Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mosul update

Wiljor

2 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Thaks Tigergorzow for keeping us up today with the liberation of Mosul.

I believe they can get it done before the end of the month.

Go liberation of Mosul 

Go RV

Go 2017

I think so too. Every time I view this site there is a high body count and they are giving up ground.  

• Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

I think so too. Every time I view this site there is a high body count and they are giving up ground.  

I wish I had started a total count. When forces started into the west side, they estimated 2000 ISIS remain. But after stating kills of 8, then 17, then 12, then 20 etc etc...they still estimate 2000. My math isn't what it used to be I guess. :huh:

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

Thaks Tigergorzow for keeping us up today with the liberation of Mosul.

I believe they can get it done before the end of the month.

Go liberation of Mosul 

Go RV

Go 2017

LB,  Always my friend....We are inching closer to the "Liberation Of Mosul" and the Iraqi & Coalitions Forces are now hitting them from all sides which will drive ISIS to our forces to either surrender or killed.   "Kill Them All" 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, King Bean said:

I wish I had started a total count. When forces started into the west side, they estimated 2000 ISIS remain. But after stating kills of 8, then 17, then 12, then 20 etc etc...they still estimate 2000. My math isn't what it used to be I guess. :huh:

KB, I have noticed a lot of irregularities as well which means we are only receiving what the Iraqi & Coalitions Forces want us to know.  I pray they are not dragging this out for some unforeseen reason because each day that passes the citizens in Western Mosul are either being injured, used as human shields or killed and God knows they want to be rescued as soon as possible.

Always Keeping The Faith

GO Liberation Of Mosul

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, King Bean said:

That because you are not using that new math they are teaching them. That is why when my bill $2.34 and I give them a $5.35 I get back 2000.  They just can not do the math. :lol: it is like pick answer C.

• Upvote 4

Video: U.S. Coalition Airstrike in Mosul Destroys Islamic State Headquarters (Video in link)

by Ben Kew20 Mar 201717

20 Mar, 201720 Mar, 2017

The U.S.-led coalition fighting the Islamic State (ISIS) has released footage showing the destruction of a hotel in Mosul it claims was used as the ISIS headquarters in the city.

Officials from Combined Joint Task Force (CJTF) working on Operation Inherent Resolve released footage on Monday of airstrikes on the Ashur Hotel in Mosul, northern Iraq, reportedly used as the headquarters for ISIS military meetings.

In a report by the Department of Defense, officials confirmed that two ISIS buildings were destroyed in the attack, as well as a range of weapons systems, supply routes, and tactical units:

Near Mosul, four strikes engaged three ISIS tactical units, an ISIS heavy machine gun team and an ISIS sniper team; destroyed six fighting positions, two heavy machine guns, two rocket-propelled grenade systems, two VBIEDs, two VBIED factories, two mortar systems, a command and control node, a tactical vehicle, a roadblock, a supply cache, and an ISIS-held building; damaged eight supply routes and an ISIS-held building; and suppressed 17 ISIS mortar teams and ten ISIS tactical units.

The U.S.-backed Iraqi alliance has now reportedly taken over the area after they began the operation to reclaim it on March 10. Iraqi military officials have claimed that victory over ISIS forces in Mosul is imminent.

“Despite the tough fighting, we are moving ahead in persistence to finish the battle for the western side within a month,” Iraqi Lt. Gen. Talib Shaghati, the Counter Terrorism Service (CTS) head, said last week.

However, there are now suspicions among U.S. military leaders that ISIS is employing chemical weapons to defend its Mosul territory, considered to be the group’s last major stronghold in Iraq.

In his first speech to Congress, President Donald Trump promised to eradicate ISIS and work with America’s “friends and allies in the Muslim world” to combat “radical Islamic terrorism,” a term both former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton refused to use. They referred, instead, to radical Islamic terrorism as “extremism” generally.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/03/20/video-u-s-coalition-airstrike-mosul-destroys-islamic-state-hq/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, King Bean said:

They're cockroaches. They reproduce way too fast to get anything accurate until we wipe out the nest.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

17 hours ago, tigergorzow said:

LB,  Always my friend....We are inching closer to the "Liberation Of Mosul" and the Iraqi & Coalitions Forces are now hitting them from all sides which will drive ISIS to our forces to either surrender or killed.   "Kill Them All" 

ISIS will be history really soon.!

Go liberation of Mosul 

Go security 

Go stability 

Go RV 

Go 2017

• Upvote 4

Security forces liberate Resalah, Nablus in Mosul's right bank

March 21 2017 10:31 AM
Iraqi security forces
Iraqi security forces

Iraqi security forces liberated on Tuesday al-Resalah neighborhood and Nablus apartments in the right bank of Mosul, "We Are Coming Nineveh" Operations Commander Abd al-Amir Rashid Yarallah said.

The security forces raised the Iraqi flag over the liberated areas after inflicting heavy losses on ISIS terrorists, Yarallah added.

The Iraqi forces are fighting a bloody battle to retake the right bank of Mosul, the last major stronghold of ISIS in Iraq with the support of US-led Coalition and the participation of Iranian backed sectarian militias (IMIS).

