Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer request friends!

RodandStaff

Hey Rod,  Just to let you know that Im thinking of you. Prayed hard that everything went smoothly and that you were calm and at peace with the whole ordeal.

Now is when the fun part begins.....RECOVERY ......:macarena:you'll be doing that soon (dancing).

Big hug to you

:hug:

MIT

Edited by millionaire in training
  • Upvote 3

On 27/9/2017 at 10:15 AM, RodandStaff said:

Sandfly Y'all!  The Doc said I may stand a chance at only a partial knee replacement...he won't know for sure till he opens the hood to check!  I'm heading in shortly for pre-op...surgery @7:30 am est.  Thanks gang...your the best!  No cell phones in hospital so I'll post in a couple of days with update!

Big ( huge) brotherly hug from Italy......

• Upvote 1

Sandfly gang...from the bottom of my heart!  The Doc opened up my knee and said a partial knee replacement would do it!  So the bottom line...the recovery time could take nearly as long as a full replacement but it should have a more natural feel to it! 

They had me walking the halls the day of surgery and doing physical therapy the next day!  I'm sure it's the pain meds but pray I don't overdo it cause I'm prone to that!  Thanks again gang...all of you are much appreciated! :blush:

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, RodandStaff said:

Sandfly gang...from the bottom of my heart!  The Doc opened up my knee and said a partial knee replacement would do it!  So the bottom line...the recovery time could take nearly as long as a full replacement but it should have a more natural feel to it! 

They had me walking the halls the day of surgery and doing physical therapy the next day!  I'm sure it's the pain meds but pray I don't overdo it cause I'm prone to that!  Thanks again gang...all of you are much appreciated! :blush:

Good to hear you got through surgery ok.  Hopefully you weren't running 🏃 laps during the Packer game and got to enjoy it. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Great news, Rod.....still, it's extra nice to have that "Staff" for support system" rel="">support, eh.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

Lol...you got me bro!!!  Actually I graduated from a walker to a cane in Physical Therapy today....not bad for only 48 hrs.!  I'm trying to find that balance of work and rest...wait... that sounds like the same struggle I've had in my head for the last 35+yrs.! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 6

Sayin' goodbye to Baltimore!  9 day trip coming to a close.  Dr. says everything looks great...I'm sure my secret weapon (aka DVer's thoughts and prayers) was the biggest part.  😉 Now I just have to stick to the physical therapy and learn the balance of not pushin' too hard!  I'm hoping I can turn around in 2-3 months and get the second knee done. 

Once again "Sandfly" for all y'all's support...if there is one thing I have learned...it's we need one another!  Luv Y'all!!! :blush:

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, RodandStaff said:

Sayin' goodbye to Baltimore!  9 day trip coming to a close.  Dr. says everything looks great...I'm sure my secret weapon (aka DVer's thoughts and prayers) was the biggest part.  😉 Now I just have to stick to the physical therapy and learn the balance of not pushin' too hard!  I'm hoping I can turn around in 2-3 months and get the second knee done. 

Once again "Sandfly" for all y'all's support system" rel="">support...if there is one thing I have learned...it's we need one another!  Luv Y'all!!! :blush:

The number one component of a solid rehab......good  hygiene.  Don't forget to keep showering, Stinky.  :D

GO RV, then BV  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

The number one component of a solid rehab......good  hygiene.  Don't forget to keep showering, Stinky.  :D

GO RV, then BV  

What?  You no like my new nick name ..."El Stinko"? :rolleyes: I'm amazed my daughter survived the week!:blush:(She volunteered to be my caregiver and is driving me home).  She deserves the metal...if it's possible she made the week "fun"! She got me out every day and we saw some cool sites and ate lots of good food! :angel: She's my angel! :blush:

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, RodandStaff said:

What?  You no like my new nick name ..."El Stinko"? :rolleyes: I'm amazed my daughter survived the week!:blush:(She volunteered to be my caregiver and is driving me home).  She deserves the metal...if it's possible she made the week "fun"! She got me out every day and we saw some cool sites and ate lots of good food! :angel: She's my angel! :blush:

You're lucky  to have her....Then again....You do deserve her for sure

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, RodandStaff said:

That's great.  She sounds fantastic.  Remember to pace yourself, my friend....baby steps.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1