Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iceberg twice size of Luxembourg breaks off Antarctic ice shelf

umbertino

Satellite data confirms ‘calving’ of trillion-tonne, 5,800 sq km (3,604 sq.mi.) iceberg from the Larsen C ice shelf, dramatically altering the landscape

Nicola Davis

Wednesday 12 July 2017 10.53 BST

Vid in link

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/12/giant-antarctic-iceberg-breaks-free-of-larsen-c-ice-shelf

Ca and Az are in a desert. It gets HOT, D*mn hot. It has been that way for a long time.

Every year it gets hot. Every year the Sun shines down on the two states and it gets hot.

Did I mention It gets hot. Even "if" the Earth killing asteroid is coming, WTF am I going to do

about it. H*ll, I hope I am right there to catch it when it hits. I felt the same way when SAC bases were on 

alert. If there ever was a Nuke attack I was going to take my family and sit at the end of the runway (MAFB)

and be there when the nukes fell. No way would I want to be around for radiation sickness. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Interesting video BA...thanks for posting.

As you know, I tend to lend more credence to some of the extreme weather we've been seeing to solar activity (most likely scenario), but also the possibility of the 10th planet binary solar system theory (least likely, but none the less, a possibility).

If the events we are seeing escalate at a very rapid rate (months to at most a couple years) then the likelihood of the 10th planet binary solar system would be the most likely explanation. Only time will tell.

Indy 

36 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

I should go claim it as a floating island and I will have my own country for after the RV. How long would it take to melt?

I would guess that it depends where and how far north the ocean currents take this new mass. If this thing parks off the coast of Dubai in the Arabian Sea, not very long.

Indy

3 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

To quote Chicken little

the Sky is falling!

Or the boy who cried wolf!

mommy hold me I am scared!

I wasn't going to get involved here until I saw your post. :lol: Ain't that the truth. 

And by the way B/A when one considers what the Ice Shelf truly is and the incomprehensible sheer size of it a 60 by 60 mile piece is rather small in comparison. 

21 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Ca and Az are in a desert. It gets HOT, D*mn hot. It has been that way for a long time.

Every year it gets hot. Every year the Sun shines down on the two states and it gets hot.

Did I mention It gets hot. Even "if" the Earth killing asteroid is coming, WTF am I going to do

about it. H*ll, I hope I am right there to catch it when it hits. I felt the same way when SAC bases were on 

alert. If there ever was a Nuke attack I was going to take my family and sit at the end of the runway (MAFB)

and be there when the nukes fell. No way would I want to be around for radiation sickness. 

It will be totally out of our control so,

Agreed on my knees praying for a quick painless end to me and mine.

p.s. I will fight like hell to prevent that from happening though!