Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NEW LOOK for CBI Website!

DWS112

1 hour ago, WheresmyRV? said:

My question is if the cbi site is showing 1.2 then how come we cannot Hondo our exchange now?

Ya Mofo's - I Wanna Hondo A Beachfront Condo Pronto ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Not sure but I think it's a test site.. I can't open it at all ..

That Means That U've Failed The Test ! :o 

Next ...

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, DinarThug said:

That Means That U've Failed The Test ! :o 

Next ...

ah well .. Computer literacy wasn't even thought of when I went to school.. Lol.. Maybe if this investment would pay off soon I could take lessons.. For me it's still easier to calculate in my Head than with a basic calculator ... 😄😄😄

• Upvote 8

Move slide your rump - Just for a minute let's all do the Bump

Bump Bump Bump ! :bump: 

15 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Funk Master RickJames Update ...

7-5-2017  Newshound Guest Guru RickJames2  ...I found another access point to cbi.3eyon-host.net from cbi.iq

Go to cbi.iq..

click on Statistics [Tab on the bottom right in the same area as Exchange Rates tab] and scroll down to read more.

Again cbi.3eyon-host website comes up.

This occurs on both sides of the cbi.iq website...English and Arabic. 

Also, previously...I remember being allowed access

to cbi.3eyon-host from "for extended statistics" on Arabic side...

this is no longer possible...it comes up as cbi.iq URL now. 

Can't Touch This ...

• Upvote 9

The Charts Legit - Either Work Hard Or U Might As Well Quit ! :o 

See, I Done Told Ya - Can't Touch This ...

27 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Here Are Some 'Cliff' Notes ...

7-5-2017   Newshound Guest Guru Cliff   It appears that the CBI "test site" that many are discussing is legitimate, as the URL on which it appears (http://cbi.3eyon-host.net) can be accessed from the real active CBI site under the STATISTICS tab. 

This would give credence to the theory that this is an actual test site that was and is being utilized by the bank's web developers. 

But what intrigues me is how so many have seen the 1.2 figure next to the US Dollar slot and have announced that it means that the dinar will be revalued at $1.20, when that does not appear to me to be what it is indicating at all. 

On the actual active site (www.cbi.iq), it presently shows 1184 on the US dollar slot...which I understand to mean that it takes 1184 dinar to equal 1 US dollar.

This would make the value of the dinar to be .000845 (1 divided by 1184), thus the 3 zeroes.  

So, by the same token, the 1.2 figure on the test site SHOULD NOT mean that a dinar is valued at $1.20, but that it takes 1.2 dinars to equal 1 US dollar.

This would be .833 US dollars (1 divided by 1.2 equals 83.3 cents), and not the $1.20 that everyone is talking about.

• Upvote 10

17 minutes ago, DinarThug said:
18 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

This would be .833 US dollars (1 divided by 1.2 equals 83.3 cents), and not the $1.20 that everyone is talking about.

That's what I was thinking too. I'll be happy with that. :)

• Upvote 7

Thanks, DinarThug.  Such good news!

I don't know if it's the CBI site or my computer today, but when I press the "English" button it doesn't change.  Stays in Arabic.  I don't care. 

I'm just happy that more and more connections are being found between the 2 sites. :)

Edited by Floridian
  • Upvote 6

Anybody Still Barely Hanging On By Their Fingernails ...

2 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

The Cliffhanger Continues - More 'Cliff' Notes ! :o 

7-5-2017   Newshound Guest Guru Cliff   So, in my view, the 1.2 displayed is just a rounded-off number that shows the present value of the dinar in US dollars...with the 3 zeroes removed. 

Of course, I understand that this is not the actual and final international rate that we will receive...but I believe it is a rounded-off depiction of the present value of the dinar...without the 3 zeroes. 

Also then, on the test site, the calculator is showing how many dinar it will take to buy another currency. 

Remember, this website is about them…not us. It is about the dinar, not about the US dollar.

So, when you type the number 1 into the calculator for US dollar, the result comes up as 1.2, but again, this does not mean that a dinar is worth 1.2 US dollars but rather that a US dollar is worth 1.2 dinar.

Again, it is a tool designed FOR THEM to use as a calculator, not for us. 

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

7-5-2017   Newshound Guest Guru Cliff   So, in my view, the 1.2 displayed is just a rounded-off number that shows the present value of the dinar in US dollars...with the 3 zeroes removed. 

Sounds like something we do not want.

Hope it will be increased to 1:1

Edited by DWS112
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, DWS112 said:

Sounds like something we do not want.

Hope it will be increased to 1:1

I may not be understanding but isn't this what we want instead of "the removing of the 3 zeros" meaning from the actual currency? That would mean our dinar increased it's purchasing power. If they took the 3 zeros off the currency making a 20,000 dinar a 20 that would be bad. Am I thinking correctly here? 1.2 = .83 per dinar sounds like a good thing to me. Jmo

Edited by Rmc10
  • Upvote 6

Just now, Rmc10 said:

I may not be understanding but isn't this what we want instead of "the removing of the 3 zeros" meaning from the actual currency? That would mean our dinar increased it's purchasing power. If they took the 3 zeros off the currency making a 20,000 dinar a 20 that would be bad. Am I thinking correctly here?

Correct. We dont want a lop (just taking off 3 zeros)

• Upvote 4

If they were gonna LOP the zeros off the notes.....( this has been beat to death in my opinion..... )

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have talked this to death and done as many economic studies as they have just to have a "value neutral" event! 

With as much tragedy as this country has been through and as many promises in article after article over 14 years about increasing the people's purchasing power.... the people would go 🦍 sh*t if they don't help them with at least a managed float!!! Would you be remotely happy if your purchasing power was taken from 3.21 down to 3500-4000/1 over night and then told we are gonna make your 25,000 dinar note a 25 dinar note.... but heck we'll throw you a bone and make it 1-1 with the dollar? 

That doesnt change the present value of their purchasing power. I mean they basically wasted all that money printing sophisticated bills in 2003 that they are just going to replace with new smaller notes.... I can't see how it helps the Iraqi economy or its people? 

I just hope they do this before our currency is worth toilet paper as well!

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

ah well .. Computer literacy wasn't even thought of when I went to school.. Lol.. Maybe if this investment would pay off soon I could take lessons.. For me it's still easier to calculate in my Head than with a basic calculator ... 😄😄😄

Here I will help you out for free,

that thing you put your hand on to move the cursor around... is not like the sewing machine pedal. You do not put it on the floor and control the computer with your foot. 

There is no such thing as an "Any Key" found anywhere on the keyboard.

Can't remember the rest but the sewing machine pedal is only if you knew a time before computers. And this comes from a joke from help desk people if I find the lengthy joke I will post it to ya. 

• Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to NEW LOOK for CBI Website!
  • TexasGranny locked this topic