Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rush Limbaugh Says Hurricane Irma Is Conspiracy, Evacuates Anyway

U.S.

Rush Limbaugh Says Hurricane Irma Is Conspiracy, Evacuates Anyway

HuffPost Jenna Amatulli,HuffPost 4 hours ago
  •  
94bceca6e058e7732180dff3e0bf3264

Rush Limbaugh spent the first part of this week acting as a Hurricane Irma truther, but now it seems he’s taking cover. 

On Thursday, the conservative radio host announced on his show that he’d be evacuating South Florida, where he lives, and would be off the air for the next couple of days. This comes mere days after he lambasted media stations for their coverage and storm preparers for battening down their hatches. 

“May as well announce this: I’m not going to get into details because of the security nature of things, but it turns out that we will not be able to do the program here tomorrow,” Limbaugh said on his Thursday broadcast.

“We’ll be on the air next week, folks, from parts unknown... Tomorrow will be problematic. Legally impossible for us to originate the program out of here.”

Limbaugh has long been hell-bent on saying hurricanes and storms like it are part of a liberal conspiracy solely aimed at furthering the discussion on climate change, but his claims about Irma in his Tuesday broadcast sent many over the edge.  

Limbaugh ranted on air, “Here comes a hurricane, local media goes on the air, ‘Big hurricane coming, oh, my God! Make sure you got batteries. Make sure you got water. It could be the worst ever. Have you seen the size of this baby? It’s already a Cat 5. Oh, my God, oh, my God, it’s bigger than the island of Haiti. Oh, my God.’ People run to the stores, they stock up everything, and they hoard. And they end up with vacant stores, nothing there. And it’s a big success. TV stations got eyeballs, the advertising businesses have sold out of business, gotta restock and the cycle repeats.”

He also said that “all you need is to create the fear and panic accompanied by talk that climate change is causing hurricanes to become more frequent and bigger and more dangerous, and you create the panic, and it’s mission accomplished, agenda advanced.”

In addition to announcing his relocating to “parts unknown,” Limbaugh still doubled down on his statements from earlier in the week.

“The views expressed by the host of this program documented to be almost always right 99.8 percent of the time,” he said. “There is a reason for that because we engage in a relentless and unstoppable pursuit of the truth and we find and proclaim it and that happens to drive people crazy.”

The devastation of Hurricane Irma is expected to be even more catastrophic than that of 1992′s monster storm Hurricane Andrew.

Whack job

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

B/A you really shouldn't have a signature as Whack job, because people will take you serious at one point. 

Isn't that how your liberal  government works in creating chaos, panic situations no matter what big event is happening .  See if they don't push the climate change agenda, they make no money $$$, and aren't you against money making agency's...Al Gore. 

Rush Limbaugh was for getting people out of harms way, the media wanted to twist it to their agenda of conspiracy, climate change.  Once again you fell for another twisted author. 

• Upvote 3

Someone please point out for me (us) what Rush said was inaccurate!  Thanks!

Oh... and what anything he said, has anything to do with getting out of harm's way... 

Oh, and where he said he was going to evacuate...

Oh, dang... the list of questions just keeps growing....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

23 hours ago, pattyangel said:

B/A you really shouldn't have a signature as Whack job, because people will take you serious at one point. 

Wait,:lmao: I thought she was serious. :lmao:

7 hours ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Someone please point out for me (us) what Rush said was inaccurate!  Thanks!

Oh... and what anything he said, has anything to do with getting out of harm's way... 

Oh, and where he said he was going to evacuate...

Oh, dang... the list of questions just keeps growing....

You forget my good man, when dealing with a liberal remember the Golden Rule

DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL

Otherwise you're gonna get a BIG BIG BIG headache:lol: 

Al Roker Uncorks False Charge That Rush Limbaugh Said Irma Was 'Fake,' Not 'Dangerous'

By Tim Graham | September 7, 2017 11:25 AM EDT

The liberal media lashed into Rush Limbaugh over a Tuesday monologue about hurricanes and the media. He lamented how even the weather has been corrupted and politicized by the media as a way to promote panic over “climate change.”

“All you need is to create the fear and panic accompanied by talk that climate change is causing hurricanes to become more frequent and bigger and more dangerous, and you create the panic, and it’s mission accomplished, agenda advanced.”

The most prominent critic was NBC weatherman Al Roker -- a champion at climate change panic -- who drew headlines by harshly attacking Limbaugh on Twitter:

rokerush-1.jpg?itok=hcl9xqTv

rokerush2.jpg?itok=_0CkT-Mv

Neither of these tweets stand up to an actual reading of the Tuesday Limbaugh transcript. Read it. Nowhere did Limbaugh say Hurricane Irma was "fake" or "not a dangerous storm." He never told anyone to "ignore" the forecasts. No one should expect the liberals at PolitiFact/PunditFact to award Roker with a big "FALSE" on the "Truth-o-Meter." But he deserves one. 

As for the "profit" part, Limbaugh also drew media ire for suggesting the local media and local advertisers profit from driving panic about an incoming storm: "the TV stations begin reporting this and the panic begins to increase. And then people end up going to various stores to stock up on water and whatever they might need for home repairs and batteries and all this that they’re advised to get, and a vicious circle is created. You have these various retail outlets who spend a lot of advertising dollars with the local media."

Limbaugh told listeners that you can't find any bottled water in his Palm Beach area, days before an accurate storm track. He talked about his experience of living in Florida since 1997 and he wasn't just talking about Irma, or Harvey, but about both the storm forecasts that are real, and those that turned out to be overhyped, because the hurricane track moved or the storm weakened.

But the media always take offense when someone says they profit from tragedy. Broadcasting before a hurricane or a snowstorm is a public service....and it naturally causes a big ratings increase. It naturally also causes a run on the stores for supplies. All of that is true. It's just....insensitive to suggest anyone consciously benefits from tragedy -- or the fear of tragedy. As the old Don Henley song "Dirty Laundry" implied, the media thrive daily on the worst news...because it's much more interesting than planes landing safely on time. 

The Left certainly accused the major media of putting profit ahead of stopping the election of President Trump. Was that a bizarre conspiracy theory, that the media's dramatic and heavy coverage of Trump meant profit came ahead of public service?

On Wednesday's show, Limbaugh shot back at "Al Joker" and at Washington Post blogger Callum Borchers, who wrote under the fake-news headline “Rush Limbaugh’s Dangerous Suggestion that Hurricane Irma Is Fake News.”

Now, any of you listening to this program 24 hours ago, did I ever say the hurricane wasn’t there? Did I ever say it wasn’t a big storm? Did I ever call it fake news? I didn’t do any of that. I’m convinced Borchers didn’t even listen. He may have read a transcript out of context from a reporting site or whatever. All I did was tell you how the world works....

I did not say anything yesterday that was untrue. Nor did I tell people not to worry, nor did I tell people not to be concerned, nor did I say that the hurricane is fake news, and I didn’t say the Deep State is steering it. They did! The left had people saying that George W. Bush wanted Hurricane Katrina to ravage Louisiana to rid it of Democrats. They do these things. So that’s that.

Liberals who are outraged about charges of "fake news" really ought to be more careful about their facts than Roker and Borchers. When Limbaugh defenders shot back that Rush was right in his general critique, Roker tweeted back with an emotional appeal, which liberals often do when they're challenged on the facts: 

rokerush3.jpg?itok=vh44Di9-

• Upvote 1