Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Baghdad called the former ambassador to Kuwait, permanent representative at the United Nations

yota691

4 minutes ago, dinareffic said:

This is HUGE.  I've been in this 12 years and some of the news that is around us at present day is the news I've been waiting for.  I think this is it folks.

4/30/17

I feel the same way. I have not focused on one item, but all all the news and there is just so much positive happening. 2017 :twothumbs:

• Upvote 5

Me too Chuck. I originally thought it would come out over $1.00, but after some of the price adjustments reported, I think Adam is spot on, its going to come out at .10-.20 and climb from there.  That works for me.  Allow me to become debt free and ride the rest.  "Hey debt, go pound sand" Freedom is waiting in the wings.

• Upvote 3

Not sure about everyone else but I have that surreal feeling, that reminds me of when I was back in High school many years ago. You know that feeling you have that you can't wait to graduate and get the heck out of school and do what you want and be an "adult" but you have that side of you that is partially sad because you know you won't be able to see your friends like that anymore. This is how I am feeling now. Great news coming out almost daily! We have been in the trenches for years, some of you alot longer than I have yet we know our "graduation" date is swiftly approaching. And most of us will go our separate ways.  Anyways Just wanted to share that. Not sure if anyone else feels that way but I'm excited!

• Upvote 10

19 minutes ago, dinareffic said:

Me too Chuck. I originally thought it would come out over $1.00, but after some of the price adjustments reported, I think Adam is spot on, its going to come out at .10-.20 and climb from there.  That works for me.  Allow me to become debt free and ride the rest.  "Hey debt, go pound sand" Freedom is waiting in the wings.

I think that if it comes out that low you are going to see a Rush on that dinar.  Investors will be all over this and it should not be long before it drives the price up.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, dinareffic said:

This is HUGE.  I've been in this 12 years and some of the news that is around us at present day is the news I've been waiting for.  I think this is it folks.

4/30/17

Yota Thanks,  Dinareffice....Very true indeed this is excellent news.   The Train is coming to the final destination with a BIG RV / RI onboard....:D

• Upvote 4

Boxman:  How can they take a seat at the UN, when they are under sanction….lol..great article…

Samson:  IRAQ “REGAIN” ITS GLOBAL ROLE BY WINNING ON THE “SENSITIVE” IN THE UNITED NATIONS “FOR THE FIRST TIME” HISTORY

11:15 14/04/2017

Foreign Ministry announced Friday, Iraq took the Deputy Secretary­ General of the United Nations site for the first time in its history, indicating that the site is evidence of the restoration of Iraq’s leading role in international .and regional organizations

The official spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ahmed Gamal, in a statement, “The United Nations has declared the words of the official Natgaha that the Secretary  ­General Antonio Gutterh was appointed Permanent Representative of the Republic of Iraq, Ambassador Mohammed Ali Hakim, his deputy and executive director of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA ) based in Beirut, “he said, adding that” ” .the top UN job obtained by the Iraqi figure since the founding of the United Nations

He pointed out the beauty that “the selection of the Secretary General of the United Nations, Ambassador al­Hakim, executive director of the Foundation UN ancient Kalosqua represents yet another proof of the restoration of Iraq’s leading role in international and regional organizations and the product of an important hard work exerted by the Iraqi Foreign Ministry through its quest for the assumption of diplomatic personalities competent important  “international positions

He noted that “ESCWA is one of the oldest UN Agencies, as the regional arm of the United Nations in the Arab world, which was founded in 1973,” stressing that the ministry is “confident that Ambassador Mohammed Ali Hakim, who knew his skills negotiating abilities professional in bilateral diplomacy and multilateral framework, It will represent a continuation and quality in addition to the long history of that institution engaged in achieving international development goals agreed upon, especially the new sustainable development goals in 2030, with a focus on Arab economic and social integration and exchange of experiences between their countries and find solutions to the “.problems facing countries west Asia

He served Hakim a former Permanent Representative and Ambassador of Iraq to the United Nations in Geneva (2010­ 2013) and the Ambassador and Director of the Arab, European and International Organizations and Policy Planning Iraqi Foreign Ministry in Baghdad, in the period between 2006 and 2010 and the Minister of Communications for the .period between 2004 and 2005

• Upvote 3

Iraq occupies the position of Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations for the first time in its history

34-3939.jpg

15/4/2017 12:00 am 

BAGHDAD / Al-Sabah - 
Iraq received the post of UN Deputy Secretary-General for the first time in its history, which is evidence of Iraq's restoration of its leading role in international and regional organizations. 
"The UN has announced that Secretary-General Antonio Gutierrez has appointed the Permanent Representative of the Republic of Iraq, Ambassador Mohammed Ali Al-Hakim, as his Deputy and Executive Director of the United Nations Economic Commission for the Former Yugoslavia," Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ahmad Jamal said in a statement received by Al-Sabah. and social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA) based in Beirut, "noting that it is the " highest function obtained by the UN Iraqi figure since the founding of the United Nations. " 
Jamal pointed out that "the selection of the Secretary-General of the United Nations Ambassador Hakim as the executive director of a long-standing international organization such as Askawa represents further evidence of the restoration of Iraq's leading role in international and regional organizations and an important outcome of the hard work of the Iraqi Foreign Ministry in seeking to develop its competent diplomatic figures in important international positions" . 
He pointed out that "ESCWA is one of the oldest international institutions, as the regional arm of the United Nations in the Arab world, which was founded in 1973," stressing that the ministry "is confident that Ambassador Mohamed Ali Hakim, known for his negotiating skills and professional capabilities in the framework of bilateral and multilateral diplomacy, Will be a continuation and a qualitative addition to the legacy of that institution, which is working in the field of achieving the agreed international development goals, especially the new sustainable development goals 2030, focusing on Arab economic and social integration and exchange of experiences among their countries, West Asia's. " 
He previously served as Permanent Representative and Ambassador of Iraq to the United Nations in Geneva (2010-2013) and Ambassador and Director of Arab, European and International Organizations and Policy Planning of the Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Baghdad between 2006 and 2010 and Minister of Communications between 2004 and 2005.
  • Upvote 1

