Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: Official story of Las Vegas shooting unravels; physical impossibility of lone gunman senior citizen makes narrative ludicrous

Thanks Yota....Gonna have to call BS on this one...This has way to many discrepancies from the start to have any legitimacy...

16 hours ago, BJinMontreal said:

No research necessary ... I have a civil engineering degree ...

You know structural design?  Factors of safety and all that fun stuff!!!!

You're continued opinion that a super structure could implode on itself is just your biased belief in whatever the government tells you to believe!!!

If that was *not* a controlled implosion then I have no clue what the odds would be for not one; not two; but THREE structures to all free fall onto their foundations in one day must out of this world ... and one wasn't even hit by a plane!!!

Any structure that topples due to mechanical or structural defect will not fall on itself, but will be impacted by debris and obstacles on the way down affecting it's path of travel ... 

All in my learned opinion, of course!!

...There are unique situations in both incidents that leave basic logical common sense questions unanswered...As with the Twin Towers...this tragedy have left a lot of basic questions unanswered...Hopefully integrity will reveal the facts someday....

21 hours ago, BJinMontreal said:

No research necessary ... I have a civil engineering degree ...

You know structural design?  Factors of safety and all that fun stuff!!!!

You're continued opinion that a super structure could implode on itself is just your biased belief in whatever the government tells you to believe!!!

If that was *not* a controlled implosion then I have no clue what the odds would be for not one; not two; but THREE structures to all free fall onto their foundations in one day must out of this world ... and one wasn't even hit by a plane!!!

Any structure that topples due to mechanical or structural defect will not fall on itself, but will be impacted by debris and obstacles on the way down affecting it's path of travel ... 

All in my learned opinion, of course!!

Civil Engineering must be a lot different up North.  Down here us Civil Engineering types stick to designing roads, bridges, sewers, flood calcs, etc.  Might be the occasional house or pole barn design from time to time.....but not much use for skyscrapers in the Midwest sticks.  Besides, that's what Architects are for.  Metaphorically speaking.....Just because I own a pet doesn't qualify me to be a zookeeper.  Congrats on your learnedness though....can never have too much education.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV   

• Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Civil Engineering must be a lot different up North.  Down here us Civil Engineering types stick to designing roads, bridges, sewers, flood calcs, etc.  Might be the occasional house or pole barn design from time to time.....but not much use for skyscrapers in the Midwest sticks.  Besides, that's what Architects are for.  Metaphorically speaking.....Just because I own a pet doesn't qualify me to be a zookeeper.  Congrats on your learnedness though....can never have too much education.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV   

I keep telling you Shabby Wabby

Image result for you don't own me cat meme

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV   

Seriously?

You do know what an architect does don't you?  Certainly NOT if you think they design skyscrapers ...

They design the esthetics of a room or building ... NOT the actual structure - that's for the civil engineers to do!!!!

Skyscraper design and construction

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
250px-Old_timer_structural_worker2.jpg

A workman on the framework of the Empire State Building

The design and construction of skyscrapers involves creating safe, habitable spaces in very high buildings. The buildings must support their weight, resist wind and earthquakes, and protect occupants from fire. Yet they must also be conveniently accessible, even on the upper floors, and provide utilities and a comfortable climate for the occupants. The problems posed in skyscraper design are considered among the most complex encountered given the balances required between economics, engineering, and construction management.

Contents

Basic design considerations

Good structural design is important in most building designs, but particularly for skyscrapers since even a small chance of catastrophic failure is unacceptable given the high prices of construction. This presents a paradox to civil engineers: the only way to assure a lack of failure is to test for all modes of failure, in both the laboratory and the real world. But the only way to know of all modes of failure is to learn from previous failures. Thus, no engineer can be absolutely sure that a given structure will resist all loadings that could cause failure, but can only have large enough margins of safety such that a failure is acceptably unlikely. When buildings do fail, engineers question whether the failure was due to some lack of foresight or due to some unknowable factor.

