Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

easyrider

**Financial situation tables for cbi**

I call BS on that one. How can the total assets amount be exactly the same as total liabilities. That is a faked spread sheet IMO. KTFA are a bunch of snakes. I'm not sure what they hope to gain from this Shiite bit it could not possibly be correct. 1.92 trillion in foreign currency reserves, IQD values. Total BS. CBI foreign currency reserves around 49 billion USD. That roughly 54 trillion dinar. Those numbers aren't adding up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

not quite sure myself what it means was hoping someone knew more than i do about financial tables and i find it weird they use the word revaluation on their spreadsheet for current year.

3 minutes ago, DinarDavo said:

I just googled it and came up with this....appears to be a standard accounting practice of entities that deal in multiple currencies:

http://www.reportsyouneed.com/blog/understanding-currency-accounting-revaluation-and-translation

Exactly. Thank you

Edited by gregp
  • Upvote 2

Thanks DD and the rest of you.  If that DID come from KTFA or TNT crew, their followers are easily dazzled by BS. On another note....my wife "helps" me balance our accounts by keeping things at zero. Makes the calculator obsolete, she says. Thanks honey !!  :lol:

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, King Bean said:

Thanks DD and the rest of you.  If that DID come from KTFA or TNT crew, their followers are easily dazzled by BS. On another note....my wife "helps" me balance our accounts by keeping things at zero. Makes the calculator obsolete, she says. Thanks honey !!  :lol:

no more luigi here..last i saw it in iqdcall chatroom but with other name  :D

4 hours ago, mr.unlikely said:

I call BS on that one. How can the total assets amount be exactly the same as total liabilities. That is a faked spread sheet IMO. KTFA are a bunch of snakes. I'm not sure what they hope to gain from this Shiite bit it could not possibly be correct. 1.92 trillion in foreign currency reserves, IQD values. Total BS. CBI foreign currency reserves around 49 billion USD. That roughly 54 trillion dinar. Those numbers aren't adding up.

Totally agree with you mr. unlikely 

This are not the CBI real number... If they give us the real number we can calculate the dinar real value.

Go truth

Go  facts 

Go CBI 

Go new monetary policy 

Go RV

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Totally agree with you mr. unlikely 

This are not the CBI real number... If they give us the real number we can calculate the dinar real value.

Go truth

Go  facts 

Go CBI 

Go new monetary policy 

Go RV

That is exactly what I was thinking when I pulled up the link.  Let's calculate the value.  

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

That is exactly what I was thinking when I pulled up the link.  Let's calculate the value.  

You got it Bro.!:twothumbs:

55 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Good idea!  Wish I was good in math.

Who's good at this stuff?   Please help.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/revaluation.asp

Revaluation

What is a 'Revaluation'

A revaluation is a calculated upward adjustment to a country's official exchange rate relative to a chosen baseline; the baseline can be anything from wage rates to the price of gold to a foreign currency. In a fixed exchange rate regime, only a decision by a country's government, such as its central bank, can alter the official value of the currency.

Revaluation is contrasted by devaluation, which is a downward adjustment.

BREAKING DOWN 'Revaluation'

Revaluations occur on a regular basis, marked by the observable fluctuations in the foreign currency market and associated exchange rates.

Example of Currency Revaluation

Say a government has set 10 units of its currency equal to $1 in U.S. currency. To revalue, the government might change the rate to five units per dollar. This results in its currency being twice as expensive when compared to U.S. dollars than it was previously. Before the Chinese government revalued the yuan, it was pegged to the U.S. dollar. After revaluation, It was pegged to a basket of world currencies.

Currency Revaluation and Asset Revaluation

Revaluations affect not just the currency being examined but can also affect the valuation of assets held by foreign companies in that particular currency. Since a revaluation has the potential to change the exchange rate between two countries and their respective currencies, the book values of foreign-held assets may have to be adjusted to reflect the impact of the change in the exchange rate.

For example, if the aforementioned currency revaluation occurred, any assets held by a U.S. company in the foreign economy need to be revalued. If the asset, held in foreign currency, was previously valued at $100,000 based on the old exchange rate, the revaluation would require its value to be changed to $200,000. This change reflects the new value of the foreign asset, in the home currency, by adjusting for the revaluation of the currency involved.

