Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet

yota691

Editorial date: 2017/7/27 21:53 • 385 times read
Next Sunday .. Iraq launches a "promising project" for the Internet
[Ain-Baghdad] 
The Ministry of Communications announced its intention to launch the national Internet project in Iraq on Sunday.
"It plans to hold a press conference at its headquarters in Baghdad to launch the national Internet project in Iraq on Sunday," the ministry said in a statement on Thursday. 
The conference will discuss the key technological projects in Iraq, the stages of completion, the nature and conditions of achievement, with a full presentation of the promising returns of the project on the Iraqi economy and society, And how it will change the reality of the Internet and communications in Iraq radically. "
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

https://www.alghadpress.com/news/111348/Alghadpress......

Telecom plans to launch "National Internet Project" next Sunday

Telecom plans to launch "National Internet Project" next Sunday

10:45 - 27 July
Last updated
11:38 - 27 July 17
Watch

BAGHDAD / Al-Ghad Press: 
The Iraqi Ministry of Communications intends on Sunday 

Launch of the National Internet Project in Iraq. 
"It plans to hold a press conference at its headquarters in Baghdad to launch the national Internet project in Iraq on Sunday," the ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

"During the conference, senior officials from the ministry and the executive director of the National Internet Project in Iraq will speak," she said.  

She pointed out that "

Conference addresses

A detailed definition of the first and leading technological project in Iraq, and the stages of completion, and the nature and conditions of achievement, with full presentation of the benefits of this promising project on the Iraqi economy and society, and the mechanisms of work and direct distribution of services, and how it will change the reality of the Internet and communications in Iraq radically.
  • Upvote 2

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=8461.....

logo2.png  Communications: We will achieve the interconnection between Iraq, Iran and Armenia
1391.jpg

Economy News Baghdad: 

The Ministry of Communications announced on Thursday that it will complete the interconnection between Iraq, Iran and Armenia in the telecommunications sector.

The Ministry of Communications said in a press release that "Minister of Communications Hassan Kazem Al-Rashed received at his office at the Ministry's headquarters, Engineer Mohammad Reza Akhwan, Director of Baya Group of Iran and his accompanying delegation to discuss prospects of cooperation and joint investment. Maintenance Engineer Zeinab Abdul Saheb ".

She added that "the two sides agreed to activate the work in many areas related to the Ministry of Telecommunications, such as the e-government project, the Postal Bank and the IT and IT security and a number of other projects carried out through postal outlets." 

During the meeting, Al-Rashed stressed "the strengthening of relations and common interests between the two countries and the need for Iranian companies to enter into work in Iraq because of strong ties and affinity between the Iraqi people and Iran."

"We aspire to benefit from the Iranian experience in the field of Iranian post and the Iranian Postal Bank and positive steps and partnership between Iraq and Iranian companies and take responsibility and activate the positive image to achieve the desired success, which serves both sides."

"We will achieve interconnection between Iraq, Iran and Armenia in the telecommunications sector," he added.

• Upvote 1

If you were going to go international with your Currency, and with today's technology, you would be required to have a high-speed Internet accessible across the entire country. With this announcement we are so close! Thank you! 

:undocumented::undocumented:

• Upvote 10

6 minutes ago, gregp said:

If you were going to go international with your Currency, and with today's technology, you would be required to have a high-speed Internet accessible across the entire country. With this announcement we are so close! Thank you! 

:undocumented::undocumented:

I Like It!

• Upvote 3

Thanks Yota....This article is very vague...and a lot can be read into it...It can pertain to a lot of different aspects  from educating the people to having all ebanking activities online...Either or both aspects is just another event closers to Iraq becoming international compliant...

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, txwWrestling said:

Thank you Al Gore.....GO RV!!!!!!!!!

Yep, aren't  we fortunate that Al invented the Internet?????????????????????^_^ NOT :P

Now he did invent Climate Change, I will give him THAT, but that belongs in another forum :rolleyes:

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NoviceInvestor said:

As I read it... They are only announcing their intention to implement the project but I am sure they will have it working "soon"...

I don't disagree with what you are saying but do you really think that they would broadcast their intentions in regards to something as big as an RV?   

Food for thought...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jaygo said:

This guy! Negative Nelly!! 😂 

Dream big! DREAM BIG!!

Your really going to think me negative...... This is Iraq, they are still trying to get the internet services set up for the population at large. But first that requires electricity! :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jcfrag said:

Your really going to think me negative...... This is Iraq, they are still trying to get the internet services set up for the population at large. But first that requires electricity! :lol:

....Not exactly...Solar, batteries or any type of fuel-cell can all provide enough juice to boust a chip to relieve an Internet signal....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jaygo said:

This guy! Negative Nelly!! 😂 

Dream big! DREAM BIG!!

Two things Jaygo... definitely not a guy and I am far from a Negative Nelly...  And I do Dream Big but I am bought flatlly to earth knowing that Iraq has to virtually rebuild its whole infrastructure and rebuild its credibility in an uncertain world... Yes I and everyone invested here would like it to be this Sunday or Monday or Sometime "soon" but good apples don't fall till they are ripe and it is with that in mind we must wait for the harvest...

• Upvote 6

• yota691 changed the title to The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet