Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sheriff Clarke Calls Out CNN for 'Electronic Terrorism'

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

As always, Sister, you state it so much more eloquently than I am capable of. :praying:

Is this where ya'll have decided that all Democrats stand against Jesus Christ or am I reading this wrong?  The Lord has not given me the ability to read or know another's heart, apparently Catholics have a inner being of knowing these things opposed to Baptist or other denominations......God's word tells me that He, the Father is the one that knows and justifies, not man and His thoughts of what should be.    My point here in the beginning was that God does not show FAVORITISM, He will have His own Kingdom of people for His glory regardless of party, platform, race or color.  Not all Dems believe in abortion and even if all did,  God will and can change that heart in a twinkle of the eye.  To call Dems hell bound is not only wrong but makes God less sovereign, Holy and the mighty God that He is.  I find it offensive to all Christians to insinuate such a false claim.  If one is going to use or quote scripture, please do so the way God intended and not to prove a point to fit ones own agenda.   Many may appauld you for doing so but I call it twisting and plain old heresy to benefit false belief for others to fall prey unto........not here to offend but I see and read this almost everyday in these threads.   Speak His word in truth or don't speak it at all.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

Is this where ya'll have decided that all Democrats stand against Jesus Christ or am I reading this wrong?  The Lord has not given me the ability to read or know another's heart, apparently Catholics have a inner being of knowing these things opposed to Baptist or other denominations......God's word tells me that He, the Father is the one that knows and justifies, not man and His thoughts of what should be.    My point here in the beginning was that God does not show FAVORITISM, He will have His own Kingdom of people for His glory regardless of party, platform, race or color.  Not all Dems believe in abortion and even if all did,  God will and can change that heart in a twinkle of the eye.  To call Dems hell bound is not only wrong but makes God less sovereign, Holy and the mighty God that He is.  I find it offensive to all Christians to insinuate such a false claim.  If one is going to use or quote scripture, please do so the way God intended and not to prove a point to fit ones own agenda.   Many may appauld you for doing so but I call it twisting and plain old heresy to benefit false belief for others to fall prey unto........not here to offend but I see and read this almost everyday in these threads.   Speak His word in truth or don't speak it at all.

There is so much here that I could say but alas I must restrain. It is not good that we who claim to be children of God bring before the entire world what is a debate better left to private dissertations. I would like only to reiterate what I've already stated and that is that my original post were surrounded by :lmao: thus indicating my attempt at humor and not a sincere judgement. Please forgive me for offending you. You now have the board. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, learning all i can said:

No one has decided who stands against Jesus Christ. No one can read or know another's heart, not Catholic's, Baptist, Jews, Non-Denominational, and Calvinist.  You are correct, God show's no favoritism.  You are correct, there are good and bad Democrats and Republicans.  We all have free will to change our hearts, with the love of Christ.  If darkness lingers in a weak soul, then only God can judge. 

You say speak His word in truth or don't speak it at all.  We all believe that what we state is truth, its a matter how God uses us in sharing the truth. 

I believe LGD was not intending to offend.  But to express is sarcastic opinion, as he mentioned.  LOL!!!   

Christian platform is God, no if's what's or but's about it.  God is my party.

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, pattyangel said:

No one has decided who stands against Jesus Christ. No one can read or know another's heart, not Catholic's, Baptist, Jews, Non-Denominational, and Calvinist.  You are correct, God show's no favoritism.  You are correct, there are good and bad Democrats and Republicans.  We all have free will to change our hearts, with the love of Christ.  If darkness lingers in a weak soul, then only God can judge. 

You say speak His word in truth or don't speak it at all.  We all believe that what we state is truth, its a matter how God uses us in sharing the truth. 

I believe LGD was not intending to offend.  But to express is sarcastic opinion, as he mentioned.  LOL!!!   

Christian platform is God, no if's what's or but's about it.  God is my party.

