Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The coordinating body between the provinces is considering holding elections and confirms: America is a friend and Iran is a neighbor

Thank you Synopsis for your detailed and informative perspective. Your knowledge and attention to the facts, on a myriad of topics is invaluable. I can only hope to be as articulate and insightful in the future, Thus my simplistic and condensed post.

My opinion and my opinion only, from what I have understood that has been written recently, regarding the election ;

We should know ( I am looking for ) the results of the election for the seat of Prime Minister in the next 48 hours or so.

The election of the 326 seats in Parliament, with approx. 7000 candidates may take a bit longer for the results to appear. For sure more than 1 candidate :rolleyes: will cry "foul" and make a big fuss about losing.

The June 30 date which ends the current terms for the elected officials in Iraq, is similar to the US  elections. The results are know in November with the swearing in ceremony of the newly elected politicians  taking place in January. 

Thus we enter in to the "lame duck" period in Iraq, mid May to June 30.

My  :twocents: and my :twocents: only

Semper Fi:salute:

GO RV :backflip:

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Hotcurl said:

Thank you Synopsis for your detailed and informative perspective. Your knowledge and attention to the facts, on a myriad of topics is invaluable. I can only hope to be as articulate and insightful in the future, Thus my simplistic and condensed post.

My opinion and my opinion only, from what I have understood that has been written recently, regarding the election ;

We should know ( I am looking for ) the results of the election for the seat of Prime Minister in the next 48 hours or so.

The election of the 326 seats in Parliament, with approx. 7000 candidates may take a bit longer for the results to appear. For sure more than 1 candidate :rolleyes: will cry "foul" and make a big fuss about losing.

The June 30 date which ends the current terms for the elected officials in Iraq, is similar to the US  elections. The results are know in November with the swearing in ceremony of the newly elected politicians  taking place in January. 

Hooah!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Iraq closes the doors of polling stations and opens a new political page of its history

Since 2018-05-12 at 17:58 (Baghdad time)

sdfeg.jpg

Mawazine News 
With the closure of the doors of polling stations across the country, Saturday, Iraqis hope to open a new page after the stage of urging reconstruction and improve services with the advent of the new government. 
And closed its doors at six o'clock in the evening after it opened at 7 am in the middle of the aspirations of a page and a bright page and start a bright page for future generations. 
And started on Saturday morning, the general election for the elections of the House of Representatives in Baghdad and all 18 provinces of Iraq, while witnessed the capital and cities to impose a curfew to increase the procedures to secure the elections, while Prime Minister Haider Abadi directive to cancel the curfew in all parts of Iraq.

• Upvote 1

Start the process of electronic counting and sorting of election results

From 2018-05-12 at 18:29 (Baghdad time)

qsqadeQWERWE.jpg

Baghdad - Mawazine News 
The Electoral Commission for elections in all its branches and offices in the provinces, Saturday, the process of counting and sorting the results of the election. 
And closed the ballot boxes for the general elections of the House of Representatives in Baghdad and all 18 provinces of Iraq, opened at six in the evening, after it opened at seven o'clock in the morning. 
The capital Baghdad and the rest of the provinces imposed a curfew in the procedures of securing elections. 
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Haider al-Abbadi issued a directive today to cancel the curfew in all parts of Iraq

• Upvote 1

UNHCR: The next hour will see the announcement of participation rates in the elections

Since 2018-05-12 at 21:01 (Baghdad time)

WEFER.jpg

Baghdad - Mawazine News 
The Director of Operations in the Electoral Commission Safa Jabri, on Saturday evening, that the Commission will announce its initial report and ratios during the next hour, noting that the Commission is currently receiving all funds and equipment from the polling stations. 
"The commission is currently printing all the preliminary results and distributing them to the political entities," Al-Jabri said in a televised statement. "The announcement of the percentages and the number of participants will be completed by 9:00 pm today," Al-Jabri said in a televised statement. 
"The results of the final elections will be announced within the next 48 hours "Noting that" the Commission will open the door to appeal to all political entities after the Declaration. "
The Prime Minister, General Commander of the Armed Forces Haider Abadi, thanked and grateful to the citizens and the armed forces on the success of the electoral process, noting that the liberated provinces have witnessed a free vote for the first time after the great victory and the defeat of a supporter.

