Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 30 August 2017

Adam Montana

Adam Montana August 30, 2017.........."I can’t say that I have much sympathy for anyone that refused to evacuate"

Spoken like a true politician...with no regret or apology to the statement starting this thread...... But instead, now lets help all those people that didn't evacuate!!?? Being here in the position I'm in at ground zero, an apology to us here in Texas would mean more at this point. TEXAS is strong we WILL PREVAIL!!!

regards,

SALT-LIFE

Edited by salt-life

Markinsa - I couldn't agree with you more.   I understand where SALT-LIFE is coming from, but at the same time, I'll have to agree with Adam.   If they were told to get out & didn't, shame on them.   If they weren't told to get out & got caught off guard, that's a little different store.  But, it's time to get past the emotional feelings & dig in, get busy.   Adam probably worked harder on the Dominica project that we had ongoing than did everyone else put together (unless there were some of you that were working behind the scenes hand's on that we don't know about_.     I know there were several on DV that made very large donations, but Adam was the one putting it all together, getting it loaded up & making the trip personally to Dominica to make sure everything was handled the way we thought it would.   So kudo's to you, Adam!    We're behind you all the way.

rodandstaff - I agree with you on Salvation Army!   But it Walmart is matching 2X's, then that's probably the route to take with this one.     

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Does anyone have proper link to walmart matching site? I went to walmart.com and all I found was the Red Cross..... I don't want to donate to them. Would prefer to go direct with walmart

Join Walmart in supporting the American Red Cross

You can still help people affected by Hurricane Harvey by making a donation today to American Red Cross relief efforts. Thanks to the generosity of customers, Walmart has announced that the maximum matching contribution from Walmart has been reached. However, we are encouraging you to continue to give to help those impacted by Hurricane Harvey.

https://www.redcross.org/donate/cm/walmart-pub

31 minutes ago, paperboy said:

Markinsa - I couldn't agree with you more.   I understand where SALT-LIFE is coming from, but at the same time, I'll have to agree with Adam.   If they were told to get out & didn't, shame on them.   If they weren't told to get out & got caught off guard, that's a little different store.  But, it's time to get past the emotional feelings & dig in, get busy.   Adam probably worked harder on the Dominica project that we had ongoing than did everyone else put together (unless there were some of you that were working behind the scenes hand's on that we don't know about_.     I know there were several on DV that made very large donations, but Adam was the one putting it all together, getting it loaded up & making the trip personally to Dominica to make sure everything was handled the way we thought it would.   So kudo's to you, Adam!    We're behind you all the way.

rodandstaff - I agree with you on Salvation Army!   But it Walmart is matching 2X's, then that's probably the route to take with this one.     

I'd also like to add, that we all pick where we want to live.  I don't live in California because I don't like earthquakes, I don't live in the Mid West because I don't like Tornados, I don't live on the coast because I don't like Hurricanes, I don't live in Hawaii anymore because I don't want to be trapped on an Island.  But every place we live, has some sort of inherent risk, so we all should be aware of those risks and take steps or be prepared when those risks become real.  We shouldn't have to rely on others for our own well being.  If you do, then who's fault is that?

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Thanks Markinsa.... I guess that's the only way then... just not a huge fan of the red cross... based on past issues with administrative costs associated with donations... want to make sure the maximum amount makes it to the victims 

Just to clarify, Walmart is no longer matching donations.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, salt-life said:

Adam Montana August 30, 2017.........."I can’t say that I have much sympathy for anyone that refused to evacuate"

Spoken like a true politician...with no regret or apology to the statement starting this thread...... But instead, now lets help all those people that didn't evacuate!!?? Being here in the position I'm in at ground zero, an apology to us here in Texas would mean more at this point. TEXAS is strong we WILL PREVAIL!!!

regards,

SALT-LIFE

Salt-Life I hope you are doing well (in spite of Harvey). I have no doubt things can be frustrating there for many people. I can imagine that if you have access to the news it may be angering you to hear from public officials in Texas that they are announcing that if you chose not to evacuate that you need to take care of things yourself or evacuate yourself. they will no longer be be bringing food and water to many people affected that did not leave.

You shared that you have been through several hurricanes (as have I). Staying is playing Russian roulette with nature. We make our decisions and live (or die) with/because of them.

I am not saying you can predict (or plan) for a 500 year flood. However the news I watch called for the possibility of a cat 3 and 30"+ of rain at least 72 hours prior to landfall.     

God Bless Texas! Real Texans will get through this. (Imagine when this happens in California)      

• Upvote 4

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-02/red-cross-admits-it-doesnt-know-how-hurricane-harvey-donation-money-spent#comments

I don't know if this is 100% accurate but at least causes one to pause and rethink where the best non profit with the least administration costs would be.... please be wise regarding your hard earned dollars so they get to the people who need them.... just FYI 

Since walmart is no longer matching 2X's any donations for the hurricane relief, I'll go back to recommending the Salvation Army.   They have very very little overhead compared to all other non-profits.   Their website to donate for the Houston Area is:   http://salvationarmyhouston.org/

And, there's also Houston's beloved J.J. Watt.       http://jjwfoundation.org/          

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, paperboy said:

No offense Paperboy...but the Salvation Army puts 93 % of donations back into the community.  Good on Walmart for it's 2X...but my wife was just in Walmart and those proceeds go to the Red Cross.  Only 6% of their money actually goes to relief...so you do the math brother...I'm going for the biggest bang for my buck every time!  Plus I know many of these folks...I may not always see eye to eye with their theology (but heck...I don't agree with my own self some times:rolleyes: ) but I will never question their motives...pure gold bro...pure gold!  And they get in the trenches and stay there till the job is done!!! ;)

Opps...Paperboy...I'm sorry, I didn't see your last post ... my bad! :blush:

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 3

Hey Adam you stated you don't like relying on the government. The vast majority of us that do have flood insurance is a government program. This covers water that rises into your house from the bottom. A lot of the time that doesn't even cover the total of your loss.  So even though a hurricane sits on top of your house and dumps almost 50" of rain, your screwed if you don't have flood insurance! See most insurance companies won't cover the loss do to water in your house unless it's under a wind storm policy. Water that enters the house from the force of wind should be filed as wind driven rain. Unfortunately you just can't escape the help of the government in time of crisis.

