Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Let's talk about Harvey...

Morning DV!

I figured I'd do a quick "Announcement", for a couple of things.

1. I've been seeing a lot of posts asking why members aren't getting "weekly updates".

Please note that I do not send "weekly" or even any "scheduled" emails. I do a weekly

"update" in the Chat Logs forum, but I do not send out emails about them unless there

is something urgent or very very exciting.

You can find my most recent update here (30 August 2017), and simply check back in

that section on Wednesday afternoons to read my latest weekly update.

If you have any questions you want me to address in the upcoming updates, post them
in the weekly "Questions" thread. The current thread for the next scheduled update is located here.

:twothumbs: 

2. I'm sure you've heard about the insane amount of damage done

by Hurricane Harvey. At this time, DinarVets.com is officially supporting

the Salvation Army as our preferred charity organization, due to their lean

operation costs and concentrated efforts.

For the next 3 days (ending Tuesday, September 5), 100% of new VIP purchases

will be donated to the Salvation Army to help the relief efforts due to #Harvey.

Click here to join VIP and support the Salvation Army as they help out down there!

Alternatively, just head over to the Salvation Army website and chip in whatever

you can. Many are in need and many will appreciate it!

That's it for now! Enjoy the holiday weekend if you have one, stay safe out there,

thanks in advance for helping out with the #Harvey mess, and of course... 

GOOO RRRRVVVVVV!!!!!

P.S. If anyone has suggestions for other organizations, feel free to comment 

below.

:tiphat: 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 11

3 minutes ago, Adam Montana said:

2. I'm sure you've heard about the insane amount of damage done

by Hurricane Harvey. At this time, DinarVets.com is officially supporting

the Salvation Army as our preferred charity organization, due to their lean

operation costs and concentrated efforts.

I really love you so much, you're a good man and forever in my strongest of prayers. Santa :praying:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

American Red Cross local shelter here in Austin  got $160 of groceries from me the weekend of the storm and $ to the organization via a simple text app donation tool.  

I also appreciate the work that Michael Dell and his wife have pledged to do. If you donate NOW through the end of the holiday weekend , they will match your donation 2 to 1 $.  I donated $25 that was turned into $75 instantly.

Lastly , I feel for the poor pets displaced from coastal shelters.  Austin Pets Alive took in 2500 or more and is at capacity.  They are accepting donations online.  And we have decided to adopt a playmate for our 1 yo puppy Junior.  We are adopting from foster care, and then the foster parents will take another to house train, etc. We looked at one cute boy yesterday, and another tonight before we decide.

Just a snapshot of one experience.  There are many many ways to help.  Do some research online and try to do your part. We can all spare a bit for our neighbors in need.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for mentioning the Salvation Army! We had been thinking about choosing it. They do an outstanding job and you are correct- low overhead is key. Some charities pay their CEO in excess of $ one million, plus expenses....that does not melt our butter, particularly when the need is so great.

More prayers for Houston and also for those in the path of Irma, wherever that may be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I haven't posted anything in a very long time and what follows doesn't have a direct bearing on the topic, but I thought that everyone would appreciate a good chuckle to offset the heaviness of the current events in Houston. My daughters, through their employers, are involved in collecting needed items for our fellow countrymen, and my wife and I are sorting through our possessions and also shopping for items to contribute. Someone emailed me this and I share it with you in the hope that you feel a moment of lightheartedness (if that is indeed a word).  By the way, I currently live in Atlanta, previously lived in L.A. and Miami, and I do crossword puzzles, so I can appreciate the humor.

A little newspaper humor

1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they run the country.

3. The New York Times is read by people who think they should run the country, and who are very good at crossword puzzles.

4. The USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but don't really understand The New York Times.

5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country, if they could find the time and if they didn't have to leave Southern California to do it.

6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country.

7. The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't too sure who's running the country and don't really care as long as they can get a seat on the train

8. The New York Post is read by people who don't care who is running the country as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.

9. The Chicago Tribune is read by people who are in prison, who used to run the state, and would like to do so again, as would their constituents who are currently free on bail.

10. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country, but need the baseball scores.

11. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure if there is a country or that anyone is running it; but if so, they oppose all that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the leaders are ***, handicapped, minority, feminist, atheists, and those who also happen to be illegal aliens from any other country or galaxy, provided of course, that they are not Republicans.

12. The National Enquirer is read by people trapped in line at the grocery store.

13. The Seattle Times is read by people who have recently caught a fish and need something to wrap it in.

14. The Atlanta Journal Constitution is read by people who love their country, city, and coupons.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, larryk43 said:

I haven't posted anything in a very long time and what follows doesn't have a direct bearing on the topic, but I thought that everyone would appreciate a good chuckle to offset the heaviness of the current events in Houston. My daughters, through their employers, are involved in collecting needed items for our fellow countrymen, and my wife and I are sorting through our possessions and also shopping for items to contribute. Someone emailed me this and I share it with you in the hope that you feel a moment of lightheartedness (if that is indeed a word).  By the way, I currently live in Atlanta, previously lived in L.A. and Miami, and I do crossword puzzles, so I can appreciate the humor.

A little newspaper humor

1. The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

2. The Washington Post is read by people who think they run the country.

3. The New York Times is read by people who think they should run the country, and who are very good at crossword puzzles.

4. The USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but don't really understand The New York Times.

5. The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country, if they could find the time and if they didn't have to leave Southern California to do it.

6. The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country.

7. The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't too sure who's running the country and don't really care as long as they can get a seat on the train

8. The New York Post is read by people who don't care who is running the country as long as they do something really scandalous, preferably while intoxicated.

9. The Chicago Tribune is read by people who are in prison, who used to run the state, and would like to do so again, as would their constituents who are currently free on bail.

10. The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country, but need the baseball scores.

11. The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure if there is a country or that anyone is running it; but if so, they oppose all that they stand for. There are occasional exceptions if the leaders are ***, handicapped, minority, feminist, atheists, and those who also happen to be illegal aliens from any other country or galaxy, provided of course, that they are not Republicans.

12. The National Enquirer is read by people trapped in line at the grocery store.

13. The Seattle Times is read by people who have recently caught a fish and need something to wrap it in.

14. The Atlanta Journal Constitution is read by people who love their country, city, and coupons.

😂😂😂 Thanks!

• Like 1

Mrs. 429 and I (well, actually the Mrs.) made a donation through our local Salvation Army Service Center on Friday. If you write "Hurricane Harvey" on the memo line, that's all it will get used for. Period.

Our particular denomination is collecting money for disasters throughout the US and quite probably our money would have gone to Harvey relief, but we wanted to be specific.

God Bless you and yours Mr. Montana.

• Upvote 3