Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq: Kuwait recognizes the $ 100 million grant to Baghdad is the first since 1990

yota691

for the first time since 1990 .. Kuwait offered a grant to Iraq

For the first time since 1990 .. Kuwait provide Iraq with a financial grant

one hour ago

Twilight News / Iraqi official said on Tuesday that Kuwait approved a grant of $ 100 million grant to Iraq to support humanitarian projects and reconstruction efforts in the areas of organization Daesh recovered.

The grant is the first Kuwaiti financial assistance to Iraq since the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

A spokeswoman for the restoration of the Iraqi Reconstruction Fund said officials from the two countries signed a grant agreement in Kuwait on Tuesday.

Said Mustafa Hiti, head of the fund in a statement that the grant agreement encouraging start for further cooperation between Iraq and Kuwait.

The funding aims to rebuild cities and areas recovered from the organization of the Islamic state, which declared the caliphate in Iraq and Syria in 2014.

The war against the organization and affected as well as the decline in oil prices on the Iraqi government's budget with almost total dependence on oil sales.

• Upvote 6

• yota691 changed the title to Iraq: Kuwait recognizes the $ 100 million grant to Baghdad is the first since 1990

Iraq: Kuwait recognizes the $ 100 million grant to Baghdad is the first since 1990

2 hours ago | Wrote: Reuters |

Sabah Al-Ahmad - File photoSabah Al-Ahmad - File photoShooting: : other

An Iraqi official said on Tuesday Kuwait approved a grant of US $ 100 million grant to Iraq to support humanitarian projects and reconstruction efforts in the areas of the organization of the Islamic restored state.

The grant is the first Kuwaiti financial assistance to Iraq since the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

A spokeswoman for the restoration of the Iraqi Reconstruction Fund said officials from the two countries signed a grant agreement in Kuwait on Tuesday

Said Mustafa Hiti, head of the fund in a statement that the grant agreement encouraging start for further cooperation between Iraq and Kuwait.

The funding aims to rebuild cities and areas recovered from the organization of the Islamic state, which declared the caliphate in Iraq and Syria in 2014.

The war against the organization and affected as well as the decline in oil prices on the Iraqi government's budget with almost total dependence on oil sales.

• Upvote 3

I'm sorry, but I just can't get my mind around the staggering numbers being tossed around--and at--Iraq.

First, the headline regarding Kuwait postponing Iraq's re-payment of 4.6 BILLION dollars......and now--on top of that--they're going to give them a GRANT worth 100 MILLION??!!

Why not just knock off 100 million for what they owe? 

Does ANY of this make sense to ANYone??  

If so could you please explain in layman's terms and while you're at it could you also explain how I can get someone to grant ME 100 million? 

• Upvote 6

32 minutes ago, climber7 said:

I'm sorry, but I just can't get my mind around the staggering numbers being tossed around--and at--Iraq.

First, the headline regarding Kuwait postponing Iraq's re-payment of 4.6 BILLION dollars......and now--on top of that--they're going to give them a GRANT worth 100 MILLION??!!

Why not just knock off 100 million for what they owe? 

Does ANY of this make sense to ANYone??  

If so could you please explain in layman's terms and while you're at it could you also explain how I can get someone to grant ME 100 million? 

I was thinking along those same lines.  Just that I was looking at all the other loans they were getting from other sources ( IMF, WB, Japn etc).  Like what the heck. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

I was thinking along those same lines.  Just that I was looking at all the other loans they were getting from other sources ( IMF, WB, Japn etc).  Like what the heck. 

IKR?! 

I'm pretty good at taking lots of information and putting it into a big picture in my mind but none of this makes sense 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Hi LGD trust you and your family are doing well. I think a lot of folks are starting to take notice.  

I'm not doubting nor questioning you guys--I just haven't heard of an uptick of folks buying dinar.

Can you share where, or any articles you've seen, talking about this? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChuckFinley said:

How do you see this play out with all this money being thrown at Iraq?

Hi Chuck!

I'm the LAST person that's deeply knowledgable on financial issues like this, so I don't give my views much value. That being said.....IMO.....I can only gather that the powers that be in all the other countries (obviously) know something we don't and are setting Iraq up to be a global powerhouse in which they (contributing countries) will get something back in return when the time comes. I just don't understand the inner workings of finance on HOW they do all this juggling of staggering amounts of money--and then on top they 'forgive debt' and give 'grants' while at the same time delaying their payments. Craziness!! 

The one thing I hold fast to is Biblical prophecy regarding Iraq and who/what they will become.

Thanks for the pleasant discussion and replies, Chuck! 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, climber7 said:

I'm not doubting nor questioning you guys--I just haven't heard of an uptick of folks buying dinar.

