Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Abadi: Before the end of the year the entire country will be under government control

yota691

Rex Tillerson, Haider al-Abadi
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Abadi during his meeting with U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Monday, Oct. 23, 2017, in Baghdad, Iraq. (Alex Brandon / Associated Press)
By Nabih Bulos

At first glance, Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Abadi appears to be a strange fit to lead a country that has seen almost 40 years of continuous war. Unlike his predecessor Nouri Maliki, a Shiite whose sectarian excesses fueled the rise of Islamic State, Abadi is a man who would prefer to avoid confrontation.

Though he presided over the battlefield defeat of Islamic State (Iraqi troops are preparing for an assault on their remaining enclaves), he has stuck to a neutral course, steered the country away from involvement in regional conflicts even while working with the U.S. and Iran — who are archenemies — to prevent Iraq’s breakup.

But with Baghdad’s coffers almost empty, he now faces the difficult task of rebuilding Iraq, while trying to convince the country’s explosive mix of ethnic groups and sects to remain together.

He sat down on Tuesday for a question-and-answer session with three U.S. news organizations.

How many U.S. troops are here? How long do you expect them to stay now that the fight against Islamic State is winding down and under what conditions? Also, what functions do you see them performing in the future?

We reached the peak number of U.S. troops during the battle to liberate Mosul, Nineveh — 5,200 soldiers, I believe — and they have started a drawdown of forces.

Their role at present is training, logistical support and providing air cover for our forces. We are going to conclude this last task with the liberation of western Anbar and securing the Iraqi-Syrian border. With that job done then there will not be any need for any air cover in the future, but the three key areas are logistical support, training, and intelligence cooperation.

But it’s very important to follow up after the defeat of Daesh [Islamic State] militarily. We have a fear that some of their fighters have moved to other countries… because we know they’re spreading, they’re going to cause problems somewhere else, it’s not in our interest, nor in the interest of other countries in the region for terrorists to regroup again.

The unfortunate thing is some countries thought they can separate their security from others… We should work together with our friends in the U.S. and others… to finish off this terror. We can do it.

Last week, Iraqi troops advanced into northern Iraq in a bid to reassert control over areas claimed by both Baghdad and the semi-autonomous Kurdish region. The move came after Kurdish leader Massoud Barzani held a controversial independence referendum in September. At what point do you see [Iraqi troops] stopping? Is this operation militarily over, or is it ongoing?

We’ve said it publicly since this call for the referendum in the Kurdistan areas, and we told them we are citizens of one country, you can’t just draw a line and say, “I’m going to protect it with blood.” This is not your right.

There is a lot of enmity in the country… we have to mend the relationship between communities, and the timing [for a referendum] is wrong. And it is fundamentally wrong to decide unilaterally they want to separate and impose their borders by force.

I’m not a fan of these borders, to be honest with you, which were drawn up 100 years ago and were imposed on the whole region. I remember in school we’re always taught this was an imperialist plot.

Having said that, 100 years have passed, and people’s lives have been reorganized along these borders. If you’re going to change them by force, you are calling for blood, and this can lead to the disintegration of the whole region.

At the moment we’re very eager not to enter into confrontation. Our demand is clear. Disputed areas, under the Iraqi constitution, must be under the control of the federal state.

We’ve seen moves to open relations with Saudi Arabia, like the creation of the Saudi-Iraqi Cooperation Council, etc.… How is this playing out with your other friend, Iran? Has Iraq emerged as a go-between? How are you able to balance those two forces together?

We’re having good relationships with all, but our role is not to be a go-between.

Iraq is in dire need of investment. Unfortunately, Iraq in the last 50 years has relied on oil, constituting some 90% of our income, so we have to build a parallel economy that relies on something else. The only way we can build it is by cooperating with other countries.

We have to build strong relationships with our nations rather than just governments. If it’s just governments the unfortunate thing is that leaders disagree sometimes for personal reasons, and this can sabotage the whole relationship.

But if it is strengthened by having a level of cooperation which touches the interests of people in both countries, then it will be very difficult to sabotage the relationship.