Patty, I'm glad you mentioned all of this. Was this sarcastic opinion you speak of inspired by the Holy Spirit or what the Holy Spirit put in his heart? This is what he stated!    Please read back and find it for yourself...   Also, do we use scripture to make sarcastic jokes about others that have not yet come to know our Lord.  For some reason, I thought scripture was used to share the true gospel of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ that they may too be brought to His saving grace.  Am I confused?  Rights, right and wrong is wrong.  Your a big girl and you know the Lord, you decide which is worth defending......Patty,Patty...we've had our differences but just because Scotty declares Catholicism now, you have to decide whether or not right or wrong has been set in motion.....pick wisely.....Holy Spirit inspired?  Using Scripture as tongue-in-cheek or what scripture really says.....you be the judge....this ones on you.

barb

• Downvote 3

One more thing Patty, I'm not asking for your defense....I'm asking for you to truely look at our Lord  and whats right in His eyes......not mine for I still have many scales.... Our way is not the Lord's way....we still look at self and our likes and dislikes, also our egos and pride lingers whether we like it or not.......I know surely you will try to see the Lord's way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

One more thing Patty, I'm not asking for your defense....I'm asking for you to truely look at our Lord  and whats right in His eyes......not mine for I still have many scales.... Our way is not the Lord's way....we still look at self and our likes and dislikes, also our egos and pride lingers whether we like it or not.......I know surely you will try to see the Lord's way.

Okay sarcasm, humor tongue in cheek, and laughing icons were all used in LGDs post. And no he did not use scripture in this way.  It was the statement after scripture was quoted, that he mentioned his since of humor or sarcasm. You and I both know that the Holy Spirit does not work this way.  I don't know if you're intentionally twisting his words, or if he's leaving commas out or what, for you to interpret it this way is beyond me.  Come on Barb, you know better then to even consider that he would suggest this of the Holy Spirit.  LGD speaks of the Holy Spirit speaks with him.  What's wrong with that.  Many believe the Holy Spirit work this way.  What's wrong with that.  It's how we use it, good or bad.  I don't see bad, do you.  Catholicism is just a title, faith is what counts.  You tend to question  people of the Catholic faith, that's your choice.  I say don't be to hasty in questioning ones faith until we examine our own.  Don't answer because after this post I won't argue or debate what can't be debated.  It's hard to have a conversation with someone who has their judgmental view on a subject that means dearly to both of us.   I understand full well what your relaying in your writings.  I see no differences in the love we share with our Lord.  I see no separation of difference in our belief.  Scripture is there to be absorb, not dissected, or interpret differently from what was written.  I take scripture in the most simplest form to help me through life's journey.  That's just me and it works for me.  The love I have for my Lord and His love for me is what has made me who I am today.  Faith is a beautiful gift, forgiveness is beautiful. 

I'm asking you as well to look at our Lord and what is right in His loving eyes. 

Barb, if it makes you feel any better, know in my heart that I see the Lord's way, I don't need a title, party or platform to tell me otherwise. 

Individuals need to understand that its not about party affiliation, its about the moral conscience that makes this nation great. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, learning all i can said:

apparently Catholics have a inner being of knowing these things opposed to Baptist or other denominations.

We have never spoken to each other so this is a tough way to start a dialogue, but I take exception to your sarcastic statement.

Catholics do not have any more "connection" to god than the average human.

peter was the first pope. Matthew 16:18 Jesus said unequivocally :And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

i do not argue with Jesus.

it seems to me that the other Christian based religions came after the original church.

the only requirement to go to heaven is simple.

john 14:16 

Jesus said unto him, I AM the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes unto the Father, but by me.

i was a proud and foolish azz in my younger life committed many sins.

the Catholic Church has shown me the way to die to myself and live for others.

but I cannot abide sarcasm against what I believe in.

therfore I ask you to not be sarcastic about my faith. 

I will not be sarcastic to you about yours.

• Upvote 4

Well Patty, I know you ask that I not reply but you have left me with little choice... I never intended this to be a debate nor have I cast judgement on you, your denomination or any affiliation of any party or choice of beliefs.    That is what brought my attention by another to begin with.  Now you can read others responses and take it however you see it or feel fit.  I personally have problems with condemnation of a whole sect which our Lord has not deemed righteous or bound to hell because   OUR opinions.   Now you can blame me if you like and I'll gladly accept your blame but my words have had no judgement of anyone.  I have clearly defended the word of God and the truths He has laid before us in His word.  If you and others can twist that then I have nothing else that can or will convince you otherwise.  You can get mad, glad or just down right hate me but I still stand by not using scripture to use as ones own advantage or make jokes about.  As I said before...you choose and be happy with you chose

5 minutes ago, Muleslayer said:

We have never spoken to each other so this is a tough way to start a dialogue, but I take exception to your sarcastic statement.

peter was the first pope. Matthew 16:18 Jesus said unequivocally :And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

it seems to me that the other Christian based religions came after the original church.