• Upvote 1

Release date: 2018/5/12 16:35  638 times read
High participation rate after the invitation of her religious reference agent
(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The number of participants in the parliamentary electoral process rose on Saturday after the invitation of the Deputy Religious Authority Sheikh Mahdi Karbalai citizens to go to the polls for change.
"It is necessary not to reach the stage of despair to correct the course of state institutions," Sheikh Karbalai stressed during his vote in the general election today. 
"The hope remains the same as the history of the people who adopted this experience, especially since the supreme religious authority has shown that there is no alternative to the electoral process," he said. 
The director of the Karkh Committee Raad Numan said that the process of voting for the Iraqi parliamentary elections on Saturday, is going well and turnout is increasing. 
Al-Nu'man said in a press statement today that "since the morning began the proportions between the increase and decrease vary between regions," noting that "there are many areas of Baghdad within the Karkh sector is very popular, which forced us to stop work in some centers for a few minutes to organize crowds" .
"In general, talk about the ratios is still in the middle of the convergence rate exceeded 15%, and now the talk is more than double the rate of turnout in Tzadi Sadid." 
He pointed out that "we have displaced people living in displacement camps did not get their cards and the Commission began to cast their votes by allowing the two holders of the ballot card who has the loss of the ball to cast their votes."
  • Upvote 1

Date of release: 2018/5/12 17:56 • 120 times read
Muthanna Commission: 47% of the voting in the general ballot
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) The Muthanna Commission announced on Saturday that the participation rate in the general vote in the legislative elections of the Iraqi Council of Representatives reached 47% in the province.
  • Upvote 1

Editorial Date: 1818/2018 • 169 times read
The polls are closed electronically throughout Iraq
(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The general ballot boxes for the Iraqi parliamentary elections closed at 6 pm on Saturday.
Millions of voters have gone to the polls today to vote in the Iraqi parliament's parliamentary elections. 
The rates of participation in the provinces varied, amid a high flow of polling stations and a heavy security deployment. 
The election commission set up two or three days to announce the results of Saturday's parliamentary elections. 
A member of the Board of Commissioners Hazem al-Ridini said in a press statement that the appeals - if any - will be received by observers and political entities after the announcement of the results for consideration, noting that the announcement of the final results will be after consideration of all appeals and then ratified.
  • Upvote 1

Release date: 2018/5/12 18:07  304 times read
{Baghdad: Al Furat News} Electoral Commission staff in the electoral centers began the process of registration and announcement of election results electronically within the electoral stations and in the presence of observers of political entities.
  • Upvote 1

Editorial date: 2018/5/12 18:33  91 times read
Dhi Qar Commission: 40% participation in the general ballot
(Baghdad: Al Furat News) The Dhi Qar Commission on Saturday that the participation rate in the general vote for the Iraqi parliamentary elections in the province amounted to 40%.
The assistant director of the Commission in Dhi Qar Tafir al-Zaidi told the {Euphrates News} today that "after 6 pm today, all polling stations were closed." 
"The participation rate in the province has increased from 38 percent to 40 percent," he said
  • Upvote 1

Editorial date: 2018/5/12 18:45  849 times read
Human Rights Commission: The percentage of general elections in Iraq is 37 percent
(Baghdad: al-Furat News) Revealed a member of the Commission on Human Rights in Iraq, Fadel al-Gharawi on the percentage of voting in the general ballot in all of Iraq.
"The voting rate in the general election is 37 percent, without the special vote to be added," he told AFP.
  • Upvote 1

Editorial Date: 2018/5/12 21:13  63 times read
Najaf Commission: Participation rate 55 في in Najaf
Baghdad: The Najaf Committee on Saturday, the participation of 373 thousand voters in the parliamentary elections of the Iraqi Council of Representatives out of the 671 thousand voters.
The participation rate was 55..
  • Upvote 1

Nineveh defies "da'ash" and records the highest rates of participation between the provinces

From 2018-05-12 at 20:14 (Baghdad time)

32294060_1105840859564855_27535258286408

BAGHDAD - 
A member of the Electoral Commission for elections in Iraq, Hazem al-Ridini, Saturday, the registration of the province of Nineveh, the highest proportion of participation in the parliamentary elections, followed by Baghdad ranked second. 
"We expect that the city of Mosul, the center of Nineveh, north of Baghdad, is the highest percentage among the rest of the country's provinces in the number of voters who participated in the vote on the parliamentary elections," he said in an interview with Sputnik. 
He pointed out that the result of the final percentage of the number of voters on the elections will be announced two hours after the closing of the polling stations, noting that the percentages currently range from one place to another is a guess we can not be declared. 
Nineveh province has witnessed massive sabotage operations and the killing and displacement of gangs before "gangs" criminal since 2014 until last year
On July 10, 2017, Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi announced the liberation of the city of Mosul, the center of Nineveh, north of Baghdad, which was the organization of the terrorist "da'ash", declared by the capital of an organization calling the criminal his alleged succession in Iraq in mid-2014.