On Sunday, you corrected U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in his assertion that Iranian militias in Iraq need to “go home.” [The reference was to Iraqi Shiite-dominated paramilitary groups, supported by Iran and collectively known as the Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF).]

I wanted to know your vision for the PMF. Do you see some kind of demobilization of these forces, or more integration into the police and army?

Let me state first that there is a misunderstanding between the U.S. and Iran since the 1979 revolution. This is not our own creation.

But what we are telling everyone, including our Iranian neighbors and the U.S., who have become our friends by supporting us in our fight against Daesh, that we welcome your support, we would like to work with you, both of you, but please don’t bring your trouble inside Iraq.

We should not pay the price of misunderstandings somewhere else.

Regarding the PMF, it must become a professional force under the command of the Iraqi government, loyal only to Iraqi official institutions, rather than to political parties or any other force outside Iraq.

Will the country be ready for the elections [scheduled for April]?

Elections were held in 2005-2006 under more severe conditions than this. Many parts of the country were controlled by terrorists at the time, and still, elections were held.

So I think now we are in a much better place than before: Before the end of this year, we’ll have all of the country under control of the Iraqi government and elections can take place.

What is the status of Iraqi democracy? How true is the democracy here?

This a big question. The “Arab Spring” was supposed to be a democratic movement. They ended with chaos in the Arab region. Somebody is at work trying to send the wrong message to the region that democracy is bad for them.

I think we have to work together to give more say for the people. I know democracy is under threat, not only in Iraq, but also everywhere else in the world. This may sound philosophical, but I’m very alarmed by this, especially after witnessing what terrorism can do.

You have to share with other people your decision-making. That’s what we’re trying to achieve here.

We now have victory over the terrorists, who wanted to create differences in our community. But the actual victory is to undo whatever they have done by working together.

I’m very proud that Iraqi society is diversified. This is our power. This is our heritage and is what we are. We should protect it and keep it, and I hope others in the region will see this.

• Upvote 5

Abadi: The disputed areas and the entire country will be under the authority of the federal government

Since 2017-10-27 at 11:06 (Baghdad time)

1-93.jpg

Baghdad Mawazine News

Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi said in an interview with the Los Angeles Times that the timing of the referendum in Kurdistan was wrong, stressing that the disputed areas should be under the control of the federal government under the Iraqi constitution. Under the control of the federal government end of this year, elections will be held.

The text of the interview, as reported in the newspaper:

Q: How many American soldiers are in Iraq? How much do they expect to survive, especially as the war against state organization is going to the end and under what circumstances? As well as what function they will have in the future?

- The number of American soldiers peaked during the battle to restore Mosul in Ninewa province, and was 5,200 soldiers I think, and began to reduce the number now.

Their last role is training, logistical support and air cover. Our last mission will be to restore western Anbar and secure the border with Syria. With the end of that mission there will be no need for air cover, but the need remains in three main areas: logistical support, training and intelligence cooperation.

But it is important that we follow the defeat of a military organization. We fear that some of its fighters have moved to other countries because we know that they are spreading and causing problems elsewhere, and it is not in our interest or in the interest of other countries for terrorists to gather again.

Unfortunately, some countries thought they could separate their security from the security of others. We must work with our friends in America and elsewhere to end this terrorism, and we can do it.

* Iraqi forces last week, made progress in northern Iraq, to extend control of areas, both claimed by Baghdad and the Kurdistan region, and the move came after the President of the Kurdistan region, Massoud Barzani, referendum referendum independence in September, where will stop " Iraq "? Has this process ended militarily, or is it continuing?

- We have said to them publicly since the call for a referendum in Kurdistan, we are all citizens in one country, and can not draw a line and say, "I will protect this with blood." This is not true. There is great enmity in the country. ) Wrong, and it is wrong to decide unilaterally that they will separate and impose limits by force.

I am not a supporter of the 100-year-old border and imposed on the whole region. I remember that we studied in schools as an imperialist plot. But 100 years have passed, and people have changed their lives with those borders. If you want to change them by force, you call for bloodshed. , Which could lead to the disintegration of the entire region.

Currently we are keen not to enter the face, and our request is clear, the disputed areas must be under the control of the federal government, under the Iraqi constitution.

