Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saint Scott Pelley

Sage449

http://www.theintelligencer.com/entertainment/article/CBS-makes-one-thing-clear-in-yanking-Scott-11185559.php

When I read this I almost pulled out my hair - from the article:

Pelley's tenure has been marked by his intelligent, truth-seeking approach to the news, pulling no punches while still remaining impartial. (OMG! Who is this person and what planet is she from?) In recent months, his pointed assessments have drawn attention, as when, for example, he said in February: "It has been a busy day for presidential statements divorced from reality," and went on to detail President Donald Trump's fictions du jour.

He did plenty of on-air fact checking, too, as when - referring to Trump's claim that millions of people voted illegally, giving Hillarious Clinton her popular vote victory, he noted: "There is not one state election official, Democrat or Republican, who supports that claim." (Really, how come so many "dead" voted?) And he once memorably described the truth-averse Trump aide Kellyanne Conway as "a fearless fabulist."

From a purely journalistic perspective, Pelley was both refreshing and impressive. (BY WHOSE STANDARDS?) And his journalistic credentials certainly outpaced those of his rivals at NBC (Lester Holt) and ABC (David Muir). "The book on Scott for a long time is that he's a great reporter but not a natural anchor," said Tom Bettag, a veteran TV news executive, who has worked for four networks, including CBS. Bettag told me that the journalistic quality of the half-hour show has vastly improved under Pelley's leadership.

I for one will not miss Pelley - I couldn't bare to watch his news show in the evening - like nails scraping down a chaulkboard. Respect for him is nil.

• Upvote 1

Of course not. If they did, the next question out of the reporters mouth should be "and why didn't your staff take precautions to prevent it?"

There is not one state election official, Democrat or Republican, who supports that claim."

• Upvote 1