Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 30 August 2017

Adam Montana

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, paperboy said:

Markinsa - I couldn't agree with you more.   I understand where SALT-LIFE is coming from, but at the same time, I'll have to agree with Adam.   If they were told to get out & didn't, shame on them.   If they weren't told to get out & got caught off guard, that's a little different store.  But, it's time to get past the emotional feelings & dig in, get busy.   Adam probably worked harder on the Dominica project that we had ongoing than did everyone else put together (unless there were some of you that were working behind the scenes hand's on that we don't know about_.     I know there were several on DV that made very large donations, but Adam was the one putting it all together, getting it loaded up & making the trip personally to Dominica to make sure everything was handled the way we thought it would.   So kudo's to you, Adam!    We're behind you all the way.

rodandstaff - I agree with you on Salvation Army!   But it Walmart is matching 2X's, then that's probably the route to take with this one.     

I am typing this from a local supermarket since we have no power and haven't since last Tuesday night late.  Only yesterday got enough water pressure that we can now take a shower.  One small addition with more coming later.  The mayor of Houston did not order a mandatory evacuation.  Knowing the risks involved with millioins of people heading out onto the highways even 2 days in advance, and remembering the problems with Rita in 05, he chose not to order to evacuate.  Only after the flooding and then the release of more water from the dams did he order people to evacuate.  Again, I will have more to say on this later when I have power in my home, which will hopefully be Thursday.  We had no flooding damage, just the loss of power and water.  So we are very blessed.  The generosity of our neighbors has been absolutely amazing.  More on that later as well.

• Upvote 5

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:16 PM, TexasMike1958 said:

I am typing this from a local supermarket since we have no power and haven't since last Tuesday night late.  Only yesterday got enough water pressure that we can now take a shower.  One small addition with more coming later.  The mayor of Houston did not order a mandatory evacuation.  Knowing the risks involved with millioins of people heading out onto the highways even 2 days in advance, and remembering the problems with Rita in 05, he chose not to order to evacuate.  Only after the flooding and then the release of more water from the dams did he order people to evacuate.  Again, I will have more to say on this later when I have power in my home, which will hopefully be Thursday.  We had no flooding damage, just the loss of power and water.  So we are very blessed.  The generosity of our neighbors has been absolutely amazing.  More on that later as well.

After 8 days and 2 and one half hours (2:08 a.m. this morning), we finally have power.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 9/1/2017 at 8:58 AM, salt-life said:

First let me say this I live 90 miles from Houston and drive an hour and half each way to work there daily. I've been through both Hurricane Rita in 2

Buy an RV and live in it for a whIle as your home is getting repaired IMO. I haul RVS for a living and a San Antonio Dealership just ordered 900 and places down there are just screaming and hollering for them now. My hubbies cousin lives in one with her family full time in Fort Worth and she loves it. 

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 1

We were going to deliver our campers to Corpus Christi that week but our sewer line was damaged in our home so we had ins. but still had to pay the deductible to get it fixed but as it was getting fixed Harvey went from a tropical storm to a hurricane so fast. Once we got our sewer line fixed we drove down to Corpus but had to go around Harvey because it was still in Houston and it was underwater so we went through Dallas and San Antonio. Delivered one to San Antonio too plus 2 RVS and 6 cases of water to the EPA and Emergency crews in Corpus. Should have brought more but didn't know how much was needed. Donated money too. I hope everyone is doing better this week and like I said if it was me I'd buy an RV to stay in because they have everything a person needs while everything is getting fixed back up. Usually they are around $1,000 a foot. So a 20 foot RV is usually around $20,000 give or take a few. Then once your home is fixed up, keep it or sell it. Have a great day everyone!

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 2

Looks like bad news for Dominica.......from what I see the eye wall of Maria will soon hit the NE quadrant of the island....

Say a prayer for the good people on the Island !!!

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/carb/flash-rb.html

when at the link.........zoom in for a better idea on the path.....

OOPPs ....thought this was a Dominica thread.........but anyhow.......maybe someone will read it.....

Edited by coorslite21
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, coorslite21 said:

Looks like bad news for Dominica.......from what I see the eye wall of Maria will soon hit the NE quadrant of the island....

Say a prayer for the good people on the Island !!!

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/carb/flash-rb.html

when at the link.........zoom in for a better idea on the path.....

OOPPs ....thought this was a Dominica thread.........but anyhow.......maybe someone will read it.....

I see it is now a CAT 5      sustained winds ....160  mph........

cone graphic

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 9/2/2017 at 12:54 PM, salt-life said:

Adam Montana August 30, 2017.........."I can’t say that I have much sympathy for anyone that refused to evacuate"

Spoken like a true politician...with no regret or apology to the statement starting this thread...... But instead, now lets help all those people that didn't evacuate!!?? Being here in the position I'm in at ground zero, an apology to us here in Texas would mean more at this point. TEXAS is strong we WILL PREVAIL!!!

regards,

SALT-LIFE

Seriously? Get the chip off your shoulder, put your big boy pants on and do what needs to be done. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

On 9/27/2017 at 6:47 PM, usndiver said:

Hugo, Charley and Irma. 

HECK yeah........And just for you I'll throw in two special ones with matching pink bows from RITA and IKE. Send pictures, you'll look great wearing them!!. Can't wait to see them!! SERIOUSLY!!! 

Edited by salt-life