[Asharq Al-Awsat] We noticed moves to open relations with Saudi Arabia, such as the establishment of the Saudi-Iraqi Coordinating Council. Has Iraq become a mediator? How can you balance these two forces?

Iraq is in desperate need of investment. Unfortunately, over the last 50 years, Iraq has relied on oil, which has made up 90% of its income, so we have to create a parallel economy that is not oil-dependent and the only way to build That economy is in cooperation with other countries.

We have to build strong relations with people, not only with governments, if the relationship between governments is, it is unfortunate that leaders sometimes disagree on personal grounds, and this may spoil the relationship altogether.

But if this relationship is strengthened by a level of cooperation that touches the interests of people in both countries, it will be difficult to sabotage that relationship.

[Asharq Al-Awsat] The US secretary of state corrected last Sunday when he said that the Iranian militias should "return to their country" (where the talk was about the Iranian-backed Shiite militias, known as the popular crowd). Will they merge with the police and army?

But what we say to all, including our Iranian and American neighbors, who have become our friends through our support in our war against Dahesh, that we welcome their support, and we would like to work with Both of you, but please do not bring your differences to Iraq.

We must not pay for differences elsewhere. As for popular mobilization, it must become an official force under the leadership of the Iraqi government, and owe loyalty to officials and institutions, not to political parties or any forces outside Iraq.

[Asharq Al-Awsat] Will the country be ready for the elections scheduled for April?

- The elections were held in 2005/2006 under conditions that are more difficult than the circumstances we live in. Many areas were under the control of terrorists on time, but the elections were held. So I think we are in a much better position: before the end of the year the whole country will be under the control of the Iraqi government , And elections will be held.

What is the status of Iraqi democracy? How much is real here?

This is a big question. The Arab Spring was supposed to be a democratic movement, ended up with chaos in the Arab world, and there is a party trying to convey the wrong message to the peoples of the region that democracy is bad for them. I think we have to work together with people. Democracy is threatened, not only in Iraq, but everywhere else in the world. This may seem philosophical, but that worries me, especially after I have seen what terrorism can do.

You have to involve people in decision-making, and that's what we're trying to achieve here. We have now achieved a victory against the terrorists, who wanted to create differences in society, but the real victory is to reverse what they did together.

I am proud of the pluralism of Iraqi society and in it lies our strength, this is our heritage and these are us, and we must protect this and preserve it, and I hope that others in the region see this.

• Upvote 4

image.php?token=70169050ff6821b997fbc659e9fc690a&size=

Number of readings: 2100 27-10-2017 12:06 PM

27-10-2017 12:06 PM 

Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi said in an interview with the Los Angeles Times that all areas of Iraq will be under the control of the federal forces before the end of this year, which will allow the holding of elections on schedule in May next.

Abadi pointed to the issue of the US presence, which reached its peak during the liberation of Mosul, where it reached 5,200 soldiers, stressing that the number is now significantly and limited the work of US forces on training and logistical support and secure the air cover of the federal forces, indicating the absence of the need for air support once the liberation of western Anbar .

• Upvote 3

NRT Arabia publishes the Los Angeles Times interview with Abbadi

NRT Arabic publishes text of newspaper interview

Baghdad / NRT

Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi said in an interview with the Los Angeles Times that the timing of the referendum in Kurdistan was wrong, stressing that the disputed areas must be under the control of the federal government under the Iraqi constitution. Will be under the control of the federal government by the end of this year, and elections will be held.

The text of the interview, as reported in the newspaper 
* How many American soldiers in Iraq? How much do they expect to survive, especially as the war against state organization is going to the end and under what circumstances? As well as what function they will have in the future? 
- The number of American soldiers peaked during the battle to restore Mosul in Ninewa province, and was 5,200 soldiers I think, and began to reduce the number now. 
Their last role is training, logistical support and air cover. Our last mission will be to restore western Anbar and secure the border with Syria. With the end of that mission there will be no need for air cover, but the need remains in three main areas: logistical support, training and intelligence cooperation.
But it is important that we follow the defeat of a military organization. We fear that some of its fighters have moved to other countries because we know that they are spreading and causing problems elsewhere, and it is not in our interest or in the interest of other countries for terrorists to gather again. 
Unfortunately, some countries thought they could separate their security from the security of others. We must work with our friends in America and elsewhere to end this terrorism, and we can do it.

