Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Vatican Police find drugs and more

SnowGlobe7

SAINT PETER'S BASILICA, VATICAN CITY, VATICAN - 2017/06/28: Pope Francis elevated 5 Roman Catholic bishops and archbishops to the rank of cardinal during the Ordinary Public Consistory in St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City, Vatican on June 28, 2017. The 5 new cardinals are below 80 and would therefore be entitled to vote in a conclave to decide a new pontiff. (

Vatican police have reportedly raided a Vatican-owned apartment and arrested an aide to one of Pope Francis' key advisers.

Police in late June found widespread drug-use and men engaged in homosexual activity during the bust at the home owned by the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, according to Il Fatto Quotidiano, an Italian newspaper that first reported the incident. Among its duties, the congregation guides the Church's response to clerical sexual abuse cases.

Authorities reportedly arrested the secretary of Cardinal Francesco Coccopalmerio, who was an occupant of the apartment, but official charges in connection with the incident have not been reported. Coccopalmerio, who serves as president of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts and leads interpretations of the laws of the Church, is said to have recommended his secretary for a promotion to bishop.

Police were reportedly tipped off by neighbors, who complained of unusual behavior and "a constant coming and going" from the apartment.

The newspaper described the pope as "enraged," and said the aide was first taken to a clinic and hospitalized to detox from the drugs he had used, and "is currently in retreat at a convent in Italy."

This scandal comes on the heels of Cardinal George Pell's return to Australia to defend himself against charges related to multiple historical sex crimes. Pell, a top adviser to the pontiff, is the highest-ranking church official to face abuse allegations.

Days after granting Pell a release, Pope Francis also removed German Cardinal Gerhard Mueller as prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, according to The Associated Press. It is unclear if the reported drug arrest played any part in the pope's decision.

The pope has vowed a "zero tolerance" approach to abuse, but victim advocates have said poor personnel decisions and the global abuse scandal reaching the heart of the Vatican has tainted his legacy.

• Upvote 4

Vatican cops bust drug-fueled *** orgy at home of cardinal’s aide

July 5, 2017 | 9:59am | Updated

Pope Francis, surrounded by cardinals, leads a consistory at St. Peter's Basilica.Getty Images

MORE ON:

CATHOLIC CHURCH

Vatican police raided a drug-fueled ***-sex party at an apartment belonging to an aide of one of Pope Francis’ key advisers, according to a new report.

The Holy Father is “enraged,” since the home, inhabited by Francesco Cardinal Coccopalmerio’s secretary, belongs to the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith — the arm charged with tackling clerical sex abuse, the Italian paper Il Fatto Quotidiano reported.

Cops raided the apartment in late June after neighbors voiced concern about multiple people acting strangely while streaming in and out of the residence, the newspaper reported Wednesday.

Once police were inside the apartment, they said they found multiple men engaged in rampant drug use and homosexual activity.

They then arrested the priest — an aide to one of Pope Francis’ key advisers — after taking him to a clinic to detox from the drugs he’d ingested.

The unnamed aide is now on a spiritual retreat in a convent in Italy, the paper said.

The aide’s apartment building is the same place where Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger lived for about 25 years before becoming Pope Benedict XVI.

Fatto Quotidiano described the building as “a perfect location to enjoy the extraterritorial rights [of the Vatican] without having to undergo neither the checks of the Italian State nor those of the Vatican City.”

Pope Francis “has decided to accelerate the retirement” of Coccopalmerio, who serves as president of the Vatican’s Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts, the paper said.

Coccopalmerio had recommended the secretary for a promotion to bishop — but his prospects aren’t looking good following this incident and two previous alleged drug overdoses, according to an International Business Times report.

“He had proposed his secretary to the episcopate. Fortune that they have not appointed him bishop. Now what would happen?” Il Fatto Quotidiano said. “Someone stopped this appointment before it was too late.”

The scandal comes just a week after the Vatican was rocked by sex-abuse allegations against high-ranking church official George Cardinal Pell.

Pell was charged with multiple counts of historical sexual assault offenses by Australian police.

