every girl who reveals her escape from their families. This makes the task of rescuing these women from sex trafficking gangs difficult or impossible . "

"Women fleeing their homes to the capital Baghdad are forced to obtain forged identity papers and passports, and use aliases with changing names," said Interior Ministry Maj. Ali Shaker. "The aim is to hide and block the way for their relatives to be prosecuted by the security services."

Shaker says that "the families of the victims report to the police stations about the disappearance of their daughters, and record official records of kidnapping or loss, after which the pictures of the girl and the name will be distributed to the competent security services in all governorates. Some victims' relatives search for them personally in the capital, These searches are failing . "

But many of the killings have been recorded for girls who have been found, considered by Arab tribes to be "disgraceful." The judiciary reduces the sentence to those who commit such killings and classifies them as part of "honor" crimes, punishable by maximum imprisonment of six months or a year .

Iraqi minors detained in the UAE

The Iraqi Hope Society also revealed that "dozens of Iraqi girls are detained in the United Arab Emirates," said Secretary General Hanaa Edward, "the existence of smuggling of Iraqi girls to the Gulf and Lebanon and Jordan promises to work, and then traded."

In a brief account of the story of a minor Iraqi girl - the interviewer could not meet her for refusing to hold a press conference and authorizing Edward to talk about her - she was lured to Syria after being offered an engagement by an Iraqi young man living in Syria with his mother, , And given the difficult economic situation of the girl's family, she agreed to marry her.

After the arrival of the girl, she discovered that the young man's mother ran a nightclub to be forced to work as a "dancer" in the club after her divorce and then moved her to the UAE a year later before she could return to Iraq .

The author of the investigation was unable to obtain an official permit from the UAE Ministry of Interior for not responding to a message via the electronic service of its official website, which the investigating author had written about the number of Iraqi girls held in the UAE and those accused of prostitution.

The Iraqi judiciary, through many reports and statements issued over the past few years, has uncovered networks that practice trafficking in human beings and runs networks that attract women to be employed in brothels .

The Information Office of the Supreme Judicial Council stated in a report published in June 2006 that it had confirmed the statements of a human trafficking network that recognized the sale of many women for $ 2,500 and that they were not paid for their work in prostitution, Food and clothing .

On the well-being and Alia, which were signed by "Zaid"

Between the tables of one of the cafes in the center of the capital Baghdad, the 24-year-old "Welfare" moves to provide narghile and some services to clients, and is not denied verbal harassment throughout her working hours .

She left the well-being of Mosul after Da'ash took control of the city on June 10, 2014, accompanied by her sister and her mother after the organization killed her father, who was a policeman, nine months before he took over the city .

She spent five months in a camp for the displaced in northern Mosul before she met Zaid during his visit to the camp with a humanitarian organization, who was offered to leave the camp to Baghdad and to provide work for me and my sister. "I agreed because of our difficult circumstances despite my concern about Zaid's behavior, his closeness to me and his motives," she said.

Baghdad's well-being and sister arrived to be transferred to a small furnished apartment in the downtown area of Batawin. A week later, she started working in a cafe while her sister was running in a women's barber shop .

Zaid, who according to Rafah's testimony shows that he works in a network that attracts girls to Baghdad, rents her house for three months. "But weeks later I was offered $ 1,500 to stay with a client," says Rafah. "I agreed after threatening me with my apartment and my apartment. And my sister from work and other things, there was no room for retreat. "

A few weeks later, her sister was forced to work in a massage center. "They threatened me with a video while I was bathing in a barber shop," says Alia, the sister of Rafah.

The plight of Isidias continues

On August 3, 2014, a group of people from the village of Sinjar (120 km north-west of Mosul), which is predominantly Yazidis, stormed the town of Najjar. About 3,550 girls and women were kidnapped. Some 2,000 people managed to escape or escape after paying a ransom .

With radical control of 90 percent of Nineveh province, where Christians, Yazidis and Shabaks live, large tracts of Iraqi land and the establishment of what the organization called the "land of empowerment", many markets have been opened to sell abducted Yazidis from Iraq and some Christians from Syria .

The Iraqi cities of Mosul and Raqqa have turned into the main "Nakhasah" markets for the sale of yazidiya, as well as some markets in Fallujah, Hawija and Bu Kamal .

In a village near the Lalish temple of Yazidis (60 km northwest of Mosul) sits a reclining "tune" on a wooden chair that dates back to the 1950s. The 25-year-old girl was unable to sit on the ground, like the rest of her family, The severe injury sustained as a result of the torture that was inflicted on him by the elements of the call .

"After a period of detention in towns near Sinjar, they took me to a Syrian city that was later known as tenderness," said a preacher and her sister in downtown Sinjar after her family was killed.

Tungh and her sister were detained in one of the organization's supplements for more than three weeks until "my offer and a number of yazidiyat were sold in a public market, to be sold at an auction involving dozens of men, mostly members of the organization."

"Nagham" was sold for $ 80, while the fate of her 9-year-old sister, who was sold for $ 500, was unknown .

Many of those in the spaya market are foreigners, she says. "They pay a lot of money to buy girls under the age of nine."

The Negam family is still searching for her unaccounted-for sister, like more than 1,500 other girls and women, hoping to find and retrieve her, but the task is more difficult because of her young age when she was kidnapped .

Human trafficking in displacement camps

Advisor to the Ministry of Interior Wahab al-Tai said during an interview with the author of the investigation, "the receipt of many complaints from women were forced to have sex, after exploiting their living conditions . "

Al-Amal Association and human rights activists have revealed that "the registration of shelters for displaced persons is a lot of human trafficking and sexual exploitation by organized gangs, especially since most of the residents of the middle and poor middle class displacement camps."

This is what was confirmed by a member of the Committee on Women, Family and Childhood Parliament in the former parliament Rezan Delir, revealing the prevention of entry into camps displaced in the Kurdistan region, "after my determination to detect cases of human trafficking in those camps," noting that there are no "clear plans for the government and civil society organizations To combat trafficking in human beings ".

Delir accused influential non-named organizations of being behind the exploitation of humanitarian cases of displaced persons in displacement camps and others in order to employ them in "cafés" or "prostitution" houses and their sexual exploitation.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Immigration, Star Norouz, denied the author of the investigation the registration of his ministry and its sources scattered in all camps of displacement, any violations against women, and agreed with the head of the Iraqi Observatory for Human Rights Mustafa Saadoun, who confirmed the existence of careful monitoring by the government and local and international organizations of displacement camps .

In a country such as Iraq, information and data can not be easily accessed, especially in relation to crime files and corruption, where most of the statistics and figures are kept secret by the authorities concerned, because of their negative impact on society and its work in particular .

"I do not have the authority to declare accurate data and statistics on human trafficking," said Brigadier General Khaled al-Muhanna, director of community policing in Baghdad. "His mission is to collect data, conduct studies and research on societal crimes, including trafficking in human beings."