Jesus said unto him, I AM the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes unto the Father, but by me.

This statement was not intended or directed to the Catholic Church and it's believers, it was directed to the one or ones that ones that judge and cast stones at other political belief other than Republican......you would be wise to reread before you accuse another of something that is not so

Any political belief that does not honor God and his laws should be condemn.  So to say ones party, Democrat or Republican is nicer than the other is ridiculous.  Call it as you wish, casting stones or judging, but l do understand clearly what pattyangel is saying, it's not about parties, it's about individuals moral conscience.

And why can't we have a sense of humor attached to scripture...:)

as long as it is not blasphemous.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Muleslayer said:

:twothumbs: 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, pokerplayer said:

Agreed Muleslayer. Barb can be one sided and heaven help you if you disagree. She no like that.  Oh well I may be getting some rubies for it but you my friend are bang on. +1 and well deserved.

pp

Thank you dear. I have only one emerald to give but it is yours.

• Upvote 2

Just to put a little clarification on proper liturgy, the word Catholic doesn't mean what some think it does

Question: "What is the meaning/definition of the word Catholic?"

Answer: 
The word catholic literally means "universal," as in "the universal church." It originally was applied to all Christians because we are all part of the universal church in the way that we are all members of the Body of Christ. The Latin word is catholicus, and in Greek it is katholikos, from the Greek phrase meaning "on the whole, according to the whole or in general." The word in English can mean "including a wide variety of things; all-embracing," or "of the Roman Catholic faith," or "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church.”

Jesus led his apostles and some disciples on a long trek northward. The snowcapped peak of Mount Hermon, at the northernmost limit of the Promised Land, was at times visible even from the blue waters of the Sea of Galilee. Gradually, that mountain loomed higher as the group approached, following the rising terrain up to the villages near Caesarea Philippi. In this lovely setting, with a perspective over much of the Promised Land to the south, Jesus asked his followers an important question.

“Who are the crowds saying that I am?” he wanted to know. We can just imagine Peter looking into Jesus’ keen eyes, sensing again his Master’s kindness and his powerful, clear intelligence. Jesus was interested in the conclusions his audiences were drawing from what they saw and heard. Jesus’ disciples answered the question, repeating some of the popular misconceptions surrounding Jesus’ identity. But Jesus wanted to know more. Were his closest followers making the same mistakes? “You, though, who do you say I am?” he asked.—Luke 9:18-20.

Again, Peter was quick to respond. He put into clear, bold words the conclusion that had formed in the hearts of many there. “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God,” he said. We can imagine Jesus giving Peter a smile of approval as He commended him warmly. Jesus reminded Peter that it was Jehovah God—not any man—who had made this vital truth so plain to those with genuine faith. Peter had been enabled to discern one of the greatest truths Jehovah had yet revealed—the identity of the long-promised Messiah, or Christ!—Read Matthew 16:16, 17.

This Christ was the one called in ancient prophecy a stone that the builders would reject. (Ps. 118:22; Luke 20:17) With such prophecies in mind, Jesus revealed that Jehovah would establish a congregation on the very stone, or rock-mass, that Peter had just identified. Then he bestowed on Peter some very important privileges in that congregation. He did not give Peter primacy over the other apostles, as some have assumed, but he gave him responsibilities. He gave Peter “the keys of the kingdom.” (Matt. 16:19) It would be Peter’s privilege to open the hope of entering God’s Kingdom to three different fields of mankind—first to the Jews, then to the Samaritans, and finally to the Gentiles, or non-Jews.

Was Peter the “rock” on which the church was built?

At Matthew 16:18, Jesus said to the apostle Peter: “And I tell you, you are Peter [Greek, Pe′tros], and on this rock [Greek, pe′tra] I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.” (RS) Based on this, the Catholic Church claims that Jesus built his church on Peter, who, they say, was the first of an unbroken line of bishops of Rome, and Peter’s successors.

Who was the rock that Jesus indicated at Matthew 16:18, Peter or Jesus? The context shows that the point of the discussion was the identification of Jesus as “the Christ, the Son of the living God,” as Peter himself confessed. (Matthew 16:16, RS) Logically, therefore, Jesus himself would be that solid rock foundation of the church, not Peter, who would later deny Christ three times.—Matthew 26:33-35, 69-75.

