Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Did I purchase Counterfeit Dinars???

I got on this rollercoaster ride back in 2010 by purchasing dinar through two different dealers. I was told at the time that both were very reputable and so I bought in. Now as this ride is looking like it may be coming to a close (Please God, I pray) I had the thought that what if I purchased counterfeit dinars through "dealers" that were just trying to take advantage. I have NO reason to suspect this but just have had the thought a few times in the last couple of months that I need to verify.

I have been a lurker on this site for about 5 years and use it for all of my information Dinar related. So I would pose the question regarding authenticity of Dinars acquired through: Dinar Trade and Dinar Banker (Sterling currency group) both packages came with certificates of authenticity. Again, I have no reason to suspect the currency is counterfeit. My thought was to verify and to get more from another source (bank) if it was suspected by anyone else. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hi Joenaturopath, you can go to the CBI web site and verify the authenticity of your notes. Not sure which denominations you have but perhaps this link can help you out. I'm sure your notes are fine, I purchased mine from what was then Dinar Trade and also received a certificate of authenticity. 

http://www.banknotenews.com/files/tag-iraq.php

All the best :tiphat:

• Upvote 7

Thanks for the reassurance and resources Wiljor, Rmc10, and ChuckFinley.

To answer your question Chuck about what makes me think there is a problem. Nothing. As I said I have been invested since 2010 and personally believe this ride may be coming to an end soon. I just had a thought that IF the dinar I purchased were counterfeit then the opportunity would be lost if I found out after the RV. So I thought to ask and see what the DV community had to say.

It was just a questioning mind needing to be reassured. I have NO Indications that the notes that are in my possession are counterfeit. I am just looking to verify.

Thanks again.

Dr. Joe

• Upvote 3

On June 8, 2017 at 5:39 PM, Joenaturopath said:

Thanks for the reassurance and resources Wiljor, Rmc10, and ChuckFinley.

To answer your question Chuck about what makes me think there is a problem. Nothing. As I said I have been invested since 2010 and personally believe this ride may be coming to an end soon. I just had a thought that IF the dinar I purchased were counterfeit then the opportunity would be lost if I found out after the RV. So I thought to ask and see what the DV community had to say.

It was just a questioning mind needing to be reassured. I have NO Indications that the notes that are in my possession are counterfeit. I am just looking to verify.

Thanks again.

Dr. Joe

I think if anyone of these dinar seller were sell counterfeit currency the net would have EXPLODED. 

• Upvote 5

On Wednesday, June 07, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Wiljor said:

Hi Joenaturopath, you can go to the CBI web site and verify the authenticity of your notes. Not sure which denominations you have but perhaps this link can help you out. I'm sure your notes are fine, I purchased mine from what was then Dinar Trade and also received a certificate of authenticity. 

http://www.banknotenews.com/files/tag-iraq.php

All the best :tiphat:

I bought mine near 10 years ago and i have a certificate of authenticity they are packed away hoping that one day in the not too distant future the CBI can have them back again... for an amount that i am agreeably satisfied ....

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

I bought mine near 10 years ago and i have a certificate of authenticity they are packed away hoping that one day in the not too distant future the CBI can have them back again... for an amount that i am agreeably satisfied ....

That COA ain't worth the paper it's printed on.  How are you going to prove the COA belongs to the Dinar you have in your hands?  Are there any serial numbers on it? 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

That COA ain't worth the paper it's printed on.  How are you going to prove the COA belongs to the Dinar you have in your hands?  Are there any serial numbers on it? 

Your right about that and the thought did cross my mind on occasion.. i bought from a reputible???dealer but then again how do i know that either. I just have trust and also i think i will be gutted if i have bought a bum steer... I have to trust they are legitimate because im hoping that someday in the not far away distance their added value may make this old girls life a bit easier .. i deserve it 😊

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Horses head watermark and metal strip going through the bills are pretty hard to replicate, but I can guarantee you the bills will all be checked and ran through the machine before we get our money. Some one said most likely will have to turn in the currency to the bank and recieve payment at a later date after it has been verified by the De LA Rue machine. Is that true? I know when I bought my Vietnamese Dong from Chase I had to pay for them up front and wait for a phone call a week or two later telling me they were there and ready for pick up...

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

My sister in law recently passed away and had some dinar.  I see she purchased these from "dinar banker sterling silver group" which now have an indictment against them.  They do look authentic as I checked on Banknote news.  I am wondering if and where I can sell them.  Any info on these will be helpful thank you!

• Like 1

I just looked quick on ebay and 1 million dinar is selling for $975.00- $2000.00 +.

Hope this helps and I am sorry for your loss.

7 hours ago, TonyCooper said:

My sister in law recently passed away and had some dinar.  I see she purchased these from "dinar banker sterling silver group" which now have an indictment against them.  They do look authentic as I checked on Banknote news.  I am wondering if and where I can sell them.  Any info on these will be helpful thank you!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

One of the smarter things that the US did in 2003 is to engage one of the finest printmakers {Delarue } to print the new Iraqi dinar . They simply CANNOT be counterfieted ,they were made that way . As the denominations go up ,the finer and more complex the note . The lower denoms won't have this fine of printing . Unfortunately , some people may have been fooled by cheap counterfiets . But why in the freakin' world would you counterfeit something when you could buy it outright for way cheaper with no hassle ?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, TonyCooper said:

My sister in law recently passed away and had some dinar.

Sorry to hear the loss of your Sister. Hope you don't mind, but why don't you just hang on to them for a while longer,  just as your Sister was doing, she had them for a reason...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, TonyCooper said:

Your dinar are surely legitimate notes.  I bought my first dinar from Dinar Banker too.  They were a licensed currency dealer.  They were indicted because they paid one of the gurus to say he had inside info that the RV was about to happen and the guru recommended people buy their dinar from Dinar Banker.  There has never been any mention that they sold counterfit notes, it was only about scamming people that the RV was imminent and would make people instantly rich. 

But aAs Yota said, why don't you just hold on for a few more months - it could be a HUGE payday for you and your sister's family.  And later if you fp want to sell them, you can sell them here, on ebay, or to another currency dealer like xchangeofamerica.com, safedinar.com or treasuryvault.com.  You will get the highest price on ebay.  It's currently close to $2000 per million dinar on ebay lately which is double the price there only 2-3 months ago.....just fyi

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

23 hours ago, TonyCooper said:

11 hours ago, yota691 said:

Sorry to hear the loss of your Sister. Hope you don't mind, but why don't you just hang on to them for a while longer,  just as your Sister was doing, she had them for a reason...

That is why Yota is a Master. That was the first thing I was thinking of. The loss of your Sister in Law is rough to handle and my condolence go out to you are your family members. You came to the right place to get a solid perspective. She had a vision for the future and the Dinar was a vehicle for her to get there. Take those dinar and tuck them away in a safe place. May be, in not so distance future, they may be worth a tidy sum. If that happens, take a minute think of what she wanted or do something that she would be proud of. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7