Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Raised in America, now back in Mexico: 'The country I loved kicked me out'

umbertino

Young Mexicans speak out about what they lost by leaving the US before Daca, what they gained, and what faces those who may now lose their protection

Amanda Holpuch in Oaxaca City, Mexico

Wednesday 6 September 2017 11.00 BST

6000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=d2e3f97660871d58fec61bf3c68528f8
Etziba Alvarez, whose family is split between the US and Mexico, moved from Florida back to Mexico. Her two youngest brothers are US citizens.
Photograph: Maggie Loredo

More pics in link

Edited by umbertino
  • Downvote 1

There had years to file the paper work, learn English, pass a test and Swear Allegiance to the United States of American and they all failed miserably at all of it. They received Section 8 Housing, Welfare, food Stamps, Health Care, In State or Free Tuition.....and guess who is paying for it  all the while filling Jobs they have no right too.

What are you getting out of it?

Better yet....Why aren't we taking care of Our Wounded and Homeless Vets, Our Homeless Children....Why should "so Called dreamers " (most of which)  who could care less about this Country, our Values, Our History and Culture......

Just try do do this in Mexico as an Illegal American Citizen and see where that gets you.

Karsten

Edited by Karsten
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I wonder what the native Americans said when we all showed up???

B/A

Ugggh...  You induce so many questions!!!  What do you mean?  What do native Americans have to do with this?  Are you comparing some sort of issue equivalence again?  Your statement makes no sense... I guess, until you explain it! LOL  Let's discuss it... instead of "quipping" it out of context!!!

Edited by Jaxinjersey
  • Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Ugggh...  You induce so many questions!!!  What do you mean?  What do native Americans have to do with this?  Are you comparing some sort of issue equivalence again?  Your statement makes no sense... I guess, until you explain it! LOL  Let's discuss it... instead of "quipping" it out of context!!!

You know you are always so combative... Our ancestors came here as illegal aliens. The native Americans were here first. This was their land and we took from them. We didn't share with them, we destroyed them...

B/A

• Downvote 3

11 hours ago, Whatshername said:

1+1+1ninetymileshF1gc1s3sc51o1_500.jpg

Yup our flag is the only flag that should be raised in America. The Irish shouldn't raise their flag on St. Patrick's Day. The Italians shouldn't raise their flag on Columbus Day. And so on and so on. And most importantly our flag shouldn't be decimated as you have done in your little meme.

And yet we have a culture in parts of America who wave the Confederate flag... A symbol of raising arms against Old Glory... People argue about the meaning of the Bars and Stars. I don't see it as much a racist thing as a treason thing. Those people went to war against America. Whatever the reason is secondary to me compared to the basic fact they were traders. Should that part of history be in museums? Of course. Should we hold those people up as heroes? Ahhh I don't see it...

B/A

• Downvote 3

15 hours ago, Karsten said:

There had years to file the paper work, learn English, pass a test and Swear Allegiance to the United States of American and they all failed miserably at all of it. They received Section 8 Housing, Welfare, food Stamps, Health Care, In State or Free Tuition.....and guess who is paying for it  all the while filling Jobs they have no right too.

What are you getting out of it?

Better yet....Why aren't we taking care of Our Wounded and Homeless Vets, Our Homeless Children....Why should "so Called dreamers " (most of which)  who could care less about this Country, our Values, Our History and Culture......

Just try do do this in Mexico as an Illegal American Citizen and see where that gets you.

Karsten

Agreed, we need to care for our own, first priority!!! 

The sad part is, is that all these dreamers are listening to the power control representatives, and have no clue they are being suppressed.  Yeah keep listening to the law breakers of the United States Constituiton and see where it gets you.  It's about time we have a leader, President Trump standing up to this corruption. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

You know you are always so combative... Our ancestors came here as illegal aliens. The native Americans were here first. This was their land and we took from them. We didn't share with them, we destroyed them...

B/A

Asking for clarity is combative?  It's your post, not mine... your responsibility, not mine... your accountability, not mine.

So, you've answered my question about native Americans... thank you.  You could have simply posted what you meant in your first post, instead of assuming everyone knows your meaning.  

But, maybe this is why you didn't... you didn't think it through and go deep enough...

Our ancestors could not have possibly come to America "illegally"... there was no legal grounds or formation to do so.  No one owned this land... and certainly not the natives... as they don't even believe in land ownership.  There was no governmental entity... no laws... but simply ongoing "territorial" grabs and continual border disputes, until claims were formalized and legally recognized by other countries... after battles and wars!  This was going on in ALL newly discovered parts of the world... 

Even native Americans migrated here at one time in history, from other parts of the continent... AND, the tribes battled each other... even when Europeans were here.  

The world evolves... through the spread of civil society.  Either the native Americans participate, or their culture diminishes... their choice.

B/A... I'm a bit surprised at your perspective on this, as I thought you were an evolved, freedom loving capitalist business owner.  if you have so much guilt toward being an American, or even a perceived "illegal alien", as you've qualified yourself... why are you living in America, enjoying the spoils of your ancestors?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Asking for clarity is combative?  It's your post, not mine... your responsibility, not mine... your accountability, not mine.

So, you've answered my question about native Americans... thank you.  You could have simply posted what you meant in your first post, instead of assuming everyone knows your meaning.  

But, maybe this is why you didn't... you didn't think it through and go deep enough...

Our ancestors could not have possibly come to America "illegally"... there was no legal grounds or formation to do so.  No one owned this land... and certainly not the natives... as they don't even believe in land ownership.  There was no governmental entity... no laws... but simply ongoing "territorial" grabs and continual border disputes, until claims were formalized and legally recognized by other countries... after battles and wars!  This was going on in ALL newly discovered parts of the world... 

Even native Americans migrated here at one time in history, from other parts of the continent... AND, the tribes battled each other... even when Europeans were here.  

The world evolves... through the spread of civil society.  Either the native Americans participate, or their culture diminishes... their choice.

B/A... I'm a bit surprised at your perspective on this, as I thought you were an evolved, freedom loving capitalist business owner.  if you have so much guilt toward being an American, or even a perceived "illegal alien", as you've qualified yourself... why are you living in America, enjoying the spoils of your ancestors?

Such clarity Jax,  if she doesn't get it, she's in a deep hole of denial. 

• Upvote 1