The cardinal, who served as Pope Francis’ chief financial adviser and is Australia’s most senior Catholic, is the highest-ranking Vatican official ever to be charged in the church’s sexual- abuse scandals.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

Wow umbertino has been scooped!

For me this is not crap. I take this serious. I was never raised catholic, but living in the northeast ALL my friends were Catholic. 

My husband grew up Catholic and his Mom even considered becoming a nun back in the day. I have disagreed with a lot that the Catholics stand for (such as what was mentioned in another thread about having billions but cant solve world hunger)  as does my Husband who has poo pooed most religion since childhood because of the Catholics choices that they impose on people and yet the ones in charge are exempt in his eyes. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

Wow umbertino has been scooped!

I recall during my 1st US visit....As soon as young Folks would learn I was from Italy...They'd all say   " Hey....the Pope smokes dope!"

That was back in 1977.....

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

For me this is not crap. I take this serious. I was never raised catholic, but living in the northeast ALL my friends were Catholic. 

My husband grew up Catholic and his Mom even considered becoming a nun back in the day. I have disagreed with a lot that the Catholics stand for (such as what was mentioned in another thread about having billions but cant solve world hunger)  as does my Husband who has poo pooed most religion since childhood because of the Catholics choices that they impose on people and yet the ones in charge are exempt in his eyes. 

I debated with my self on using your post to be a smartazz.

i agree it is not crap.

my sincere apologies for hijacking your feelings for my own agenda.

i will take the high road from now on where you are concerned.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

I debated with my self on using your post to be a smartazz.

i agree it is not crap.

my sincere apologies for hijacking your feelings for my own agenda.

i will take the high road from now on where you are concerned.

smatazz away my friend...I just feel this way due to my personal experiences with the Catholic church....they are not good

You never owe me any kind of apology.

I did not take what you said in a bad way...I think I was just trying to explain my feelings. This article to me confirms what I have been feeling for years. Sometimes the guardian articles are found to be exaggerations...and this I read on two or three different "news" outlets. Confirmed....where the Guardians "news' sometimes never sees the light of day. 

HIJACK AWAY....But remember I am the Queen of Hijacking threads!!!!!!!

Plus one to ya,,,,BRING IT!!!! Tell me what you think!!!!!!!

Edited by SnowGlobe7
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

smatazz away my friend...I just feel this way due to my personal experiences with the Catholic church....they are not good

You never owe me any kind of apology.

I did not take what you said in a bad way...I think I was just trying to explain my feelings. This article to me confirms what I have been feeling for years. Sometimes the guardian articles are found to be exaggerations...and this I read on two or three different "news" outlets. Confirmed....where the Guardians "news' sometimes never sees the light of day. 

HIJACK AWAY....But remember I am the Queen of Hijacking threads!!!!!!!

Plus one to ya,,,,BRING IT!!!! Tell me what you think!!!!!!!

Kiki you my dear know that I love you but I must protest here. Your statement ,"they are not good", sounds a lot like a blanket view of all Catholics. And that is not fair. You know full well that any and all religious organizations, and pretty much any other collection of people will always have issues. It's just what happens when humans come together. 

I myself am Catholic, and very Orthodox in my  belief, but I can assure you that like all the Catholic's that I know I am appalled at this news.  For the most part people of all faiths just want to worship God and try as they might live up to his will. But alas we all fall from time to time. As our Blessed Lord once said, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone". 

• Upvote 2

The leaders of this faith have failed the people, not the people.  Don't be to harsh in judging all of this faith.  Catholic leaders since past history have missed guided their followers, have done horrendous crimes, and have given the Catholics a bad reputation, but they love Christ just as much as the next Christian.  So try not to degrade those that know Christ's love.  Catholics are not perfect, just as any other entity.  No one is perfect, the famous saying is... do not judge until you can judge yourself perfect. 

Thank you for sharing Snowglobe, this is something that must not go unnoticed.   

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, pattyangel said:

The leaders of this faith have failed the people, not the people.  Don't be to harsh in judging all of this faith.  Catholic leaders since past history have missed guided their followers, have done horrendous crimes, and have given the Catholics a bad reputation, but they love Christ just as much as the next Christian.  So try not to degrade those that know Christ's love.  Catholics are not perfect, just as any other entity.  No one is perfect, the famous saying is... do not judge until you can judge yourself perfect. 

