Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump to deliver verdict on Paris climate deal as world fears US pullout

The president has reportedly made his decision on the landmark climate deal, as exasperated world leaders get ready to move on with or without the US

Oliver Milman in New York

Wednesday 31 May 2017 13.04 BST

3000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=4f096f1fbf0f8b0a2f19b2eb7ca9c685
Donald Trump with Angela Merkel and Tunisian president Beji Caid Essebsi at the G7 summit. Merkel said: ‘The whole discussion about climate has been difficult, or rather very unsatisfactory.’
Photograph: Flavio Lo Scalzo/AP

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/may/31/donald-trump-paris-climate-change-deal-agreement-us

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The objection to this Paris Agreement is once again the way the agreement is arranged.  The US produces about 17% of the co2  in the world. The US has reduced that foot print at a steep cost.  Solar and Wind are not as cost effective as coal for example.  

China doesn't even have to start reducing emissions until 2030, yet they are the largest contributor to the problem.  Does this seem fair?

Again, just like the NATO $$$$$$ situation........perhaps it is time someone stands up for America and does what's best for America.  The US can't solve the Worlds problems if the World isn't willing to participate as well..

Leaving this Agreement could save the US $3 trillion USD.

Lets leave and then rewrite it so it is fair and equitable to all involved

IMO........as usual....

• Upvote 12

41 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

The United States of America will now join that elite group of climate change deniers........Nicaragua and Syria.  :facepalm:

GO RV, then BV

I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut on this. You can't be serious, the lowest thing on the American people's mind is the LIE of global warming. Polling has routinely showed that 98% of this country know that's BS. And your support of the Paris agreement,if that is what you are saying, shows that you have no clue what that agreement actually is. But as you are prone to do with snide innuendo and uneducated comments it is understandable.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut on this. You can't be serious, the lowest thing on the American people's mind is the LIE of global warming. Polling has routinely showed that 98% of this country know that's BS. And your support system">support of the Paris agreement,if that is what you are saying, shows that you have no clue what that agreement actually is. But as you are prone to do with snide innuendo and uneducated comments it is understandable.

98%.....and I'm uneducated?  :lol:  .....and thanks for taking us down that "making it personal" hole....again.  <_< 

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

YOU MADE IT PERSONAL WHEN YOU WISH TO DESTROY MY COUNTRY. 

And try getting your fax from somewhere besides CNN MSNBC or the hill.com.

Your country!!?.....try OUR country.  And for your information I don't own a "fax" machine.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

Your country!!?.....try OUR country.  And for your information I don't own a "fax" machine.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

I'm using a Dictaphone. And you know what I meant. If you truly think of this as your country and you care about its future you seriously need to investigate what the Paris Accord actually does. It is the worst thing that has ever faced this country. It will turn us into Africa. Taking care of the environment is a good thing destroying America is a bad thing.

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm using a Dictaphone. And you know what I meant. If you truly think of this as your country and you care about its future you seriously need to investigate what the Paris Accord actually does. It is the worst thing that has ever faced this country. It will turn us into Africa. Taking care of the environment is a good thing destroying America is a bad thing.

Exactly why people who can't fathom or even begin to understand the need for balance when it comes to industrialized civilization and the environment are dangerous to ALL of mankind.  As always, just my opinion....as well as millions of others.  And once again, I don't think of it as MY country....I think of it as OUR country.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yes we should follow the leaders to the future. We don't need to lead. We all know that renewable energy is a waste and burning fossil fuel is a better way to go...

Hey here's an idea, why don't we just start killing whales again for their blubber... That'll keep the lights on. Just don't chase them off the edge of the earth.

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

41 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut on this. You can't be serious, the lowest thing on the American people's mind is the LIE of global warming. Polling has routinely showed that 98% of this country know that's BS. And your support system" rel="">support of the Paris agreement,if that is what you are saying, shows that you have no clue what that agreement actually is. But as you are prone to do with snide innuendo and uneducated comments it is understandable.

