Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Abadi: The World Bank announced its support for the reform plans in Iraq

yota691

If they are doing this in 2019 you will not have to worry about the Chucky Money, there will not be a dinar in country. You will have USD with Iraq Landscapes on it, photos of political figures, and bible seens.  The USD will be the Unites States Dinar. 

• Upvote 2

Here let me help you guys along:

Iraq : First Review of the Three-Year Stand-By Arrangement and Financing Assurances Review, Requests for Waivers of Nonobservance and Applicability of Performance Criteria, Modification of Performance Criteria, and Rephasing of the Arrangement-Press Release; Staff Report; and Statement by the Executive Director for Iraq

Author/Editor:

International Monetary Fund. Middle East and Central Asia Dept.

Publication Date:

December 13, 2016

Electronic Access:

Free Full text (PDF file size is 2093 KB).Use the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this PDF file

Summary:

This paper discusses Iraq’s First Review of the Three-Year Stand-by Arrangement (SBA) and Financing Assurances Review, and Requests for Waivers of Nonobservance and Applicability of Performance Criteria (PCs). Two PCs at end September appear to have been met on the basis of preliminary unaudited data. One PC at end-June 2016 was missed. One continuous PC was missed. Completion of some structural benchmarks was delayed, but progress is being made for each. Hence, program performance has been mixed, but understandings on sufficient corrective actions have been reached to put the program back on track. The IMF staff recommends completion of the first review under the SBA and the financing assurances review and modification of the PCs and related rephrasing.

Notice the forecasted dates on the charts through 2021.

Edited by Theseus

LOL people negged me when I said the IQD would not RV until after 2017 before the Agreement went out. People like you guys said oh no it will RV at the beginning of 2017. On May 1 we enter the middle portion of 2017 and yet no RV to this point. Neg me all you want, I am grounded in reality not in wishful thinking and unicorns farting rainbows. Since I have been here every year during the budget, its going to RV. It doesn't people are pissed. If you listen to what Iraq is doing, they are working with the IMF on getting things straight. Where they are at now and where they need to be to RV is still a long ways off. There is still too much for them to accomplish before the HCL is ever going to be passed and even when it does the RV won't happen right away. I think you giys know this but really just want this to be over and think I bring negatve news. It's only negative in your eyes when I say it ahead of the fact and you praise it when it happens. Like electricity, its in the Agreement. A lot of things that have been in the news is exactly in line with the agreement and the things Iraq needs to work on. So keep dreaming the RV will happen on April 30 or even this year. From all indications I have seen it won't and I don't parse that with champagne wishes and caviar dreams.

There are only a few select sites I do visit on the internet this is one. Most other times, the work I do for school is most f my time. 

One other thing just because I say this won't happen until after 2019 doesn't translate into "this won't happen" as some of you think. I do think this will happen.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

If you are so sure this will RV this year, 2017, to at or above 0.10 then put your money where your mouth is Botz and chinadawg. If it does before 12:01AM Jan 1, 2018, I will send you a crisp 100 dollar bill if it doesn't you guys purchase the lifetime membership for me here. Otherwise you guys can never ever neg me.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Theseus said:

If you are so sure this will RV this year, 2017, to at or above 0.10 then put your money where your mouth is Botz and chinadawg. If it does before 12:01AM Jan 1, 2018, I will send you a crisp 100 dollar bill if it doesn't you guys purchase the lifetime membership for me here. Otherwise you guys can never ever neg me.

For a 100 bucks it's not even worth neg'n you but why so cheap? I'd bet a million dinars it's this year. But I don't think you would bet that. So I guess Il neg ya :woot:

Edited by WaitIsOver
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, WaitIsOver said:

For a 100 bucks it's not even worth nagging you. I'd bet a million dinars it's this year. But I don't think you would bet that. So I guess Il neg ya :woot:

I would hate to take that much money from ya. Like i said I am grounded in reality not unicorns farting rainbows.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Theseus said:

LOL Adam himself said April 30 was no deadline. Believe him at least.

There is no deadline, who do you think is going to pay you at redemption...where's the money coming from..cbi ...na...us treasury...naaaa....I know where the money is coming from...have you ever wondered where it's coming from...maybe your owl knows more than you do... ask it. None the less...I know where the money to pay currency holders is coming from...the specific accounts backed by gold....that the fed made obsolete in 1971...I know the accounts...therefore I know people acquainted with those people and I know the accounts will open this year..  

• Upvote 2

Just now, WaitIsOver said:

There is no deadline, who do you think is going to pay you at redemption...where's the money coming from..cbi ...na...us treasury...naaaa....I know where the money is coming from...have you ever wondered where it's coming from...maybe your owl knows more than you do... ask it. None the less...I know where the money to pay currency holders is coming from...the specific accounts backed by gold....that the fed made obsolete in 1971...I know the accounts...therefore I know people acquainted with those people and I know the accounts will open this year..  

You mean the cash reserves that are slowly being dwindled down due to deficits? Deficits that Iraq is currenlty looking to finance in 2018? The cash reserves that are expected to bottom out around 2021? Those reserves? The gold that is disappearing from the CBI because Iraq needs to meet its financial obligations but can't?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Theseus said:

You mean the cash reserves that are slowly being dwindled down due to deficits? Deficits that Iraq is currenlty looking to finance in 2018? The cash reserves that are expected to bottom out around 2021? Those reserves? The gold that is disappearing from the CBI because Iraq needs to meet its financial obligations but can't?

Lol no...cbi cash reserves ...haha.  you Wont get a penny out of them...see what I mean when I say ask your owl.. it knows more than you.

