Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dear NFL

Dear NFL

We will not support millionaire ingrates who hate

America and disrespect our Armed Forces and Veterans

Who wins a football game has ZERO impact on our lives

Who fights and defends our nation has Every impact on our lives

We Stand with the Heroes,

Not a bunch of rich ,entitled ,arrogant,ungrateful,anti American degenerates.

Signed We The People

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

• Like 4
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Indraman said:

They have every right to take a knee. The owners and NFL/NBA have every right to fire their Ar$$ and send them packing. The fans of these great sports have every right to boycott and send these teams, players and owners into financial distress. 

Let the games begin... 

Indy 

Let the games begin....hit them where it hurts, their pocket books.  Their disrespect towards all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country is shameful on their part.  JMO

The owners should think twice before jumping into the political arena... it just may sting a bit when the fans start dropping like flies.  I think we patriots should do just that and let them know that we do not stand for this disrespectful action.  An action I feel they have no clue why they are kneeling.

You think that the Blacks are the only one being treated wrong.  I don't think so, if everyone thought like them with a hateful grudge towards another race,  or occupation, we would all be kneeling.  We love this nation, we don't disrespect those who stood and fought for this country. 

They should not turn this on President Trump or those who support our nation,   they are not the cause of this divide, their ignorance is the culprit. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

I think it is an error to believe that everyone who takes a knee is

disrespecting their country and should not be labeled as such.

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/west-virginia-v.-barnette-the-freedom-to-not-pledge-allegiance

Jim, I think it's quite clear to all that everyone has the Constitutional right to not pledge, or to not stand for the National Anthem... so, the linked article is quite moot to the conversation, as it simply provides for legalities...

In the context of this NFL (and similar) situation... it seems that millions upon millions of other citizens DO respect the National Anthem and the flag, while a mere handful DO NOT... and can't even articulate why.  That's just shallow and weak.  I, for one, respectfully ask... "WHAT exactly are you protesting?"  While the anthem and flag represents the history of, and the many thousands of great things about America... how is it that seemingly ONE "issue" (of which hasn't been respectfully, honestly, or courageously presented) can diminish the honor of what the anthem/flag represents?   I'm sure I speak for the many millions, when I say... "It can't".

These protesters need to find a legitimate spokesperson and venue... then, perhaps the conversation will have more genuine meaning, especially in context to Constitutional rights and freedom... and less in the veil of manufactured Social Justice and Entitlement issues.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Donald, the full fledged POLITICIAN, took a page right out of the D.C. handbook.  He is attacking the NFL and NBA only to change the narrative from his 3rd failing attempt at an Obamacare Repeal and Replace.  Trump Groupie Fish Food.  

Sports franchise owners don't tell Trump how to run his personal business.....he has no right to tell them how to run theirs....borderline ethics violation, simply Trump being Trump.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

A 97-year-old World War II veteran from Missouri has kneeled in support of protesting NFL players, saying the athletes “have every right to protest.”

The picture of John Middlemas on one knee and supporting the athletes has become a viral social media sensation.

The vet’s photo was taken and posted with the #TakeAKnee hashtag by his grandson, Brennan Gilmore, who quoted his 97-year-old grandfather saying, “Those kids have every right to protest.”

Middlemas has long fought for social justice, supported the civil rights movement and working alongside black servicemen when in the military, the Springfield News-Leader reported.

"I wanted to communicate what I always told to my grandkids and everybody else," Middlemas told the publication about his support for the athletes. "When they'd go to bed at night, we'd tell the kids we wanted to be like Jesus."

“I'm trying to say that you have to love everybody," he added. “We don't kill people. We want to make people live."

The controversy over athletes taking a knee has reached its peak on Sunday following President Trump’s attacks on those kneeling during the national anthem.

“If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL, or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem,” Trump tweeted Saturday.

“If not, YOU'RE FIRED. Find something else to do!” he added.

On Sunday, the president doubled-down on the issue, tweeting: “If NFL fans refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our Flag & Country, you will see change take place fast. Fire or suspend!