Hey Markinsa you quit being a "butthurt",  I don't give 2 cents about you or your comment as well. Jump in your Prius, come on down and help in the cleanup big boy since your so close and see how long it takes you to have 2 cents invested in the way I see it. Come drive me around in that cool Prius of yours, as my cars are flooded. You'll look cool driving around with the windows down, wind blowing through your hair while you get a good WHIFF of the area.  I'll loan you my bay boat so you can go see my house with 5 foot of water in it right now. Then you can help me clean it up when the water decides to recede. Yet, I'm still down here at my post with my local emergency management team helping others for 12-14 hour shifts. Come help my family clean up at the house we won't be living in for the rest of the year and well into next year. BTW, they aren't worried about anything, they are helping others at a local shelter. But hey I'm good, we WILL rebuild and see what the future brings. So there's 2 cents for ya bud ........but don't spend it ............ donate it! I'm out debating with the clueless!

Edited by salt-life
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

salt-life, you should quit while you're ahead. Demanding apologies - actually, demanding anything - isn't going to earn you any friends here. :twocents:

16 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Does anyone have proper link to walmart matching site? I went to walmart.com and all I found was the Red Cross..... I don't want to donate to them. Would prefer to go direct with walmart

Agreed. I'm leaning towards Salvation Army at the moment, so I'll figure out how to put a banner up for them until someone has a better idea.

:twothumbs:

9 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

My friend Cali won't see this kind of event happen to them.

They will ,however,  experience an earthquake surpassing 8 on the richter scale within the next 24 months. 

Bank on it. 

I don't know about that timeframe, but they will see an 8+ eventually. It's science. :shrug: 

Hopefully a huge chunk of the state breaks off and gives Nancy Pelosi her own island :lol: 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Adam Montana said:

salt-life, you should quit while you're ahead. Demanding apologies - actually, demanding anything - isn't going to earn you any friends here. :twocents:

Agreed. I'm leaning towards Salvation Army at the moment, so I'll figure out how to put a banner up for them until someone has a better idea.

:twothumbs:

I don't know about that timeframe, but they will see an 8+ eventually. It's science. :shrug: 

Hopefully a huge chunk of the state breaks off and gives Nancy Pelosi her own island :lol: 

It's just a strong gut feeling that I've had for a while. I'm not saying that God told me just that I used to live in Santa Rosa Ca. and I was there during the Loma Prieta earthquake on Oct. 17-1989 at 5:04 in the evening. I've always know since then that was only a precursor to a real nightmare. 

As far as faith is involved in my statement I like to say that when you live on the largest fault line in the world you probably shouldn't be constantly giving God the middle finger. Not the smartest move :lol:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, salt-life said:

Hey Markinsa you quit being a "butthurt",  I don't give 2 cents about you or your comment as well. Jump in your Prius, come on down and help in the cleanup big boy since your so close and see how long it takes you to have 2 cents invested in the way I see it. Come drive me around in that cool Prius of yours, as my cars are flooded. You'll look cool driving around with the windows down, wind blowing through your hair while you get a good WHIFF of the area.  I'll loan you my bay boat so you can go see my house with 5 foot of water in it right now. Then you can help me clean it up when the water decides to recede. Yet, I'm still down here at my post with my local emergency management team helping others for 12-14 hour shifts. Come help my family clean up at the house we won't be living in for the rest of the year and well into next year. BTW, they aren't worried about anything, they are helping others at a local shelter. But hey I'm good, we WILL rebuild and see what the future brings. So there's 2 cents for ya bud ........but don't spend it ............ donate it! I'm out debating with the clueless!

I am truly glad you and your family are ok and are able to help others.  I pray that you will receive the assistance that you need.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Thanks Markinsa....as I said we will see in the future and your right I have my family....material things can and will be replaced.

Adam.......friends here not needed.....after this thing pops I'll drop this site like molded wet sheet rock...........the word DINAR will be a dirty word you won't say in church. I mostly enjoy watching everyone jump watching for an HCL move....

Iraq: Letter of Intent, Memorandum of Economic and Financial Policies, and Technical Memorandum of Understanding
December 22, 2015

http://www.imf.org/External/NP/LOI/2015/IRQ/122215.pdf 

This says nothing about the HCL needing to be done......They have been following this document to the tee.....there's much more to this Swiss watch than the HCL to make Iraq tick! But we are indeed very close.

Edited by salt-life
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Adam, 

I am already a VIP and already donated (twice) through my church ...... which TOTALLY  goes to the Relief in Houston ( Red  Cross can't say this), but my point in this post is to ask if you can advise those that "donate "through your generous offer of new VIP members  how they can deduct this in any way. I think it is a great idea to help those in Harvey's path with your giving the new VIP monies to Salvation Army.... another great charitable organization/

salt-life   -   for some reason, you just won't let it go.   There's something going on within you that is making you a very angry person.   You may be down there helping out alot of people that desperately need it, but the anger is still coming out of your pores.     Just DROP IT!     You are acting like WE need you here.   Believe me, WE DON"T!     So move on with your life.    

• Upvote 4