Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump renews attack on ‘Fake News CNN’ after retraction

President Trump resumed beating his “fake news!” drum Tuesday, going off on CNN after the network retracted a story about alleged ties between Trump's allies and Russia. Three CNN journalists who had been involved in the story resigned after the retraction.

Trump, whose presidency has been hindered by persistent allegations of his campaign's inappropriate ties to the Russian government, lashed out at CNN in a series of tweets early Tuesday morning, insinuating that there were other stories that merited retracting.

“What about all the other phony stories they do? FAKE NEWS!” he wrote

About two hours later, Trump continued, tweeting without evidence that CNN was “looking at big management changes” in the wake of the retraction and that its ratings were “way down!”

A CNN Twitter account disputed the latter in a reply to the president.

A representative for the network did not immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday morning.

Trump also called out several other television networks — except for Fox News — as well as the New York Times and The Washington Post, and wondered when they, too, would be “caught.”

Trump has long had a contentious relationship with the media. Throughout his campaign, he regularly lashed out at the press, singling out news outlets as being “dishonest” and at one point barring The Washington Post from covering his events. Since his election, he has accused, without providing evidence or deeper arguments, certain media outlets of publishing “fake news.” Earlier this year, Trump dubbed the media “the enemy of the American People!” and broke with recent presidential tradition in skipping the White House correspondents' dinner. Instead, he held a Pennsylvania rally that same day — where he railed against the media.

The Post's Fact Checker recently compiled a timeline of every Russia story Trump alleged was a hoax by Democrats and found that, many times, Trump contradicted his own past statements or statements from members of his administration.

CNN has been a frequent target in Trump's tweets, which have described the network as everything from “unwatchable” to “the worst.”

The CNN story in question was removed from CNN.com last week and replaced with an editor's note that explained: “On June 22, 2017, CNN.com published a story connecting Anthony Scaramucci with investigations into the Russian Direct Investment Fund. That story did not meet CNN's editorial standards and has been retracted. Links to the story have been disabled. CNN apologizes to Mr. Scaramucci.”

Over the weekend, Scaramucci tweeted that he accepted CNN's apology and would be moving on.

Despite that, the network accepted the resignations Monday of reporter Thomas Frank and “CNN Investigates” editors Eric Lichtblau and Lex Haris. The story — which cited a single anonymous source and stated a “Russian investment fund with ties to Trump officials” was under investigation by Congress — did not follow some standard editorial processes during its preparation, according to CNN's Brian Stelter:

These types of stories are typically reviewed by several departments within CNN — including fact-checkers, journalism standards experts and lawyers — before publication.

This breakdown in editorial workflow disturbed the CNN executives who learned about it.

In a staff meeting Monday afternoon, investigative unit members were told that the retraction did not mean the facts of the story were necessarily wrong. Rather, it meant that “the story wasn't solid enough to publish as-is,” one of the people briefed on the investigation said.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, BJinMontreal said:

What's your point ? :blink:

CNN isn't Fake News? :wacko::facepalm1:

VERY Fake News!  :eyebrows:

DAeRBfRXoAEfWAR.jpg

#MoreTrustedThanCNN

Running hash tag on Twitter who/what is more trusted than #CNN?

Some answers:

1. Mexican tap water.
2. Brian Williams’ war stories.
3. Michael Jackson’s doctor.
4. Gas station sushi.
5. Bill Clinton
6. Blood transfusion from Charlie Sheen.

• Upvote 7

Sharyl Attkisson Outlines President Trump as DC’s Existential Threat…

Posted on June 26, 2017 

Sharyl Attkisson appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight for a discussion segment about the media, Washington DC, and President Trump as a threat to the established political order.

Attkisson presents a smart summary of President Trump, the media perspectives, and how his policies and agenda items represent an existential threat to the administrative state of DC.  

Good watch:

trump-fight-for-you.jpg?w=640&h=360

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/06/26/sharyl-attkisson-outlines-president-trump-as-dcs-existential-threat/

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Talk about fake news??? that's a Sinclair program. I used to work for Sinclair Broadcasting... They made our news department actually do fake stories and they were fined for it by the FCC. The President David Smith was busted for picking up prostitutes in Baltimore... Look it up.