On mine - lot of people are taking notice - is more a commit about Mosul being wrapped up, Japn, Kuwait, and Aus all giving big buck.  People are going to notice of stuff like that. No inside info, just observation.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, ChuckFinley said:

On mine - lot of people are taking notice - is more a commit about Mosul being wrapped up, Japn, Kuwait, and Aus all giving big buck.  People are going to notice of stuff like that. No inside info, just observation.  

Okay, but that's people GIVING Iraq money--where's the talk of people BUYING dinars?

By the way....your avatar....Burn Notice was such a great show! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, climber7 said:

Okay, but that's people GIVING Iraq money--where's the talk of people BUYING dinars?

By the way....your avatar....Burn Notice was such a great show! 

Mostly all the folks here are done buying. There is a"Tab" for that and there is good talk there. 

Thanks, Burn Notice had a little of me in it. The one thing non Sam Axe think would be the alcohol. Not much of a party individual, more on working out side.  

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, climber7 said:

Let me ask you something. If nations were buying up dinars do you really think that would be reported in the news?

I can tell you this, and I only do so as a testimony and statement of fact, that I am a person that has zero problems with giving away money or things. There are people here that can tell you the truth of that fact. Having said that it is my experience that FEW give anything away for the sake of doing good. Most always expect something in return.  This is especially true of nations. So what do you think all these nations are getting in return for their large gifts of money? Is it oil? They can get that anywhere. What are they buying? There can only be one thing, and that is dinar. I see that you don't like opinions, and I respect that. But I see little reason for every nation on earth giving to Iraq as much as they are giving. 

Something's gotta give :lmao:

• Upvote 4

I owned a bar 15+ years ago. When opening it I need about $35000 to open the doors. Did I have $35000? At the time yes. Did I want to spend it? NO! I brought on 2 investors that put up the the money. Gave them a % of PROFITS for a Certain amount of time until they were paid off with a little interest I was comfortable with. Because of the location and the the bar layout they both knew their money was safe. 

Opened the bar, sold the bar less than a year later for a nice profit. Paid investors back everyone was happy. Not one cent I put in myself. 

Iraq in the same situation. Everyone knows their money is safe there. AND THEY ALL HOLD A TON OF DINAR!!! 👍

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Let me ask you something. If nations were buying up dinars do you really think that would be reported in the news?

I can tell you this, and I only do so as a testimony and statement of fact, that I am a person that has zero problems with giving away money or things. There are people here that can tell you the truth of that fact. Having said that it is my experience that FEW give anything away for the sake of doing good. Most always expect something in return.  This is especially true of nations. So what do you think all these nations are getting in return for their large gifts of money? Is it oil? They can get that anywhere. What are they buying? There can only be one thing, and that is dinar. I see that you don't like opinions, and I respect that. But I see little reason for every nation on earth giving to Iraq as much as they are giving. 

Something's gotta give :lmao:

Hey LGD

Thanks for jumping in the conversation and for your 'take' on things. I always read what you say and respect your opinions.

Not sure what makes you think I don't like opinions? I'll listen to anyone's take on things as long as they're proven not to be dishonest and have some truth to back up what they say on a consistent basis. 

Have a great evening!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jaygo said:

I owned a bar 15+ years ago. When opening it I need about $35000 to open the doors. Did I have $35000? At the time yes. Did I want to spend it? NO! I brought on 2 investors that put up the the money. Gave them a % of PROFITS for a Certain amount of time until they were paid off with a little interest I was comfortable with. Because of the location and the the bar layout they both knew their money was safe. 

Opened the bar, sold the bar less than a year later for a nice profit. Paid investors back everyone was happy. Not one cent I put in myself. 

Iraq in the same situation. Everyone knows their money is safe there. AND THEY ALL HOLD A TON OF DINAR!!! 👍

Thanks Jaygo,

I do much better with examples and word pictures--just how God made me. ;)

• Upvote 2

Guys, can't you see whats going on? They keep getting these loans from everywhere. All they're going to do is spread the monies out to the politicians and to their dirty buddies. Remember, this is IRAQ! I'm not like everyone else that thinks Abadi is on the up and up.Sure he's done some great stuff but I still don't trust him. Isn't he who said that the liberation will be by the end of the month, now their saying mid May. Why did he put a halt on his armed forces. They were on a roll, then for weeks nothing. Something's not right. I'm beginning to think that they won't RV their currency anytime soon. Why would they? They're getting more money than they can spend right now. You and I know that every scumbag is going to get their hands on it and they really can give a **** about the poor people that are suffering. I know I'm coming off super negative but what tells us otherwise. The articles are just that. They are put out to appease the readers. If they RV someday, It won't be until the CBI decides to. Don't forget, The governer of the CBI is and was a Maliki guy. I'vebeen in tnhis for 8 years now and I'm tired of the rollercoaster ride. But what choice do we have, we're init for the long haul and I have a feeling it's going to a real long haul. Ok, enough of me spurting out crap. Have at me... 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, jake21 said:

Guys, can't you see whats going on? They keep getting these loans from everywhere. All they're going to do is spread the monies out to the politicians and to their dirty buddies

LOL the dirty buddies won't see a dime...DV got a Great Search Bar upper right hand corner....