He revealed the use of gangs cafes and massage centers as a front for the sex trade, stressing that there are "about 60 massage centers in the capital Baghdad alone, which is usually" rooms for sex with massage fronts. "

"There are more than 100 cafés and cafés in the capital that rely on women in their cadres, especially young women and minors, which is open to exploitation for prostitution," he said .

Most of the nightclubs, most of which are hidden under the banners of the "cultural centers", are scattered in the center of the capital Baghdad, especially the areas of Karrada and Arsat and Abu Nawas Street overlooking the Tigris River, has recorded a significant increase in numbers during the past seven years, On the number of fingers .

Nightclubs that use women as a key element to attract customers, according to a number of internal officers familiar with this file, millions of dollars, as the information available, according to one officer, indicates that "the imports of one of the nightclubs that have a gambling hall in Baghdad is between (1.5-1) million dollars a day. "

This was confirmed by MP Faiq Sheikh Ali on October 27, 2016 during a press conference, revealing the arrival of political parties not named "half a million dollars a day," from gambling halls and nightclubs .

Mafia trafficking

The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights also does not have accurate statistics on human trafficking. All you know is the existence of mafias working on trafficking in human beings and promoting the sex trade "in a frightening way in the country." These mafias "exploit women and children to practice prostitution under many headings, According to a member of the Commission on Human Rights Faten Hilfi .

The author of the investigation, through intermediaries and private sources, who was able to meet with a senior sex worker, called the boss , who revealed "the existence of more (80) houses" prostitution in Baghdad, operating openly, mostly in the area "Twail" west of the capital , While there are "more than (170) commercial units, most of them massage centers and cafeterias used for sex trade . "

He revealed the of Boss , for "running more than 1000 women in prostitution in Baghdad alone, the majority of them from the provinces , " while there are numbers much lower than in the rest of the provinces .

In early 2013, armed attacks on nightclubs and liquor shops intensified, as well as targeting some of the brothels in the capital Baghdad by unknown armed groups .

On the evening of 12 July 2014, an armed group opened fire on a group of women and men inside buildings No. 43 and 44, killing 25 women and injuring 10 others, half of them men, They were inside the apartments .

The incident took place a few meters from the Zayouna checkpoint of the Federal Police. The Ministry of the Interior, according to its spokesman Major General Saad Maan, "confined the force responsible for the compound to the background of the incident."

This was not the massacre of the twelfth of July the first of its kind in Zeinah or the whole of Baghdad, on 18 May 2014 an armed group assassinated four women in the same area using silencer weapons, while another group assassinated on June 3 of the same year 5 women in the Karrada area With high security fortifications, downtown Baghdad .

"The attacks on nightclubs and brothels fell suddenly and by 90 percent after 2015," he said. "The activity of these clubs began to return significantly without being exposed to anyone.

The whales of corruption behind human trafficking

The Secretary-General of the Hope Association, Hanna Edward, accused the "whales of corruption" of being behind the trafficking in human beings, revealing "the protection of some men of power to massage centers and nightclubs and entertainment," while the member of the Women's Committee, Rizan Delier, "the involvement of groups armed with human trafficking cases And the management and protection of prostitution networks. "  More than five government officials, including the Interior Minister and the community police chief ,declined to reveal the names of those behind the trafficking gangs, only to name them gangs.

Colonel (Al-Shammari) acknowledged the difficulty of dealing with cases of human trafficking because of the association of these gangs with a large financial corruption system. Therefore, the capture of these gangs "needs a series of references, support from senior leaders of the interior and supporting bodies."

" Extortion is common in this area ... What happened with Heba is an example

In one of the residential buildings near the National Theater in central Baghdad, Hiba al-Basrawi lives in the province of Basra (549 km south of Baghdad).

Her dark skin, her charming smile and her attractive body attract the gift of her customers during her work in a coffee shop in central Baghdad, but she does all this under the eyes of her operators .

Only a few minutes passed before we met Heba at a press office until tears broke down. The interrogator then had to stop the interview for more than ten minutes before returning to talk .

Hiba, 21, is descended from a poor family. Her "hard" religious character is dominated by her only brother who prevented her from completing her university studies on the grounds that she did not mix with the other sex, while she was prevented from leaving the house except for the necessities with him or one of her parents .

"My friend knew about the meeting after our neighbor told me that I met someone at the corner of the house," says Heba. The relationship lasted for two years, until they decided to meet each other while they were taking advantage of her brother to work.

"I received a whole week of various tortures at the hands of my brother," says Hiba, who went to Baghdad without any shelter. "I could not even call my beloved, because I did not have a mobile phone after my brother confiscated it. "He said .

Like the victim Endumi, a gift was borrowed from a taxi driver who works with human trafficking gangs. "He took me to his house, where he shared his wife and children, who was not at all suspicious of me at first sight."

An internal intelligence officer in the capital, who declined to be identified, revealed to the investigating author about the spread of trafficking gangs at the southern and northern Baghdad parking lot to hunt women and girls fleeing from the provinces towards the capital .

Just four days after she arrived at the house, Hiba covered a glass of orange juice with a deep sleep, surprised to see a video showing her naked in the arms of the owner .

"He sold me $ 3,000 after I threatened to publish the video and handed over to my family after he learned that I was from the people of Basra if I did not obey his orders," says Heba.

A manager of a brothel bought a gift, but he did not know that the girl was in spite of all the circumstances Mazat had experienced. "I refused to have sex and tried to escape from the apartment where they put me ... They arrested me and raped me," then they tortured her fainting .

After months, Heba was again sold to another group, hoping for her physical structure to work as well as having sex. "I was employed in a coffee shop during the day and wanted to have sex at night."

How was Zeina attracted?

In one of the alleys of the Karrada district, one of the old houses was renovated to attach a sign to a cleaning company. A few months later, the company moved to another part of the city and is constantly changing its location every 8 months .

Zina, 34, was one of the first employees of the cleaning company. She was recruited on the basis of working as a house cleaner when needed, but was surprised a few weeks later when she was offered "additional services" to some customers when visiting their homes .

Zeina, she said, was forced by her difficult financial circumstances to secure the rent of her apartment and the strength of her three children after she lost her husband in a bombing in Baghdad four years ago .

Zina says she is being transferred by the delivery service to the customer's house under the pretext of cleaning, "but I offer the sex customer for money to pay the company on my way." Zeina, she says, gets "tipping" from every customer .

This was revealed by the Supreme Judicial Council in a report published in June 2016 in its ruling newspaper, in which it announced the arrest of a human trafficking network that provides a new service to customers known as "free delivery".

Director of the Child Welfare Authority at the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, Abeer Chalabi, confirmed the change in government procedures towards victims of trafficking in women significantly, revealing the opening of a government care center for victims of sexual exploitation and trafficking known as "safe house".

On September 6, 2017, the cabinet voted during a session under the chairmanship of Haider al-Abadi on a project to care for victims of human trafficking .

Chalabi said the Supreme Committee to Combat Human Trafficking directly oversees the shelter of victims of trafficking, which opened in Baghdad, the first house of its kind in the country, indicating that the house, which opened in December 2017. Since the opening of two cases of victims of human trafficking, Who were referred to the court by judicial order .