How do we know that Christ is the foundation stone? By Peter’s own testimony, when he wrote: “Coming to him as to a living stone, rejected, it is true, by men, but chosen, precious, with God . . . For it is contained in Scripture: ‘Look! I am laying in Zion a stone, chosen, a foundation cornerstone, precious; and no one exercising faith in it will by any means come to disappointment.’” Paul also stated: “And you have been built up upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, while Christ Jesus himself is the foundation cornerstone.”—1 Peter 2:4-8; Ephesians 2:20.

There is no evidence in Scripture or history that Peter was regarded as having primacy among his peers. He makes no mention of it in his own letters, and the other three Gospels—including Mark’s (apparently related by Peter to Mark)—do not even mention Jesus’ statement to Peter.—Luke 22:24-26; Acts 15:6-22; Galatians 2:11-14.

There is not even any absolute proof that Peter was ever in Rome. (1 Peter 5:13) When Paul visited Jerusalem, “James and Cephas [Peter] and John, the ones who seemed to be pillars,” gave him support. So at that time Peter was one of at least three pillars in the congregation. He was not a “pope,” nor was he known as such or as a primate “bishop” in Jerusalem.—Galatians 2:7-9; Acts 28:16, 30, 31.

What was the belief of Augustine (who was viewed as a saint by the Catholic Church)?

“In this same period of my priesthood, I also wrote a book against a letter of Donatus . . . In a passage in this book, I said about the Apostle Peter: ‘On him as on a rock the Church was built.’ . . . But I know that very frequently at a later time, I so explained what the Lord said: ‘Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church,’ that it be understood as built upon Him whom Peter confessed saying: ‘Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God,’ and so Peter, called after this rock, represented the person of the Church which is built upon this rock, and has received ‘the keys of the kingdom of heaven.’ For, ‘Thou art Peter’ and not ‘Thou art the rock’ was said to him. But ‘the rock was Christ,’ in confessing whom as also the whole Church confesses, Simon was called Peter.”—The Fathers of the Church—Saint Augustine, the Retractations (Washington, D.C.; 1968), translated by Mary I. Bogan, Book I, p. 90.

Did the other apostles view Peter as having primacy among them?

Luke 22:24-26, JB: “A dispute arose also between them [the apostles] about which should be reckoned the greatest, but he said to them, ‘Among pagans it is the kings who lord it over them, and those who have authority over them are given the title Benefactor. This must not happen with you.’” (If Peter were the “rock,” would there have been any question as to which one of them “should be reckoned the greatest”?)

Since Jesus Christ, the head of the congregation, is alive, does he need successors?

Heb. 7:23-25, JB: “Then there used to be a great number of those other priests [in Israel], because death put an end to each one of them; but this one [Jesus Christ], because he remains for ever, can never lose his priesthood. It follows, then, that his power to save is utterly certain, since he is living for ever to intercede for all who come to God through him.”

Continue to seek understanding of God from the bible Acts 17:2; “and stop being molded by this system of things, but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” (Romans 12:2) Read; Eph 4:23.

Fly  : )

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There’s a lot of confusion in this thread and the blind leading of the blind; keeping in mind 2Cor 11:14 and the words Jesus spoke at John 18:36; explain how the states are a Christian Nation and which party should a true Christian rally their support behind (be voting for)?  

Then Jesus went on to say to the Jews who had believed him: “If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33 They replied to him: “We are Abraham’s offspring and never have been slaves to anyone. How is it you say, ‘You will become free’?” 34 Jesus answered them: “Most truly I say to you, every doer of sin is a slave of sin. 35 Moreover, the slave does not remain in the household forever; the son remains forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be truly free. 37 I know that you are Abraham’s offspring. But you are seeking to kill me, because my word makes no progress among you. 38 I speak the things I have seen while with my Father, but you do the things you have heard from your father.” 39 In answer they said to him: “Our father is Abraham.” Jesus said to them: “If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing the works of Abraham. 40 But now you are seeking to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You are doing the works of your father.” They said to him: “We were not born from immorality; we have one Father, God.”

42 Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot listen to my word. 44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Who of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it that you do not believe me? 47 The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God.” (John 8:31-47)

• Upvote 1