* Iraqi forces last week, made progress in northern Iraq, to extend control of areas, both claimed by Baghdad and the Kurdistan region, and the move came after the President of the Kurdistan region, Massoud Barzani, referendum referendum independence in September, where will stop " Iraq "? Has this process ended militarily, or is it continuing? 
  - We have said to them publicly since the call for a referendum in Kurdistan, we are all citizens in one country, and can not draw a line and say, "I will protect this with blood." This is not true. There is great enmity in the country. ) Wrong, and it is wrong to decide unilaterally that they will separate and impose limits by force.
I am not a supporter of the 100-year-old border and imposed on the whole region. I remember that we studied in schools as an imperialist plot. But 100 years have passed, and people have changed their lives with those borders. If you want to change them by force, you call for bloodshed. , Which could lead to the disintegration of the entire region. 
Currently we are keen not to enter the face, and our request is clear, the disputed areas must be under the control of the federal government, under the Iraqi constitution.

[Asharq Al-Awsat] We noticed moves to open relations with Saudi Arabia, such as the establishment of the Saudi-Iraqi Coordinating Council. Has Iraq become a mediator? How can you balance these two forces? 
Iraq is in desperate need of investment. Unfortunately, over the last 50 years, Iraq has relied on oil, which has made up 90% of its income, so we have to create a parallel economy that is not oil-dependent and the only way to build That economy is in cooperation with other countries. 
We have to build strong relations with people, not only with governments, if the relationship between governments is, it is unfortunate that leaders sometimes disagree on personal grounds, and this may spoil the relationship altogether. 
But if this relationship is strengthened by a level of cooperation that touches the interests of people in both countries, it will be difficult to sabotage that relationship.
[Asharq Al-Awsat] The US secretary of state corrected last Sunday when he said that the Iranian militias should "return to their country" (where the talk was about the Iranian-backed Shiite militias, known as the popular crowd). Will they merge with the police and army? 
But what we say to all, including our Iranian and American neighbors, who have become our friends through our support in our war against Dahesh, that we welcome their support, and we love to work with Both of you, but please do not bring your differences to Iraq. 
We must not pay for differences elsewhere. As for popular mobilization, it must become an official force under the leadership of the Iraqi government, and owe loyalty to officials and institutions, not to political parties or any forces outside Iraq.

[Asharq Al-Awsat] Will the country be ready for the elections scheduled for April? 
- The elections were held in 2005/2006 under conditions that are more difficult than the circumstances we live in. Many areas were under the control of terrorists on time, but the elections were held. So I think we are in a much better position: before the end of the year the whole country will be under the control of the Iraqi government , And elections will be held.

What is the status of Iraqi democracy? How much is real here? 
This is a big question. The Arab Spring was supposed to be a democratic movement, ended up with chaos in the Arab world, and there is a party trying to convey the wrong message to the peoples of the region that democracy is bad for them. I think we have to work together with people. Democracy is threatened, not only in Iraq, but everywhere else in the world. This may seem philosophical, but that worries me, especially after I have seen what terrorism can do. 
You have to involve people in decision-making, and that's what we're trying to achieve here. We have now achieved a victory against the terrorists, who wanted to create differences in society, but the real victory is to reverse what they did together. 
I am proud of the pluralism of Iraqi society and in it lies our strength, this is our heritage and these are us, and we must protect this and preserve it, and I hope that others in the region see this. 
palm

