Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Donald Trump's Approval Rating Nearing Record-Low in His Favorite Poll

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Truth be told, we the people, have been hoodwinked.

I dunno, maybe it's because I was challenged many years ago to think critically by my teachers, professors and mentors and to know what can actually be known and to not place value in ideas, concepts or perceptions based upon fear or allegations of conspiracy.

I don't believe I've been hoodwinked at all.

I see the horizon for what it is; a gateway for a better day promised to everyone.  Yes, I can hear the liars and see the wolves and I always keep my eyes open for that well camouflaged snare but I refuse to focus on their temporary success with dumbing down the human spirit. 

And then there are those such as your self who collaborate with the dumbing down process with libelous accusations and censored/modified articles presented lacking full content without attribution.  Honestly, it's difficult to consider your criticisms of the system to be nothing more than personal views without substantiation.

The article you presented to support your claim is lacking full content.  I'll post what you have omitted so others may come to a more full understanding of the writers intent.

"As one lobbyist told me (in 2007), “Twenty­-five years ago… it was ‘just keep the government out of our business, we want to do what we want to,’ and gradually that’s changed     to ‘how can we make the government our partners?’ It’s gone from ‘leave us alone’ to ‘let’s work on this together.’” Another corporate lobbyist recalled,“When they started,     [management] thought government relations did something else. They thought it was to manage public relations crises, hearing inquiries... My boss told me, you’ve taught us to do things we didn’t know could ever be done.”

As companies became more politically active and comfortable during the late 1980s and the 1990s, their lobbyists became more politically visionary. For example, pharmaceutical companies had long opposed the idea of government adding a prescription drug benefit to Medicare, on the theory that this would give government bargaining power through bulk purchasing, thereby reducing drug industry profits. But sometime around 2000, industry lobbyists dreamed up the bold idea of proposing and supporting what became Medicare Part D—a prescription drug benefit, but one which explicitly forbade bulk purchasing—an estimated $205 billion benefit to companies over a 10-year period.

What makes today so very different from the 1970s is that corporations now have the resources to play offense and defense simultaneously on almost any top-priority issue. When I surveyed corporate lobbyists on the reasons why their companies maintained a Washington office, the top reason was “to protect the company against changes in government policy.” On a one-to-seven scale, lobbyists ranked this reason at 6.2 (on average). But closely behind, at 5.7, was “Need to improve ability to compete by seeking favorable changes in government policy.”

While reversing history is obviously impossible, there is value in appreciating how much things have changed. And there are ways to bring back some balance: Investing more in the government, especially Congress, would give leading policymakers resources to hire and retain the most experienced and expert staff, and reduce their reliance on lobbyists. Also, organizations that advocate for less well-resourced positions could use more support. If history teaches anything, it's that the world does not need to look as it does today."

While you may think many here have the attention span of a nat, there are those of us with the eyes and experience of an eagle and it is quite easy for us to discern the difference between an anchovy and a salmon.

GH

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

A simple majority... That's how democracy is supposed to work. If no one receives 51% we have a run off...

B/A

Sadly you don't get it. We have a Republic NOT A DEMOCRACY. And just in the remote chance that you Shabbs and his alter ego might actually still be capable of learning something. Let me tell you what a true Democracy is, MOB RULE. 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, George Hayduke said:

I dunno, maybe it's because I was challenged many years ago to think critically by my teachers, professors and mentors and to know what can actually be known and to not place value in ideas, concepts or perceptions based upon fear or allegations of conspiracy.

I don't believe I've been hoodwinked at all.

I see the horizon for what it is; a gateway for a better day promised to everyone.  Yes, I can hear the liars and see the wolves and I always keep my eyes open for that well camouflaged snare but I refuse to focus on their temporary success with dumbing down the human spirit. 

And then there are those such as your self who collaborate with the dumbing down process with libelous accusations and censored/modified articles presented lacking full content without attribution.  Honestly, it's difficult to consider your criticisms of the system to be nothing more than personal views without substantiation.

The article you presented to support system" rel="">support your claim is lacking full content.  I'll post what you have omitted so others may come to a more full understanding of the writers intent.

