Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Senators launch bipartisan effort to ensure Trump cannot fire Mueller

In first bipartisan attempt to keep president in check amid Russia inquiry, two bills would take steps to prevent president from directly firing special counsel

Sabrina Siddiqui in Washington

Thursday 3 August 2017 22.24 BST

5000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=a5c9d53ff7b8f0bc0c09e92934241b50
Robert Mueller departs after a closed-door meeting with members of the Senate judiciary committee in June.
Photograph: J Scott Applewhite/AP

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/03/trump-robert-mueller-senate-russia-firing

If they spent as much effort working with the P.O.T.U.S. as they are against him they would have gotten all kinds of stuff done. But no. They

are to busy Covering Their A** and letting the swamp stay full. 

Edited by nstoolman1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ladyjane said:

If the potus would act as if he knew what he was doing on a daily basis instead of acting like an adolescent, bipartisan agents would not need to ride herd on him.

If you believe everything the media prints, I have some water-front property you might be interested in.

Media, the bias gaurdian, for petes sake will say anything to bring down the President.  He's trying to clear the swamp and his enemies will distort, deceive and yes ride him for his style of thoughts and words.  Bunch of cowardly tactics, very small minded, their strategy is a joke.  

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, pattyangel said:

If you believe everything the media prints, I have some water-front property you might be interested in.

Media, the bias gaurdian, for petes sake will say anything to bring down the President.  He's trying to clear the swamp and his enemies will distort, deceive and yes ride him for his style of thoughts and words.  Bunch of cowardly tactics, very small minded, their strategy is a joke.  

As opposed to the enabling, ego stroking, right wing rags.  :facepalm:

sean-hannity-donald-trump-QUIT-YOU-.jpeg

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

There are a few problems that have brought America to where it is today. First America turned its back on God and those that still think they believe in worship God don't even know what it is that they worship. Second America has raised several Generations that are literally so ignorant as to what the United States Constitution says that they are susceptible to fall for any lie or Missleading action. For example this article right here, does no one understand that such legislation is unconstitutional and illegal?

The Constitution of the United States of America lays out a specific methodology for doing what the Senate seems to think they can do now. It is not an easy task and it would require a two-thirds vote from the states. Not the senate or the Congress.

what the Congress is suggesting, is that they now possess the power to rewrite the Constitution. This is fast becoming a constitutional crisis and a direct attack on the American Constitution and the American government. What Trump needs to do is let them write their illegal legislation, then he needs to veto that illegal legislation. At which time I'm certain the  Senate , in their gross hatred of President Trump, will override his veto thus making an illegal act, legal law. Thus fulfilling their attempted coup and overthrow of the American government. At which time president Trump needs to take the military, declare martial law and arrest every single person that votes for this legislation on the grounds of treason. That is legal by the Constitution.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

There are a few problems that have brought America to where it is today. First America turned its back on God and those that still think they believe in worship God don't even know what it is that they worship. Second America has raised several Generations that are literally so ignorant as to what the United States Constitution says that they are susceptible to fall for any lie or Missleading action. For example this article right here, does no one understand that such legislation is unconstitutional and illegal?

The Constitution of the United States of America lays out a specific methodology for doing what the Senate seems to think they can do now. It is not an easy task and it would require a two-thirds vote from the states. Not the senate or the Congress.

what the Congress is suggesting, is that they now possess the power to rewrite the Constitution. This is fast becoming a constitutional crisis and a direct attack on the American Constitution and the American government. What Trump needs to do is let them write their illegal legislation, then he needs to veto that illegal legislation. At which time I'm certain the  Senate , in their gross hatred of President Trump, will override his veto thus making an illegal act, legal law. Thus fulfilling their attempted coup and overthrow of the American government. At which time president Trump needs to take the military, declare martial law and arrest every single person that votes for this legislation on the grounds of treason. That is legal by the Constitution.

Wait....why would a POTUS veto illegal legislation again......If it's "illegal", no veto would be required.  Vetoing would only legitimize said illegal legislation.   :blink: :wacko:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ladyjane said:

If the potus would act as if he knew what he was doing on a daily basis instead of acting like an adolescent, bipartisan agents would not need to ride herd on him.

Wow a voice of reason from out of the darkness... Yup he's president, time to start acting like it. Like the leaked phone call between him and the Mexican president. I felt a little sick reading the transcript and seeing our president beg... That was a bit undignified.

B/A

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

About half the people have discovered what a sham the DC political establishment is.  This is why trump was elected.....not because of the Russians or anything else.  The establishment and the media are working very hard to derail Trump and his movement away from the establishment.  I have hope that the people of America will be able to see what is happening clearly for themselves.  It is my understanding that there is a move being made to create a third party, a move that has started by a group of veterans who sacrificed for the country and would like to see it get back on track.  I understand that it is about 50-50 right now, veterans and non veterans and there are sufficient resources available for this group to make a difference in the 2018 elections.  These are citizens from the left and the right who are fed up.......we already know about half the country is fed up.....(that's why Trump was elected).......it won't take many more people joining up to change the politics in this country for the better.  You will be hearing more about all of this soon.......or just google it if you're curious....

Edited by coorslite21
wording

37 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Wait....why would a POTUS veto illegal legislation again......If it's "illegal", no veto would be required.  Vetoing would only legitimize said illegal legislation.   :blink: :wacko:

GO RV, then BV

Here is your answer

If two-thirds of all the members of Congress vote "yes," the bill can still become law. The bill dies when there are not enough votes to override the President. ... He may decide neither to sign nor veto a bill. If Congress is in session, the bill becomes law after ten days without the president's signature.

16 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Here is your answer

If two-thirds of all the members of Congress vote "yes," the bill can still become law. The bill dies when there are not enough votes to override the President. ... He may decide neither to sign nor veto a bill. If Congress is in session, the bill becomes law after ten days without the president's signature.

So then calling it illegal legislation is a misnomer.  Thanks for straightening that out for me, nstoolman.  

GO RV, then BV

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

Sorry, but I don't respond anymore to unmitigated ignorance. Especially from someone so bifurcated.

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2017 at 4:42 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Sorry, but I don't respond anymore to unmitigated ignorance. Especially from someone so bifurcated.

I notice you used that term twice recently....word of the day?  And thanks for not responding.....Wait, what?  :blink:  I enjoy my weekend and all hell breaks loose.  This must be the same reason why the "Generals" don't leave Trump without a babysitter.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Downvote 2