Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

United Nations calls for the implementation of Article 140 of the Iraqi Constitution

HowieC

5 hours ago, HowieC said:

Sustainable development for future generations

"The protection of civilians and the imposition of the rule of law and order on criminal groups and other armed groups that are prohibited in conflict and post-conflict situations are a top priority," he said, adding that sustainable peace also requires that the principles of justice, accountability, tolerance and respect for human rights be the guiding force for all future actions

5 hours ago, HowieC said:

Sustainable peace requires the right of return to all, without any demographic manipulation or recourse to retaliation, punishment or forced evictions

Peace, which the country and its citizens need and deserve, must be based on strong foundations of unity, cooperation,(social) justice, tolerance and coexistence

see wiki definition of Agenda 21 language    I'm not thinking the Globalist's vision for a "new middle east" is gonna go over very well unless they can find a way to bribe the religious leaders - the politicians will be a pushover.

• Upvote 1

Schedules are made to be changed. So that 25 September is not exactly written in stone and let's not forget the fact that Iraq could get it done beforehand. Their is breathihg down their necks (as we call it) maybe it's heavy enough to make them move to get it done so they can say they controlled their own destiny without the UN placing a heavy hand on them again. I'm pretty sure they have had enough of the UN placing limits on and pushing (spanking) them. 

Just my most humble opinion. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Flamtap said:

So that 25 September is not exactly written in stone

It September 25, 2017 

President Barzani Meets with Kurdistan Region's Political Parties to Set the Date for the Referendum

blue-bullet.jpg
KRP.org | 
blue-bullet.jpg
07/06/2017
131413099359534698.jpg
Salahadin, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, (Krp.org)- President Masoud Barzani held a meeting today with the representatives of the political parties across the Kurdistan Region. During the meeting, President Barzani and the attendees discussed several salient issues including the upcoming parliamentary elections, the current political and economic situations and the issue of the independence referendum. 

The President, along with the representatives of the political parties and slates decided that the date for the independence referendum shall be
Monday, September 25, 2017. It will be on that day when the people of the Kurdistan Region, as well as those living in the disputed areas, will cast their votes on whether they accept independence for the Kurdistan.

The political parties also agreed to resolve some of the outstanding political and economic issues prior to the date of the referendum. They also agreed to establish a special council for the referendum which will be supervised by President Barzani and that council will be tasked to form a number of teams to supervise the details of the referendum.
  • Upvote 6

8 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Fingers crossed... But as they say  " it's not over till the fat lady sings".. I think she needs to take the stage in the coming days and start singing"😊

Just hope she is  wearing clothes this time...........just a thought.:P

• Upvote 1

I recall Adam making a comment during one of his weekly chats prior to the last election (and prior to the infestation of the dasholes in 2014) in which he stated that an RV prior to the election would certainly be viewed by the voters as a positive move by Maliki, who, hypothetically, would have then been voted in with ease. Now the 'shoe is on the other foot' -  and assuming that that shoe is not thrown at anyone anytime prior to the elections, Abadi has an awesome chance to secure the hearts and minds of the Iraqi voters  by finally RVing the long overdue Iraqi Dinar and reinstating it to a rate of its former glory.

• Upvote 13

19 hours ago, King Bean said:

First the were supposed to allow voting on this by end of 2007. Then it was 6 months later. More recently, April, Abadi met with Kurds and agreed to move forward once ISIS was done in Mosul. Well, guess what?? Tick tock, tick tock. Let's see if they actually follow through on something, ANYTHING, in a timely manner.

GOP wants to replace health bill. Had several years to come up with a PLAN. Hasn't happened. DEMS want to keep health, but know that changes to Medicare and Medicaid need to be made and come up with the money. Several years to do. Hasn't happened. Now they want an August recess? For what? Fund raising? You and I as voters have no control over our elected officials. We don't make the rules. We can't. We can't withhold salary because they don't work. All we can do is send a letter that somebody else reads. Check the House Registry and see how many bills are on the docket since 01/07/2017 and how many have been voted on and the relevance to the national situation. Not many. As long the situation as is exists, we, as registered voters, are SOL. And so it goes in Iraq. We have infrastructure that is crumbling. So do they. We don't have the money to fix. Neither do they. So what happens now? Hurry up and wait. And everyone needs to take a good look at Illinois, their unfunded pensions, past due bills, political one-sidedness, Chicago crime rates, murder rates, health care, and much more. The university I graduated from has lost many students because of underfunding. And it was a small one. There are a lot of problems that need to be fixed, both here and Iraq. Until the politicians get their hands out of the pot, won't happen

