Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament likely to defer the second session

:huh::mad:

Parliament likely to defer the second session

Sunday, July 11th 2010 4:00 PM

Erbil, July 11 (AKnews) – The outgoing Deputy Speaker of the Iraqi Parliament said today that the second Parliamentary session due to be held on July 13 is not likely to take place on time.

"Tomorrow the Parliamentary blocs will meet to decide whether to hold the second session of the Parliament or defer it to another date", 'Arif Tayfur told AKnews on Sunday.

"Apparently the session is not going to be held on Tuesday because the parties have not reached an agreement for the senior positions", he added.

The Iraqi Parliamentary elections were held on March 7, and the results were announced on the 26th the same month.

The outcomes showed the progress of al-Iraqia List, led by Iyad Allawi by gaining 91 seats, over the other Iraqi lists. The State of Law Coalition, headed by the outgoing Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki won 89 seats, while the Iraqi National Alliance (INA) secured 70 seats and Kurdistani Coalition List came in the fourth place by obtaining 43 seats.

However, the Kurdish lists entered an alliance after the elections, called Kurdish Factions Alliance (KFA), with 57 seats.

On June 1st the Iraqi Federal Court ratified the outcomes of the parliamentary elections and on 14th the same month the new Iraqi Parliament convened its first session.

In the second session the MPs should name the Iraqi President and the Speaker of the Parliament, along with his two Deputies.

Tayfur believed that postponing the due session is not of any legal consequences, arguing "In fact, leaving the first session open was in breach of the Constitution and this violation may continue till the parties finally agree on the key positions".

Lh (AKnews)

letting these people make decisions and beg for money is comared to our average 5th grade class when the teacher is out.we must bring in discipline they need to understand things dont revolve around their bs.1st make stealing from the people a capital crime.2nd rewrite their constitution for a 3rd grader not one politician from parliment incoming or out going should recieve a penny of pay until all is resolved.

• Upvote 1

If you had 2 Billion dollars pouring in each day from the US, why would you care if a government ever get's seated. I will say what others are thinking but don't want to say, There will be no RV this year. If you read what is going on over there, then you would know that they are not even close. jmo.

• Upvote 2

I don't buy it. More smoke and mirrors.

They don't have to agree on the 3 positions at that time. They just have to get Talabani in, and that much doesn't seem to be seriously in dispute.

Maynard

Gotta agree with ya bro. You hit it head on, smoke and mirrors baby.

If you had 2 Billion dollars pouring in each day from the US, why would you care if a government ever get's seated. I will say what others are thinking but don't want to say, There will be no RV this year. If you read what is going on over there, then you would know that they are not even close. jmo.

I concur, Maybe the USA should stop sending money and let the Iraqis either fend for themselves

or we simply take over and do whats necessary to get their gov't going...... I would simply shut off

the money supply.

Another thing.......... If the Iraqis don't move too quick do you think that the US (Iraq hopes?) will

leave the troops around longer say past August and into December? Maybe that's the way Iraq is thinking.......

After all, they seem to be doing everything backwards.........

I agree with Maynard on this & some of the others... every single news story that has come over the last few days has been completely contradictory to the one before it. Don't get me wrong - it would not surprise me for them to attempt this. But if the extreme back & forth contradiction wasn't enough to get me to raise an eyebrow, then knowing there are some major players in the game that will beat somebody w/ a stick if this happens, sure does. I'm waitin' it out. We'll see soon enough what comes to pass. Oh & K98, ditto :)

Regardless of all these reports coming out, whether they are true or not, the date is almost upon them. The US/UN will probably be the ones to establish the goverenment and get things on track. Iraq will never agree on anything of importance. Just continue to agrue and bicker like a bunch of kids.

Edited by stoger1
  • Upvote 1