Chalabi explained that "the Dar provides a safe haven for victims of human trafficking, especially women, and rehabilitation according to special programs including psychological rehabilitation and treatment of physical damage caused by sexual exploitation, as well as teaching some professions and skills such as sewing to reintegrate them in society.

Indomi smiled when she told her about the government's "safe house." After a moment, she looked at the ceiling of the cafeteria, cutting off her smile with a gesture of fear on her face ... She paused, then left her seat. "I do not know when I'll get rid of this nightmare, Escape away ".

H

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=3359&MapID=2

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

An investigation reveals the trafficking of girls and women in Baghdad's secret corridors

2 hours ago

148201818481288.jpg

+ -

NRT

A report by the Media Center website on Middle East affairs highlighted a survey on the sex trade and human trafficking in Iraq and the trafficking of girls and women in Baghdad's secret corridors.

According to the report published on Monday, August 13, 2018, "For months, Nereg has worked on this investigation into sex trafficking and human trafficking in Iraq, meeting victims, survivors and women in the sex trade and talking to them about their experiences, He also monitored events, gathered information and interviewed security and human rights officials to investigate this thorny issue. "

"In a house surrounded by a high wall covered by palm trees and sirens, and a small gate that opens only a few times a day in the Karrada district of central Baghdad," Andomi, "the daughter of 18, and after more than half an hour waiting in one The small coffee shops in the middle of the capital Baghdad, where the date of our meeting, entered (Andomi) wearing a red velvet short showing most of her legs white, after agreeing to a press interview on condition of anonymity.

"She was sitting in the back of her legs, close to each other, her hands clenched, and she gave details of her terrifying escape from her home in Sulaimaniya (381 km northeast of Baghdad) amid the collapse of security, Her mother), and hearing her death after her escape from the capital in months.

"I barely reached the age of 14 when my father decided to marry me with a Kurdish man from the 33-year-old city of Yekbarni," she said. "Everything was quick after he received six million dinars as a dowry to accept my marriage," says Andome. "I lived a strange life with him. As a wife, which prompted me to think about suicide. "

"My family lived for a while in Kirkuk, I learned Arabic there, I never visited Baghdad and I had no relationship with anyone here except a friend on Facebook who encouraged me to flee to the capital instead of committing suicide, And its mobile becomes out of service. "

"When I arrived in Baghdad and in the midst of the loss I was living in, a big man approached me, looked friendly and carried a napkin. He gave me to wipe my tears ... I quickly told him that I did not have any relatives here ... I suggested putting me in a safe place ... I accepted , And I had no choice. "

Indomi shares with more than 20 other girls, two from Baghdad and the other from the western, central and southern provinces, the home run by Umm Firas .

The first Indomie days at Am Fras' house were terrifying. "I cried for more than two weeks without interruption," but her operators finally persuaded her not to return to her home, warning her of "killing" if she asked for it .

Every day, Mother Feras prepares and decorates her and takes care of her outer and outer clothes to move to the role of "customers" for sex on a daily basis, and then return home by car in the morning.

Indomie is trying to save some money from the eyes of its operators. "At $ 200 a night, $ 120 goes to Um Firas for sheltering and feeding girls. Andomi keeps only $ 70.

From a wife to a victim of trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation

The report highlights the story of Umm Khadija, who is not yet 40 years old. She lives in the same house. She works in the morning in a Baghdad cafe and in the evening turns into a sex worker who moves to a brothel in exchange for some money .

"My death was my only salvation from the brutality and brutality I have suffered for years," she said. She arrived in the capital Baghdad with the help of her mother after the death of her husband, one of the princes of an al-Qaeda organization in Ramadi, 110 km west of Baghdad.

Umm Khadija's trip to Baghdad began in mid-2015 after she paid $ 25,000 to a member of an organization calling for her to be removed from the besieged city, accompanied by her 15-year-old daughter.

$ 7000 Was the price of "sex" for the first time with a Baghdad merchant, "That was the price of her virginity," says Firas.

Umm Khadija, a diploma in business administration, rented a dilapidated house east of the capital and began working days later in a civil society organization. However, she left the organization after three months of poor pay for her semi-voluntary work .

"Umm Khadija" happened to meet one of the women who offered to work as a massage therapist at one of the centers for $ 750 a month, with additional amounts, "sometimes amounting to 25,000 dinars directly from the center's visitors, additional services".

A few months later, Umm Khadija was surprised to see that she had sex with some of the center's clients, while her daughter was sold to one of the women for $ 5,000 .

At first, Umm Khadija did not bow to blackmail, but she finally gave up and demanded that she be with her daughter in the new house where she would live, so she was also sold to Umm Firas for $ 2,500 .

"I cried a lot on the first night they took it," she says. "My soul and heart were taken away from me." But those hours were much less than the moment she came back. "She was trembling with fear and the effects of a blow to her right cheek."

"  The price of the first" sex "for the first time with one of the merchants in the capital, Baghdad, was" the price of her virginity, "said Umm Firas, a young woman who looks younger because of the beauty and elegance of her clothes, as seen by the author of the investigation during a meeting after Private "Masdar" mediation .

Her mouth is adorned with a golden tooth, appearing with every chuckle she utters as she opens her eyes, while her hair, with a saggy-colored hair, falls on her shoulder with a short story .

Umm Firas stipulated that she should not be filming or recording her voice, for an interview to talk about the nature of her work and how to attract women to work in the sex trade .

She earns more than $ 5,000 a day as an average income for her girls' morning work in cafes, and renting them for sex at night .

She says that what she earns in the management of prostitution is not a net money. "There are a number of factors forcing us to pay royalties" in return for not being exposed to our working girls, while some specialized gangs provide us with new girls throughout the year, either by blackmail or by their eloquence Money, and we buy them each one for a certain amount according to the age and the wisdom and beauty.

Sexual exploitation is a chronic issue

Iraq was one of the countries that succeeded in significantly reducing cases of sexual exploitation and trafficking, especially after the promulgation of the Personal Status Law No. 188 of 1959, which prohibited even forced marriage and polygamy, but the phenomenon of sex trafficking came to the fore in the 1990s After the change of the former regime in 2003 .

On January 9, 2018, a spokesman for the Supreme Judicial Council in Iraq, Judge Abdul Sattar al-Birqdar, announced the arrest of a gang of five individuals in the city of Nasiriyah (375 km south of the capital Baghdad), which specializes in trafficking in girls .

While acknowledging elements of the gang, according to Birkdar, "to lure four girls to the capital Baghdad through the program of social communication (Tlegram) under the pretext of marriage in order to trade them," and ratified the "court of inquiry confessions of defendants under Article 5 / II of the Human Trafficking Law" .

The Baghdad Operations Command announced on January 2 of the same year the arrest of a gang consisting of a man and his daughter, trafficking in human beings and selling girls in the area of Sidiya, south of the capital .