Couldn't of said it any better,,LGD

• Upvote 5

I agree with Erick Erickson, we are called to be husbandmen/caretakers of the planet not worship 'mother earth'.  The Paris agreement is a compendium of spiritualism (Pantheism) and the NWO ideology that includes the ultimate goal of throwing a legal snare over individual rights.  

Fascism comes in many forms and the Paris agreement (as it stands) is one of them.

As for saving the whales... if there was just one left in the ocean and my family was starving to death, we'd eat it and not give it a second thought.

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, George Hayduke said:

As for saving the whales... if there was just one left in the ocean and my family was starving to death, we'd eat it and not give it a second thought.

If we keep treating our planet like a dumpster fire.....your family may get a taste of that last toxic whale, with a side of plastic.  As always, just my opinion.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I understand what you're saying Shabs, but I hope that by saying 'we' you are referring to the world population and not just the US.

China, India, Pakistan, Brazil and Russia are the largest polluters and add them to the number of developing third world nations lack of controls and regulation and you will truly see the 'smoking' gun.

Most Americans want clean air and water and don't mind reasonable regulation but what really pisses the conservative/libertarian off is the blind allegiance of the left to bow down to 'fake' science that is used to incubate a political ideology.  That ideology ends up promulgating ridiculous laws that infringe on personal liberty and property rights.

Quite Un-American, don't you think?

Let the Chinese and the rest of the worlds gross polluters anti-up, clean their own house and then 'we Americans' would be more open to a 'type' of Paris Agreement.

• Upvote 8

I certainly do mean all of humanity when I say "we", George.  But I also believe wholeheartedly in American Exceptionalism......set the standard.  Now we have to agree as Americans on what that standard is....money based, or humanity based.  Where's the common ground?  As always, just my opinion.  :mellow:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3

I will back up Shabby Wabby...he has been here as long as I can remember. We have spoke of the DInar in the past on threads....I read the Yota posts but even I only post pics...we are all a little jaded at times....comes and goes.

Proud to call him friend

Edited by SnowGlobe7
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Trump says US will abandon global climate accord

Associated Press logo Associated Press
Associated Press
By JILL COLVIN and JULIE PACE, Associated Press12 mins ago

U.S. President Donald Trump announces his decision that the United States will withdraw from the landmark Paris Climate Agreement, in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington, U.S., June 1, 2017.© REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque U.S. President Donald Trump announces his decision that the United States will withdraw from the landmark Paris Climate Agreement, in the Rose Garden of the White House in…

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Thursday he was withdrawing the U.S. from the Paris climate agreement, striking a major blow to worldwide efforts to combat climate change and distancing the country from many allies abroad. He said the U.S. would try to negotiate re-entry on better terms.

"As of today, the United States will cease all implementation of the nonbinding Paris accord," Trump said during a White House Rose Garden announcement. Suggesting renegotiating re-entry was not a major priority, he said, "If we can, great. If we can't, that's fine."

By abandoning the world's chief effort to slow the tide of planetary warming, Trump was fulfilling a top campaign pledge. But he was also breaking from many of America's staunches allies, who have expressed alarm about the decision.

Under former President Barack Obama, the U.S. had agreed to reduce emissions to 26 percent to 28 percent of 2005 levels by 2025 — about 1.6 billion tons.

But Trump said the agreement disadvantaged the U.S. "to the exclusive benefit of other countries," leaving American businesses and taxpayers to absorb the cost.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-us-will-abandon-global-climate-accord/ar-BBBLeti?li=BBnb7Kz

• Upvote 5

Paris climate deal: Trump withdraws US from global agreement – live

US president ditches current agreement: ‘We’re getting out, but we’ll start to negotiate and we’ll see if we can make a deal that’s fair’

Tom McCarthy

Thursday 1 June 2017 21.50 BST

Live feed

Vid in link

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/live/2017/jun/01/donald-trump-paris-climate-agreement-live-news

• Upvote 1

The Paris deal pullout is more damaging to the US than the climate

The US abandoning the global climate deal brings risks, but the unity of the rest of the world and plummeting green energy costs are reasons for hope

Damian Carrington Environment editor

Thursday 1 June 2017 20.48 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jun/01/donald-trump-paris-climate-deal-pullout-us-impact

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2