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/Details.aspx?Jimare=62319

• Upvote 2

Washington Post: Abadi's position of the Kurds .. The forces of popularity

35-4090.jpg

28/10/2017 12:00 am 

Tamer Ghabashi and Mustafa Salem - Translation / Anis Saffar                                  
When Iraqi Prime Minister Haider Abadi sent his forces to recover the disputed areas after the referendum held by the Kurds, he won praise on both the popular and political levels. 
 This move has returned to the Iraqi leader in the prestige and prestige did not receive them even after the successive victories achieved by the "dashing", and even some of his traditional critics have been describing his decision to "wisdom" and "savvy." Iraqi analysts and politicians say Abadi, with his powerful move, has blurred his national credibility and silenced the challengers ahead of next year's election.
The rising popularity of Abadi may be the bright face of the United States for a crisis that has put two of its closest political and military allies against each other, and this means the Iraqi government and the Kurds. Many Iraqi politicians say now that Abadi may be re-elected next year. 
Saad al-Mutalibi, a member of the Baghdad Provincial Council and one of the close allies of former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, said: "The popular perception of Abbadi was that he was hesitant in his movements, but what he did last week proved that everyone was wrong, even me, Decisive and stubborn in his approach and adhering to the law and the Constitution did not stop them. "
It is not yet clear to what extent Abadi plans to move forward in his quest to regain the areas lost in 2014 and controlled by the Kurds when they "invaded" parts of Iraq, but supporters of Abbadi advise him, warning that he will continue to negotiate with Kurdish authorities while keeping his forces away from Kurdish cities or else Risk losing the good image it has won in the eyes of Iraqi voters and regional powers. 
Last week, at a rare moment of declared pride, Abadi declared: "The referendum is over and we are the ones who have finished it on the ground." The 
first test of Abadi's willingness to soften his stance toward the Kurds came early on Wednesday when The Kurdish government issued a statement calling for an immediate ceasefire in return for what it called a "delay" of the results of the referendum and negotiations with Baghdad on the basis of the lines laid down by the constitution on borders and revenue sharing.
But Abadi, who has already said he will not enter into any dialogue unless the results of the referendum are canceled first, has not yet responded to this position, which could be considered a quick concession by the Kurdish authorities. This reluctance to engage in negotiations looms over the specter of further military clashes between Iraq and Kurdish forces to control the northern border with Syria and Turkey. 
Although the military move in Kirkuk has sparked a heated debate in Washington over the decline of US influence in the face of Iran's assertion of power in the region, Iraqis see it as a delicate and delicate step to avoid dividing the country, a consequence feared by its consequences.
Abadi also won the support of Sunni politicians who once expressed their reservations about taking a second term. "Abadi's policies in leading the country are not entirely clear to us, but we are generally very comfortable with what happened in Kirkuk because he is not very clear," said former deputy prime minister Salam al-Zobaie, referring to Ebadi's membership in the Dawa party, a Shi'ite Islamist party. " 
In the weeks leading up to Kirkuk, US officials have made it clear that the burden will lie on the Kurdish leadership in offering concessions to Abadi, whom the Trump administration believes has been" severely damaged by the referendum, "a US official said. On condition of anonymity. 
"Our policy was that it was necessary to do something to help Abadi because it did not start from the same point," the official said.
Trump administration officials were disappointed when the Kurds rejected a proposal that US officials claim would have given the Kurdish leadership a way to protect its face - postponing the referendum. Abadi told US diplomats of his intention to order his forces to enter Kirkuk, but he did not give them the timing or size of the operation, according to people close to Abadi. 

