Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Lax US gun carry laws may be linked to stolen firearms, study finds

Research delves into how different characteristics among gun owners can increase their risk of theft as several cities have seen sharp jumps in stolen guns

Brian Freskos, the Trace

Tuesday 11 April 2017 11.00 BST

4000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=03fe5391f1785e941105e8040a812924
Many stolen guns are never recovered.
Photograph: Bloomberg News via Getty Images

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/11/gun-thefts-open-carry-harvard-study

I can not wait until they do away with each state having their own gun laws. I am a concealed carry holder from Texas, and I believe ours is the best system of training prior to licensing. I hate the idea that some states allowing concealed carry without training. I picture in my mind some dumbie buying a gun without having ever fired a gun. Something like licensing a person to drive a car without a road test. LOL

It would be a huge relief if I did not have to worry about each individual states gun laws as I travel. :):):) 

Edited by gymrat76541
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, gymrat76541 said:

I can not wait until they do away with each state having their own gun laws. I am a concealed carry holder from Texas, and I believe ours is the best system of training prior to licensing. I hate the idea that some states allowing concealed carry without training. I picture in my mind some dumbie buying a gun without having ever fired a gun. Something like licensing a person to drive a car without a road test. LOL

It would be a huge relief if I did not have to worry about each individual states gun laws as I travel. :):):) 

Tennessee also (IMO) has a excellent system.  Class is not less than 6 hrs with a written exam that must be passed.  Then you are off to shooting range and must qualify before you can even attempt to get license to carry.

Do they have something on the table to make all states the same?  Sure would be nice if proper training and education were implemented

Like you, traveling with a weapon is truly a Hassel.  Seems every state line you cross has different rules and regs..  Sure would hate to lose our guns because of other states rules.   

Classes and permit(contradicts 2 A) are fine and dandy until everyone has their hand out for fees. Next thing you know the cost to CCW is $500. (California is a prime example. And no guarantee you will get it either) Idaho is $63 for 5 years. If you want an Enhanced permit (It has repriocity with other states) you go to 2-4 hour classes. One legal, the other hands on. I applied for the simple one. I did not like having to hostler and unholster getting out of a car. You can carry concealed in a vehicle with a CCW. Otherwise it has to be in the open. Loaded, unloaded doesn't matter.

It use to be $500.  In Tenn. For a lifetime permit but I believe that was lowered.  Personally, I believe there should be fees.  That way every Tom, **** and Harry can't or won't get a license.  I know the bad guys aren't going to apply but with the fees, I feel that people are more responsible and genuinely want to do be educated and do what's right with their weapons.  Hey I felt like a million dollars when I got my permit.  I'd do it all over again if that's what it took to keep mine

That $500 in California is not lifetime. It is for first time. It makes it cost prohibited and it effectively shuts down a persons ability to legally protect themselves with a firearm. I believe every Tom, Rich and Harry should be able to get one. Once they pass the background check, pay a small fee, for admin costs, why not,if you can pass one to own then pass one to carry. 

That is why I left Ca. and moved to a state that supports and protects 2nd A rights. 

• Upvote 1