• Upvote 1

Nah I am good, the RV just won't happen this year. Too many people know people who know people that know people who know people in this game to be fully reliable. Say what you will RV will just not happen this year or even next. Or even three months after the HCL is passed. They can open all the accounts they want, still doesn't translate to an RV.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Nah I am good, the RV just won't happen this year. Too many people know people who know people that know people who know people in this game to be fully reliable. Say what you will RV will just not happen this year or even next. Or even three months after the HCL is passed. They can open all the accounts they want, still doesn't translate to an RV.

I would not usually butt in here but i do have to ask this. Theseus if you dont really think that it will rv until 2019, then why dont you just keep that to yourself and let all of the rest of us have rainbow thoughts and maybe fart if we want to. Your analysis is just that...yours. Our analysis is just that....ours. I dont think squashing someones hopes for the gain of ones ego is really necessary at this point. We are all grown ups and can hope, pray, laugh, cry, *****, love, and maybe have some fun along the way in this investment without having someone constantly coming along and thinking they need to correct our thinking. I prefer my own thoughts and ideas, thank you very much. Good luck in your studies. ;)

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Theseus said:

Here let me help you guys along:

Iraq : First Review of the Three-Year Stand-By Arrangement and Financing Assurances Review, Requests for Waivers of Nonobservance and Applicability of Performance Criteria, Modification of Performance Criteria, and Rephasing of the Arrangement-Press Release; Staff Report; and Statement by the Executive Director for Iraq

Author/Editor:

International Monetary Fund. Middle East and Central Asia Dept.

Publication Date:

December 13, 2016

Electronic Access:

Free Full text (PDF file size is 2093 KB).Use the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this PDF file

Summary:

This paper discusses Iraq’s First Review of the Three-Year Stand-by Arrangement (SBA) and Financing Assurances Review, and Requests for Waivers of Nonobservance and Applicability of Performance Criteria (PCs). Two PCs at end September appear to have been met on the basis of preliminary unaudited data. One PC at end-June 2016 was missed. One continuous PC was missed. Completion of some structural benchmarks was delayed, but progress is being made for each. Hence, program performance has been mixed, but understandings on sufficient corrective actions have been reached to put the program back on track. The IMF staff recommends completion of the first review under the SBA and the financing assurances review and modification of the PCs and related rephrasing.

Notice the forecasted dates on the charts through 2021.

This is an interesting read. Cheers!, T.

The projected numbers for 2017 oil prices are off by 15+%, so far, in 'Text Table 1. Iraq: Selected Economic Indicators, 2013–21' (pp.13 of 109). Not sure what it all means, but it is clearly a significant piece of information to work through.

Edited by bkeiller
% could be off by more than 20%+?
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mylilpony said:

I would not usually butt in here but i do have to ask this. Theseus if you dont really think that it will rv until 2019, then why dont you just keep that to yourself and let all of the rest of us have rainbow thoughts and maybe fart if we want to. Your analysis is just that...yours. Our analysis is just that....ours. I dont think squashing someones hopes for the gain of ones ego is really necessary at this point. We are all grown ups and can hope, pray, laugh, cry, *****, love, and maybe have some fun along the way in this investment without having someone constantly coming along and thinking they need to correct our thinking. I prefer my own thoughts and ideas, thank you very much. Good luck in your studies. ;)

Then why did you just post this opinion? If you prefer your own? I am not the one who said there is no April 30 deadline when a lot of people here did. I am not the one who confused the HCA with the HCL and some still do to this day. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, even you. I never said one time the RV will not happen, I have always contended it will. I have contended it won't be this year or the next. Aren't you having fun?

4 minutes ago, bkeiller said:

This is an interesting read. Cheers!, T.

The projected numbers for 2017 oil prices are off by 15-18%, so far, in 'Text Table 1. Iraq: Selected Economic Indicators, 2013–21' (pp.13 of 109). Not sure what it all means, but it is clearly a significant piece of information to work through.

Considering the date of the review, December 2016, oil prices have gone up since where they were when the research was done for the review. The next review in the agreement is approaching. Will be interesting to see the progress Iraq has made, outside of news articles.  You also have to remember that this is the first review after the agreement was made and agreed to. The original letter from Iraq starts back in May 2016 and is agreed to by the IMF in June 2016. there is a clear paper trail.

• Upvote 2

Well this little dispute is just too fun to pass up.

I'm a 25 yr veteran Road Scholar and I can tell everyone here one simple fact that even Adam has repeatedly stated over the yrs. The value of the dinar, or any other currency, is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Anytime any Central Bank wants to revalue their currency they can. To attempt to place some kind of stipulation on a Central Bank's doing so is simply Guru speak.  

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Then why did you just post this opinion? If you prefer your own? I am not the one who said there is no April 30 deadline when a lot of people here did. I am not the one who confused the HCA with the HCL and some still do to this day. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, even you. I never said one time the RV will not happen, I have always contended it will. I have contended it won't be this year or the next. Aren't you having fun?

Considering the date of the review, December 2016, oil prices have gone up since where they were when the research was done for the review. The next review in the agreement is approaching. Will be interesting to see the progress Iraq has made, outside of news articles.  You also have to remember that this is the first review after the agreement was made and agreed to. The original letter from Iraq starts back in May 2016 and is agreed to by the IMF in June 2016. there is a clear paper trail.

Actually i am having fun..getting a good laugh right now. ;)

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, mylilpony said:

Actually i am having fun..getting a good laugh right now. ;)

Man I have been laughing since this started. Especially with the call for a mod to save the dude above. Too many people get their panties in a wad over the slightest thing and its fun to "discuss" things with them. 

Although I do need help with Red Ocean and Blue Ocean theory and strategy. That is more fun right now.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2