“NFL attendance and ratings are WAY DOWN. Boring games yes, but many stay away because they love our country. League should back U.S.”

Veterans and family members of U.S. servicemen who support the movement said they are acting out of love to the country.

“My hand was over my heart because I love this country and I have family members, including my father, who bled for this country, and who continue to serve,” Bruce Maxwell, Oakland A’s rookie catcher and the first MLB player to take a knee during the anthem, told the San Francisco Chronicle on Sunday.

“I am and forever will be an American citizen and grateful to be here, but my kneeling is what's getting the attention, and I'm kneeling for the people who don't have a voice.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/25/ww2-veteran-97-kneels-in-support-protesting-athletes.html

It is sad that with everything going on in America, this is the big story. Our country is sinking in debt, our education system is one of the worst in the world, we spend over 50% of our budget on the war machine, we turn our back on the senior citizens who build our nation, we allow our government to legislate what we do in our bedrooms, we allow the government to take away our guns, we spend on tax dollars building nations and neglecting our own infrastructure, and this BS is the lead story on the news. Wake up America, you are being conned by a group of professional con artists...

B/A

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Donald Trump unloaded on the National Football League on Saturday night in Alabama.

In a single three-minute stretch of a longer speech, Trump encouraged NFL team owners to fire “son of a *****” NFL players who kneel during the national anthem (“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a ***** off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!'”); mocked the NFL for declining TV ratings and said the cause is himself (“NFL ratings are down massively… The number one reason happens to be that they like watching what’s happening with yours truly”); ridiculed NFL referees, whom he says are calling too many penalties for hard hits (“They’re ruining the game”); and urged fans to walk out of NFL games if players protest during the anthem (“If you see it, even if it’s one player, leave the stadium. I guarantee things will stop”).

But the president’s hostility toward the NFL dates back to 1986, a fact many American sports fans have forgotten over the years.

Trump bought a USFL team, then sued the NFL

The United States Football League (USFL) launched in 1983 as a fledgling, 12-team pro league that played in spring and summer, as opposed to the NFL, which played in fall and winter. It did not originally intend to compete directly with the NFL.

Until Trump came into the picture.

In 1983, after the USFL’s inaugural season, a number of wealthy business people bought franchises, expanding it from 12 to 18 teams. Trump was among them — he purchased the New Jersey Generals from Oklahoma oil-and-gas executive J. Walter Duncan for a reported $9 million (Trump has since said that he only paid $5 million). Trump spent a lot on recruiting stars like Doug Flutie to make the Generals better and tried (but failed) to woo NFL coach Don Shula with an offer of $1 million per year.

And then Trump led a group of owners in suing the NFL. The idea was to move the USFL to the fall in order to compete with the NFL and, ideally, force a merger. But the NFL had all the big television contracts wrapped up. So the USFL sued the NFL for anti-trust, seeking $1.7 billion.

Trump and the other USFL owners won on the merits. But the jury awarded them just $1. The costly lawsuit killed the USFL, which was already financially stretched and didn’t have the audience to justify the costs. The league never held a fourth season.

Trump has repeatedly used the NFL as a political tool

Since then, Trump has repeatedly targeted the NFL on social media — beginning long before he was a presidential candidate.

In 2013, Trump tweeted that the NFL banning helmet-to-helmet contact (an attempt to cut down on concussions) was “the beginning of the end.”

Later that year, he criticized President Barack Obama for giving an opinion on the Redskins name controversy. Trump said, “Our country has far bigger problems… focus on them,” an ironic criticism given the amount of time that Trump, as president, has now devoted to discussing the NFL.

In 2014, he questioned the NFL’s tax exemption status and then mocked the league for a television ratings dip after he tried (and failed) to buy the Buffalo Bills.

Again and again, seemingly with no inciting event each time, Trump has mocked the NFL and argued that the game has gotten worse. In 2014, he said, “I’m getting totally bored watching NFL football” and called the game “too soft.”

Fast forward to his time as a candidate, then Republican nominee, and then president: He has continued to verbally target the NFL as a way to foment outrage from his supporters.