Loading and vibration

220px-101.typhoon.altonthompson.jpg

Taipei 101 endures a typhoon (2005)

The load a skyscraper experiences is largely from the force of the building material itself. In most building designs, the weight of the structure is much larger than the weight of the material that it will support beyond its own weight. In technical terms, the dead load, the load of the structure, is larger than the live load, the weight of things in the structure (people, furniture, vehicles, etc.). As such, the amount of structural material required within the lower levels of a skyscraper will be much larger than the material required within higher levels. This is not always visually apparent. The Empire State Building's setbacks are actually a result of the building code at the time, and were not structurally required. On the other hand, John Hancock Center's shape is uniquely the result of how it supports loads. Vertical supports can come in several types, among which the most common for skyscrapers can be categorized as steel frames, concrete cores, tube within tube design, and shear walls.

The wind loading on a skyscraper should also be considered. In fact, the lateral wind load imposed on super-tall structures is generally the governing factor in the structural design. Wind pressure increases with height, so for very tall buildings, the loads associated with wind are larger than dead or live loads.

Other vertical and horizontal loading factors come from varied, unpredictable sources, such as earthquakes.

OR maybe if I put it in language that my father (also a Civil Engineer, and who worked with the firm that built the CN Tower) taught me regarding architects ... They don't know shyte about buildings except how to make them look pretty

Skyscraper

Background

There is no precise definition of how many stories or what height makes a building a skyscraper. "I don't think it is how many floors you have. I think it is attitude," architect T. J. Gottesdiener told the Christian Science Monitor. Gottesdiener, a partner in the firm of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, designers of numerous tall buildings including the Sears Tower in Chicago, Illinois, continued, "What is a skyscraper? It is anything that makes you stop, stand, crane your neck back, and look up."

Some observers apply the word "skyscraper" to buildings of at least 20 stories. Others reserve the term for structures of at least 50 stories. But it is widely accepted that a skyscraper fits buildings with 100 or more stories. At 102 stories, the Empire State Building's in New York occupied height reaches 1,224 ft (373 m), and its spire, which is the tapered portion atop a building's roof, rises another 230 ft (70 m). Only 25 buildings around the world stand taller than 1,000 ft (300 m), counting their spires, but not antennas rising above them.

The tallest freestanding structure in the world is the CN Tower in Toronto, Canada, which rises to a height of 1,815 ft (553 m); constructed to support a television antenna, the tower is not designed for human occupation, except for a restaurant and observation deck perched at 1,100 ft (335 m). The world's tallest occupied structure is the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, which reach a height of 1,483 ft (452 m), including spires. The Sears Tower in Chicago boasts the highest occupied level; the roof of its 110th story stands at 1,453 ft (443 m).

In some ways, super-tall buildings are not practical. It is cheaper to build two half-height buildings than one very tall one. Developers must find tenants for huge amounts of space at one location; for example, the Sears Tower encloses 4.5 million square feet (415,000 square meters). On the other hand, developers in crowded cities must make the fullest possible use of limited amounts of available land. Nonetheless, the decision to build a dramatically tall building is usually based not on economics, but on the desire to attract attention and gain prestige.

History

Several technological advances occurred in the late nineteenth century that combined to make skyscraper design and construction possible. Among them were the ability to mass produce steel, the invention of safe and efficient elevators, and the development of improved techniques for measuring and analyzing structural loads and stresses. During the 1920s and 1930s, skyscraper development was further spurred by invention of electric arc welding and fluorescent light bulbs (their bright light allowed people to work farther from windows and generated less heat than incandescent bulbs).

Traditionally, the walls of a building supported the structure; the taller the structure, the thicker the walls had to be. A 16-story building constructed in Chicago in 1891 had walls 6 ft (1.8 m) thick at the base. The need for very thick walls was eliminated with the invention of steel-frame construction, in which a rigid steel skeleton supports the building's weight, and the outer walls are merely hung from the frame almost like curtains. The first building to use this design was the 10-story Home Insurance Company Building, which was constructed in Chicago in 1885.