"As one lobbyist told me (in 2007), “Twenty­-five years ago… it was ‘just keep the government out of our business, we want to do what we want to,’ and gradually that’s changed     to ‘how can we make the government our partners?’ It’s gone from ‘leave us alone’ to ‘let’s work on this together.’” Another corporate lobbyist recalled,“When they started,     [management] thought government relations did something else. They thought it was to manage public relations crises, hearing inquiries... My boss told me, you’ve taught us to do things we didn’t know could ever be done.”

As companies became more politically active and comfortable during the late 1980s and the 1990s, their lobbyists became more politically visionary. For example, pharmaceutical companies had long opposed the idea of government adding a prescription drug benefit to Medicare, on the theory that this would give government bargaining power through bulk purchasing, thereby reducing drug industry profits. But sometime around 2000, industry lobbyists dreamed up the bold idea of proposing and supporting what became Medicare Part D—a prescription drug benefit, but one which explicitly forbade bulk purchasing—an estimated $205 billion benefit to companies over a 10-year period.

What makes today so very different from the 1970s is that corporations now have the resources to play offense and defense simultaneously on almost any top-priority issue. When I surveyed corporate lobbyists on the reasons why their companies maintained a Washington office, the top reason was “to protect the company against changes in government policy.” On a one-to-seven scale, lobbyists ranked this reason at 6.2 (on average). But closely behind, at 5.7, was “Need to improve ability to compete by seeking favorable changes in government policy.”

While reversing history is obviously impossible, there is value in appreciating how much things have changed. And there are ways to bring back some balance: Investing more in the government, especially Congress, would give leading policymakers resources to hire and retain the most experienced and expert staff, and reduce their reliance on lobbyists. Also, organizations that advocate for less well-resourced positions could use more support system" rel="">support. If history teaches anything, it's that the world does not need to look as it does today."

While you may think many here have the attention span of a nat, there are those of us with the eyes and experience of an eagle and it is quite easy for us to discern the difference between an anchovy and a salmon.

GH

Thanks George. My guess is if corporations had total rule we would be slaves... JMHO

B/A

1 minute ago, bostonangler said:

For example, pharmaceutical companies had long opposed the idea of government adding a prescription drug benefit to Medicare, on the theory that this would give government bargaining power through bulk purchasing, thereby reducing drug industry profits. But sometime around 2000, industry lobbyists dreamed up the bold idea of proposing and supporting what became Medicare Part D—a prescription drug benefit, but one which explicitly forbade bulk purchasing—an estimated $205 billion benefit to companies over a 10-year period.

Why wouldn't we want to save taxpayers money... Have you ever sat on a $640 toilet seat? That what you pay when our government buys one.

$37 screws, a $7,622 coffee maker, $640 toilet seats; : suppliers to our military just won't be oversold

JACK SMITH

As a citizen who has always paid his taxes honestly and without complaint, I am sometimes depressed when I read in the paper about some corporation that has grossly overcharged the government for something I was helping to pay for.

Of course most of our taxes go for weapons, and weapons are so expensive that few of us can feel that we are contributing in any substantial way to any one weapon.

For example, I have been paying taxes for 40 years, but one day I was driving along the San Diego Freeway through Camp Pendleton when a Marine helicopter flew over the car; I realized then that all the taxes I had paid in all my life would not pay for that one helicopter.

It makes you feel as if you aren't really taking part in our destiny.

You may have read in the paper the other day that a division of Litton Industries and two of its former executives are accused of defrauding the government out of $6.3 million on military contracts.

pixel.gif

According to the U.S. attorney, the company "grossly inflated prices intentionally" on about 45 contracts from 1975 to 1984.

It makes you wonder if all our weapons aren't overpriced.

Remember when we found out that the government paid $640 each for plastic toilet seats for military airplanes? Now that was something I could feel that I personally paid for. I pay a good deal more than $640 in taxes every year, and I probably paid for several of those toilet seats. That is a concrete contribution that I can be proud of.

A handy book for any taxpayer is "The Pentagon Catalog" (Workman), which describes and shows diagrams of numerous pieces of military hardware that authors Christopher Cerf and Henry Beard describe as "ordinary products at extraordinary prices."

They claim that their firm, Pentagon Products, can supply any of these items to anyone at the prices our military paid for them, and they boast, "We will not be oversold."

Anyone who buys this paperback for $4.95 gets a $2,043 nut free.

The nut is glued to the inside of the back cover, in the upper right hand corner, and fits in a hole in the pages, so it goes through to the front.