When he entered Kirkuk and recovered his vast oil fields and administrative buildings, the states The United States issued mixed reactions.
US diplomats in Baghdad said the United States supports Iraq's right to impose federal control over disputed areas, while President Trump said the United States would remain neutral in the conflict. 
The disparate reactions by the United States have fueled perceptions among US officials and some Iraqis that Iran has overtaken the United States as the most powerful power broker in Iraq. 
Iraqi forces, which have moved to Kirkuk and other parts of northern Iraq, have units of the popular crowd. 
Iraqi Kurdish officials, along with some Iraqi politicians, concluded that Abadi was acting on behalf of Iran, which fears that the Kurdish referendum in Iraq would trigger a similar situation among its large Kurdish faction.
"The prime minister will take advantage of what happened, of course, to raise his popularity in the street," says Izzat Shabandar, a former member of the House of Representatives. 
Shabandar refers to the prominent presence of Iranian General Qassim Soleimani, the Iranian military commander appointed in Iraq and Syria, who was in Iraq before and after the referendum, as well as in the run-up to progress toward Kirkuk. 
Kurdish officials say Soleimani has brokered a deal by which Peshmerga fighters belonging to one of the Kurdish factions, who are not enthusiastic about the referendum, will step aside when Iraqi forces enter Kirkuk. 
But two people close to Abadi, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject to provide a different description of how the events occurred. These two say: Sulaimani has entered the negotiating line after Abadi and Kurdish officials reached an initial framework for the agreement.
But Soleimani helped convince the Kurds to invite their troops to withdraw after telling them that the numbers enjoyed by the other side far outnumbered them. 
Sulaimani's intervention led to the postponement of Abadi's plan to move towards Kirkuk two days in the hope of Massoud Barzani's agreement to enter negotiations. The talks failed, but someone close to Abadi, who also spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject, said: "Some of Solaimani's warnings contributed to some degree in persuading them to avoid bloodshed, and some of what he told them had an effective effect, "Sulaimani had a presence, but he is not the architect of all this."
The impression that Abadi was not fully in control of the Kirkuk process is one of the challenges he faces. The more radical factions within the coalition and Shiite groups are restless and complain of a deeper push into the Kurdish region, a move that may backfire as analysts believe. The US Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, sent a signal that grew his concern about the campaign of Abadi, where he told the Prime Minister during the meeting held in Baghdad on Monday that any further progress towards the areas held by the Kurds may provoke further armed clashes and asked the two sides Engage in serious negotiations.
Abadi proved he was ready to take risks in order to direct political events in his favor. In the summer of 2016 Abadi faced a crisis when the pace of demonstrations and protests rose to the extent that the invasion of the Green Zone in Baghdad. But the surprise of American diplomats and even military commanders in the Iraqi army was heightened when Abadi announced a crackdown on Falluja, a city that was seen as a hard-to-penetrate fortress. 
However, the "Da'ash" collapsed in Falluja in about three weeks despite the predictions of a long-term battle. It also proved to have had a decisive impact on the morale of the Iraqi security forces, And harsh.
"Abadi has a willingness to break into great risks in order to win the moments of his victory," says one former Western diplomat. "The victory in Falluja is what brought the country's diaspora closer than any other event in the near future," 
says Sajjad Jayyad, an analyst at the Baghdad-based Al-Bayan Center for Planning and Studies . " The political opponents of Abadi will seek to exploit his strategic mistakes . "This means that now it is a more targeted goal than it has been before, after creating the impression that it could achieve a landslide victory while the other political groups have little impact on what is going on." 
For The Washington Post
  • Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Prime Minister: All disputed territories will be subject to federal authorities

Prime Minister: All disputed territories will be subject to federal authorities

36-4090.jpg

28/10/2017 12:00 am 

(Morning) published on Sunday the text of the full dialogue with the American media 
 Abadi: the whole country will be under the control of the federal government end of this year 
Baghdad / morning 
Prime Minister Haider Abadi said law enforcement operations will not stop before the completion of the control of federal forces on all disputed areas under The Constitution, explaining that the whole country will be under the control of the federal government by the end of this year, and that the elections will be held on time, Abadi stressed in an interview with major US newspapers (The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal) and published by "morning" That "the Referendum conducted by the separatist Kurdistan region of Iraq is wrong. "
"We have told them publicly since we called for a referendum in Kurdistan, we are all citizens of one country, we can not draw a line and say, 'I will protect this with blood,'" he said in an interview. They will separate and impose borders by force. " 
"I am not a supporter of the 100-year-old border and imposed on the whole region. I remember that we studied in schools as an imperialist plot. But 100 years have passed. People have changed their lives with those borders. If you want to change them by force, To the bloodshed, which may lead to the disintegration of the whole region, and now we are keen not to enter the confrontation, and our request is clear, the disputed areas must be under the control of the federal government, under the Iraqi constitution.
"The Arab spring was supposed to be a democratic movement, but it ended with anarchy in the Arab world, and there is a party trying to convey the wrong message to the peoples of the region that democracy is bad for them. To work together with people, I know that democracy is threatened, not only in Iraq, but everywhere else in the world. This may sound philosophical, but that worries me, especially after seeing what terrorism can do. " 
"We have now made a victory against the terrorists, who wanted to create differences in society, but the real victory is to reverse what they did to work together. I am proud of the pluralism of Iraqi society and our strength lies," he said. Our heritage and these are us, and we must protect this and preserve it, and I hope that others in the region see this. "
On the openness with Saudi Arabia, Abadi said: "We have good relations with all, and do not play the role of mediator, Iraq is in dire need of investment. Unfortunately, Iraq has relied over the past 50 years on oil, which accounted for 90 percent of its income, Does not depend on oil, and the only way to build that economy is in cooperation with other countries, "he said." We have to build strong relations with the people, not just with governments, if the relationship between governments, it is unfortunate that leaders sometimes disagree for personal reasons, Spoils the relationship completely, but if the relationship is strengthened by a flat Cooperation touches the interests of the people in the two countries , it would be difficult to sabotage the 
relationship. "
"The elections were held in 2005/2006 under conditions that are more difficult than the conditions we live in. Many areas were under the control of terrorists on time, but the elections were held, so I think we are in a much better position than before. The whole country will be under the control of the Iraqi government, and 
 elections will be held. "
  • Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to Abadi: Before the end of the year the entire country will be under government control