The 792-ft (242-m) tall Woolworth Building, erected in New York City in 1913, first combined all of the components of a true skyscraper. Its steel skeleton rose from a foundation supported on concrete pillars that extended down to bedrock (a layer of solid rock strong enough to support the building), its frame was braced to resist expected wind forces, and its high-speed elevators provided both local and express service to its 60 floors.

In 1931, the Empire State Building rose in New York City like a 1,250-ft (381-m) exclamation point. It would remain the world's tallest office building for 41 years. By 2000, only six other buildings in the world would surpass its height.

Raw Materials

Reinforced concrete is one important component of skyscrapers. It consists of concrete (a mixture of water, cement powder, and aggregate consisting of gravel or sand) poured around a gridwork of steel rods (called rebar) that will strengthen the dried concrete against bending motion caused by the wind. Concrete is inherently strong under compressive forces; however, the enormous projected weight of the Petronas Towers led designers to specify a new type of concrete that was more than twice as strong as usual. This high-strength material was achieved by adding very fine particles to the usual concrete ingredients; the increased surface area of these tiny particles produced a stronger bond.

The other primary raw material for skyscraper construction is steel, which is an alloy of iron and carbon. Nearby buildings often limit the amount of space available for construction activity and supply storage, so steel beams of specified sizes and shapes are delivered to the site just as they are needed for placement. Before delivery, the beams are coated with a mixture of plaster and vermiculite (mica that has been heat-expanded to form sponge-like particles) to protect them from corrosion and heat. After each beam is welded into place, the fresh joints are sprayed with the same coating material. An additional layer of insulation, such as fiberglass batting covered with aluminum foil, may then be wrapped around the beams.

To maximize the best qualities of concrete and steel, they are often used together in skyscraper construction. For example, a support column may be formed by pouring concrete around a steel beam.

A variety of materials are used to cover the skyscraper's frame. Known as "cladding," the sheets that form the exterior walls may consist of glass, metals, such as aluminum or stainless steel, or masonry materials, such as granite, marble, or limestone.

Design

Design engineers translate the architect's vision of the building into a detailed plan that will be structurally sound and possible to construct.

Designing a low-rise building involves creating a structure that will support its own weight (called the dead load) and the weight of the people and furniture that it will contain (the live load). For a skyscraper, the sideways force of wind affects the structure more than the weight of the building and its contents. The designer must ensure that the building will not be toppled by a strong wind, and also that it will not sway enough to cause the occupants physical or emotional discomfort.

Each skyscraper design is unique. Major structural elements that may be used alone or in combination include a steel skeleton hidden behind non-load-bearing curtain walls, a reinforced concrete skeleton that is in-filled with cladding panels to form the exterior walls, a central concrete core (open column) large enough to contain elevator shafts and other mechanical components, and an array of support columns around the perimeter of the building that are connected by horizontal beams to one another and to the core.

Because each design is innovative, models of proposed super tall buildings are tested in wind tunnels to determine the effect of high wind on them, and also the effect on surrounding buildings of wind patterns caused by the new building. If tests show the building will sway excessively in strong winds,

An example of a skyscraper ground floor design and 6uilding frame.
An example of a skyscraper ground floor design and 6uilding frame.

designers may add mechanical devices that counteract or restrict motion.

In addition to the superstructure, designers must also plan appropriate mechanical systems such as elevators that move people quickly and comfortably, air circulation systems, and plumbing.

The Construction Process

Each skyscraper is a unique structure designed to conform to physical constraints imposed by factors like geology and climate, meet the needs of the tenants, and satisfy the aesthetic objectives of the owner and the architect. The construction process for each building is also unique. The following steps give a general idea of the most common construction techniques.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

Has anybody asked the question on how he allegedly obtained so many guns and no red flag went up?

Omgoodness buy one and the law is all over you; he bought and brought to the other side of >10! Really?!

Sage,

Depending where you are located it is not hard to purchase quite a collection of firearms over a number of years....It mostly depends on a persona cash flow. I would say I have as many if not more than He "Allegedly" owned and not one of them has ever hurt anyone...Well other than me having smashed my thumb in a Garand and riping my hand open racking the slide on a 1911 with a sharp rear sight.

