Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Site search enhancement??

Xtaxguy

13 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

I read both of those threads, he posts communist garbage, you have the option to skip over the topic and not read it, which I don't have the option to do because I have to make sure everyone's being civil, you don't have that obligation. Count your blessings. :twothumbs: 

mea maxima culpa.

i do count my blessings sir. I apologize if I got your ire up. I do read 95 % of all post voluntarily. You have the 100%.

I just feel strongly about people posting euro trash in an American forum then supported by low information people from  New York and Boston.

some people take freedom of speech and make it sound like a jackass braying.

Edited by Muleslayer
For spelling Ms WHN! Nah nah!
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

I read both of those threads, he posts communist garbage, you have the option to skip over the topic and not read it, which I don't have the option to do because I have to make sure everyone's being civil, you don't have that obligation. Count your blessings. :twothumbs: 

Of course we appreciate your attention and perspective, Mark.  Those two forums are some of the most popular and my personal favorites.  I (we) should not have to "give them up" due to one or two CONSISTENTLY contemptuous posters.  It's just a shame to see THOSE TWO forums spammed, with obvious disregard and contempt for fellow members.   I don't know how else to say it.  His behavior should be against the terms of service.

Thanks again for your attention and weighing in.  :tiphat:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Of course we appreciate your attention and perspective, Mark.  Those two forums are some of the most popular and my personal favorites.  I (we) should not have to "give them up" due to one or two CONSISTENTLY contemptuous posters.  It's just a shame to see THOSE TWO forums spammed, with obvious disregard and contempt for fellow members.   I don't know how else to say it.  His behavior should be against the terms of service.

Thanks again for your attention and weighing in.  :tiphat:

Thank you. I have read your words. They seem strangely familiar to me.

Puts me in mind of 19th century telegraph trivia. You could recognize who was sending a message by their "fist".

1. (amateur radio) the characteristic signaling rhythm of an individual telegraph or CW operator when sending Morse code
  2. https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/fist

So I grew a pair! :bump:

open question:

any ideas on how to deal with this? Any body?

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Muleslayer said:

Thank you. I have read your words. They seem strangely familiar to me.

Puts me in mind of 19th century telegraph trivia. You could recognize who was sending a message by their "fist".

1. (amateur radio) the characteristic signaling rhythm of an individual telegraph or CW operator when sending Morse code
  2. https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/fist

So I grew a pair! :bump:

open question:

any ideas on how to deal with this? Any body?

Ten-Four, good buddy!  Friends always try to respond to ... --- ...

I'm just a "Philosophical Warrior" ;)

• Upvote 3

On 3/22/2017 at 11:13 PM, Markinsa said:

See my quote above.

OK Mark... I have done this to filter out the Music Forum.  Now, it seems I have to click on "My Activity Streams" (rather than All Activity) each time I want to view Activity?  Is there any way to have My Activity Streams REPLACE All Activity as the new default?  I only ask, because when I select My Activity Streams, all the forums show up listed beneath the Images... just taking up additional screen space!

Ugggh!  Just found out that after each time I view a post, I have to click Activity, THEN My Activity Streams, in order to get back to my default.

Edited by Jaxinjersey
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jaxinjersey said:

OK Mark... I have done this to filter out the Music Forum.  Now, it seems I have to click on "My Activity Streams" (rather than All Activity) each time I want to view Activity?  Is there any way to have My Activity Streams REPLACE All Activity as the new default?  I only ask, because when I select My Activity Streams, all the forums show up listed beneath the Images... just taking up additional screen space!

Ugggh!  Just found out that after each time I view a post, I have to click Activity, THEN My Activity Streams (My Forums), in order to get back to my default.

Also, Mark... the new "My Activity Streams (My Forums)" DOES NOT Auto Update!  I can't find an option for that.

I was able to somehow eliminate all the forums showing up... but it still shows the settings options in that same space.

Edited by Jaxinjersey

3 hours ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Ugggh!  Just found out that after each time I view a post, I have to click Activity, THEN My Activity Streams, in order to get back to my default.

When I'm on DV, I just click on my Default Activity Stream, "My Forums". When you click on it, it will refresh your screen.

myforum2.jpg

In addition to the above "My Forums" location, it is also located at the bottom of the website page:

bottommyforum.jpg

59 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Also, Mark... the new "My Activity Streams (My Forums)" DOES NOT Auto Update!  I can't find an option for that.

I was able to somehow eliminate all the forums showing up... but it still shows the settings options in that same space.