Abadi: Before the end of the year the entire country will be under government control

3-4091.jpg

29/10/2017 12:00 am 

During an interview with American news organizations 
Nabih Pulse / The Los Angeles Times Translation / Anis Saffar           

Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi reiterated the position of the central government rejecting the Kurdish referendum, stressing in a meeting held by three US news organizations (Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and Los Angeles Times) that the disputed areas should be under the control of the federal state as stipulated by the Iraqi Constitution, Said that Iraq is determined to build a parallel economy based on other aspects, pointing out that the only way we can from solid economic construction is to cooperate with other countries and regional and global openness to all countries.

The meeting also said that although he presided over the battlefield to defeat al-Abadi, Abadi remained committed to a moderate, neutral course in his country from being dragged into regional conflicts even while dealing with the arch-enemies of the United States and Iran. 
Interviewer: 
Q: How many US troops are there? How long do you expect their survival to last after the battle is nearing completion and under what conditions? Also, what jobs do you think they can perform in the future? 
The number of American soldiers peaked at the time of the battle to liberate Mosul, which, I believe, was 5200 soldiers, but they are now beginning to reduce these forces.
Their current role is training, logistical support and providing air cover for our troops. We will conclude this task by liberating western Anbar and securing the Iraqi-Syrian border. When this is done, there will be no need for air cover in the future, but the need will continue in the other three basic aspects, namely logistical support, training and intelligence cooperation. 
However, it is important to follow up on the matter militarily even after defeating the "fear" of our fear of the transfer of some of their fighters to other countries, we know that they are spreading and will cause problems elsewhere, and it is not in our interest or the interest of other countries in the region to bring the terrorists back together. 
It is unfortunate that some countries believe that they can separate their security from the security of others, but we have to work with our friends in the United States and elsewhere to eliminate this terrorism. We are able to do so.
Q: Last week Iraqi forces advanced in northern Iraq to try to re-establish control of areas that both Baghdad and the Kurdish autonomous region claim to be returning to. The move followed Barzani's controversial referendum on independence in September. What is the point at which Iraqi forces will stop in your view? Has this military operation ended or is it still ongoing? 
We have said it publicly since the call was made for the referendum in the Kurdistan region and we told them that we are the sons of one country, so you should not draw a line and then say, "We will protect this line with blood." This is not your right. 
Our country has a lot of feelings of transgression, and we must try to repair the relations between the different groups and factions. Hence, the timing of the referendum was wrong. Rather, the main mistake is to take a unilateral decision and then declare the intention to secede and forcefully impose borders.
I honestly say that I myself am not a fan of these borders, which were set 100 years ago and then imposed on the entire region. I remember that we always taught at school that this was an imperialist plan. But 100 years have passed and people have organized their lives on the basis of these limits. If you intend to change it forcefully and forcefully, it will cause bloodshed, and this could lead to the dismantling of the entire region. 
We are currently more willing to avoid confrontation. Our demand is clear: the disputed areas must be under the control of the federal state as stipulated by the Iraqi constitution. 
Q: We have seen moves to open relations with Saudi Arabia, such as the establishment of the Saudi-Iraqi Coordinating Council and so on. How will this affect the other friendly country, Iran? Has Iraq emerged as a mediator between the two countries? How will you be able to balance these two forces together?
We have good relations with everyone, but our role is not mediator. Iraq urgently needs investment. Over the last 50 years, unfortunately, our country relied on oil, which remained about 90 percent of the income. So we have to build a parallel economy that depends on other aspects, and the only way we can build is to cooperate with other countries. 