Some states do have rules limiting one to 1 or 2 guns a month but nothing to really send up Red Flags as long as you pass the Back Ground Check and Yes even Gun Shows do Back Ground Checks.

Karsten

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

Has anybody asked the question on how he allegedly obtained so many guns and no red flag went up?

Omgoodness buy one and the law is all over you; he bought and brought to the other side of >10! Really?!

Buy a handgun - and they are all over you. The rules for rifles and shotguns are totally different.  There is no requirement to report sales of multiple rifles to an individual unless they are from the same dealer at the same time or within 5 days. So if I go to Sportsman's Warehouse and buy a rifle - then next week go to Cabela's and buy a rifle - then next week go to a pawn shop and buy a rifle, then next week go back to Sportsman's Warehouse and buy a rifle, there is nothing that is going to send up any type of flag - and I just bought 4 rifles in 30 days. 

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/fact-sheet/fact-sheet-multiple-firearms-sales-or-other-disposition-reporting

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BJinMontreal said:

AND that was me who negged you for opening your mouth and spewing your spiteful garbage

Sometimes one's lack of knowledge should be checked at the door!!!!

Who's door would that be....Alex Jones'?  :rolleyes:  And Thank You for the neg.  After converting from Canadian to U.S., it's worth about 0.79% of an actual neg.  It's the thought that counts I think, so thanks again.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 2

If this story doesn't break the back of the Lame Stream Media then we're all in serious trouble.

If you still are paying for cable, then you are paying for the LSM salaries. 

And I don't care one damned bit how imbeciles, who are too stupid to even know what side their on, make fun of those who choose to look  elsewhere for the real news. 

Tell me Shabbs why is it that

FIVE DAYS LATER

we still don't have any answers to what this is all about.

You would have to be a moron to not even question that.

We are so used to being inundated with tons of information and online profiles just seconds after any large crime of this sort. But not this one.

Oh no!

five freaking days later and

WE GOT A BIG FAT 

NOTHING BURGER.

I am as equally sadden by this tragedy as I am outraged at the simplistic stupidity of those that still listen to anything LSM.

The pure ignorance and unadulterated laziness of those that have destroyed this nation for their lack of desire to learn anything of reality. 

For it seems that such are themselves not only victims of Satan's evil machinations but emissaries of the same.  

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Who's door would that be....Alex Jones'?  :rolleyes:  And Thank You for the neg.  After converting from Canadian to U.S., it's worth about 0.79% of an actual neg.  It's the thought that counts I think, so thanks again.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

I for one commend BJinMontreal  :tiphat:for seeing what most stay blinded to. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/3/2017 at 9:22 PM, Indraman said:

"How was the FBI able to almost immediately declare Paddock had no ties to ISIS — barely 12 hours after the shooting — when the same agency has spent over a year investigating President Trump with zero evidence linking him to Russia, all while refusing to declare Trump has no ties to Russia?"

This is the million dollar question. I am not a big conspiracy theorist, but this was rather puzzling to me that they could so quickly discount the claim in the ISIS connection.

Indy 

It seems the only time the government make a rapid decision it always is related to "blame", and their decisions always go to deflect blame when one of their agenda driven policies or practices is at the heart of the matter.

They declared it is not Muslim related ASAP, probably due to the economic refugees coming here from Africa, pretending to be political refugees from Syria and Iraq.

The gov has been lightning fast to declare some event was not Islam related.

They tried that with that club in FL, but then had to retract the statement.

On 10/4/2017 at 5:30 AM, patrickgold said:

All great points Indraman.  Who's to say this is true or false.  I just know what I feel and that is I don't trust the media's information that is being brought forth.  The public has been deceived many times with misinformation, and speculation that is given in a rush to keep their ratings up to par.  It all seems wishy washy that this individual would do such a horrific action.  There are some holes in this situation that doesn't fit this individuals actions.  I'm thinking this man was innocent or framed....  should of been innocent until proven guilty. The media has fried him all ready. 