Global Events and Revaluation

Currency revaluation can be triggered by a variety of events. Some of the more common causes include changes in the interest rates between various countries and large-scale events that affect the overall profitability, or competitiveness, of an economy. Changes in leadership can also cause fluctuations, as they may signal a change in a particular market’s stability.

Speculative demand can also impact the value of a currency. For example, in 2016, prior to the vote determining if Britain would remain part of the European Union, speculation caused fluctuations in the value of multiple currencies, including the U.S. dollar and the Chinese yuan. Since it was not yet known whether Britain would remain, any action taken because of the possibility was considered speculative in nature.

Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I still love it because in my own little mind I tripled the assets because they lie about everything. Also

they are the richest country in the world and even more so when they empty the pockets of the crooks.

Like I said it do's not take much to amuse myself.  Thanks a bunch everyone !!!  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, nannab said:

I still love it because in my own little mind I tripled the assets because they lie about everything. Also

they are the richest country in the world and even more so when they empty the pockets of the crooks.

Like I said it do's not take much to amuse myself.  Thanks a bunch everyone !!!  :twothumbs:

Here you go my friend !!

Image result for door stopper gif

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

Image result for cat playing with doorstop gif

:shakehead:   :shakehead:   :shakehead:

WAY TOO FUNNY, SnowGlobe7!!!

Thank You For Posting!!! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

Image result for cat playing with doorstop gif

Yup that would be me in my other life.  Or my rescue fat cranky old lady Bella now. Too funny :lol:

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, nannab said:

....it doesn't take much to amuse myself.  Thanks a bunch everyone !!!  :twothumbs:

Check this one, Nannab. I showed this trick to Luigi...........and he's STILL stuck. :lol:

FunnyOpticalillusions18.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By melrich73
      Hello everyone,
      I was just inquiring as to whether or not more people are using online currency exchange and transfer, or if visiting your local bank is still the norm. I am going to be travelling later this year and will require a large amount of foreign currency. I was going to use this website but if anyone can suggest a different site I'm open to suggestions. What I have noticed is that by exchanging foreign currency online it looks like I can save about 2% on the exchange rate. Please let me know if there are any other good foreign exchange sites to check out.
      Thanks,
      Mel
    • By CrossleyC
      Greetings All,

At present we have 5,000,000,000 Dinars available for sale in 25Bills, the three horses, the most wanted!

Interested parties email: modernconnoisseur@gmail.com

Serious inquires only

Regards
      C.Crossley
    • By UNEEK
      For your reading pleasure & contemplation  * Enjoy *   UNEEK

Iron Rules of Money  By Morgan Housel 
      8 Financial Rules That Apply To Everyone And Their Money
      No matter who you are, how much you earn, or how you invest, a few truths apply to you and your money.

1. Spending money to show people how much money you have is the surest way to have less money.

Singer Rihanna earns tens of millions of dollars, but found herself "effectively bankrupt" in 2009. She sued her financial adviser for not doing his job.

He offered a legendary response: "Was it really necessary to tell her that if you spend money on things you will end up with the things and not the money?"
      The first iron rule of money is that wealth is the stuff you don't see. It's the cars not purchased, the clothes not bought, the jewelry forgone. Money buys things, but wealth -- assets such as cash, stocks, bonds, in the bank, unspent -- buys freedom and security. Pick which one you want wisely.
      2. Wealth is completely relative.
      According to World Bank economist Branko Milanovic, "the poorest [5%] of Americans are better off than more than two-thirds of the world population." Furthermore, "only about 3% of the Indian population have incomes higher than the bottom (the very poorest) U.S. percentile." And those figures are adjusted for differences in cost of living.
      The easiest way to judge how well you're doing is to compare yourself to people around you. The curse of living in the United States is that most people are doing well, so your own success looks ordinary. If you want to feel rich, look at the 90% of the world that isn't American or European. You'll realize that feeling rich is just a mental game.
      3. The goal of investing isn't to minimize boredom, it's to maximize returns.
      Successful investing is pretty boring. Its main requirement is patience and inaction. Most people demand more excitement, so they tweak, fiddle, and adjust their investments as much as necessary to destroy as much of their wealth as possible. If you want to do better than average at anything, you must do something that most people can't. In investing, that means putting up with perpetual boredom. It's a serious skill.

