Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

.. Iraq plans to activate the free zones

yahyapic9427.jpg

.. Iraq plans to activate the free zones

Journal May 3, 2017 77 Visit

May 4, 2017

BAGHDAD - The Journal News

It announced that the Committee on Economy and Investment Parliamentary Iraq directed towards activating the work of free zones and the possibility of expanding its work space, as financial sector makes it a vital tributary of the general budget.

This was confirmed by a member of the Committee MP, Tali Snead Harthy, for "Journal News" on Wednesday, that "Iraq can diversify the financial revenues of non-oil through the activation of Al free zones to achieve significant financial returns by investing its geographical location, which is the shortest connecting routes between the poles of the Western world and the east. "

He added that "we obviously economic policies in the country are almost non-activated and inaccurate, and that took advantage of the country's resources that come from the border crossing points and did not reach its revenue to the government Almkzah example of resources that are supposed to come from the Kurdistan region of Iraq."

He called Harthy "to activate other sectors, including industrial and agricultural sector, the religious tourism sector as the equivalent of oil revenues and be a substitute for it as well as to take advantage of the bilateral agreements that Iraq held with Ajawaroo countries by extending the transfer between him and the surrounding and the rest of the world countries lines."

It has become the diversification of financial revenues from non-oil sources, the need according to the sources concerned, the association under the direction of fiscal policy towards pathways to address the imbalance that accompanies the economic structure.

• Upvote 12

If they are hiring economic advisors, they might be wasting money by further activating anything until those they hire have time to analyze current state of affairs and gives Abadi their recommendations for Iraq to enact in the non-oil private sector. Once they do hire, I figure 3 to 6 months of analysis, 3 months would be the earliest for their recommendations as they might have already come with preconceived notions of Iraq's state of affairs.Once the non-oil sector begins to implement the recommendations, it would be another 6 months before results begin to show up on the charts.This puts us well into 2018 for a substantial increase in non-oil revenue generating sectors. The 2016 SBA states Iraq needs to greatly increase the non-oil sector revenue. With tightening of the 2017 GDP, from previous years, an RV won't occur in 2017.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

If they are hiring economic advisors, they might be wasting money by further activating anything until those they hire have time to analyze current state of affairs and gives Abadi their recommendations for Iraq to enact in the non-oil private sector. Once they do hire, I figure 3 to 6 months of analysis, 3 months would be the earliest for their recommendations as they might have already come with preconceived notions of Iraq's state of affairs.Once the non-oil sector begins to implement the recommendations, it would be another 6 months before results begin to show up on the charts.This puts us well into 2018 for a substantial increase in non-oil revenue generating sectors. The 2016 SBA states Iraq needs to greatly increase the non-oil sector revenue. With tightening of the 2017 GDP, from previous years, an RV won't occur in 2017.

1 hour ago, Officiallytook said:

Theseus Nnnnnoooooooooooooooo

Say it ain't so boss

I agree Officiallytook...and heres silly old me hoping it would be "in the coming days" ....

Edited by NoviceInvestor
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

Once the non-oil sector begins to implement the recommendations, it would be another 6 months before results begin to show up on the charts.

Thanks Theseus, just going a bit semi-off topic - what are your thoughts on the HCL?  I've had a strong hunch for a long while that it's already a "done deal" behind closed doors....just wondering before I hit the bar later tonight :cheesehead:

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Botzwana said:

So glad Theseus is here to piss on all of us.  Syn, Wiljor and others think it will be here this year if not this month.  But hey they don´t have doctorates...

Stuff the negativity sir. 

Bot,, you forgot to mention the Masters degree,,,,better hurry or we will have to go thru  the agony of him telling  it again.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Botzwana said:

So glad Theseus is here to piss on all of us.  Syn, Wiljor and others think it will be here this year if not this month.  But hey they don´t have doctorates...

Stuff the negativity sir. 

I learned a long time ago that, "We are all peons getting peed on - if we choose to be peons being peed on."

My opinion is Iraq was under some very evil influences during the Saddam Hussein era and possibly before while Iraq has untold and diverse riches. On a per capita basis or area basis, Iraq may be the richest nation in the world. If the current Government Of Iraq does not establish itself as a highly beneficial and useful entity, other evil influences may likely fill the gap and utilize Iraq's wealth for evil purposes to oppress the people and foment evil in other parts of the world. The Iraqi people need to see that good benefits them and is sustainable. Once, ISIS, Turkey, and Iran are out of Iraq, a new plan for reconstruction and prosperity will need to be put in place to prevent other evil and contrary influences (like IMIS) from disrupting and causing chaos. To me, this indicates sooner rather than later so that is why I think it will likely be very soon. A vulnerability is the upcoming elections with a new cast of characters that may or may not promote the furthering of the plans on paper. The elected offficials striving for the good of the Iraqis need to stay in office and others with the same mind need to be elected to replace the corrupt and evil officials. If the current GOI does not show it to serve the interests of the people sufficiently, then the people may vote themselves in a government that will oppress them and avert their potential for a much better standard of living and prosperity. Should the more impoverished populous become disenfranchised, clan conflicts and Civil War could erupt and render the current plans on paper useless. As such, I believe I can forget about 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, well you get the idea, for an IQD revaluation. I may be wrong here but the conditions in the previously held ISIS areas are dire. The other areas in Iraq are likely sustainable but could be vulnerable to future political influences. There has been a lot of horsepower put into Iraq to get it to progress to a stable world partner. Huge progress has been made but can be reversed if the greater good is not achieved. I could be wrong here, but I think the IQD would have to revalue now before major trade for reconstruction begins to prevent future inequities that could bankrupt Iraq or other entities doing business with Iraq.

I do think this is, "Time to Rise and Shine Iraqi Boys and Girls! If YOU don't, Guns, Bombs, and Mustard Gas WILL Rain Down On YOU AGAIN in the Not To Distant Future!!!"

Just my opinion and :twocents:

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 7

Thanks Yota...I do like the way you so elegantly word things Synopsis...Iraq's economy will be vulnerable after the liberation of Mosul, and I, like you've so elegantly stated, believe Iraq has to "Bust-a-Move" toward strengthening their currency and bring it into the international realm...For nothing more than the welfare of the Iraqi citizens that have suffered enough to for the antics of a tyrant 25 years ago...

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

Thanks Yota...I do like the way you so elegantly word things Synopsis...Iraq's economy will be vulnerable after the liberation of Mosul, and I, like you've so elegantly stated, believe Iraq has to "Bust-a-Move" toward strengthening their currency and bring it into the international realm...For nothing more than the welfare of the Iraqi citizens that have suffered enough to for the antics of a tyrant 25 years ago...

Back atcha SkeetDog!

Hope you are having a Great Day and will Have A Great Weekend!

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

They are going to have to make some major decision here. All the studies are not going to help Iraq figure out their currency issue. If they need reconstruction and putting people to work you are going to pay them in Dinar or Dollars. Better make a decision. Going to pay the international companies, is that Dinar or Dollars. Selling products internationally, getting paid in Dinar or Dollars. Make a decision.  

• Upvote 4