I wonder have they interviewed any of the surrounding tenants near his room, what have they've said?

Shabs on your thoughts, it seems it could very well be accurate.  It makes you wonder indeed. 

You cant tell me there are not security cameras monitoring almost every square inch of that hotel.

I wonder why there has been no mention whatsoever of the CCTV system. Even the cheapest loop recording will last at least two weeks before overwrite.

On 10/4/2017 at 6:44 AM, Texstorm said:

Clearly there are no answers yet but I would like to see all ballistics matched with ever gun found in the room. If there are some that don't match then there are more questions to arise.

On 10/4/2017 at 10:45 AM, SnowGlobe7 said:

There are many reports of the guy setting up cameras and filming this from the hotel room....would like to see the video of him doing it.....this would quell the thoughts of whether he could or could not do it alone

On 10/4/2017 at 10:50 AM, tankdude said:

I do have to agree with you on this one. an AR15 with a bump stock - which is what I understand these were, as there was multiple- weighs in at less than 10 lbs. Being a .223 caliber, the recoil is pretty small. It's not a true automatic weapon. Handling one - or bouncing to others once empty - would not be super physically taxing. 

As for muzzle flashes - any one conversant with this style of weapon knows they have a flash suppressor. It is designed to lessen that muzzle flash and help control muzzler ise at the same time. Speaking from experience as an Infantryman who has been on a "2 way rifle range" - muzzle flashes are actually hard to see in urban terrain.  All he would need to do is stand back from the window a couple of feet and it would almost impossible to see unless your looking straight on.

As for the room being so full of smoke and powder - well - if you read the reports, that's what gave his position away. The smoke alarm in the room went off. 

As for the number of weapons in his room - remember he had checked in 3 days before.  Plenty of time to make multiple trips. I also  understand he checked in with  10 pieces of luggage - which is not uncommon in Las Vegas. Probably never would have raised an eyebrow. 

The whole gambling and money thing - may have been a factor - but he had the money. He owne 2 airplanes, for heavens sake. Tells you what kind of pocketbook he was working with.

II'm not condoning what happened - we can all agree it was a tragedy. I'm just trying to show the conspiracy people that with a little - very little- planninge he could have pulled this off. 

I would tend to agree about the shooter's ability if he were firing an AR15.

What DOES kick my butt, anyone else ever played around with an M60?

I  know what they changed  basic training after I went through, as they ended the jungle stuff, and 1/2 of the obstacle course, but crawling under M60 live fire was  standard far, as well as qualifying with one  for day and night firing.

How many jams did you get?

I don't remember, but there were a few, one was so bad I kept the round.

The casing was crushed to less than 50% of the original diameter,just past the first offset from the primer.

We were pretty impressed the round didn't explode.

I'm pretty sure everyone had to at least try to qualify, it was how machine gunners  are born.

I had a problem from the beginning with the number of shots, I doubt there was one shot one hit, it was night, and even if the shooter was using a 60mm aperture or better scope, at that rate of fire there is no "aiming".

You point in the general direction, then do your count for trigger timing, and watch the tracers to verify where the darn bullets went. 

Fine, he obviously didn't need tracers or the count, but there is no way in hell he was able to scope anything.

Which means if he  wounded 500, and killed 56? he would have been stupid lucky to hole even a 50 or 60% hit, we were what, 20% on a good day?

Unless theres records of him buying lots and lot of bullets, and spending a LOT  of time practicing, odds are he was barely hanging on to the damn thing, because it automatically fired at the end of the recoil path, which meant it was a SOB to hang onto.

Aside from the lady who went inside and started telling people they were all going to die that night, 20 minutes before the shooting, we can just chalk her up to being a nut case.

She was probably a democrat, I think that's mandatory for them, isn't it?

There is one other " problem" with the government and media's narrative.

Someone was recording the shooting.

i'll post the clip if I can, there was a shooter at the 4th floor.

You can see the muzzle flashes.

The gov is officially busted fake story reporting.