4. The only way to build wealth is to have a gap between your ego and your income. 
      Getting rich has little to do with your income and everything to do with your savings rate. And your savings rate is just the difference between your ego and your income. Keep the former in check and you should be fine over time.
      5. The most valuable asset you can have is a strong propensity to not care what others think.
      Most people are bad with money, so being good means doing things differently than they do. You won't spend as much. You'll invest differently. You'll grow wealth slower. This can make you look like a fool in the short run. But who cares what others think? They're probably idiots.
      As Charlie Munger put it, "Someone will always be getting richer faster than you. This is not a tragedy." Not only is it not a tragedy, but it's a necessity. The ability to not care what other people think about what you're doing is mandatory in achieving abnormal results.
      6. Spend more time studying failures than successes.
      You can learn more about money from the person who went bankrupt with a subprime mortgage than you can from Warren Buffett. That's because it's easier and more common to be stupid than it is to be brilliant, so you should spend more effort trying to avoid bad decisions than making good ones.
      Economist Eric Falkenstein summed this up well: "In expert tennis, 80% of the points are won, while in amateur tennis, 80% are lost. The same is true for wrestling, chess, and investing: Beginners should focus on avoiding mistakes, experts on making great moves."
      7. People are flawed, so a lot of stuff makes no sense.
      As James Grant put it, "To suppose that the value of a stock is determined purely by a corporation's earnings is to forget that people have burned witches, gone to war on a whim, risen to the defense of Joseph Stalin, and believed Orson Welles when he told them over the radio that the Martians had landed."
      8. Anything can happen at any time for any reason.
      You might be laid off next week. You can be sued tomorrow. Or win the lottery. Maybe you'll get cancer. Or a huge promotion. Stocks can rally for twice as long as you think and crash twice as fast as you assumed. History is one d***** thing after another, most of it involves money, and there's nothing you can do about it.
       Read more: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/09/26/iron-rules-of-money.aspx#ixzz3EexuXGe6
    • By UNEEK
      Miser v. Stunna: A Case Study  By Jabulani Leffall

Ever considered where you are on the consumer/financial PH chart? 

Meet Gene Burd. He is an eccentric old journalism professor at the University of Texas at Austin. I call the septuagenarian scholar eccentric because he's rich. If he were poor he would just be weird. 

This is a man who according to campus legend and local news reports never married, holds his hand over his mouth when he talks so as not to waste that valuable oxygen.

He has no ride and walks seven miles per day to work. He lives in a flat so small if he did the splits his heels would be hanging out of his front and back door. He finds kicks in the trash, cleans them up and rocks them to school. He collects pennies to pay his phone bill.

Funny, because he's not keen on using the phone. Yet he has amassed a fortune on a teacher's salary because he's extremely cheap.

He was then able to donate a cool $1 million to an educational foundation. You can’t argue that his methods, however uncanny, garnered results. Sick disciplined genius or fiscal pathology?

Now meet Brian "Baby" Williams, known professionally as "Birdman," known para-professionally as the "#1 Stunna." He's the founder and CEO of New Orleans-based Cash Money Records.

In his latest poetic opus, he quips, "I got a hundred million dollars and I come from the ghetto!" In a passage from another one of his songs, he says that he leaves the sticker on the Bentley to "show off the price" and makes sure his arm is out of the window so he can floss his "ice."

He spent $2 million on a necklace. Sick price of fame or fiscal pathology?

We all fall somewhere in between the extremes of these two gentleman but often exhibit both traits, albeit on a smaller scale.

The most important thing in money management is not financial wit, business savvy or even mathematical prowess. It is attitude.

Ask yourself what your thoughts, feelings, prejudices, inclinations and tendencies are around moolah. 

If you can answer the question honestly, then you can save hundreds or perhaps thousands everyday -- especially in your initial consultation with whatever funds guru you're counting on to help you get your life together.