Human Rights activist and Secretary General of the Hope Association Hanaa Edward confirmed the escalating crime rates of trafficking in human beings, revealing the high incidence of "women fleeing in the southern and northern regions, after promising them to marry by brokers dragging them through social networking sites to be caught in the trap of trafficking networks."

"The problem of women who are drawn is the inability to return to their families because of the tribal and community customs that dictate the killing of every girl who reveals her escape from their families. This makes the task of rescuing these women from sex trafficking gangs difficult or impossible . "

"Women fleeing their homes to the capital Baghdad are forced to obtain forged identity papers and passports, and use aliases with changing names," said Interior Ministry Maj. Ali Shaker. "The aim is to hide and block the way for their relatives to be prosecuted by the security services."

Shaker says that "the families of the victims report to the police stations about the disappearance of their daughters, and record official records of kidnapping or loss, after which the pictures of the girl and the name will be distributed to the competent security services in all governorates. Some victims' relatives search for them personally in the capital, These searches are failing . "

But many of the killings have been recorded for girls who have been found, considered by Arab tribes to be "disgraceful." The judiciary reduces the sentence to those who commit such killings and classifies them as part of "honor" crimes, punishable by maximum imprisonment of six months or a year .

Iraqi minors detained in the UAE

The Iraqi Hope Society also revealed that "dozens of Iraqi girls are detained in the United Arab Emirates," said Secretary General Hanaa Edward, "the existence of smuggling of Iraqi girls to the Gulf and Lebanon and Jordan promises to work, and then traded."

In a brief account of the story of a minor Iraqi girl - the interviewer could not meet her for refusing to hold a press conference and authorizing Edward to talk about her - she was lured to Syria after being offered an engagement by an Iraqi young man living in Syria with his mother, , And given the difficult economic situation of the girl's family, she agreed to marry her.

After the arrival of the girl, she discovered that the young man's mother ran a nightclub to be forced to work as a "dancer" in the club after her divorce and then moved her to the UAE a year later before she could return to Iraq .

The author of the investigation was unable to obtain an official permit from the UAE Ministry of Interior for not responding to a message via the electronic service of its official website, which the investigating author had written about the number of Iraqi girls held in the UAE and those accused of prostitution.

The Iraqi judiciary, through many reports and statements issued over the past few years, has uncovered networks that practice trafficking in human beings and runs networks that attract women to be employed in brothels .

The Information Office of the Supreme Judicial Council stated in a report published in June 2006 that it had confirmed the statements of a human trafficking network that recognized the sale of many women for $ 2,500 and that they were not paid for their work in prostitution, Food and clothing .

On the well-being and Alia, which were signed by "Zaid"

Between the tables of one of the cafes in the center of the capital Baghdad, the 24-year-old "Welfare" moves to provide narghile and some services to clients, and is not denied verbal harassment throughout her working hours .

She left the well-being of Mosul after Da'ash took control of the city on June 10, 2014, accompanied by her sister and her mother after the organization killed her father, who was a policeman, nine months before he took over the city .

She spent five months in a camp for the displaced in northern Mosul before she met Zaid during his visit to the camp with a humanitarian organization, who was offered to leave the camp to Baghdad and to provide work for me and my sister. "I agreed because of our difficult circumstances despite my concern about Zaid's behavior, his closeness to me and his motives," she said.

Baghdad's well-being and sister arrived to be transferred to a small furnished apartment in the downtown area of Batawin. A week later, she started working in a cafe while her sister was running in a women's barber shop .

Zaid, who according to Rafah's testimony shows that he works in a network that attracts girls to Baghdad, rents her house for three months. "But weeks later I was offered $ 1,500 to stay with a client," says Rafah. "I agreed after threatening me with my apartment and my apartment. And my sister from work and other things, there was no room for retreat. "

A few weeks later, her sister was forced to work in a massage center. "They threatened me with a video while I was bathing in a barber shop," says Alia, the sister of Rafah.

The plight of Isidias continues

On August 3, 2014, a group of people from the village of Sinjar (120 km north-west of Mosul), which is predominantly Yazidis, stormed the town of Najjar. About 3,550 girls and women were kidnapped. Some 2,000 people managed to escape or escape after paying a ransom .

With radical control of 90 percent of Nineveh province, where Christians, Yazidis and Shabaks live, large tracts of Iraqi land and the establishment of what the organization called the "land of empowerment", many markets have been opened to sell abducted Yazidis from Iraq and some Christians from Syria .

The Iraqi cities of Mosul and Raqqa have turned into the main "Nakhasah" markets for the sale of yazidiya, as well as some markets in Fallujah, Hawija and Bu Kamal .

In a village near the Lalish temple of Yazidis (60 km northwest of Mosul) sits a reclining "tune" on a wooden chair that dates back to the 1950s. The 25-year-old girl was unable to sit on the ground, like the rest of her family, The severe injury sustained as a result of the torture that was inflicted on him by the elements of the call .

"After a period of detention in towns near Sinjar, they took me to a Syrian city that was later known as tenderness," said a preacher and her sister in downtown Sinjar after her family was killed.

Tungh and her sister were detained in one of the organization's supplements for more than three weeks until "my offer and a number of yazidiyat were sold in a public market, to be sold at an auction involving dozens of men, mostly members of the organization."

"Nagham" was sold for $ 80, while the fate of her 9-year-old sister, who was sold for $ 500, was unknown .

Many of those in the spaya market are foreigners, she says. "They pay a lot of money to buy girls under the age of nine."

The Negam family is still searching for her unaccounted-for sister, like more than 1,500 other girls and women, hoping to find and retrieve her, but the task is more difficult because of her young age when she was kidnapped .

Human trafficking in displacement camps

Advisor to the Ministry of Interior Wahab al-Tai said during an interview with the author of the investigation, "the receipt of many complaints from women were forced to have sex, after exploiting their living conditions . "

Al-Amal Association and human rights activists have revealed that "the registration of shelters for displaced persons is a lot of human trafficking and sexual exploitation by organized gangs, especially since most of the residents of the middle and poor middle class displacement camps."

This is what was confirmed by a member of the Committee on Women, Family and Childhood Parliament in the former parliament Rezan Delir, revealing the prevention of entry into camps displaced in the Kurdistan region, "after my determination to detect cases of human trafficking in those camps," noting that there are no "clear plans for the government and civil society organizations To combat trafficking in human beings ".

Delir accused influential non-named organizations of being behind the exploitation of humanitarian cases of displaced persons in displacement camps and others in order to employ them in "cafés" or "prostitution" houses and their sexual exploitation.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Immigration, Star Norouz, denied the author of the investigation the registration of his ministry and its sources scattered in all camps of displacement, any violations against women, and agreed with the head of the Iraqi Observatory for Human Rights Mustafa Saadoun, who confirmed the existence of careful monitoring by the government and local and international organizations of displacement camps .

In a country such as Iraq, information and data can not be easily accessed, especially in relation to crime files and corruption, where most of the statistics and figures are kept secret by the authorities concerned, because of their negative impact on society and its work in particular .