Here another UN applicant FYI....Mainly focus on World Heritage IDB...

History of edits:: 03.16.2017 23:17 • 280 visits readable
The former Iraqi minister compete on UNESCO presidency
[Follow - up: Wayne] 
Iraq nominated former Health Minister Salih al-Hasnawi for the post of Director - General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization [UNESCO].
The President of the Executive Board of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO), Michael Aris, on Thursday, the official list of candidates for the post of Director - General of theOrganization successor to the Bulgarian Irina Bokova. 
The list includes nine candidates , including four Arabs: they are the Iraqi Saleh al- Hasnawi and Egyptian Khattab, and Hamad bin Abdulaziz Al Kuwari, Lebanese and Vera Khoury Aquih. " The 
other five were Azeri Foolad Bulbul oglu and Pham San Shao and Chinese Qian Tang, French Audrey Azoulay, Juan Alfonso Fontsoeria from Guatemala. 
UNESCO said on its website that he will be listening to the nine candidates for the position during Al211 session of the Executive Council on 26 and April 27 / April. 
are chosen the winner of two stages gets in first on the approval of the Executive Board of UNESCO in October / October and then gets in candidate the second approval by the FAO Conference in November. 
the term of the official mandate of the post four years may then run for a second term and a final. the 
Iraqi candidate Saleh al- Hasnawi, was a member of the House of Representatives for the two sessions, and theformer minister of health, a physician consultant, and professor of psychiatry, and expert WHO , chaired several scientific committees in the organization, received his biography and vision provided by the work of UNESCO for the next stage if he wins comforted by the organization. "
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, chris2028 said:

Not sure about everyone else but I have that surreal feeling, that reminds me of when I was back in High school many years ago. You know that feeling you have that you can't wait to graduate and get the heck out of school and do what you want and be an "adult" but you have that side of you that is partially sad because you know you won't be able to see your friends like that anymore. This is how I am feeling now. Great news coming out almost daily! We have been in the trenches for years, some of you alot longer than I have yet we know our "graduation" date is swiftly approaching. And most of us will go our separate ways.  Anyways Just wanted to share that. Not sure if anyone else feels that way but I'm excited!

Surreal feeling? .. That's a great description for the nervous knot I feel... I am excited about all the positive news but various about it all .. It's been a long journey with lots of expected or hoped for starts but now if this news be as positive as it sounds I will really be "soon".. My biggest surreal feeling is actually walking into a bank and asking if I can exchange it.. And will I have to go to a main branch or will my small sub agency accept it.. Possibly an odd thing to be nervous about but my life has been a long road hard won income and I I have nightmare fears of my bank not accepting it.. 😊

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Freedomwish said:

Yup............and more the reason why big bro Adam has been prepping so heavily behind the scenes for us.  This RV thing is coming. :praying:

He has been doing a lot behind the sences these last few months and he has been giddy. It can not come soon enough.  

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, chris2028 said:

yes do agree

but then on the other hand

we are adults

hopefully with money to spend and help

and money to meet up and have some drinks

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Surreal feeling? .. That's a great description for the nervous knot I feel... I am excited about all the positive news but various about it all .. It's been a long journey with lots of expected or hoped for starts but now if this news be as positive as it sounds I will really be "soon".. My biggest surreal feeling is actually walking into a bank and asking if I can exchange it.. And will I have to go to a main branch or will my small sub agency accept it.. Possibly an odd thing to be nervous about but my life has been a long road hard won income and I I have nightmare fears of my bank not accepting it.. 😊

I know exactly what you're saying! The physical act of walking into the bank and trying to exchange it intimidates me too. I would definitely only take it to a bank that has one of those currency authentication machines though, I wouldn't hand it over to a bank employee to ship off somewhere. I'm so paranoid, I've even scanned & saved the images of each and every dinar note we own (front & back) 😄

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

I think that if it comes out that low you are going to see a Rush on that dinar.  Investors will be all over this and it should not be long before it drives the price up.  

I'm thinking if it comes out too low ( the touted .10 to .20) it'll cause a run on the purchase of Dinar...something the PTB may not wish to see happen. If it comes out a 1.00 it simplifies a lot of things: makes change much easier...1 for one, etc. It will be high enough to still cause some speculational runs on it's purchase, but not so much as to overwhelm them. Restores some of their lost pride ( which is a HUGE deal in the M.E.) I have said for years and years now that I was in the camp of 1.16. Still there and staying there. To me, less than that really makes no sense...but, as we all know I am not an economics wizard.

Edited by ezrapound
  • Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to Baghdad called the former ambassador to Kuwait, permanent representative at the United Nations