• Upvote 1

Wasit Commission: Participation rate reached 48.2% in the province

From 2018-05-12 at 20:32 (Baghdad time)

1_88.jpg

Baghdad - Mawazine News 
The Electoral Commission in Wasit province, Saturday, that the participation rate in the general elections amounted to 48.2% in the province. 
The Office of the Electoral Commission in Wasit, in a statement received / Mawazine News, a copy of it, "the total number of voters in the province is 807 thousand," noting that "the number of those who voted is only 394072." 
The statement added that "the participation rate reached 48.2%." 
And closed the ballot boxes in the Iraqi parliamentary elections, its doors at six o'clock in the evening, after it opened at 7:00 am.

• Upvote 1

Electoral Commission in Diyala: The percentage of voting reached 49% in the province

Since 2018-05-12 at 21:04 (Baghdad time)

%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%89.png

Baghdad - Mawazine News 
The Electoral Commission in the province of Diyala, Saturday, the voting rate in the general ballot that took place today, amounted to 49% in the province. 
"The number of voters in the province is one million and 12,000," the Diyala office said in a statement received by Mawazine News. "The total number of voters exceeded only 500,000." 
He explained that "the percentage of voting in the province amounted to 49%." 
And closed the ballot boxes in the Iraqi parliamentary elections, its doors at six o'clock in the evening, after it opened at 7:00 am.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

The Best Of Your Weekend to You, Floridian!!! :tiphat:

The take away for me for the quoted statement in my post is Haider al-Abadi is still in office for this term while the immediacy of the results of the next Prime Minister is not as critical as the benefits of the reconstruction, economic development, and foreign investment to get going in Iraq as well as the completion of the necessary corruption removal process. I suspect immunity of key currently installed corrupt officials has been an issue but can be effectively dealt with once the election results are certified that should nominally be before Ramadan begins on nominally Tuesday, May 15. The prospects should get better over time to reelect Haider al-Abadi as the next Prime Minister even if Haider al-Abadi is not elected as Prime Minister before July 1 and no other Prime Minister has been elected. All this to say as well is if reconstruction, economic development, and foreign investment gets started with the process of removing the key corruption is accomplished, then the better it is for Haider al-Abadi to be elected as Prime Minister even if it takes months since Haider al-Abadi will serve as Prime Minister until the next Prime Minister gains a majority of Parliamentary seats - which, in my opinion, is highly likely to be Haider al-Abadi.

For the reconstruction, economic development, and foreign investment to begin, I strongly suspect Iraq will have to go to an "open economy" to effectively address the real time international transactions in an internationally traded IQD and away from the "closed economy" with the once a day during the work week corruption tainted CBI currency auctions. For an internationally traded IQD, I strongly suspect the IQD will have to have the real IQD value. I could be wrong here but this is my gut feel assessment where longer term currency imbalances would occur if the IQD entered internationally at the current program rate and then increased in value over time since the cheap IQD would be traded in significant volumes at the beginning and then have an enormous value later.

To favor Haider al-Abadi as well to be reelected as Prime Minister is the previous news articles stating the completion of the currency reform to be completed after the elections for the right environment. This apparently is the implementation of the removal of the three zeros. What this really means, what it will be, and when it will be remains to be seen so I am watching for news articles, like notification of the upcoming lower denomination Iraqi Dinar notes, to be released in the Iraqi news media. We may also be seeing heightened Iranian Republican Guard (IRGC) removal from Iraq as well as the capture or neutralization of Qasem Soleimaniya (leader of the IRGC in Iraq) by the Israeli Mossad since they were cleared (given the "green light") to do so. This should assist in removing the possibility of stirred up Sectarian Strife that may lead to Civil War as Nouri al-Maliki was signaling recently regarding contested election results. The United States Of America supported the May 12 elections so this tells me the election results are well within the plan to deal with any post election Sectarian Strife and Civil War inclinations. The decertification of the JCPOA regarding the Iranians coinciding with just prior to the election today tells me Iran could likely get pounded on heavily very soon so their influences in Iraq to include other countries is effectively neutralized. Israel, Saudi Arabia, and a few other regional countries as well as international countries likely see Iran as being crushed completely in the region to allow for unimpeded ascension of Iraq as a prosperous international trade partner.

Just my thoughts, opinion, and :twocents:

In The Mean Time.........................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

I like everything you wrote, especially this:

"For an internationally traded IQD, I strongly suspect the IQD will have to have the real IQD value. I could be wrong here but this is my gut feel assessment where longer term currency imbalances would occur if the IQD entered internationally at the current program rate and then increased in value over time since the cheap IQD would be traded in significant volumes at the beginning and then have an enormous value later." 

:praying:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Hotcurl said:

Thanks, Hotcurl.  😀

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to The coordinating body between the provinces is considering holding elections and confirms: America is a friend and Iran is a neighbor
  • yota691 locked this topic