"I do not have the authority to declare accurate data and statistics on human trafficking," said Brigadier General Khaled al-Muhanna, director of community policing in Baghdad. "His mission is to collect data, conduct studies and research on societal crimes, including trafficking in human beings."

He revealed the use of gangs cafes and massage centers as a front for the sex trade, stressing that there are "about 60 massage centers in the capital Baghdad alone, which is usually" rooms for sex with massage fronts. "

"There are more than 100 cafés and cafés in the capital that rely on women in their cadres, especially young women and minors, which is open to exploitation for prostitution," he said .

Most of the nightclubs, most of which are hidden under the banners of the "cultural centers", are scattered in the center of the capital Baghdad, especially the areas of Karrada and Arsat and Abu Nawas Street overlooking the Tigris River, has recorded a significant increase in numbers during the past seven years, On the number of fingers .

Nightclubs that use women as a key element to attract customers, according to a number of internal officers familiar with this file, millions of dollars, as the information available, according to one officer, indicates that "the imports of one of the nightclubs that have a gambling hall in Baghdad is between (1.5-1) million dollars a day. "

This was confirmed by MP Faiq Sheikh Ali on October 27, 2016 during a press conference, revealing the arrival of political parties not named "half a million dollars a day," from gambling halls and nightclubs .

Mafia trafficking

The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights also does not have accurate statistics on human trafficking. All you know is the existence of mafias working on trafficking in human beings and promoting the sex trade "in a frightening way in the country." These mafias "exploit women and children to practice prostitution under many headings, According to a member of the Commission on Human Rights Faten Hilfi .

The author of the investigation, through intermediaries and private sources, who was able to meet with a senior sex worker, called the boss , who revealed "the existence of more (80) houses" prostitution in Baghdad, operating openly, mostly in the area "Twail" west of the capital , While there are "more than (170) commercial units, most of them massage centers and cafeterias used for sex trade . "

He revealed the of Boss , for "running more than 1000 women in prostitution in Baghdad alone, the majority of them from the provinces , " while there are numbers much lower than in the rest of the provinces .

In early 2013, armed attacks on nightclubs and liquor shops intensified, as well as targeting some of the brothels in the capital Baghdad by unknown armed groups .

On the evening of 12 July 2014, an armed group opened fire on a group of women and men inside buildings No. 43 and 44, killing 25 women and injuring 10 others, half of them men, They were inside the apartments .

The incident took place a few meters from the Zayouna checkpoint of the Federal Police. The Ministry of the Interior, according to its spokesman Major General Saad Maan, "confined the force responsible for the compound to the background of the incident."

This was not the massacre of the twelfth of July the first of its kind in Zeinah or the whole of Baghdad, on 18 May 2014 an armed group assassinated four women in the same area using silencer weapons, while another group assassinated on June 3 of the same year 5 women in the Karrada area With high security fortifications, downtown Baghdad .

"The attacks on nightclubs and brothels fell suddenly and by 90 percent after 2015," he said. "The activity of these clubs began to return significantly without being exposed to anyone.

The whales of corruption behind human trafficking

The Secretary-General of the Hope Association, Hanna Edward, accused the "whales of corruption" of being behind the trafficking in human beings, revealing "the protection of some men of power to massage centers and nightclubs and entertainment," while the member of the Women's Committee, Rizan Delier, "the involvement of groups armed with human trafficking cases And the management and protection of prostitution networks. "  More than five government officials, including the Interior Minister and the community police chief ,declined to reveal the names of those behind the trafficking gangs, only to name them gangs.

Colonel (Al-Shammari) acknowledged the difficulty of dealing with cases of human trafficking because of the association of these gangs with a large financial corruption system. Therefore, the capture of these gangs "needs a series of references, support from senior leaders of the interior and supporting bodies."

" Extortion is common in this area ... What happened with Heba is an example

In one of the residential buildings near the National Theater in central Baghdad, Hiba al-Basrawi lives in the province of Basra (549 km south of Baghdad).

Her dark skin, her charming smile and her attractive body attract the gift of her customers during her work in a coffee shop in central Baghdad, but she does all this under the eyes of her operators .

Only a few minutes passed before we met Heba at a press office until tears broke down. The interrogator then had to stop the interview for more than ten minutes before returning to talk .

Hiba, 21, is descended from a poor family. Her "hard" religious character is dominated by her only brother who prevented her from completing her university studies on the grounds that she did not mix with the other sex, while she was prevented from leaving the house except for the necessities with him or one of her parents .

"My friend knew about the meeting after our neighbor told me that I met someone at the corner of the house," says Heba. The relationship lasted for two years, until they decided to meet each other while they were taking advantage of her brother to work.

"I received a whole week of various tortures at the hands of my brother," says Hiba, who went to Baghdad without any shelter. "I could not even call my beloved, because I did not have a mobile phone after my brother confiscated it. "He said .

Like the victim Endumi, a gift was borrowed from a taxi driver who works with human trafficking gangs. "He took me to his house, where he shared his wife and children, who was not at all suspicious of me at first sight."

An internal intelligence officer in the capital, who declined to be identified, revealed to the investigating author about the spread of trafficking gangs at the southern and northern Baghdad parking lot to hunt women and girls fleeing from the provinces towards the capital .

Just four days after she arrived at the house, Hiba covered a glass of orange juice with a deep sleep, surprised to see a video showing her naked in the arms of the owner .

"He sold me $ 3,000 after I threatened to publish the video and handed over to my family after he learned that I was from the people of Basra if I did not obey his orders," says Heba.

A manager of a brothel bought a gift, but he did not know that the girl was in spite of all the circumstances Mazat had experienced. "I refused to have sex and tried to escape from the apartment where they put me ... They arrested me and raped me," then they tortured her fainting .

After months, Heba was again sold to another group, hoping for her physical structure to work as well as having sex. "I was employed in a coffee shop during the day and wanted to have sex at night."

How was Zeina attracted?

In one of the alleys of the Karrada district, one of the old houses was renovated to attach a sign to a cleaning company. A few months later, the company moved to another part of the city and is constantly changing its location every 8 months .

Zina, 34, was one of the first employees of the cleaning company. She was recruited on the basis of working as a house cleaner when needed, but was surprised a few weeks later when she was offered "additional services" to some customers when visiting their homes .

Zeina, she said, was forced by her difficult financial circumstances to secure the rent of her apartment and the strength of her three children after she lost her husband in a bombing in Baghdad four years ago .

Zina says she is being transferred by the delivery service to the customer's house under the pretext of cleaning, "but I offer the sex customer for money to pay the company on my way." Zeina, she says, gets "tipping" from every customer .

This was revealed by the Supreme Judicial Council in a report published in June 2016 in its ruling newspaper, in which it announced the arrest of a human trafficking network that provides a new service to customers known as "free delivery".

Director of the Child Welfare Authority at the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, Abeer Chalabi, confirmed the change in government procedures towards victims of trafficking in women significantly, revealing the opening of a government care center for victims of sexual exploitation and trafficking known as "safe house".