There's a room service receipt from the 27th, one day before they said he checked in.

It was for room service, for the shooter and someone else.

There was two entries, and two guests listed.

Why would the government lie about that?

Maybe they didn't "lie", rather, they made incomplete conclusions in their rush the deflect blame from Islam, migrants, or refugees.

Looking at the video below, you will see very distinct muzzle flashes, coming from the middle of the hotel, very close to the ground, 5th floor, not the 32nd, where the shooter was, and never left, electing to put a bullet in his own head just before police gain access to his room.

Why would they lie?

I honestly do not know, but you just can't ignore the video below, it looks like there was a 2nd shooter.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, divemaster5734 said:

i'll post the clip if I can, there was a shooter at the 4th floor.

You can see the muzzle flashes.

Thank You, DiveMaster5734, for the video and narrative!

I would like to humbly ask to view the clip again and look two partitions to the left one floor up and one floor down. Also on the far left partition, look up about two thirds of the way. There appears to be one in the first partition to the left and at about the first guest room floor, too. Although much fainter, there appear to be muzzle flashes that do not have the same longer rate of flicker interval like the one pointed out but there are short breaks in the flashes (look like constant lights). Due to the resolution of the video, this may be something else like a reflection of a blinking light in the distance. Kinda makes me think of the German WWII MG-42 nicknamed Hitler's Buzz Saw that fired around 1,200 rounds a minute (20 rounds a second) and had a range of nominally 1,100 yards. I suspect much better barrel cooling/technology is available today with a higher rate of fire and the other flashes may be super buzz saws we don't know about.

Just thinking out loud.

My opinion is there were multiple unconscionable derelicts, potentially from multiple locations, firing on innocent Americans wounding and killing them.

On 10/8/2017 at 6:12 PM, Sage449 said:

I don't own a hand gun, with Feinstein's latest diatribe, I'm considering it. 

Get you something you are comfortable caring, go the the range often and practice....S&W 9MM Shield, Ruger LCP or a S&W 638 Airweight 5 round revolver....Just get used to Every Day Carry and not like some think I might be going somewhere bad.......Bad stuff happens everyday and you really don't get to pick and chose....The BG does.

Now having a Handgun in LV wouldn't have done you any good as to the distance as well as shooting vertical....You could have or would have if you happened to live in NV. NV has a short list of Reciprocal Carry States of CCW and Utah isn't one of them .

I also found this interesting and I thinking there was more going on in LV than we will ever know.

Just saying, something is going on and crap is amiss....What we are being feed by the media is not the Truth. While I would doubt the military or government would have some source to pull something like this off......You just have to ask who would do such an act and set up by whom, for what purpose and what was the reward....Quite a few will come to mind if you thnk about it.......

Karsten

• Upvote 2

George H W Bush said he did not remember when he was November 22 1963 and later a picture of him surfaced with him standing in front of the book depository building in Dallas:

JFK-photo-GEORGE-H-W-BUSH-at-TSBD-1-218x300.jpg

The goberment has been bad for sometime now...

http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/did-george-h-w-bush-witness-jfk-assassination/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sage449 said:

Hey Karsten,  thx. I need something without a lot of kick. My hands aren't as strong as used to be. 

Sage, I will tell you a little secret.....Don't let it out but I also carry a .22 Mag NAA Pug.......Just 5 rounds but hey what BG wants to take just one and come back for more. Small, light, grip covers the trigger.....I have seen a 40 Grn Bullet do plenty of damage.

T5iRBB.jpg

Damn shame what this country has gone to.........Ya all be safe out there, we have some rough times coming.

Karsten

• Upvote 1

Sage,

Grip open and ready to fire.....Ya just have 5 rounds but you only have to make three hurt.......The rest will run these days.

psFcmS.jpg

Not good for more than 3 or 4 yards  but will make someone stop while you get another round off.

.22 LF or .22 Mag in hand is a hell of a lot better than the .44 Magnum your other half left home in the safe.

Just sayin and I will leave this here.

Karsten

• Upvote 1