In October 2016, at a campaign rally before the general election, Trump brought up NFL ratings and boasted that he was part of the reason for their decline: “I don’t know if you know, but the NFL is way down in their ratings. Way down… You know why? Two reasons. Number one is, this politics they’re finding is a rougher game than football, and more exciting. Honestly, we’ve taken a lot of people away from the NFL. And the other reason is Kaepernick.”

And now he is turning NFL player protests into a political talking point. (He is also making political hay out of the NBA, uninviting the entire Golden State Warriors team to the White House and blaming Stephen Curry.) NFL owners across the league responded with statements, and players responded by kneeling on Sunday or linking arms, but Trump, amidst these demonstrations, doubled down, tweeting, “Standing with locked arms is good, kneeling is not acceptable. Bad ratings!”

What is clear is that Trump is not likely to let up on the NFL any time soon. So, expect the 2017 football season to be at the center of an ongoing national political discussion

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Are you pissed off at the NFL players who are disrespecting our flag and anthem? Are you planning to protest the NFL to show your disgust? Here's what you need to do. Call all your friends who agree with you. Then make a plan to get together in a public place at a designated time. Call your local media, national media maybe even ESPN and FOX Sports and tell them you are having a fan event. At this event you and your friends are going to show your support for our country and protest the NFL by burning everything you own that is NFL related. Your jerseys, hats, autographed pictures, footballs, your Super Bowl ticket stubs and anything else you own with an NFL team logo. Tell them you are going to turn off the games, or not going to any future games. That you stand in solidarity as Americans...

If you are not willing to sacrifice personal attachments to the league, then you are not seriously pissed off and need to just shut up about it. If you are serious, and actually make this showing of solidarity, the world will take notice.

B/A

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

You were going good with your post...until the your last paragraph took a turn for the worst:o

People will do whatever they like to satisfied their disgust with these player, owners and NFL, some will, gather, some will disgard material items in any fashion they wish, some will contact the appropriate parties, some will not attend games, however means they chose to show their support for our flag, our anthem, then so be it.  BA, for you to suggest that people aren't pissed of enough because they don't show solidarity at an event and then again suggest to shut up about, just sound ignorant are your part.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, patrickgold said:

You were going good with your post...until the your last paragraph took a turn for the worst:o

People will do whatever they like to satisfied their disgust with these player, owners and NFL, some will, gather, some will disgard material items in any fashion they wish, some will contact the appropriate parties, some will not attend games, however means they chose to show their support system">support for our flag, our anthem, then so be it.  BA, for you to suggest that people aren't pissed of enough because they don't show solidarity at an event and then again suggest to shut up about, just sound ignorant are your part.  

Sorry dude, I suggested nothing I asked a question... Personally I'm a huge Patriot fan, but I will not be watching nor would I go to a game. I'm not a big collector of memorabilia, but the one hat and t-shirt I own were thrown in the garbage yesterday when I turned the game on and saw the BS before me... I think everyone has the right to protest whatever they want, but not when they are on the clock being paid to do a job... If my employees want to be political activist that is great, I will support them and donate to their cause if I agree with them, but I'm not paying them to be political or social activists, and when they are on my time they are paid to work. If they want to take the day off, I'm fine with that too... That's their decision, but like any business my clients are paying for a service, and their expected service they will receive without interruption...

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Ain't it funny that employees get fired from their jobs all the time for posts and tweets they do on-line; simply because as an employee they represent their company. I guess the NFL owners/Billionaires do not want to deal with the disrespect to our nation so they joined in.

Really sad.

Not only am I NOT watching the NFL this season, I will not be watching any Golden State Warriors games in the NBA.

There is a difference between protesting racism and strife in our society and disrespecting the nation. This generation does not see or acknowledge the price paid by our vets and the country to allow them the liberties of protesting. Freedom has never been and will never be - free. Someone pays a price!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

NFL gets billions in subsidies from U.S. taxpayers

If you're a U.S. taxpayer then you're subsidizing the wildly profitable National Football League, regardless of whether you're a fan.

The NFL is the most profitable pro sports league in the U.S., raking in an estimated $1 billion in profits on $10.5 billion in revenue last season, figures that are sure to increase this year.

Those massive profits are made possible in part by the billions of taxpayer dollars that local governments spend on teams, coupled with tax breaks worth hundreds of millions for the teams, the league, their sponsors and fans.

"I've been studying this for 15 years, and I still can not believe cities and states are lined up begging to give money to these very profitable [teams]," said Villanova professor Rick Eckstein, an expert on stadium finance.

Here's a rundown:

Stadium construction: Twenty new NFL stadiums have opened since 1997 with the help of $4.7 billion in taxpayer funds, according to an analysis by the advisory firm Conventions, Sports and Leisure. Local governments pony up to build these venues to attract or keep teams in their towns.

Two more stadiums now under construction in Minneapolis and Atlanta are being built with $700 million in government funds.

Taxpayers paid for most of the University of Phoenix Stadium, which opened in 2006 and is home to this Sunday's Super Bowl -- to the tune of about $300 million.

Teams even get tax breaks on the money they actually do spend on construction. Most of that spending is financed with tax free municipal bonds, which were originally created by Congress to help fund roads and schools.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/30/news/companies/nfl-taxpayers/index.html

11 hours ago, bigwave said:

proxy?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs%2Etwimg%2Ecom%2Fmedia%2FDKiPzFVXcAAnrgt%2Ejpg&container=focus

If this is the guiding principle behind the NFL / anthem controversy, it would be up to the owners and the NFL to iron out the issue. It's a policy....not a mandate. Much like `casual Friday' is a policy. Policies change with time due to new circumstances that come to light. Usually a dialogue about the situation handles the violation. As the current policy suggests, fines, suspensions, etc are viable consequences of the violation. Adjusting the policy is also a  viable solution. Somehow, this got escalated to a major issue that required Presidential intervention in a business policy. That is a shame since he has so many real issues to deal with right now. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, adhoc10 said:

If this is the guiding principle behind the NFL / anthem controversy, it would be up to the owners and the NFL to iron out the issue. It's a policy....not a mandate. Much like `casual Friday' is a policy. Policies change with time due to new circumstances that come to light. Usually a dialogue about the situation handles the violation. As the current policy suggests, fines, suspensions, etc are viable consequences of the violation. Adjusting the policy is also a  viable solution. Somehow, this got escalated to a major issue that required Presidential intervention in a business policy. That is a shame since he has so many real issues to deal with right now. 

I'll have to disagree with you, adhoc.  Unless either of us know otherwise, if it's in the Rulebook, as written with a Rule Number (A62-63), I'd say it definitely comes across as a Mandated Enforceable Rule.  Of course, yes, infractions could be negotiated, as they always seem to be in Professional Sports.  But this is far from a Casual Friday interpretation... otherwise it would have been written as "Suggested" behavior...

I agree that it is up to the NFL and owners, as private entities, to iron out their difficulties... and of course, is much reliant upon the court of public opinion AND the Free Market consequences!

As far as the President... there was no "required" intervention.  He simply injected his personal viewpoint.  And probably to the approval of most of the citizenry of this country... as many truly feel it IS a real issue to address as a societal ill.  No shame there.

Edited by Jaxinjersey
  • Upvote 3

On 9/25/2017 at 12:49 PM, bostonangler said:

Sorry dude, I suggested nothing I asked a question... Personally I'm a huge Patriot fan, but I will not be watching nor would I go to a game. I'm not a big collector of memorabilia, but the one hat and t-shirt I own were thrown in the garbage yesterday when I turned the game on and saw the BS before me... I think everyone has the right to protest whatever they want, but not when they are on the clock being paid to do a job... If my employees want to be political activist that is great, I will support system" rel="">support them and donate to their cause if I agree with them, but I'm not paying them to be political or social activists, and when they are on my time they are paid to work. If they want to take the day off, I'm fine with that too... That's their decision, but like any business my clients are paying for a service, and their expected service they will receive without interruption...

B/A

B/A, +1

Indy 

• 2 weeks later...