B/A

Wait. What part of the u-tube is fake? The information? :confused2:

Edited by nstoolman1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Talk about fake news??? that's a Sinclair program. I used to work for Sinclair Broadcasting... They made our news department actually do fake stories and they were fined for it by the FCC. The President David Smith was busted for picking up prostitutes in Baltimore... Look it up.

B/A

So personal choices of a company's employee delegitimize the whole organization . Yet article after article after article proven to be wrong, false to you,  is coincidental

and doesn't delegitimize that news prompter reading company?  Boston, Boston that theory doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, new york kevin said:

So personal choices of a company's employee delegitimize the whole organization . Yet article after article after article proven to be wrong, false to you,  is coincidental

and doesn't delegitimize that news prompter reading company?  Boston, Boston that theory doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

I'm not sure of your meaning... I worked for this company, management ordered reporters to do fake news stories and they were fined by the FCC. They are a sleazy company run by a couple of brothers who pretend to be god fearing Christians, but pick up hookers... If that is your idea of a good news source more power to you. You should buy their stock and help keep them in business going.

B/A

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

34 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Hey Rush, got any Quaaludes you can spare? Dope head, zero credibility...

So when one makes a mistake and admits to it, your the crucifier for life..very telling about yourself. So how many mistake have you made in life, I made many and learn from them, I bet you think your perfect...don't ya....

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, yota691 said:

So when one makes a mistake and admits to it, your the crucifier for life..very telling about yourself. So how many mistake have you made in life, I made many and learn from them, I bet you think your perfect...don't ya....

Nope, I've made many mistakes and have learned from them, but I haven't made a career out of judging people, berating people or pretending that I'm holier than thou. He reminds me of Dr. Phil. A guy who is cashing in by tearing others down, while forgetting their personal mistakes. In the nineties I loved to listen to Rush. He was funny and entertaining, but he became an angry blowhard. And don't forget, most of his comments for years were delivered under the influence. I don't know if you ever have been high on opioids, but if you have you would understand your ability to keep facts straight is quite blurred and distorted.

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

For the sake of honestsy, who here is willing to admit fake news is also generated from the right?....any takers?  CNN just unzipped it's fly...who else has the stones to do the same?  B)

GO RV, then BV

I'll agree with that statement.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You mean like you do EVERY DAY to Trump and his supporters?

I don't judge, I bring news articles for everyone to enjoy. I started this thread to show CNN announced their mistake and give Fox and friends something to read. Sorry if this upsets folks.. I thought it was refreshing for a national media outlet to put their error on the frontline... Wouldn't it be nice if all the media did the same...

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

BOOMERANG ! :bravo:

Don't let up on 'em President Trump !  :tiphat:

The MSM is one of the Tap Roots of the dastardly swamp vine strangling this Republic !  :angry:

And the whining reporters - who apparently can't do their jobs if they can't appear on camera - are fragile little morons now

screaming classic lefty-loon victim-hood !   Waahh..! :lol:

Whatta joke these little tools-for-evil are...     wow -- cry me a river... :P

Discredited, shamed, outed, caught red-handed, outright lying, colluding, manufacturing FAKE NEWS, trying to control the narrative...

Wait... all THAT sounds just like SUSAN RICE and LowRenta Lynch !    :huh:

Seems they all took the exact same marching orders from the  same deep state ...  :mellow: 

Coincidence...? <_<    WISE UP.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bostonangler said:

I don't judge, I bring news articles for everyone to enjoy. I started this thread to show CNN announced trxheir mistake and give Fox and friends something to read. Sorry if this upsets folks.. I thought it was refreshing for a national media outlet to put their error on the frontline... Wouldn't it be nice if all the media did the same...

B/A

I don't mean  to harp on you but I have to point out something.

For 8 yrs we had to endure the agony of Obutthead but I didn't spend all my time attacking himEVERY DAY. Sure I took my shots like everyone else butit wasn't a constant barrage. You cannot say the same about Trump.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I don't mean  to harp on you but I have to point out something.

For 8 yrs we had to endure the agony of Obutthead but I didn't spend all my time attacking himEVERY DAY. Sure I took my shots like everyone else butit wasn't a constant barrage. You cannot say the same about Trump.

After Bush, Obama was a breeze, I only hope Trump can actually get something done besides cash in for his family, but it doesn't look like anyone wants to play along with him.

B/A