Well said Patty - one of the reasons I call myself a practicing Catholic - because if I keep practicing maybe someday I can get it right....

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Kiki you my dear know that I love you but I must protest here. Your statement ,"they are not good", sounds a lot like a blanket view of all Catholics. And that is not fair. You know full well that any and all religious organizations, and pretty much any other collection of people will always have issues. It's just what happens when humans come together. 

I myself am Catholic, and very Orthodox in my  belief, but I can assure you that like all the Catholic's that I know I am appalled at this news.  For the most part people of all faiths just want to worship God and try as they might live up to his will. But alas we all fall from time to time. As our Blessed Lord once said, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone". 

I have total respect for you and your views....I am not upset with any of the Catholic people AT ALL it is the leaders that upset me...I did not explain.

But when our leaders are taking us down a bad path..I think we have the responsibility to put a stop to it

34 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch too... Every religion has their bad people and their good people. Condemning Islam, Judaism, Christians or any other faith because of a few bad apples is never a good idea. Look at the KKK should we condemn all protestants? Of course not.

B/A

Unfortunately this is soo true. There are good leaders and poor leaders in all religions. IMO The leaders are responsible to their flock and their fate

21 minutes ago, pattyangel said:

You are right...It is the leaders that have made mistakes....especially in this article.

Noone is perfect..NO ONE. I understand that...more than anyone...but if you are doing wrong...going out and condemning people for doing what you just did...then go back and do it again...man I just do not agree with that. 

God knows I am not perfect.dealing with that as we speak..but to profess you are perfect ( which I have heard priests say) then to find out they have done terrible unchristian things....man that is just wrong.

By no means have I meant to insult anyone here...or your belief. I am just expressing my personal experience, it was not good....then when I see things like this..FOR ME it cements my feelings of the leaders.

BUT THAT BEING SAID

Another wonderful member here text me about my comment...and he has a wonderful point as well....he follows the Lord, but takes what the leaders say and do with hesitation. He commented that God gave him a brain, and expects him to use it and the knowledge he has, and just because a human behind a pulpit tells him to do something, or tells him that something is good or bad...that he should use his brain, pray about it and use the common sense that God gave hi to decided what is best for him and his family.....(paraphrasing)

but I think this is wonderful advice 

• Upvote 4

Snowglobe, I have to clarify myself.  My response was an in "general" reponse to anyone who can be judgmentable about any faith not just Catholics.  It was not directed at you my friend.  I as well agree with your statement above. Priest are human and they will fall for temptation, desires of the flesh...and should be reckon with, if not with mans laws,  with God.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, tankdude said:

Well said Patty - one of the reasons I call myself a practicing Catholic - because if I keep practicing maybe someday I can get it right....

Ain't that the truth my brother. 

2 hours ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

I have total respect for you and your views....I am not upset with any of the Catholic people AT ALL it is the leaders that upset me...I did not explain.

But when our leaders are taking us down a bad path..I think we have the responsibility to put a stop to it

Unfortunately this is soo true. There are good leaders and poor leaders in all religions. IMO The leaders are responsible to their flock and their fate

You are right...It is the leaders that have made mistakes....especially in this article.

Noone is perfect..NO ONE. I understand that...more than anyone...but if you are doing wrong...going out and condemning people for doing what you just did...then go back and do it again...man I just do not agree with that. 

God knows I am not perfect.dealing with that as we speak..but to profess you are perfect ( which I have heard priests say) then to find out they have done terrible unchristian things....man that is just wrong.

By no means have I meant to insult anyone here...or your belief. I am just expressing my personal experience, it was not good....then when I see things like this..FOR ME it cements my feelings of the leaders.

BUT THAT BEING SAID

Another wonderful member here text me about my comment...and he has a wonderful point as well....he follows the Lord, but takes what the leaders say and do with hesitation. He commented that God gave him a brain, and expects him to use it and the knowledge he has, and just because a human behind a pulpit tells him to do something, or tells him that something is good or bad...that he should use his brain, pray about it and use the common sense that God gave hi to decided what is best for him and his family.....(paraphrasing)

but I think this is wonderful advice 

Bravo Kiki, now come here and let Daddy give you a belly rub. :lol:

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Look at the KKK should we condemn all protestants? Of course not.

