Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump feud continues as Florida congresswoman calls John Kelly a liar

Frederica Wilson says Kelly lied about her during press briefing on Thursday

Kelly called Wilson an ‘empty barrel’ and lashed out over condolence call

Sabrina Siddiqui in Washington

Friday 20 October 2017 17.01 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/20/trump-feud-florida-congresswoman-john-kelly

36 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Out of respect for Gold Star families.....it's time the Congress woman and the POTUS grow up, shut up, and let this incident fade into history.  <_<

GO RV, then BV

Keep in mind POTUS did not start it.......A Liberal anything to cause Trump problems did.....

Just sayin,

She should resign after being proven to be a Liar.

Karsten

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Karsten said:

Keep in mind POTUS did not start it.......A Liberal anything to cause Trump problems did.....

Just sayin,

She should resign after being proven to be a Liar.

Karsten

With all due respect, Karsten, when Trump was caught off guard by the media, he threw former Presidents under the bus with false information about their interactions with Gold Star families.....that's when this whole mess started.  The congresswoman just added fuel to the fire later.  There is not one shred of evidence as to who is right....because no one is disputing what was said in the call.  The dispute is over how his call was processed contextually by all parties involved.  This is an absolute fact, not an alternate one.  ;)

GO RV, then BV  

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My first husband gave his life for people like Wilson. I got no phone call or anything but a survival assistance officer. I survived but certainly have not forgotten. My second husband retired and my son (general in the air force) and my other 2 sons retired.  I have 4 gkids that are in now and I pray for them every day. They know they could give their all but someone has to defend our country.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, Joan said:

My first husband gave his life for people like Wilson. I got no phone call or anything but a survival assistance officer. I survived but certainly have not forgotten. My second husband retired and my son (general in the air force) and my other 2 sons retired.  I have 4 gkids that are in now and I pray for them every day. They know they could give their all but someone has to defend our country.

Joan,

Welcome to the forum and a pretty great group of people. Let me also say thanks you for your service, your families continued service as well as the Sacrifices you and your family have endured over the years. . 

Karsten

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Karsten said:

Joan,

Welcome to the forum and a pretty great group of people. Let me also say thanks you for your service, your families continued service as well as the Sacrifices you and your family have endured over the years. . 

Karsten

+1000

From the son of an Atomic Veteran I too thank you for your families service, sacrifice and devotion to duty. It is not just the soldiers that do a tour. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Joan said:

Thank you for your and your husbands sacrifice ma’am.

my condolences.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Out of respect for Gold Star families.....it's time the Congress woman and the POTUS grow up, shut up, and let this incident fade into history.  <_<

GO RV, then BV

Well I have to agree with the statement about the “Congress Woman”.

and agree with the respect for gold star families.

Edited by Muleslayer
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have to agree with Shabs that this would probably never have become an issue if Trump hadn't compared himself to former presidents, and especially Obama. But the Trumpster's personality of having an ego bigger than an 800 lb gorilla is why he was put in office...so that he wouldn't bow down to political correctness. This is one of those instances where I wish that he had decided to ignore his normal first reaction to fight back whenever he feels that he is being attacked...it did not end well.

In the big scheme of things, I see this as a personal, private conversation that was taken out of context by a political hack (the FL congresswoman) up for 15 mins of fame. She is falling into the same pattern as most every other person that has attacked Trump...a painful realization that it was not a good career move. 

Indy 

Edited by Indraman
  • Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

Agreed, a little. It is time this Congresswoman and the Dems to stop treating the US population as low class, uninformed believers of anything the Dems say.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Indraman said:

I have to agree with Shabs that this would probably never have become an issue if Trump hadn't compared himself to former presidents, and especially Obama. But the Trumpster's personality of having an ego bigger than an 800 lb gorilla is why he was put in office...so that he wouldn't bow down to political correctness. This is one of those instances where I wish that he had decided to ignore his normal first reaction to fight back whenever he feels that he is being attacked...it did not end well.