We have to have strong relations with nations rather than governments only. The bad relations between governments are that leaders may disagree with each other sometimes for personal reasons, and this would undermine the whole relationship. But when the strength of the relationship comes across a level of cooperation that touches the interests of people in both countries it becomes very difficult to sabotage that relationship.
Q: I would like to know your view of the popular mobilization forces, and are you thinking about dissolving these forces in any way, or are you considering integrating them more with the police and the army? Let me first understand that there has been a bad relationship between the United States and Iran since the 1979 revolution, and this is not something of our making. But what we say to all, including our Iranian and American neighbors, who have been friends with us in supporting us in our fight against Da'ash, is that we welcome your support and we love to work with all of you, but we hope you do not carry your problems to Iraq. We must not afford the price of bad relations  
among others. 
The popular mobilization forces must become a professional force subject to the order of the Iraqi government, which owes loyalty only to the official Iraqi institutions, rather than political parties or any force from outside Iraq. 
Q: Will Iraq be ready for the elections (to be held in April)?
Between 2005 and 2006, the elections were held under the most severe of these conditions. At that time, large parts of the country were under the control of terrorists, but the elections took place nonetheless. So I think we are now in a much better position, and by the end of this year the whole country will be under the control of the Iraqi government and elections will be possible. 
Q: What is the status of Iraqi democracy? How credible is democracy in this country? 
It's a big question. The "Arab Spring" was supposed to be a democratic move, but ended up creating chaos in the Arab region. There are those who are struggling to send the wrong message to the region that democracy is a curse on them.
I think we should work together to open up a wider area for the people to say their word. I know democracy is surrounded by dangers, not only in Iraq but everywhere in the world. This may sound like a philosophy, but I feel a strong sense, especially after we have seen what terrorism can do. 
One has to involve others in the decision-making process, and that is what we are trying to achieve here. 
We are continuing to win over the terrorists who wanted to find a division in our society, but the real victory would be to dismantle what they did through our work together. I am proud of the diversity of Iraqi society, this is our strength. This is our heritage and our heritage, so we have to protect it and hope that others in the region will witness  
this.

• Upvote 6

Agreed Chuckster! Let’s Do This Thing! I really would like to sit around and day trade crypto currencies and the Dinar is really hampering my plans.... If I’d bought bitcoin instead of sinking so much in dinar I could have bought about 100 million Dinar by now.... oh well que sera sera

But if Iraq wants to do this sooner than later it would be great :) 

You have my respect being in this as long as you have. Ive only had 9 years almost 10 in now and I know you’ve been here a lot longer. 

3 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Let's wrap this thing up. :bravo:

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Agreed Chuckster! Let’s Do This Thing! I really would like to sit around and day trade crypto currencies and the Dinar is really hampering my plans.... If I’d bought bitcoin instead of sinking so much in dinar I could have bought about 100 million Dinar by now.... oh well que sera sera

But if Iraq wants to do this sooner than later it would be great :) 

You have my respect being in this as long as you have. Ive only had 9 years almost 10 in now and I know you’ve been here a lot longer. 

Know your pain. Dinar is hampering my style right now. But things about to change.  

Edited by ChuckFinley
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

you know it baby!!!!!!

I got a neg? 

If I offended someone I dearly apologize. 

My comment above this one( that was responded to by my friend Chinadawg) was a bit sarcastic...and I bet Chinadawg knew that and responded the way I figured someone would.

again if I offended anyone I apologize

Edited by SnowGlobe7
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1