This nut, which is described as "a plain round nut," was made by McDonnell Douglas for the Navy at $2,043 each.

But, as the book points out, wouldn't it be embarrassing if some big piece of equipment failed because of a spare part that cost only a few cents? We certainly don't want to risk our airplanes by fitting them with cheap nuts.

The book also lists a claw hammer sold by Gould Simulation Systems to the Navy for $435. In the picture it looks like the kind you can buy at any hardware store for $10.

Comparatively reasonable is McDonnell Douglas' price of only $37 for a screw. It appears in every respect to be an ordinary screw, but the book points out:

"The fact is, a screw this expensive simply cannot get lost! How many times have you had a screw roll off your worktable and disappear, then just casually reached for another one because the missing fastener was too cheap to hunt for? Lots of times, right? Well, you can bet your bottom dollar . . . that if one of our screws rolls into some dark corner, you're going to conduct a full-scale search!"

pixel.gif

Other items offered in the catalogue include a $285 screwdriver, a $7,622 coffee maker, a $387 flat washer, a $469 wrench, a $214 flashlight, a $437 tape measure, a $2,228 monkey wrench, a $748 pair of duckbill pliers, a $74,165 aluminum ladder, a $659 ashtray and a $240- million airplane.

Pentagon Products may be a fictional company, but these prices are not. They are documented.

The authors point out that they were outraged by the cost of military hardware until they understood how military pricing works. A military thumbtack isn't like the ordinary old thumbtack that costs you two cents in the hardware store.

"That's because the good old American competitive spirit that brings us a dime-store item like a thumbtack for just a couple of cents is primarily concerned with keeping its cost down, not with making sure that it can take it out there on the battlefield where there are no shopping malls to get some more thumbtacks from. After all, if a defective thumbtack falls off your kitchen bulletin board, you may lose a recipe, but if a defective thumbtack holding an all-important battle plan falls off the situation display in a command bunker, that's a recipe for disaster, because we may lose a war. . . ."

That should comfort the secretary of defense when he's sitting on a $640 toilet seat.

The success of Pentagon Products is based on simple principles, the authors say: no dog-eat-dog competitive bidding, no endless nit-picking over contracts, no pushy meddling in the bidding process, no penny-pinching bulk purchases, no unfair limits on corporate claims of proprietary rights, no settling for off-the-shelf products just to save a buck.

Cheating the taxpayers is the American way.

4 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Great album by Black Sabbath...

B/A

Tell that to the Jews in Germany 1938. Or to the minority tribes in the present day Congo. And just for your pleasure, you don't want to see a real Mob Rule here in America today because I fear that all libs would be dead in short order. 
Remember according to Mob Rule he who has the biggest Mob RULES 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Tell that to the Jews in Germany 1938. Or to the minority tribes in the present day Congo. And just for your pleasure, you don't want to see a real Mob Rule here in America today because I fear that all libs would be dead in short order. 
Remember according to Mob Rule he who has the biggest Mob RULES 

I'm not sure why you think people on the left don't have guns... I'm loaded for bear and ready for any dumb-ass lefty or righty to bring it on. America first and herd following idiots dead. Stop following the herd or you will run off the cliff with the rest of them.

B/A 

9 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Donald should just start his own poll, 99.99% approval rating......He should ask Putin how to go about it.  B)

GO RV, the BV

That reminds me of something  which happened many years ago...When Leonid Breznev was  the Soviet Union leader....He created a  book award.....Strangely enough he then proceeded to award HIS OWN book with 1st prize......You must love objectivity

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

I'm not sure why you think people on the left don't have guns... I'm loaded for bear and ready for any dumb-ass lefty or righty to bring it on. America first and herd following idiots dead. Stop following the herd or you will run off the cliff with the rest of them.

B/A 

Believe me when I tell you that I follow NO HERD. But I do know right and wrong. And I've got to ask you one more time, do you really think that you are ready for anyone to,"Bring it on"? Because if you can truly say that then you TRULY have no clue what you are asking for. That is the last thing that anyone that has experienced it ever wants to go through again. Let the hate go. Love your enemies, attempt to do whatever you can to bring peace because if you don't the nightmares you bring will be your own. 

4 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Cheating the taxpayers is the American way.

