Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Finance Committee: $ 70 billion cost of war and reconstruction of the liberated areas

yota691

05-04-2017 09:23 AM
image.php?token=b115594f57fd1e710388fe79d04fbf3e&size=

Parliamentary Finance Committee revealed on Wednesday, the government 's agreement with the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund to borrow about $ 18 billion to bridge the fiscal deficit in the budget of 2017, noting that Iraq has not benefited from the increase in world oil prices because of the continuing financial and administrative corruption. 

The committee member said Ahmed Sarhan Sarhan said ' the government agreed with the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund to borrow about $ 18 billion to fill the fiscal deficit in the current year 's budget.' 

Sarhan added that ' the budget approved by parliament include an item of government borrowing by donors to bridge the fiscal deficit.' 

He continued that "Iraq has not benefited from the increase in world oil prices because of the continuing financial and administrative corruption and disbursement of funds is thoughtful '.

• Upvote 3

Iraq borrowed $ 18 billion to cover the deficit

Written by Economic news editor
Date: April 5, 2017

bdf4649c19284cd34a87e97cd80f6e30

BAGHDAD / NeniraQ

Revealed Parliamentary Finance Committee member Ahmed Sarhan Sarhan government agreement with the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund to borrow about $ 18 billion to bridge the fiscal deficit in the budget of 2017.

Sarhan said, according to a press statement vassal "NeniraQ" The government has agreed with the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund to borrow about $ 18 billion to fill the fiscal deficit in the current year's budget. "

Sarhan said that "the budget approved by parliament, includes an item of government borrowing by donors to bridge the fiscal deficit."

He added that "Iraq has not benefited from the increase in world oil prices because of the continuing financial and administrative corruption and disbursement of funds is thoughtful."

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Iraq said they weren't taking any more loans- WTF

Their word means nothing . . . And why the loan if you're out off Ch. 7 in 2 months?????

have we just been handed a bogus bill of goods ?

My opinion, this is old recycled news. A while back, Iraq was given an 18 billion dollar loan (this seemed to be granted suddenly) with 9 billion to pay off reparations to Kuwait over the 1990 Iraqi invasion. My understanding is the associated sanctions have now been lifted with the 9 billion dollar payment.

As we get closer to the main event, I think we will see news like we are on a roller coaster hitting a barrel roll one way and then a cork screw the other way. At some point, I may just forget about looking at these articles for a few days or couple weeks since they may be older, opinion pieces, or previously constructed and issued to create a sense of "Iraq is all over the place" like an attention deficit disorder adolescent high on sugar and caffeine.

I think this is all cover for a much more direct and secure plan being executed - possibly sprinkled in all the indiscernibly current news articles or portions thereof.

In the mean time...................

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 5

Yota Thanks,  DV,  Syn...Agree,  We are closing in on the last of the "Big Plan" to bring Iraq back to the International Stage so stay focused on the "Big Prize" because delay delay is no longer an option for Iraq.   Jared Kushner's visit was not all about "Liberation Of Mosul" but they dare not share with at the moment but sooner or later they must release the IQD's real value.

GO RV / RI

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

Yota Thanks,  DV,  Syn...Agree,  We are closing in on the last of the "Big Plan" to bring Iraq back to the International Stage so stay focused on the "Big Prize" because delay delay is no longer an option for Iraq.   Jared Kushner's visit was not all about "Liberation Of Mosul" but they dare not share with at the moment but sooner or later they must release the IQD's real value.

GO RV / RI

I agree, TigerGorZow!

The elusive IQD real value can not hide much longer!

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Wiljor said:

"As we get closer to the main event, I think we will see news like we are on a roller coaster hitting a barrel roll one way and then a cork screw the other way."

Bingo Syn, that is exactly what's is taking place, good eye bother. :twothumbs:

With the ISIS leaders bailing out of Mosul, the ride may get even faster! At least it will roll into the station sooner!

Top of the Morning to you, Wiljor!

:tiphat:

• Upvote 3

On 6 April 2017 at 5:43 AM, tigergorzow said:

GO RV / RI

But I'm getting a tad impatient now.. The journey has been too long thus far and I want to see the station soon and by that I mean "real soon" ... 🙏🙏🙏

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Parliamentary Finance: Iraq in the coming years will depend on loans April 8, 2017

irq_841333734_1491658392.jpg&max_width=300

BAGHDAD / .. Parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed on Saturday that Iraq needs to borrow from the IMF and the World Bank, over the coming years, stressing the need to draw a clear-cut and long-term economic plans.
A member of the committee MP Ahmad Sarhan, for "Eye of Iraq News", that "Iraq needs continuous loans from the World Bank or the International Monetary Fund, during this year and 2018 and 2019," noting that "the Iraqi economy collapsed."
 Ahmed added that "not for previous loans to what Iraq could wage war on Daesh and pay the salaries of employees," explaining that "Iraq needs funds to complete the purge of its territory from terrorism and Daesh, and the age of its regions, as well as investments, and these things are not only through loans" .
He pointed out that "the situation requires Iraq borrowing and borrowing in order to come out of the crisis, and they should be clearly defined and long-term economic plans."
Edited by DWS112
  • Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to IMF lowers loan to Iraq $ 13 billion

13227.jpg

Economy News / Baghdad ...

He revealed the Parliamentary Finance Committee member Abdul Qader Mohammed, Sunday, for the loan requested by Iraq from the International Monetary Fund value, while noting that the Fund reduced the loan amount from $ 15 billion to $ 13 billion for several reasons.

Mohammed said in a press statement, "The IMF will give Iraq nearly $ 13 billion instead of the $ 15 billion Iraq had requested a loan from the Fund."

He added that "the reason is due to the improvement in global oil prices, in addition to the inability of Iraq to pay $ 15 billion during the period prescribed to him," adding that "the fund will turn these funds in the form of industrial and commercial grants, agricultural and part of them to fill the budget deficit."

Views 30   Date Added 09/04/2017 - 10:24   Last updated 09/04/2017 - 14:48   No. Content 7094
  • Upvote 3

https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/CL1:COM

WTI crude is up almost $5 per barrel since 3/27/2017, when it was $47.73.

Keep on rising!

Crude Oil & Natural Gas

INDEX UNITS PRICE CHANGE %CHANGE CONTRACT TIME (EDT) 2 DAY
USD/bbl. 52.24 +0.54 +1.04% May 2017 4/7/2017
USD/bbl. 55.24 +0.35 +0.64% Jun 2017 4/7/2017
  • Upvote 3

On April 5, 2017 at 11:42 PM, Wiljor said:

"As we get closer to the main event, I think we will see news like we are on a roller coaster hitting a barrel roll one way and then a cork screw the other way."

Bingo Syn, that is exactly what's is taking place, good eye bother. :twothumbs:

Could not agree more. I used the example of spinning a quarter. When you first start it spins tightly, at the end you see it go side to side kind of out of control. At our end I expect to see all kinds of wild news to make you think that Iraq is on the edge of clasp, then Bang.  :bagofmoney: :bagofmoney:

• Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to Finance Committee: $ 70 billion cost of war and reconstruction of the liberated areas