On September 6, 2017, the cabinet voted during a session under the chairmanship of Haider al-Abadi on a project to care for victims of human trafficking .

Chalabi said the Supreme Committee to Combat Human Trafficking directly oversees the shelter of victims of trafficking, which opened in Baghdad, the first house of its kind in the country, indicating that the house, which opened in December 2017. Since the opening of two cases of victims of human trafficking, Who were referred to the court by judicial order .

Chalabi explained that "the Dar provides a safe haven for victims of human trafficking, especially women, and rehabilitation according to special programs including psychological rehabilitation and treatment of physical damage caused by sexual exploitation, as well as teaching some professions and skills such as sewing to reintegrate them in society.

Indomi smiled when she told her about the government's "safe house." After a moment, she looked at the ceiling of the cafeteria, cutting off her smile with a gesture of fear on her face ... She paused, then left her seat. "I do not know when I'll get rid of this nightmare, Escape away ".

H

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=3359&MapID=2

This is a world wide problem that must be eradicated. The penalties must be stiff and severe. Stories like this revolt me. So sad for the women who have no were to turn and are basically " trapped "

pp

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Ms. PP, (Sorry Ms. Player just did not seem appropriate)

I could not agree more.

Have no fear, out in the open ocean these things are dealt with a little differently.

While I will not go into the colorful details, "Shark Bait" should suffice.

Take care.

• Thanks 4

102140.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/08/18 20:36

2018/08/18 20:36

Number of readings 43

Section: Iraq

The arrest of two women trading human organs east of Baghdad

BAGHDAD - The Interior Ministry announced on Saturday, 18 August 2018, the arrest of two women trafficking in human organs east of Baghdad .

A spokesman for the Interior Ministry said in a statement that "the intelligence of the Federal Police working within the Federal Intelligence and Investigations Agency in the Ministry of the Interior during a successful security operation to arrest two women trafficking in human organs east of the capital Baghdad ."

He added that "this process came after the follow-up and set up a tight ambush of the criminal offense ."

Follow the obelisk

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/147604/القبض-على-امرأتين-تتاجران-بالأعضاء-البشرية-شرقي-بغداد

German prosecutors probe former Yazidi slave's claim about Daesh captor

ASSOCIATED PRESS
BERLIN
Published13 hours ago

Yazidi woman Ashwaq Haji, allegedly used by Daesh as a sex slave, visits the Lalish temple in tribute to the terrorists' victims from her village of Kocho near Sinjar, in Lalish, northern Iraq, on August 15, 2018. (AFP Photo)
Yazidi woman Ashwaq Haji, allegedly used by Daesh as a sex slave, visits the Lalish temple in tribute to the terrorists' victims from her village of Kocho near Sinjar, in Lalish, northern Iraq, on August 15, 2018. (AFP Photo)

German prosecutors said Saturday they are taking seriously a Yazidi refugee's claim that she ran into her former Daesh captor twice in Germany, but say they need more information to identify him.

The case of 19-year-old Ashwaq Haji Hami made headlines this week after she was quoted telling the Iraqi-Kurdish news portal basnews that she returned to her homeland of Iraq for fear that her alleged tormentor could harm her in Germany. Several reports in foreign media suggested that German authorities were unwilling to act on the woman's claims.

"The young woman was interviewed but the information (she provided) wasn't precise enough," Frauke Koehler, a spokeswoman for federal prosecutors, told The Associated Press on Saturday. When authorities tried to follow up, the woman had already left Germany, Koehler said.

The AP, however, spoke to the woman at a camp for displaced people near Shekhan in the Kurdish region of Iraq.

Hami said she was captured by the Daesh terror group in August 2014, and enslaved and abused by a Daesh member called Abu Humam, whose real name she said was Mohammed Rashid. After managing to escape from Daesh, she says she allegedly encountered her tormentor in Germany in 2016 and again in February this year in the southwestern German town of Schwaebisch Gmuend.

"I recognized his face very clearly and whenever I see him I can recognize him ... because of the beatings he gave us," Hami told the AP. "We saw him 24 hours a day. So anytime or anywhere I see him, I would be able to identify him."

Hami said she reported the incidents to German police, but — citing fears for her safety — she moved back to Iraq in June.

"I am not ready to sacrifice my honor in Germany," she said. "If I was kidnapped or killed in Germany, who would find out who did that to me?"

Koehler rejected suggestions that German authorities weren't interested in the case.

"If we'd seen an opportunity to arrest someone, we would immediately have done so," she said, noting that German federal prosecutors opened a special investigation several years ago into alleged war crimes committed by Daesh militants with the aim of bringing perpetrators to justice. One of the investigation's elements is the killing of thousands of Yazidis by Daesh terrorists in 2014. Many more were taken into captivity, often kept as sex slaves.

About 3,000 Yazidis still remain missing, most thought to have been killed in the war that rolled back Daesb control in Syria and Iraq in the last three years.

Jan Ilhan Kizilhan, a German doctor who helped bring hundreds of Yazidi women to Germany in 2015, told public broadcaster ARD on Friday that seeing people who look like their tormentors can sometimes trigger traumatic memories.

Koehler said while the case was difficult, "if we get any further information to firm this up, we will pursue this."

To do so, Hami would need to return to Germany, which she is legally entitled to do, said Koehler.

"Our powers end at the German border," she said.

• Upvote 1

after the decision of the survivor Ashwaq .. Iraqi Jews are afraid to return to Germany

After the decision of the survivor Ashwaq .. Iraqi Jews are afraid to return to Germany

Twilight News    

6 hours ago

Shafak News / Fear of Yezidiat survivors of the grip of an organization calling to return to Germany after the debate that raged around the issue of Ashok Haggi.

After the latter encountered the "German rapist" in Germany, the others are reluctant to return as well.

It seems that the story of Yezidi survivor Ashwaq Hajji, who left Germany months ago after encountering "her rapist," began to react. The story seems to prompt a number of survivors not to return to Germany because it is no longer a safe country for them, many of them said.

"I have suffered a lot of unjust injustice, 28 times for sale and purchase, I tried to commit suicide twice and I have not succeeded," said survivor Nesreen Saadu Mourad, 26, who now lives in Shariya refugee camp for Yazidis, told Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa. "I hear that there is a plan to send survivors to Germany for treatment, and I need psychological and physical treatment, so I decided to go there because it was an opportunity that would not be compensated."

"After I heard about the case of Ashwaq and other survivors, such as Sadafan, I called, I decided not to go."

17-year-old Hina Abbas, from Karzir, said: "The people and the German government helped the Yazidis a lot and we thank them for that, but when I heard the story of Ashwaq, my friend, who was under captivity together, I was very worried that my mother and my sister The two live in Germany and are visiting us now. "

"I would not go to Germany, even if I were to die here, when I was in a foster home, the nationalities of many of the Europeans were European, and naturally they should return to their countries," she told me. Decision ".

"I saw two years ago in my city in Germany, when I was raped for a month in the Syrian city of Raqqa," said Hanan Murad, a 31-year-old Yazidi survivor from Shankal who went to Germany for treatment there and is now visiting her family in the Shariya camp in the Kurdistan Region. .