I can't see your screen. :shrug:

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

When I'm on DV, I just click on my Default Activity Stream, "My Forums". When you click on it, it will refresh your screen.

myforum2.jpg

In addition to the above "My Forums" location, it is also located at the bottom of the website page:

bottommyforum.jpg

I can't see your screen. :shrug:

I've been navigating it pretty well... but it's a shame I have to constantly refresh in order to see new content!  I'm just surprised that the system doesn't apply the Auto Update to the new stream!

And, my screen looked just like yours... see all the forums listed?  I was able to eliminate them from showing up... only the settings (Show me, Content type, etc.) still show... but I can live with that.

Thanks for all your help!  I'll use my new stream when I see the Music starting to be posted!

:tiphat:

On 3/24/2017 at 0:07 AM, Markinsa said:

You know, the ONLY time I see umbertino's posts is when he posts in something other than the Music Forum.  The reason I don't see the music posts is because I don't have that Forum in my list of Forums I want to view.  I can guarantee you, we're not talking about limiting anyone's posts.  You need to follow my suggestion if you want to eliminate these types of posts.

:twothumbs::twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

On 3/24/2017 at 10:32 PM, Muleslayer said:

I just feel strongly about people posting euro trash in an American forum then supported by low information people from  New York and Boston.

some people take freedom of speech and make it sound like a jackass braying.

Just a fyi:  we have many different countries viewing this site :)

I think Markinsa has given the best advise about placing certain people on ignore so you don't see their post!! :cowboy2:

FireShot Capture 007.jpg

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Bumper64 said:

Just a fyi:  we have many different countries viewing this site :)

I think Markinsa has given the best advise about placing certain people on ignore so you don't see their post!! :cowboy2:

FireShot Capture 007.jpg

Thanks Bumper... great to see you!

With your numbers, and perspective... does that give one or two members the right to abuse other members?  Spam the site with zero accountability?  Why should thousands of members (regardless of country) be subjected to such, as well as be "forced" into an undesirable option of "filtering" or "ignoring"?  For some of us... that's just brushing the dirt under the rug... It's still there... and deserves to be confronted.  The problem is... how do you continually confront incoming garbage from a contemptuous fellow member?  It's a moral dilemma, that some of us here feel strongly about.  Asking us to jump through hoops and adjust to another's contempt and agenda, is just wrong, in my opinion.

Mark helped me with the filtering aspect... and frankly, it leaves me with a diminished DV product, especially as a VIP.  The new filtered forums stream does not "auto update", leaving me with more "work" to perform in order to enjoy ALL of the site.  It should not have to be this way... because of one or two members.

There are some very good suggestions within this thread... ALL presented in good faith and respect.  Whether they are instituted or not, remains to be seen.  Regardless, some of us will have to remain vigilant toward any disrespect we feel, for our individual sake... as well as for DV's.

Thank you for taking the time to explore this with us!  :tiphat:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Jim1cor13 said:

In my opinion, maybe you guys should ask Adam for your own little safe space,

so you don't have to be exposed to such life threatening posts.

Then you can go about your witch hunts safely.

Respectfully Jim, perhaps you should re-read my concerns, and address them specifically.  In your personal dignity, at least you have the respect to engage and discuss.  That's all I'm interested in.  

• Upvote 2

Here's the thing guys, we can't micro-manage this forum.  We never have and most likely never will...  If someone is breaking the rules then hit the report button,  I can't ask someone to stop posting unless it is abuse,profanity,bulling etc.....  If we stopped everyone that has a different opinion then we might as well shut the site down.  I'M SORRY that this is troubling a lot of you good members but we Mods/Admin have to walk a fine line and make sure we are as fair to everyone of this site as possible!!!  We have had this discussion many times in the Mod forum of this site and have have yet to come up with the perfect answer to this problem that is fair to all!!! :):)

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Proposed ground rules to an individual's freedom of speech use, with a punishment kicker, as determined by a conservative think tank.....interesting premise.

GO RV, then BV 

Freedom of speech is already constitutionally limited whether in public, private or a public/private venue.  I believe DV falls in the last category.  

Are you suggesting there should be no ground rules for an individuals freedom of speech?  I am interested in the model you propose where all persons can say whatever they want, when ever they want and wherever they want.B)

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bumper64 said:

Here's the thing guys, we can't micro-manage this forum.  We never have and most likely never will...  If someone is breaking the rules then hit the report button,  I can't ask someone to stop posting unless it is abuse,profanity,bulling etc.....  If we stopped everyone that has a different opinion then we might as well shut the site down.  I'M SORRY that this is troubling a lot of you good members but we Mods/Admin have to walk a fine line and make sure we are as fair to everyone of this site as possible!!!  We have had this discussion many times in the Mod forum of this site and have have yet to come up with the perfect answer to this problem that is fair to all!!! :):)

Thanks Bumper for some further insight...