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, jake21 said:

Guys, can't you see whats going on? They keep getting these loans from everywhere. All they're going to do is spread the monies out to the politicians and to their dirty buddies. Remember, this is IRAQ! I'm not like everyone else that thinks Abadi is on the up and up.Sure he's done some great stuff but I still don't trust him. Isn't he who said that the liberation will be by the end of the month, now their saying mid May. Why did he put a halt on his armed forces. They were on a roll, then for weeks nothing. Something's not right. I'm beginning to think that they won't RV their currency anytime soon. Why would they? They're getting more money than they can spend right now. You and I know that every scumbag is going to get their hands on it and they really can give a **** about the poor people that are suffering. I know I'm coming off super negative but what tells us otherwise. The articles are just that. They are put out to appease the readers. If they RV someday, It won't be until the CBI decides to. Don't forget, The governer of the CBI is and was a Maliki guy. I'vebeen in tnhis for 8 years now and I'm tired of the rollercoaster ride. But what choice do we have, we're init for the long haul and I have a feeling it's going to a real long haul. Ok, enough of me spurting out crap. Have at me... 

Jake21 - You may want to consider the US has sent a group of Special Forces to Mosul to "encourage"/"support"/"advise" the Iraqi Forces retaking the rest of Mosul. We need to pray for all these folks - US, Coalition, or Iraqi for their safety, success, and swiftness in retaking the rest of Mosul. Today is the end of April 25 and there are five more days of April left. I suspect the retaking of the rest of Mosul will speed up. Maybe even by the beginning of May 1 Iraq time. Maybe the battle maps we are seeing are not current and lag by one or more days even though they show a particular date and time. Not too long ago, there was mention of 2,900 ISIS militants neutralized within a short period of time and there were estimated less than 1,000 remaining ISIS in Mosul. One here, one there, a few here, a few there, a dozen here, a dozen there - there really can't be that many ISIS left in Mosul - maybe a few to several hundred - while their munition stores are also being captured and destroyed so they likely don't have much left to fight with. The conditions in the remaining ISIS held areas are also dire so the remaining ISIS are likely in a subsistence mode and are not on top of their game - not to mention morale aught to be taking a major hit with all the losses to date and no prospect of success.

Just my opinion and :twocents:

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 3

Good evening DV, 

When I read these articles of many nations throwing money at Iraq it gives me even more confidence that we are on the right track. Why? as we can see their is a growing confidence in Iraq from the international community and they are now becoming a safe bet, they are emerging from a war torn country to a peacetime country and with their vast wealth in natural resources, that coupled with their credit worthiness companies and countries are looking at their risk reward ratio. 

As frustrating as things may seem Abadi has and is doing a phenomenal job at bringing his country back from the ashes and the years of corruption and pilfering of Iraq's riches are slowly coming to an end. The remaining laws yet to be past I believe are being held back, pending the liberation of Mosul and once that happens we will see a flurry of activity beginning to unfold. 

I'm sure that for those who have what seems like an eternity here waiting for this thing to pop I am convinced that it will.

And finally, we know Iraq's currency is being forcefully held below its true value, and with the current activity revolving around this nation and the re building of its infrastructure from the bottom up, they will spring to the international stage as one of the major powerhouses of the Middle East 

just my :twocents: of a very long and complicated issue :D

• Upvote 4

Just now, Wiljor said:

Good evening DV, 

When I read these articles of many nations throwing money at Iraq it gives me even more confidence that we are on the right track. Why? as we can see their is a growing confidence in Iraq from the international community and they are now becoming a safe bet, they are emerging from a war torn country to a peacetime country and with their vast wealth in natural resources, that coupled with their credit worthiness companies and countries are looking at their risk reward ratio. 

As frustrating as things may seem Abadi has and is doing a phenomenal job at bringing his country back from the ashes and the years of corruption and pilfering of Iraq's riches are slowly coming to an end. The remaining laws yet to be past I believe are being held back, pending the liberation of Mosul and once that happens we will see a flurry of activity beginning to unfold. 

I'm sure that for those who have what seems like an eternity here waiting for this thing to pop I am convinced that it will.

And finally, we know Iraq's currency is being forcefully held below its true value, and with the current activity revolving around this nation and the re building of its infrastructure from the bottom up, they will spring to the international stage as one of the major powerhouses of the Middle East 

just my :twocents: of a very long and complicated issue :D

Very Well Said, Brother, and Top Of The Evening To You And All DV! My sentiments exactly and eloquently stated!

:tiphat:

In The Mean Time.........................

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 1