From Wiki:

"The American Way of Life is the unique lifestyle of the people  of the United States of America. It refers to a nationalist ethos that adheres to the principle of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.  At the center of the American way is the American Dream upward mobility is achievable by any American through hard work. This concept is intertwined with the concept of American exceptionalism, the belief in the unique culture of the nation." 

Cheating the taxpayers is the way of greedy, dishonest and cruel individuals and not the American way. They need to be stopped. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, bostonangler said:

A simple majority... That's how democracy is supposed to work. If no one receives 51% we have a run off...

B/A that BS so your saying one state ie California would decide the Presidency each and every time and you call that Democracy. Come on man your smarter then that...

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Cheating the taxpayers is the way of greedy, dishonest and cruel individuals and not the American way. They need to be stopped. 

I couldn't agree more.... What kills me is that the same people who don't want to pay taxes are the ones that cry if the police don't show up. Or if the fire department doesn't come quickly. They are the ones who complain about potholes and bad bridges... And yet they are the ones who think corporate welfare will make America great. I think the income tax should be eliminated and a consumption tax should be the way the system works. If you, me or a company purchases anything we should all pay a flat tax. Fair, simple and balanced. Everyone pays 10% on what they spend and see what a difference it would make.

B/A

11 hours ago, bigwave said:

The same polls that said Hillarious was going to win. 

Keep a good watch on the nooz for us BA....

Not my poll, it's the one Trump loves... I just brought the story over and now people don't like it because they don't agree. It sounds like there are "snowflakes" on both sides of the aisle.

B/A

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Let the hate go. Love your enemies,

Seriously??? I'm not one of the people here who call for running protesters over with their big bad pick-ups, or want to beat up the protesters. Maybe those folks here who call for violence should read your post... I'm sure that you know the ones I'm talking about... I understand their anger, I feel it everyday when I see our elected officials act like school children, but I don't think running over crowds of protesters who are exercising their constitutional rights is the answer. In fact many of the whiners here would have stood against our founding fathers because they would have thought they were snowflakes for not agreeing with the king. The most beautiful thing about America is being able to protest without fear, but many here act more like the KKK than American patriots.

B/A

• Upvote 2

Resistance To Trump’s Voter Data Request May Be Wildly Overstated

July 8, 2017 MJA 

CFP:

Headlines have sprung up all over the liberal media this week about the open revolt against Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach and the broad request for voter data he issued to the states.

Reports said 44 states and the District of Columbia have outright refused to fulfill the requests from President Trump’s voter fraud commission.

Brian Frosh, the attorney general of Maryland, called the request “repugnant” and said the commission’s only purpose was to “intimidate voters and indulge President Trump’s fantasy that he won the popular vote.”

High-population liberal states, such as California and New York, refused immediately, saying the problem was non-existent and the commission merely an effort to suppress votes.

Even Delbert Hoseman, the Republican secretary of state of deeply red Mississippi, said, said he would not fulfill the request, although his concerns appear to be about state control of elections.

But is the opposition that significant?

Kobach labeled the stories that 44 states refused to comply “patently false” and yet another example of “fake news.” He said 14 states and the District of Columbia have refused to provide the data, 20 have agreed to do it and the rest are looking into their own state laws to determine what can be turned over.

more

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Seriously??? I'm not one of the people here who call for running protesters over with their big bad pick-ups, or want to beat up the protesters. Maybe those folks here who call for violence should read your post... I'm sure that you know the ones I'm talking about... I understand their anger, I feel it everyday when I see our elected officials act like school children, but I don't think running over crowds of protesters who are exercising their constitutional rights is the answer. In fact many of the whiners here would have stood against our founding fathers because they would have thought they were snowflakes for not agreeing with the king. The most beautiful thing about America is being able to protest without fear, but many here act more like the KKK than American patriots.

B/A

If your statement was true, then so be it.  But I find it mostly untruthful.  No one in their right mind would run over a protester for no reason.  All this havoc has been caused by the Soros group hired to create violence.  You know this, I'm sure. 

If violence does occur its on the protesters themselves. You say they are exercising their constitutional right, I find that they lost their right when violence entered. (the right to a peaceful protest) I would be one to be the first to defend my being, my family with whatever means necessary, again, you know this is the emotion that any human would feel if they are being threaten.  Come on BA, you know all this, we stand behind our founding fathers for protecting the future generations, they knew the peoples needed the United States Constitution. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Whatshername said:

Resistance To Trump’s Voter Data Request May Be Wildly Overstated

July 8, 2017 MJA 

CFP:

Headlines have sprung up all over the liberal media this week about the open revolt against Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach and the broad request for voter data he issued to the states.

