Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Did Trump Just Declare War on the FBI?

Did Trump Just Declare War on the FBI?

The tension between the White House and the Federal Bureau of Investigation reached what could be a tipping point on Monday morning, when a spokesperson for President Trump said that the president does not accept FBI Director James Comey’s claim that there was no wiretapping of Trump Tower.

Over the weekend, Trump accused his predecessor Barack Obama of ordering a wiretap of Trump Tower during the final weeks of the 2016 presidential campaign. On Sunday, reports began appearing in major news outlets that Comey rejected the president’s claim outright and that he had asked the Department of Justice, which oversees the FBI, to issue a statement challenging Trump’s claim.

The Justice Department has not weighed in so far. But after news of Comey’s pushback surfaced, White House Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was asked by George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s Good Morning America if Trump accepted the FBI director’s word on the subject.

“You know, I don't think he does, George,” she replied. “I think he firmly believes that this is a storyline that has been reported pretty widely by quite a few outlets. The wiretapping has been discussed in The New York Times, BBC, Fox News and we believe that it should be looked at by the House Intelligence Committee.”

The stories she cited, as Stephanopoulos pointed out immediately, do not actually back up Trump’s claim that there was a presidential directive to place Trump Tower under surveillance.

Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway joined the fray on Fox & Friends, restating Trump’s claim that there was wiretapping and hinting that Trump knows things that others do not. "He's the president of the United States," Conway said. "He has information and intelligence that the rest of us do not." Whether Trump knows things that Comey does not was not addressed.

Trump himself invoked the specter of Richard Nixon and the Watergate scandal over the weekend, comparing Obama’s alleged surveillance of his office tower to the former president’s use of the executive branch to harass his enemies.

However, the more apt comparison here might be another moment in Nixon’s troubled history: his demand that Attorney General Elliot Richardson fire Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox, who was investigating the Watergate affair. Nixon’s order prompted Richardson to resign. He was followed out the door by Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus, who also refused to fire Cox.

Richardson and Ruckelshaus were put in a position where they were forced to choose between serving the president and maintaining their personal integrity. Comey’s position is similar, except that rather than ask him to compromise his principles, Trump has questioned the FBI director’s integrity indirectly.

As one of the nation’s top law enforcement officials, Comey is in what seems to be an untenable position. Being questioned by the president, however unfairly, will open up Comey and the agents who work for him to claims that other cases are being brought under dubious circumstances. For that reason, his resignation has become a real possibility.

If he doesn’t resign, it’s hard to see how he doesn’t get fired. Given the extraordinary power of the FBI director, it would be difficult for the White House to fail to demand Comey’s resignation. If the president really believes that Comey isn’t speaking truthfully to the public, the only responsible step would be to immediately replace him.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/did-trump-just-declare-war-175800822.html

B/A

• Downvote 2

14 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I think they declared war on him but they made a fatal mistake in thinking that he would cower down like that wimp John McCain. Instead he is gonna put a lot of people in prison for high crimes. But hey that's just my racist, redneck, antihomo opinon right :lol:

I'm right there with ya brother...After the scandalous previous eight years that are being exposed day after day...Let the cards fall where they may...These comical responses by the left to try and justify their sheer ignorance by comparing reality to tyranny is an expression of their frustration...Time has proven the incompetence of people that continue to exalt enter bigotry....   

• Upvote 2

I see the reason Trump was elected all over what is happening today.  The establishment is corrupt and his promise was to stop that corruption.  I believe he is even surprised at the depth of the corruption.  People didn't vote for Trump because he was so wonderful.....they voted for the concept of returning control of the country back to the citizens.  I for one, hope he is successful!

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I think they declared war on him but they made a fatal mistake in thinking that he would cower down like that wimp John McCain. Instead he is gonna put a lot of people in prison for high crimes. But hey that's just my racist, redneck, antihomo opinon right :lol:

6 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

I'm right there with ya brother...After the scandalous previous eight years that are being exposed day after day...Let the cards fall where they may...These comical responses by the left to try and justify their sheer ignorance by comparing reality to tyranny is an expression of their frustration...Time has proven the incompetence of people that continue to exalt enter bigotry....   

Spot on ! Just another Umbertino ...... Trying to stir the pot. It's always a great day when their hatred consumes them. 👿

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

I actually agree with the above highlighted statement.  I'm all in and prepared to accept the outcome.....are you?  B)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

I'm all in and prepared to accept the outcome

I'm always prepared...and could care less with what part of my statement you agree with...You've proven to be an extreme left sympathiser and I neither care or value your comments or the mindset of liberals...I've dealt with  the closed mindedness of liberals and their baseless mentality for decades and have come to the conclusion that it's futile to even try and have an open minded discussion....So I neither care for your opion or respect the theology behind it....

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

I'm always prepared...and could care less with what part of my statement you agree with...You've proven to be an extreme left sympathiser and I neither care or value your comments or the mindset of liberals...I've dealt with  the closed mindedness of liberals and their baseless mentality for decades and have come to the conclusion that it's futile to even try and have an open minded discussion....So I neither care for your opion or respect the theology behind it....

Cared enough to respond though.  :facepalm: 

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, skeetdog said:

Your ignorance is only surpassed by your narcissism....Again you've shown your inability to comprehend the intention of the narrative....

All of this hubbub because you misspoke?  You could of just as easily corrected your original statement to reflect your true thoughts and then moved on.  You do like to perform personal attacks though....can you roll over and play fetch, as well?   :huh:

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 2

4 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Nope, this is just preparation for war. Hate is when a bunch of innocent people Marching for their president get attacked by a bunch of psycho freaks.

liberals -  oligofrenias, mentally retarded idiots plenty here.

Edited by huffy2005
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, bostonangler said:

You really need to stop calling for war, death and maiming your neighbors.

B/A

Maybe those same Neighbor should stop their acts of Violence against Peaceful Trump Supporters before the Right goes on the Offense and puts a stop to it once and for all.....Just sayin maybe they are the ones who aren't going to like the out come of their Aggression.

Ya have a nice day now while I clean my guns and get in some range time.

Karsten

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Karsten said:

Maybe those same Neighbor should stop their acts of Violence against Peaceful Trump Supporters before the Right goes on the Offense and puts a stop to it once and for all.....Just sayin maybe they are the ones who aren't going to like the out come of their Aggression.

Karsten

More hate.... Right?

B/A

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Karsten said:

Karsten

You certainly sound peaceful.  :lol:

GO RV, then BV