"I told the police there and they said to me clearly that we can not hold anyone accountable for not committing a crime in our country. He was a supporter in his country, and later the police sent a number of its members to protect us in our house day and night.

The organization called on the German government to protect the Yazidi survivors in its territory and called on them "to provide these survivors with the necessary protection, especially because they suffered from extremist organizations."

• Thanks 2

119421.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/08/22 19:43
  • Number of readings 364
  •  

An Iraqi grandmother takes care of 22 grandchildren after he kills their parents

-----------------------------------

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqi grandmother Sanaa Ibrahim al-Tai appears to be working full-time, feeding and clothed her 22-year-old grandchildren after an organization killed their parents, which is hard to see in a small apartment.

The grandmother and her husband, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, live in the four-room apartment with their grandchildren, aged between 2 and 16, as well as their daughter and two of their children. The family relies on paying rent and buying clothes and school supplies.

Grandma, who lives in eastern Mosul, is waiting to see if the government will pay a monthly stipend of 500,000 Iraqi dinars ($ 420) for her children who worked in the army and police.

"I hope the authorities give salaries and shelter to those orphans, because I will not live for 100 years," said the 60-year-old woman, who suffers from paralysis in her vocal cords. "I am very sick and I will die this year with them. I guarantee them nothing.

The grandmother extracted death certificates for three of her five children, while her other two sons were buried in an unknown mass grave and could not find their bodies.

This means that they are classified as missing, so they do not have two death certificates and can not apply for a pension on their behalf. This is a common problem among families in the north and west of the country.

Iraqi forces were expelled in December, but the government said it needed $ 100 billion to rebuild cities after Mosul's mosques, churches, markets and other monuments were turned into rubble.

"When our fighters took over our areas, they destroyed us, God. The gunmen insulted us, they killed our sons and we have nothing left.

The two widows with whom they live work with local civic organizations, but have left work after not being paid, and are now looking for work as domestic servants.

119420.JPG?watermark=

Follow the obelisk 

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/147952/جدة-عراقية-ترعى-22-حفيدا-بعد-أن-قتل-داعش-أباءهم

• Thanks 1

119460.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/08/24 09:50
  • Number of readings 95
  • Section: Iraq
  •  

UN launches investigation into Iraq crimes

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A UN team of investigators began work in Iraq to gather evidence of the massacres carried out by an al-Qaeda organization, according to a letter published on Thursday (August 23rd, 2018).

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterich said in a letter to the UN Security Council on August 17 that the team of investigators headed by British human rights lawyer Karim Asaad Ahmed Khan began work on the 20th of this month .

Last year, the council adopted a unanimous resolution to open the investigation to hold perpetrators accountable for the crimes of a da'id organization, an issue adopted by international human rights lawyer Amal Clooney .

The British Lebanese lawyer represents the Yazidi women who were taken hostage and used as female sex slaves by the organization after taking over the Sinjar region of Iraq in August 2014 .

The United Nations considered the massacres to be a possible genocide, and Clooney spoke several times before representatives of UN member states to move them .

Guterich told the council that Ahmed Khan, who was appointed in February, made his first mission in Iraq from August 6 to 14.

Investigators will collect evidence of war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide for use in Iraqi courts, which will try to prosecute elements of an advocacy organization, according to the decision .

Follow the obelisk - agencies

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/148024/الأمم-المتحدة-تبدأ-تحقيقا-في-جرائم-داعش-في-العراق

• Upvote 2

UN starts investigation into crimes against Yazidis in Mosul

3 hours ago

258201810409700x414.jpg

A team of investigators has begun work in Iraq to gather evidence of massacres committed by an organization calling on the terrorist for the Yezidi minority and other crimes, the United Nations said .

In a letter to the UN Security Council last week, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterich said that "the team of investigators headed by British human rights lawyer Karim Asaad Ahmed Khan has begun work to follow up on evidence gathered about the massacres committed by the terrorist organization against the Yezidis and others." Was quoted by "AFP".

"Ahmed Khan, who was appointed in February, made his first mission in Iraq between August 6 and 14," Guterich said. The investigators are expected to gather evidence of war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide for use in Iraqi courts, In accordance with the resolution.

He added that the United Nations adopted last year a unanimous decision to open an investigation aimed at holding the perpetrators accountable for the crimes of an advocacy organization, an issue adopted by international human rights lawyer Amal Clooney, who represented the Yazidi women who took them as a hostage and were subjected to inhumane attacks after taking over Sinjar in Iraq. August 2014 .

The United Nations considered that the massacres against the Yazidis amounted to a possible genocide, and Clooney spoke several times before representatives of the member states of the International Organization to urge them to move .

Tens of thousands of Yazidis fled an attack launched in August 2014 in Sinjar, and UN investigations documented horrific testimonies of abuses against women and girls .

R.

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=3699&MapID=2

• 3 weeks later...

101348.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/09/10 12:43
  • Number of readings 24
  •  

Responding to the appeal against the unconstitutionality of the Personal Status Law in force

The Federal Court announced on Monday, September 10, 2018, the response of the appeal against the unconstitutionality of the law of personal status in force No. 188 for the year 1959. 

The official spokesman of the court Ias Samuk in a statement followed by the obelisk, "The Federal Court held its session under the chairmanship of Judge Medhat And considered the appeal against the unconstitutionality of the Personal Status Law in force on the grounds that it is not ratified in accordance with the 1958 Interim Constitution. 

He added that "the prosecutor stated that one of the members of the Council of sovereignty in 1959 did not sign the law," noting that "the court confirmed that the law contested unconstitutionality was issued in line with the previous Constitution and the current Constitution in accordance with article" 130 "which states that" Unless it is repealed or amended, in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution. "

He pointed out that "the court said that one of the members of the sovereign council, which did not sign was his objection to the equality of inheritance between men and women, which was amended in 1963," noting that "the plaintiff also challenged the unconstitutionality article 39, paragraph (3) "However, the Federal Supreme Court found that Islamic law does not prevent reparation if the most recent is arbitrary in its creation, and accordingly it was decided to return the case because it is not based on a constitution." 

Article 41 of the Constitution stipulates that "Iraqis are free to abide by their personal conditions, according to their religion, sect, belief or choice, and this is regulated by law.