Reports said 44 states and the District of Columbia have outright refused to fulfill the requests from President Trump’s voter fraud commission.

Brian Frosh, the attorney general of Maryland, called the request “repugnant” and said the commission’s only purpose was to “intimidate voters and indulge President Trump’s fantasy that he won the popular vote.”

High-population liberal states, such as California and New York, refused immediately, saying the problem was non-existent and the commission merely an effort to suppress votes.

Even Delbert Hoseman, the Republican secretary of state of deeply red Mississippi, said, said he would not fulfill the request, although his concerns appear to be about state control of elections.

But is the opposition that significant?

Kobach labeled the stories that 44 states refused to comply “patently false” and yet another example of “fake news.” He said 14 states and the District of Columbia have refused to provide the data, 20 have agreed to do it and the rest are looking into their own state laws to determine what can be turned over.

more

Liberal media is again covering for its possibly fraudulent friends in the Democrat Party

Edited by pattyangel

9 hours ago, bostonangler said:

B/A

I have been on this board for the better part of 7 yrs and if you count the quantity of post that I had prior to Adam resetting everything I am around somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 post. And the most part of them have been comments of substance. All of them were from the heart and sadly, in the beginning, some were quite disrespectful. So I can tell you that while have have not only grown in my faith toward God and my respect toward my fellow human being I most assuredly have learned A LOT about the nature of the people that post on this site. And I would bet money that there is not even one person on this board that would drive their pickup into a crowd of protesters whether peaceful or violent. So your comment holds no water. But I do know of a liberal freakshow that traveled all the way from Illinois to Virginia just to kill Republicans. 

And I know of a whole bunch of violent protesters that have destroyed millions of dollars of other people's property in the name of the Democratic Party. But for the life of me I can't seem to remember one conservative person doing anything even remotely close to what I've just shown. And neither can I even remember a single KKK rally in recent history, much less one that turned violent. 

You're living in the fear that the insane left has convinced you is real. And that is going to destroy not only you but that little darling that you saved from her own hell. 

You don't need the hatred,     and you dam sure don't need the false fear that the Left Stream Media keeps spewing out everyday. 

Again I implore you, let go of the fear and anger and hatred and LOVE THOSE WITH WHOM YOU DISAGREE. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I have been on this board for the better part of 7 yrs and if you count the quantity of post that I had prior to Adam resetting everything I am around somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 post. And the most part of them have been comments of substance. All of them were from the heart and sadly, in the beginning, some were quite disrespectful. So I can tell you that while have have not only grown in my faith toward God and my respect toward my fellow human being I most assuredly have learned A LOT about the nature of the people that post on this site. And I would bet money that there is not even one person on this board that would drive their pickup into a crowd of protesters whether peaceful or violent. So your comment holds no water. But I do know of a liberal freakshow that traveled all the way from Illinois to Virginia just to kill Republicans. 

And I know of a whole bunch of violent protesters that have destroyed millions of dollars of other people's property in the name of the Democratic Party. But for the life of me I can't seem to remember one conservative person doing anything even remotely close to what I've just shown. And neither can I even remember a single KKK rally in recent history, much less one that turned violent. 

You're living in the fear that the insane left has convinced you is real. And that is going to destroy not only you but that little darling that you saved from her own hell. 

You don't need the hatred,     and you dam sure don't need the false fear that the Left Stream Media keeps spewing out everyday. 

Again I implore you, let go of the fear and anger and hatred and LOVE THOSE WITH WHOM YOU DISAGREE. 

Am I agreeing with bostonangler ??? Whaaaaat ? Wait. Oh few, I am agreeing with Lady Graces Dad. For a second there I thought I was revisiting a bender from 30 years ago, or a bad dream. Yeah let's go with the bad dream.

• Upvote 2

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, new york kevin said:

And neither can I even remember a single KKK rally in recent history. 

I guess you missed the news yesterday.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/08/us/kkk-rally-charlottesville-statues/

or the month before

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/KKK-rally-to-be-held-in-Lancaster-County.html

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Downvote 1