I'd say the Lopster Tank is a great model of micro-managing.  Actually, it exists for almost the same exact reason... agenda driven agitators.  So, I see nothing unfair about the suggestions in this thread.  ALL would have to abide... and ALMOST all already do... that's the point.  Why are just a few allowed to purposely agitate the rest?  Is that not abuse?  And, it is on purpose... this is already proven by the failure of the Originating Poster to address others' questions and concerns... for years!  Hence, eliciting a defensive thread like this.

I'm done with this thread, unless there are further observations to be made.

Thanks again for your attention. 

• Upvote 7

49 minutes ago, George Hayduke said:

Freedom of speech is already constitutionally limited whether in public, private or a public/private venue.  I believe DV falls in the last category.  

Are you suggesting there should be no ground rules for an individuals freedom of speech?  I am interested in the model you propose where all persons can say whatever they want, when ever they want and wherever they want.B)

I did not suggest any such thing.  There are already ground rules.  It seems that some here don't believe those rules go far enough in providing a wanted safe space for like minded individuals.  In the simplest of explanations, try and follow this easy example of resolution:  A hungry consumer who suffers from a shell fish allergy goes to his favorite restaurant where he skips past the lobster rolls on the menu and lands on his favorite sirloin.  He enjoys his succulent steak....he doesn't track down the manager and complain about the lobster rolls menu existence.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:29 PM, Jaxinjersey said:

Ok, Team Leader... I'm going to stay on point and keep this simple, as it's easy to get too wordy and overemphasize this strategy...

If there is no AGREEMENT on a true premise... don't engage.

In SUMMARY.... DON'T RESPOND... CALL OUT... INSIST UPON A CLEAR AND TRUE PREMISE

Better yet why don't we "REPORT" for infringing on my freedoms, liberty and pursuit to happiness. He won't be man enough to respond to his threads.  I'll take it as his intent is to destroy my freedoms.  Respect is earned, at this point he has not earned it from me.  Call me whining, crybaby all you want, tell me to move on all you want, but those who do not stand for freedoms will be the ones whining and crying "what happened!!!!"

Thanks mods for trying your best to keep this site equal to all, but your efforts have failed.   I too will step away from this thread, but rest assure Umbertino will continue his bias corrupted, destructive, views, along with his continuous of dividing the members here. 

If Captain Moroni were here today...:

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, George Hayduke said:

:tiphat:

• Upvote 3

Shabs, I can follow your example of resolution from your premise right up to its limitation and failure.  Your analogy limits (oops there's a restriction/rule) the only places where people can eat is at a restaurant that is the same as every other restaurant with the exact same menu.  If that were the case you would be correct but, it is not an accurate model of our real world environment where speech expresses ideas and thoughts that can lead to action.  That is why it would be inappropriate for a Jew to go to a Christian church and demand the parishioners quit eating shell fish or visa-versa.

• Upvote 5

I was watching a show on Netflix a few days ago called the killing. At one point in the show the school headmistress was atempting to correct a wayward cadet.

the cadet asked an insensitive question. The headmistress replied "you do not have to say everything the pops into your head"

you do not have to post every piece of commie trash that you find on the Gaurdian!

if you are irritating your fellows (and you are)then maybe you should think twice about what you post.

freedom of speech is a precious gift which I have put in my share (and more) of blood sweat and tears into preserving as did my platoon mates!

we could have a blanket party for Gomer to correct his bad behavior! It made Gomer straight in up and fly right!

Gunny where are you!

8 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

Then you can go about your witch hunts safely.

Witch hunts? Jim that was a cheap shot!  I simply want respect for the beliefs of (I believe) the majority of this forum.

umbert shabs and b/a can speak there mind's but I cannot?

dang I should have voted for Hillarious!

Edited by Muleslayer
Punctuation.
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, pattyangel said:

Better yet why don't we "REPORT" for infringing on my freedoms, liberty and pursuit to happiness. He won't be man enough to respond to his threads.  I'll take it as his intent is to destroy my freedoms.  Respect is earned, at this point he has not earned it from me.  Call me whining, crybaby all you want, tell me to move on all you want, but those who do not stand for freedoms will be the ones whining and crying "what happened!!!!"

Thanks mods for trying your best to keep this site equal to all, but your efforts have failed.   I too will step away from this thread, but rest assure Umbertino will continue his bias corrupted, destructive, views, along with his continuous of dividing the members here. 

If Captain Moroni were here today...:

Love you Miss Patty!

• Upvote 6