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/8412/Security-forces-liberate-Resalah-Nablus-in-Mosul-s-right-bank

Police deploy dozens of snipers on rooftops near Grand Nouri Mosque

March 21 2017 12:06 PM
Raed Shakir Gawdat
Raed Shakir Gawdat

Iraqi Federal Police have deployed dozens of snipers on rooftops of houses near the "Grand Nouri" mosque in the old city of Mosul to support the troops positioned there, Commander of Iraqi Federal Police Lt. Gen. Raed Shakir Jawdat said on Tuesday. 

In a press statement, Gwadat said that the Iraqi forces evacuated hundreds of displaced people to isolate ISIS terrorists and to prevent them from using civilians as humans shields if an operation was launched to storm the Mosque and recapture it from the terrorist group.

Mosul's Grand Mosque of al-Nuri, in which ISIS leader, Ibrahim al-Samarrai, also known as Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, appeared in June 2014 after the terrorist group captured the city. 

The operations are part of a massive offensive launched by Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi on February 19 to take control of the western side of the embattled city of Mosul which has been under the control of ISIS since June 2014.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/8416/Police-deploy-dozens-of-snipers-on-rooftops-near-Grand-Nouri-Mosque

UN expects 320,000 Iraqis to flee Mosul in next days

March 21 2017 01:08 PM
Iraqi displaced people
Iraqi displaced people

Humanitarian agencies are bracing for the possibility that in coming weeks about 300,000 to 320,000 civilians may flee the western districts of Iraqi's Mosul city where Government forces are fighting to oust ISIS terrorists, a senior United Nations aid official in the country has said.

Humanitarian agencies are deeply worried that civilians are at grave risk in western Mosul. The use of explosives in the densely populated Old City is likely to cause extensive damage, and people fleeing are telling humanitarian workers that it's very difficult to enter or leave the Old City, said said the Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq, Lise Grande, in a news release issued yesterday by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA ).

“Families are at risk of being shot if they leave and they are at risk if they stay. It's horrible. Hundreds of thousands of civilians are trapped and they are in terrible danger,” she said.

The main supply route into western Mosul has been cut since mid-November. Families fleeing the city are reporting that shelves are empty and that the only food available is what they already have at home. Water and electricity supplies have been cut and medicines are running out.

Since 17 October 2016, over 330,000 people have been displaced by the Mosul crisis, over 70,000 of whom have returned to their homes. Humanitarian agencies have been working around the clock to provide life-saving support to more than 1.3 million people from eastern and western Mosul including families who have stayed in their homes, and those who have fled.

The Iraqi forces launched an offensive to liberate western Mosul from ISIS terrorists on 19th of February after declaring on 24 of January that they have fully controlled the eastern part of the city.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/8419/UN-expects-320-000-Iraqis-to-flee-Mosul-in-next-days

IMIS thugs steal electricity project's power generators in Mosul

March 21 2017 01:46 PM
IMIS militants
IMIS militants

IMIS thugs are systematically stealing huge power generators from al-Kusor station in the left bank of Mosul, a well informed source told The Baghdad Post.

The source asserted that two generators were stolen on Monday night despite being under the protection of IMIS militants.

The commander of the Iraqi Army's 16th Division ordered the formation of a commission to search for the stolen generators, according to the source.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/8422/IMIS-thugs-steal-electricity-project-s-power-generators-in-Mosul

IMIS thugs continue looting Mosul's houses

March 21 2017 02:49 PM
IMIS thugs are ransacking Mosul
IMIS thugs are ransacking Mosul

IMIS thugs have looted most of al-Tayaran neighborhood which has been liberated last week in the right bank of Mosul, a well-informed source told The Baghdad Post on Tuesday.

Earlier, IMIS thugs forced al-Tayaran neighborhood residents to leave their homes claiming that they will transfer the residents to a safer area, the source added.

The militants took advantage of the empty houses and robbed even vehicle tiers while chanting sectarian and immoral slogans.

Mosul residents also pleaded to the authorities to rescue them after IMIS militants who are wearing security forces uniforms, especially the Federal Police's, had systematically looted their homes and possessions.

The city residents said they identified those gangs from their sectarian logos and their informal looks, but they refused to report them to the police for fearing over their lives.

These violations have increased after the massive waves of displaced citizens to the left bank of Mosul from the right one.

The looted possessions have been moved by trucks into Salahuddin governorate where tens of these gangs are located.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/8426/IMIS-thugs-continue-looting-Mosul-s-houses

Fierce clashes in Old City of Mosul

March 21 2017 03:20 PM
Iraqi security forces
Iraqi security forces

Fierce clashes have erupted in the old city of Mosul, a local security source said on Tuesday.

ISIS has deployed many snipers on the rooftops of the neighborhood to halt the Iraqi Army's advance, the source added, noting that the security forces won't be able to use military vehicles due to the narrow streets and alleys of the Old city.

The Iraqi air forces have executed an intensive aerial bombardment despite the bad weather conditions, according to the source.

This comes as the Iraqi forces, in collaboration with US-led coalition, are continuing offensive against the terror group of ISIS to retake the rest of Mosul.

On February 19, prime minister Hiader Al-Abadi declared the start of a major offensive to wipe the terror group, which once controlled the city as part of its self-styled caliphate.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/8428/Fierce-clashes-in-Old-City-of-Mosul

• Upvote 1