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, NoviceInvestor said:

True...however I read some negativity in the news mainly because the GOI are such Procrastinators.. Or more to the point an element of skepticism has surfaced ..😊🙏😊

They maybe procrastinators but the UN cares some weight.  Stay positive young lady. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, presence said:

I recall Adam making a comment during one of his weekly chats prior to the last election (and prior to the infestation of the dasholes in 2014) in which he stated that an RV prior to the election would certainly be viewed by the voters as a positive move by Maliki, who, hypothetically, would have then been voted in with ease. Now the 'shoe is on the other foot' -  and assuming that that shoe is not thrown at anyone anytime prior to the elections, Abadi has an awesome chance to secure the hearts and minds of the Iraqi voters  by finally RVing the long overdue Iraqi Dinar and reinstating it to a rate of its former glory.

You need to become one of those political advisers.  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

They maybe procrastinators but the UN cares some weight.  Stay positive young lady. :twothumbs:

Your comment does not surprise me Chuck !! We need to be able to give more than one Emerald !!

Keep it up my friend, You help wipe away frustration with your posts !!

pp

• Upvote 8

22 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Again...ChinaDawg continues to be correct.  You piss on all the good news. 

BOT,,,It is hard to argue with the white bird,,,he has a masters degree and soon to have a doctors,,,,,I'm pretty sure that will qualifiy him to be a professional Masturbator.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

07/12/2017 (00:01 pm)   -   Number of readings: 96   -   Issue (3967)

UNAMI: Nasr Mosul, a chance to return a strong and unified Iraq

 Baghdad / term 

Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Jan Kubis student, on Tuesday, Baghdad and the Kurdistan government need to apply Article 140 of the Constitution of the disputed areas, while calling on the parties to the understanding referendum on the region. 
He said Kubis, in a cable of congratulations on the occasion of Liberation of Mosul received (range) a copy, "This victory provides an excellent opportunity for Iraq to promote a strong and united again , " stressing that "despite the crush Daesh in Mosul, the war against terrorism is not over yet, and that before Iraq more work to achieve the full recovery of lasting peace and the establishment. " 
He said the UN official has "reveals moral bankruptcy and their collapse clearly in their destruction barbaric mosque and minaret Nouri distinctive humpback , where they announced in 2014 for their project takfiri fake the so - called succession." 
He continued Kubiš "Taking share Iraqis delight in this victory, we remember the victims who were killed and those who have been subjected to the most suffering from terrorism Daesh, and applaud the continuing efforts of the security forces in the liberated areas purge remaining pockets of terrorist sleeper cells possible." 
Head of UNAMI stressed that " the victory on the battlefield was the culmination of a series of heroic deeds, as Iraqis took the lead role in fighting for the liberation of their country 's concerted world support." 
He called UN envoy on Iraqis to "look towards the future with optimism is unwavering and engage in a meaningful dialogue in a spirit of partnership to resolve differences that impede progress, and the fight against corruption , which saps the country 's money, repair and re - energize the economy to put the country on the road to further work and prosperity opportunities." 
Kubiš Baghdad and the Kurdistan region and urged " to take advantage of the ideal military cooperation in the fight against Daesh, and to initiate action now to resolve outstanding issues, especially the issue of the referendum on the independence of Iraqi Kurdistan, and the implementation of Article 140 of the Constitution in respect of borders and disputed areas, in particular , the status of Kirkuk, through dialogue and genuine partnership. "

• Upvote 3

On 7/11/2017 at 3:48 PM, chinadawg said:

I fail to see where it is written in stone that the Kurdistan independence has anything at all to do with the CBI adding value  to the dinar,,,,maybe i missed something ?

You're right because Kurdistan independence would actually take AWAY value from the dinar. Guess you missed that one, again.

All you need to do is read the article and it's the article that states Sept 25. So unless you are blind stupid and dumb to which I believe you belong in all three categories, it's the Kurds that pissed on everyone's parade.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 17

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

You're right because Kurdistan independence would actually take AWAY value from the dinar. Guess you missed that one, again.

All you need to do is read the article and it's the article that states Sept 25. So unless you are blind stupid and dumb to which I believe you belong in all three categories, it's the Kurds that pissed on everyone's parade.

What a d... bag 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

More forum cancer

• Upvote 7