Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MP accuses NIA of protecting corrupt officials

tigergorzow

MP accuses NIA of protecting corrupt officials

October 06 2017 11:01 AM
Corruption thriving in Iraq
Corruption thriving in Iraq

National Iraqi Alliance (NIA) protects corrupt officials by neither holding them accountable for their actions nor questioning them in parliament, Monadel al-Moussawi, a Karbala MP, said Friday.  

In a press statement, al-Moussawi said that NIA failed to root out corruption and confront corrupt officials despite possessing records incriminating a number of ministers. 

Successive governments since 2005 up till now offered nothing to the Iraqi citizen at all levels, he added. 

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has led a push to eliminate corruption and fraud in Iraq, which raised the concerns of the country’s political elite. 

Iraq ranks 166st out of 176 nations in Transparency International’s Corruption Index.

Corruption in Iraq is tied to chronically weak accountability and murky governance.

Estimates of how much goes missing vary from $100 billion lost since 2003 to $20 billion in 2013. One Iraqi government official put total money lost to corruption as high as $300 billion. 

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/17858/MP-accuses-NIA-of-protecting-corrupt-officials

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jmcc said:

Oh I think we have our own problems here in the states that sorta match the post. And it will not go away until the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

to much slime in the swamp keeps cloggin the drain .

15 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

to much slime in the swamp keeps cloggin the drain .

You get rid of one Clinton another takes there place, Waters I hope is on the way out , now if we can rid our selves of McCain, Pelosi, Ryan.and a 100 more, but you just keep voting them in. This yr I will vote only if I have never heard there name before That way I know none of the same old no good Sh*&6 gets back in. 

• Upvote 3