Sadly, many of us can't answer these questions honestly because we live in a society of instant gratification, a modern realm where we're told we have to have things, where people stand in line overnight not to get paid but to pay for the new, new thing.

The dishonesty lies at the intersection of our choice pendulum.

We convince ourselves we need -- "I need an iPhone so I can e-mail my cat from the train and then I'll just have one topless dance at the strip club instead of a full nude, gotta save some money." -- a good or service.

Or we bargain with ourselves -- "I'll get this bottle of Patron tonight for all the fellas and the ladiezzzzzz, but next week I'm at the crib chillin, not spending any money. I swear."

Worst of all, we chastise ourselves -- "I'm not being unreasonable, I deserve this $1,500 spa weekend on the island of Tu Dahmuche, I never get time off!"

Worst still, when things get tight, when confidence dissipates, when we grimace looking at our bank statements, our pendulum swings entirely the other way. All of a sudden we tell ourselves that we're staying home for eternity. 

Some start collecting Hot Sauce, Soy Sauce and Ketchup packets. Others buy one big whole chicken, chop it up and put it in a stew so they can piecemeal for a fortnight.  (fourth?)

Wowww people, you don't have to do that.

There is a logical range of frugality that you and you alone must consider. At one end is the self-rationalizing spend thrift and manic consumer. At the other is the miser, the cheap weirdo.

You should take lessons from both and try to be practical.

http://www.wisebread.com/miser-v-stunna-a-case-study

• By UNEEK
      3 Good Reasons to Give Financial Gifts By Miranda Marquit

Do you enjoying giving financial gifts?

When we think of savvy finances, we rarely think that giving money away is the smartest thing to do. After all, shouldn’t you be using that money for something else – like building wealth?

The reality, though, is that well-rounded finances include an aspect of giving. And, believe it or not, giving your money away can be good for your pocketbook.

1. Giving Forces You to Get Your Finances in Order
      One of the consequences of prioritizing your charitable efforts is that it forces you to get your own finances in order. If you want to be able to help your loved ones, pay your tithing, or give to a cause you believe in, you need to be financial stable. If you make giving a priority, chances are that you will need to look at your income and expenses, and acknowledge your cash flow situation.

Just as you need to plan in order to meet goals like funding a retirement, buying a house, paying down debt, and saving for your child’s college, you need to plan if you want to become involved in charitable giving. If giving really is important to you, you’ll create a spending plan that allows you to meet your charity goals.

2. Giving Makes You Happy
      It’s hard to make the right spending choices when your judgment is affected by negative emotions. Few of us are truly happy with the way we use our money. That can change, however, if you decide to give. Studies indicate that spending money on others can make us happier than spending money on ourselves.

So, if you want to improve how you feel about your finances, you can try getting them in order and giving to others. When you take some of your money and spend it on others, you’ll feel more satisfied with the way you are using your financial resources. Your life will be happier, and you are likely to make decisions based on positive emotions.

3. Giving Has a Way of Coming Back to You
      One of the great things about giving is that it has a way of coming back to you. For the religious, giving has the potential to open up blessings. Many major world religions include the concept of giving.

If you are a believer, then chances are you have blessings coming your way when you give. You might not always receive great worldly riches, but many religious believers feel as though their needs are met when they take the effort to give generously.

You don’t have to be religious to feel the benefits of giving, however. Many of those who don’t ascribe to religious beliefs feel amply repaid when they give. The positive mindset that results in giving often leads to other benefits. When you are in a giving mindset, there is a good chance that you are in a place where you recognize opportunities and are prepared to grasp them.

The organization required in having the resources to give often means that you are on your toes, looking for the right networking and career chances that can lead to improved finances.

Bottom Line
      While you don’t want to give away money that you can’t afford to part with, there is no reason to hoard your cash. You can improve the world through the application of your financial resources, and you can also improve your own life.
      Giving money away can help you boost your finances, improve your quality of life, and open your eyes to opportunities.
      What do you think? Have you seen benefits from giving money away?

http://cashmoneylife.com/good-reasons-to-give-financial-gifts/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.