Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Security Council Authorizes Continued Maintenance of Iraq Escrow Account, Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2335 (2016) !

Thank You, DinarThug, for posting this and all the other Fabulous Articles!!! :twothumbs:   :twothumbs:   :twothumbs:

6 hours ago, DinarThug said:

The meeting began at 10:02 a.m. and ended at 10:05 a.m.

WOW!!! That was a quick meeting! :o   :o   :o

6 hours ago, DinarThug said:

Resolution

The full text of resolution 2335 (2016) reads as follows:

The Security Council,

Recalling its resolution 1958 (2010),

Acting under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations,

“1.   Reaffirms its call in paragraph 2 of resolution 1958 (2010) for the Government of Iraq to provide without delay payments referred to therein;

“2.   Authorizes the Secretary-General to continue to maintain the escrow accounts authorized in paragraphs 3, 4 and 5 of resolution 1958 (2010) and to retain the funds in those accounts until 30 June 2017, at which time all remaining funds are to be transferred to the Government of Iraq;

“3.   Requests the Secretary-General to continue to pursue implementation of paragraph 7 and other relevant aspects of resolution 1958 (2010);

“4.   Requests the Secretary-General to report on implementation of this resolution no later than 30 March 2017 and with a final report three months after the transfer of any remaining funds pursuant to paragraph 2 to the Government of Iraq, unless otherwise authorized by the Security Council;

“5.   Decides to remain actively seized of the matter.”

https://www.un.org/press/en/2016/sc12660.doc.htm

30 June 2017

MINUSMA mandate ends
UNOCI mandate ends 
UNAMID mandate ends
UNDOF mandate ends
Iraq escrow authorization ends
MONUSCO report due

http://www.un.org/en/sc/inc/pa.....onthly.pdf

And look at what was all accomplished in three minutes!!! :backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:

Hey, maybe they can train the Government Of Iraq to do this and git 'er dun!!!  :eyebrows:   :eyebrows:   :eyebrows:

Go Moola Nova (like on or before July 1st, 2017!!!)!!!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

From Delta ...

WE DID TALK ABOUT IT ON CC BEFORE, THERE IS ONLY ONE THING LIFT AND AS YOU SEE BY END OF JUNE(FIRST HALF OF 2017) IRAQ WILL HAVE A CONTROL MEANING ALSO OUT OF CH7 , IF YOU READ THE ARTICLE CAREFULLY YOU WILL SEE THAT EVERYTHING WAS TAKING CARE OFF ON MARCH 30TH.

IMO WE SHOULD SEE A RATE CHANGE BEFORE JUNE 30.

000074medium_gif

DELTA 

Could we call for the first final countdown? 😛😛😛

• Upvote 3

$151M doesn't seem like a lot, in the overall scheme of things. Wonder how much more is in that account?? Those were minimums required to manage and facilitate the programs. If they trust Iraq enough to tie this up and hand that money to them, let's hope they're ready for the next step. Someone que up 'Free Bird" and we will all raise our BIC lighters.  :D

Edited by King Bean
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Laid Back said:

This is the step before releasing Iraq from UN chapter VII sanctions.!

That's my thinking too..

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

WOW!!! That was a quick meeting! 

Yes it was. I may be reading something into it, but that tells me they were just waiting on Iraq to finish something before they went in and released the funds. I just don't see an organization like this going in for a quick five minute meeting and doing something this big without a plan that has been in place.

• Upvote 13

35 minutes ago, 8th ID said:

Yes it was. I may be reading something into it, but that tells me they were just waiting on Iraq to finish something before they went in and released the funds. I just don't see an organization like this going in for a quick five minute meeting and doing something this big without a plan that has been in place.

That is my reading on the length of the meeting, too, 8th ID!

It appears all the work had been completed prior to the meeting with all the necessary agreements in place so the meeting was a necessary formality for record. I wonder who was driving all that? We may never know. Seems convenient, though, that the June 30th date is still "early" 2017 for the full implementation of the "delete the zeros" project.

Yeah, too bad the GOI can't get all the prework done and the agreements made before the legislation hits the Parliament floor!

Trying to weed through all the conflicting full retaking of West Mosul news, seems like "victory is in the sights" so why not git 'er dun and be done with it so the humanitarian and reconstruction can commence in the decimated areas?

Focus, too, seems to be shifted toward "securing the border with Syria" and may need to be completed by June 30th. With Ramadan and the day time temperatures ramping up over there, time likely is of the essence to get this completed before things slow due to human factors.

The CBI branches in Erbil and Sulaymaniyah hitting the news for opening for business begs the question of where the CBI Mosul branch stands. The news articles suggested the CBI Mosul branch was retaken from ISIS on March 7, 2017 so they have had three months to get things figured out, cleaned up, and rebuilt. Gut feel is this CBI Mosul branch is pretty important, too, for future operations - for whatever reasons. The fourth (of only four) CBI branch is in Basra and I do not remember too much news about that branch so I am not aware of the level of CBI banking operation engaged by the Basra CBI branch. Due to all the oil activity in the Basra area, I suspect having this CBI branch operational is fairly important.

