Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anti-inflammatory drugs may lower heart attack risk, study finds

US scientists find heart attack survivors given canakinumab injections have fewer future heart attacks and lower cancer risk

James Rudd

Sunday 27 August 2017 10.00 BST

3500.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=c2719793dee7313f2ce921464854c336
Cancer deaths were also halved in those treated with canakinumab.
Photograph: Peter Byrne/PA

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/aug/27/anti-inflammatory-drugs-may-lower-heart-attack-risk-study-finds

I am a skeptic. I will never take statins. So much can be controlled by diet and exercise. We just had our annual wellness check. The doctor said if all of his patients were like us he would be out of business. Why? Because I have watched our diet like a hawk for the last 35 years. Consequently we have perfect fasting sugar (no chance of diabetes) levels, cholesterol levels excellent and so forth. The American diet is awful. No wonder we are something like the fattest and sickest on the planet. 

When the experts said butter and eggs were bad I just laughed and kept on eating plenty of eggs and butter. 

My darling husband is about to turn 81 and I am a proud 76. We will eat plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits, organic beef and chicken and pork and raw milk yogurt and cheese. Olive oil and coconut oil.  Avoid fast food, processed meats, sugar, colas, and excess starches. And, yes, cheat once in a while. Fried Chicken is a treat!

The only one in our family on any mess is our poor old arthritic dog.

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, MillieChatham said:

I am a skeptic. I will never take statins. So much can be controlled by diet and exercise. We just had our annual wellness check. The doctor said if all of his patients were like us he would be out of business. Why? Because I have watched our diet like a hawk for the last 35 years. Consequently we have perfect fasting sugar (no chance of diabetes) levels, cholesterol levels excellent and so forth. The American diet is awful. No wonder we are something like the fattest and sickest on the planet. 

When the experts said butter and eggs were bad I just laughed and kept on eating plenty of eggs and butter. 

My darling husband is about to turn 81 and I am a proud 76. We will eat plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits, organic beef and chicken and pork and raw milk yogurt and cheese. Olive oil and coconut oil.  Avoid fast food, processed meats, sugar, colas, and excess starches. And, yes, cheat once in a while. Fried Chicken is a treat!

The only one in our family on any mess is our poor old arthritic dog.

Millie, you are a wise woman. There is so much more to human health than western medical research has even scratched the surface of. I can attest that I would probably not be responding to this thread if I had followed normal medical protocols. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If you wan't an eye opener - use your favorite search engine and do a search on "Inflammation and disease"  You will find that inflammation is the root of most diseases in the body. 

Next - do the same with "inflammation and carbohydrates" - you will see the biggest inflammatory agents in our diet is sugar and white flour.  

One last one to look at - "Inflammation and glutathione" - guess what - it all boils down to oxidative stress!  Look back at some of the posts in the section to find out more about that - or feel free to ask me questions about it. One of my areas of study for quite a few years now. I'm not a medical professional - but I AM an excellent researcher and advocate for cellular health

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...