Of course not, indeed.  It shouldn't even be a consideration.  The Klan was never Christian.

• "Despite the efforts of the Klan to highlight its ties to Protestant Christianity, the order faced opposition from ministers, church councils and other Christians. In 1922, the Federal Council of Churches recorded its conviction that the rise of secret organizations “whose activities have the effect of arousing religious prejudice and racial consequences [is] fraught with grave consequences to church and society at large.”

• "Other detractors were more strident in their denunciations. Anti-Klan lecturer and author W.C. Witcher denounced the Klan’s claims to 100% Americanism, Christianity and lawfulness. He also derided the order’s conflation of nationalism and religion. Witcher feared that the order would damage Christianity, arguing “If the Klan is a religious organization it will destroy the Christian religion, unless it is destroyed itself.”

• "Former Klansman Henry Fry also voiced his opposition to the order and declared its brand of Christianity to be false and blasphemous. In a public letter to the Klan, Fry documented the supposed egregious behaviors of the Klan—including fraud, financial scheming and lawlessness—and its insult to religion.  Witcher and Fry were examples of Protestant Christians who denounced the order for religious reasons."

What becomes clear is that Klansmen hijacked the "Christian religion," to legitimize their sense of racial superiority just as the Nazi's hijacked Lutherisim in the 30's.

“Ku Klux Disowned By Churches,” The Savannah Tribune, 37:52 (October 12, 1922), 1.

“Terror Reign Seen If Klan Is Allowed To Exist,” Fort Worth Star Telegram, 42:98 (May 9, 1922), 7.

“Man Who Was A Member Denounces K.K.K. As An Insult to Christians,” Dallas Morning News, (September 7, 1921), 1, 2.

GH

• Upvote 4

I think Mr. Jefferson got it right, a long time ago.

Thanks Snow Globe, these things are too often ignored and winked at. In the case of the catholic

organization, I also have thought the celibacy oath was insane. How could anyone ever think it was

"ok" to hinder a person from experiencing a loving relationship with another? The end result is too often

destructive, as with many things religion offers. The heart and mind should never be placed under

any form of enslavement.

gplus-889643681.jpg

• Upvote 5

On 7/5/2017 at 8:21 PM, pokerplayer said:

Sad really. I blame the bulk of the Catholic Churches problems on the vow of celibacy. Animal instincts are bound to surface no matter how hard one tries.

pp

That is what I have always thought also PP. My parents were raised catholic, and always had issues with

the celibacy oath, along with many other things. It got to a point where they simply stopped participating

due to so many changing proclamations, etc., over the years.

Most of my family and relatives were catholic also, that was their choice. I participated as a child due to

having no choice and thankfully I was not one of those who were taken advantage of.

There are many wonderful things this organization has accomplished to help others,

no doubt, but they are one in a long list of religious labels that have at one time or another abused

people, and that is never right. That manner of abuse can be particularly brutal under religious tyranny

no matter what the label is.

• Upvote 6

On 7/5/2017 at 7:21 PM, pokerplayer said:

Sad really. I blame the bulk of the Catholic Churches problems on the vow of celibacy. Animal instincts are bound to surface no matter how hard one tries.

pp

I would be in more agreement with you if the sex happened between men and women but it is difficult for me to believe celibacy creates pedophiles and homosexuals.   I honestly believe these people already have these proclivities before entering the service of priesthood. Many innocent altar boys have been molested by priests throughout decades, maybe centuries and the thought breaks my heart. 

• Upvote 4

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, Jim1cor13 said:

I think Mr. Jefferson got it right, a long time ago.

Thanks Snow Globe, these things are too often ignored and winked at. In the case of the catholic

organization, I also have thought the celibacy oath was insane. How could anyone ever think it was

"ok" to hinder a person from experiencing a loving relationship with another? The end result is too often

destructive, as with many things religion offers. The heart and mind should never be placed under

any form of enslavement.

gplus-889643681.jpg

Yup created by man to control man. Give them something to fear and something to give them hope and when combined you have control...

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1