In the big scheme of things, I see this as a personal, private conversation that was taken out of context by a political hack (the FL congresswoman) up for 15 mins of fame. She is falling into the same pattern as most every other person that has attacked Trump...a painful realization that it was not a good career move. 

Indy 

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. This never would have become an issue if Congresswoman "bedazzled cowboy hat" Wilson did not lie to the American public about what President Trump said in his condolence call to a fallen soldiers widow. With the invention of PC's and Google more and more Americans are fairly informed about matters now. 

• Upvote 6

On 10/21/2017 at 12:40 AM, Indraman said:

Indy 

Intellectual honesty.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

On 10/21/2017 at 3:18 AM, new york kevin said:

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. This never would have become an issue if Congresswoman "bedazzled cowboy hat" Wilson did not lie to the American public about what President Trump said in his condolence call to a fallen soldiers widow. With the invention of PC's and Google more and more Americans are fairly informed about matters now. 

The timeline does not match your theory, Kevin......Google it.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why would President Trump say anything substantially different to this widow of a fallen serviceman or woman than he would for any other service man or woman? Sadly, Mrs Johnson likely is grieving deeper than even she realizes . She responded to a commonly used standardized "phrase"  the military uses in death/condolence calls, in a way that Pres Trump never ever intended. The rest is the result of the grooming Congresswoman  bedazzled cowboy hat was not so subtly grooming a grieving woman with.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Why would President Trump say anything substantially different to this widow of a fallen serviceman or woman than he would for any other service man or woman? Sadly, Mrs Johnson likely is grieving deeper than even she realizes . She responded to a commonly used standardized "phrase"  the military uses in death/condolence calls, in a way that Pres Trump never ever intended. The rest is the result of the grooming Congresswoman  bedazzled cowboy hat was not so subtly grooming a grieving woman with.

Kevin,

My guess is that the Bedazzled congresswoman got to her and now she is giving cover to the bedazzled Cowgirls story.....Almost two weeks and today she comes out back wilson's version of that was said.

We need accountability.....If it was proven wilson lied and made it all up....up with her.

Now if the Wife is simply covering wilson....She should be done, she alone disgraced her Fallen Husband and well as the Family.

Fluke she lied about being raped and destroyed lives yet she is clintons poster girl and out there making more money demanding we pay for her Pills.....

If CNN/MSNBC  want to make up news than so be it, cancel their license.

This crap would have Never Been Let Slide in the last 8 years of obama.........you would be in jail.

Karsten

• Upvote 2

I have a dear friend who lost her husband in Desert Storm. She received a phone call from our Gov at the time Henry Bellmon. It was full of condolences and love.

In the conversation the same words were used....but it went more like this.

Your Husband was brave and full of patriotism...he knew what he was signing up for...and I am sure you and his family wrestled with the the decision he was making, and he served with pride and knowledge that he was making a difference. But his pride is dwarfed in the  pride  this country has for him and all the other soldiers that are out there protecting the rights of Americans and others that con not protect themselves. He knew he was fighting for the rights of children, women and men who feel they may of lost their rights. He was fighting so that others can enjoy the liberties we are accustomed to here in the great country.  He knew he made a difference, and he was right. He and all other Oklahoma soldiers will never be forgotten. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all that had the privilege of having your husband in their lives. 

Some of this is paraphrased (I did not use his name, but it and his rank was used by Gov Bellman ) but some of it has stayed with me word for word. It was a gesture that was unheard of at the time and it was more that just words, it was the beginning of healing for her, and for that I am forever grateful.

I have said things that have been taken out of context..or have said things here even on this site that have been interpreted wrong...at least they did not come out how I meant them to. 

I hope that this congresswoman did not paraphrase to advance herself in the political arena. A call like this  will stay with these families forever, and will have ripples that you never know how far they reach.

• Upvote 7