There appears to be an overwhelming (or nearly so) amount of Good News with regard to Iraq being a Sovereign Nation coupled with all the other international news on Iraq. Seems like the "good guys" are winning and we'll see and experience the fruits of their efforts in the very short term.

I would like to Thank all the Iraqi and Middle Eastern Veterans for serving and sacrificing for Our Country! That is a key element to the benefit that is about to hit!

:salute:   :salute:   :salute:   :salute:   :salute:   :salute:   :salute:

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 17

9 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

It appears all the work had been completed prior to the meeting with all the necessary agreements in place so the meeting was a necessary formality for record. I wonder who was driving all that? We may never know. Seems convenient, though, that the June 30th date is still "early" 2017 for the full implementation of the "delete the zeros" project.

Yeah, too bad the GOI can't get all the prework done and the agreements made before the legislation hits the Parliament floor!

Trying to weed through all the conflicting full retaking of West Mosul news, seems like "victory is in the sights" so why not git 'er dun and be done with it so the humanitarian and reconstruction can commence in the decimated areas?

Focus, too, seems to be shifted toward "securing the border with Syria" and may need to be completed by June 30th. With Ramadan and the day time temperatures ramping up over there, time likely is of the essence to get this completed before things slow due to human factors.

The CBI branches in Erbil and Sulaymaniyah hitting the news for opening for business begs the question of where the CBI Mosul branch stands. The news articles suggested the CBI Mosul branch was retaken from ISIS on March 7, 2017 so they have had three months to get things figured out, cleaned up, and rebuilt. Gut feel is this CBI Mosul branch is pretty important, too, for future operations - for whatever reasons. The fourth (of only four) CBI branch is in Basra and I do not remember too much news about that branch so I am not aware of the level of CBI banking operation engaged by the Basra CBI branch. Due to all the oil activity in the Basra area, I suspect having this CBI branch operational is fairly important.

There appears to be an overwhelming (or nearly so) amount of Good News with regard to Iraq being a Sovereign Nation coupled with all the other international news on Iraq. Seems like the "good guys" are winning and we'll see and experience the fruits of their efforts in the very short term.

I would like to Thank all the Iraqi and Middle Eastern Veterans for serving and sacrificing for Our Country! That is a key element to the benefit that is about to hit!

Go Moola Nova!

Eloquently stated as always brother  :twothumbs: 

Trusting the coffee is up to par, hot,  and just the way you like it this Saturday morning ☕️

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

Eloquently stated as always brother  :twothumbs: 

Trusting the coffee is up to par, hot,  and just the way you like it this Saturday morning ☕️

Oh, Yeah, Brother Wiljor - I'm about a pot and a half of coffee into my day and things are looking really, really good (well, OK, that might just be the coffee talking!!!)!!! Maybe not - things are looking good no matter how much (if any) coffee has been consumed!!!

:o   :o   :o

You, too, My Friend - hope You are enjoying Your Tim's just the way You like it!!!

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Go Moola Nova!

Thank you so much Synopsis for your insight on this! And a big thank you to Dinar Thug for the article! 

I love the optimism!  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Thank you so much Synopsis for your insight on this! And a big thank you to Dinar Thug for the article! 

I love the optimism!  :twothumbs:

Anytime, Half Crazy Runner!

Hope Your Day is Sweet, the Weather Mild, the Rain on Hold, the Wind Calm, the Temperature Comfortable, the Course Beautiful, and (of course) the Run Is Fun TODAY!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Anytime, Half Crazy Runner!

Hope Your Day is Sweet, the Weather Mild, the Rain on Hold, the Wind Calm, the Temperature Comfortable, the Course Beautiful, and (of course) the Run Is Fun TODAY!!!

Yep! All of the above! Including one fun run & 2 walks with the dog. Life is good!!

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Laid Back said:

This is the step before releasing Iraq from UN chapter VII sanctions.!

Go escrow accounts 

Go DFI

Go release chapter VII

Go new monetary policy 

Go $1:1

...After the release from Chapter VII...Iraq has cleared their final hurtle to go international...Then all that's holding the dinar back is the CBI pulling the trigger for the dinar to go international...As with the 3 minute UN meeting and the elligant way "Synopsis" described the prior meetings being held...Iraq and IMF have had several prior meetings...they too, could have prearranged rates assigned to the dinar,  just waiting for Iraq to be released from Chapter VII....jmho

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

...After the release from Chapter VII...Iraq has cleared their final hurtle to go international...Then all that's holding the dinar back is the CBI pulling the trigger for the dinar to go international...As with the 3 minute UN meeting and the elligant way "Synopsis" described the prior meetings being held...Iraq and IMF have had several prior meetings...they too, could have prearranged rates assigned to the dinar,  just waiting for Iraq to be released from Chapter VII....jmho

Pretty Good Opinion, SkeetDog - I Agree!

• Upvote 4