Follow the obelisk

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/149783/رد-دعوى-الطعن-بعدم-دستورية-قانون-الاحوال-الشخصية-النافذ

The judiciary rejects the unconstitutionality of the Personal Status Law of 1959

12:53 - 10/09/2018

BAGHDAD - 
The Federal Supreme Court on Monday appealed the unconstitutionality of the Personal Status Law No. 188 of 1959. 
The court spokesman Ayas al-Samuk said in a statement received by Mawazine News that "the Federal Supreme Court held its session Headed by Judge Medhat al-Mahmoud and considered the appeal against the unconstitutionality of the Personal Status Law in force on the grounds that it was not ratified in accordance with the 1958 Interim Constitution. 
"The prosecutor said that a member of the Council of Sovereignty in 1959 did not sign the law," noting that "the court confirmed that the law contested unconstitutionality was issued in line with the previous Constitution and the current Constitution in accordance with article 130, which states that" The window is in force, unless revoked or amended, in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution) ".
"The court said that a member of the sovereign council, which did not sign, was opposed to the equality of inheritance between men and women, which was amended in 1963," he said. 
"The plaintiff also challenged the unconstitutionality of article 39 (3) of the law, which provides for the compensation of women arbitrarily divorced, but the Supreme Federal Court found that Islamic law does not prevent reparation if the most recent Arbitrarily in its proceedings, and accordingly decided to return the case because it is not based on a charter of the Constitution. "Ended 29 / a 43

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=10653

Responding to the appeal against the unconstitutionality of the Personal Status Law in force

bb.jpg

BAGHDAD - The Federal Supreme Court has appealed against the unconstitutionality of the Personal Status Law No. 188 of 1959,

"The Supreme Federal Court held its session under the chairmanship of Judge Medhat al-Mahmoud and considered the appeal against the unconstitutionality of the Personal Status Law in force on the grounds that it was not ratified in accordance with the provisional constitution of 1958," the court spokesman Ayas al-Samuk said.

He added that "the prosecutor said that one of the members of the Council of sovereignty in 1959 did not sign the law," noting that "the court confirmed that the law contested unconstitutionality was issued in line with the previous Constitution and the current Constitution in accordance with article 130, which states that" Unless repealed or amended, in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution ").

He noted that "the court said that one of the members of the Council of sovereignty, which did not sign was his objection to the equality of inheritance between men and women, which was amended in 1963."

He added that "the plaintiff also challenged the unconstitutionality of article 39 (3) of the law, which provides for the compensation of women arbitrarily divorced, but the Federal Supreme Court found that Islamic law does not prevent the reparation of the damage if the most recent arbitrarily in the event, And accordingly decided to return the case for not based on the basis of the Constitution. " End Ah

https://www.iraqpressagency.com/?p=285179

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Federal Court: The provisions of custody are subject to the interests of the child

13:11 - 05/12/2018

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%83%D9%85%D8%

Information / Baghdad ..

The Federal Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday that the provisions of the Custody Law, as provided for in the Personal Status Law No. 188 of 1959, are in the interests of the child, indicating that this is according to the reports of the social research committees and the medical committees.

"The Federal Supreme Court held its session under the chairmanship of Judge Medhat al-Mahmoud, and the presence of all the members of the judges, and considered the request for the ruling unconstitutional and repeal paragraphs (1, 2, 4, 7) Of Article (57) of the Personal Status Law No. (188) for the year 1959, which includes the provisions of custody.

Al-Samok added that "the court found a difference between the doctrines of the age of custody and those who are, and this has been the opinion of the Federal Supreme Court that the interest of the child is the first care without the interests of the contestants in the custody of the custody."

He explained that "the Federal Supreme Court pointed out that all schools of thought, and the laws of the Arab and Islamic countries, unanimously agreed that the subject of custody is governed by the interests of the child, whether by his mother or father. support from the Constitution ". Ending / 25

https://www.almaalomah.com/2018/12/05/370565/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Postponement of the law on "domestic violence" because of differences between doctrines on it

images-37.jpe

BAGHDAD, Jan 21 (Reuters) - The law on domestic violence has been delayed in parliament, including several penalties for girls who are forced to marry, the parliamentary legal committee said Monday.

"The legal committee is carrying out many amendments to the draft law on domestic violence," said Salim Hamza, a member of the committee. "The law was presented to a number of clerics from different Islamic sects so as not to conflict with the Sharia. The legitimacy of some paragraphs between Islamic sects and that the law will explode a bomb differences in the center of Iraq if presented to the vote, which we were forced to postpone until a compromise compromise is reached as the draft law includes penalties for girls who are forced to marry and abuse of wife and children and others. End Ah

Share this topic:

https://www.iraqpressagency.com/تأجيل-قانون-العنف-الاسري-لوجود-خلافا/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

How about passing a law that mandates Iraq to leave the Stone Age an join the rest of the civilized world. 

Maybe in a few more generations some of the cave man DNA will go away an they can begin to start thinking like normal humans...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The torments of the child "Rahef" open fire on anyone who harms childhood in Iraq

758651493145655.jpg

BAGHDAD, Feb 7 (KUNA) - The High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is following with deep concern the situation of the girl (Rahaf Nasir Shukr) / 2019 ",

Image description is not available.

Image may contain: 1 or more people

The committee member, Zeidan Khalaf al-Atwani, added that "the Commission has formed a team from the monitoring section (child files and criminal justice) for the purpose of monitoring the situation and to see the poor state of health as a result of physical violence," and called "the Ministry of Interior / To take legal action against those found guilty and referred to the competent courts and the Iraqi Council of Representatives to expedite the legislation of the Child Protection Act in Iraq and ensure their legitimate rights. End Ah

https://www.iraqpressagency.com/عذابات-الطفلة-رهف-تفتح-النار-على-كل-من/

• Thanks 1

126132.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2019/02/10 14:42
  • Number of readings 18
  •  

After the incident of the child Rahaf .. Action calls for the activation of laws protecting the family and children

The Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs agreed on Sunday, February 10, 2019, with the Ministry of the Interior to establish an emergency line for children in the event of violence.

The Minister of Labor, Bassem Abdul-Zaman, and a high-level delegation from the Ministry of the Interior agreed to organize a workshop next week to study the construction of an emergency line for children in the Ministry of Interior. If they are exposed to violence at home, school or anywhere, in coordination with mobile phone companies.

He added that the Minister of Labor instructed to complete the draft law on the protection of children no later than March 1, indicating that the ministry is waiting for resolution of the draft law on domestic violence, which was put in the House of Representatives since 2015 without a vote so far.

He pointed out that the Child Welfare Authority in the ministry expressed its concern about the growing phenomenon of violence against children, warning of its negative effects on the child, the family and the community. He called on the House of Representatives to enact a law against domestic violence to put an end to this phenomenon and practices that are contrary to divine laws and international laws and conventions.

He pointed to the problem of sheltering battered women to the safe haven opened by the Ministry of Labor in March 2018 with the direct support of the United Nations Population Fund, pointing out that the main obstacle to shelter is the failure to legislate the law on combating domestic violence in the House of Representatives.

He pointed out that the reasons and factors that hinder passage of the law are many, including social norms despite the compatibility of the texts with many international standards and the constants of Islam and other religions.

He stressed the ministry's keenness to cooperate with civil society organizations and various institutions in supporting children and Iraqi women and preparing programs and studies on the phenomenon of domestic violence.

Rahaf, a seven-year-old child, died in a hospital in Baghdad after being tortured, beaten and electrocuted by her family.

Follow the obelisk 

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/163514/بعد-حادثة-الطفلة-رهف-العمل-تدعو-لتفعيل-قوانين-حماية-الاسرة-والطفل

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1