Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RE: CLARK HOWARD (famous money guru)

bullett

I very rarely post but I am really mad! I first learned about Iraqi Dinars in Sept. 2009 and have been buying ever since. Of course my wife, friends, family etc. all think I am an idiot no problem I have made a lot of money in my life by following my instincts they all know this but in this case still think I am being scammed. Well my wife loves to follow this famous "money guru/ genius" Clark Howard on TV. So today some wimpy whinning Dinar investor called up crying that "he has had his dinars for a long time and nothing has happened" and asked Clark Howard's opinion on Iraqi Dinars! So Mr. Genius (Howard) tells him dinars aren't worth hardly anything because the country is still too unstable (OK so far) and asked Mr. Whimpy/crybaby if he had a lot of money invested? Whimpy said no he didn't. So the "expert" told him that He didn't think dinars would be worth much anytime soon and he actually told crybaby that he should keep the dinars as SOUVENIRS!! This is all my wife needed to hear! This guy is a multi-millionar but is so cheap whenever he rarely takes his wife on vacation he refuses to stay in a really nice hotel but will only stay in a "cheap BARGAIN hotel". I can't wait for the Dinatr to RV so I can call up this Genius and let him have it!! As for the wife we have been married long enough to know this so called Genius (JACKASS) won't stop me from buying. The longer this takes the bigger my Dinar pile is going to get. Amen Bullett

• Upvote 5

I very rarely post but I am really mad! I first learned about Iraqi Dinars in Sept. 2009 and have been buying ever since. Of course my wife, friends, family etc. all think I am an idiot no problem I have made a lot of money in my life by following my instincts they all know this but in this case still think I am being scammed. Well my wife loves to follow this famous "money guru/ genius" Clark Howard on TV. So today some wimpy whinning Dinar investor called up crying that "he has had his dinars for a long time and nothing has happened" and asked Clark Howard's opinion on Iraqi Dinars! So Mr. Genius (Howard) tells him dinars aren't worth hardly anything because the country is still too unstable (OK so far) and asked Mr. Whimpy/crybaby if he had a lot of money invested? Whimpy said no he didn't. So the "expert" told him that He didn't think dinars would be worth much anytime soon and he actually told crybaby that he should keep the dinars as SOUVENIRS!! This is all my wife needed to hear! This guy is a multi-millionar but is so cheap whenever he rarely takes his wife on vacation he refuses to stay in a really nice hotel but will only stay in a "cheap BARGAIN hotel". I can't wait for the Dinatr to RV so I can call up this Genius and let him have it!! As for the wife we have been married long enough to know this so called Genius (JACKASS) won't stop me from buying. The longer this takes the bigger my Dinar pile is going to get. Amen Bullett

Not to worry I think HOward is dumber than dirt and probably might even have millions of dinar. he just doesnt want anyone else to buy it. LOL

I don't care what he said at the beginning until the end, but I do care what he said at this point

I cannot help but chuckle reading these post. Clark Howard started out as a local "cheap" celebrity here in the Atlanta area. And yes, he is very cheap, admits to buying his clothes at Goodwill, thrift stores and yard/garage sales. Having said that, he is usually full of very good advice on money matters, i.e., the cheapest way to travel, nice hotels on the cheap, etc.

He is however,also a very smart man when it comes to structuring mortgages, bank loans, finding the best bank for checking/savings account and does a good job of interpreting "legalese" on some documents that his followers have called in on to ask about. He is very much a consumer's advocate and has done a lot of good things with his advice.

However, having said all that, I personally think he his way off the mark on dinar investment and its' potential. He has be wrong in the past about some things, and has gone on the air and admitted so. Not many times, but the few times he was wrong, he was big enough to put it out there that he was.

So keep in mind that when Howard says the negative things about dinar, just know that the day will come (soon, we all pray) that he will once again have to go on the air and admit, "I was wrong".

• Upvote 2

here is my view! i have watched the "gurus" on cnbc and am astonished at how smart and also how dumb many of them are. so pick your gurus with care i suppose is the thought. from your description of clark howard, i'd add him to the "dumb" category.

look i felt sorry for a friend getting a divorce today and recommended that she might just take $500 and get some dinar. it could change her life. it fell on deaf ears.

I cannot help but chuckle reading these post. Clark Howard started out as a local "cheap" celebrity here in the Atlanta area. And yes, he is very cheap, admits to buying his clothes at Goodwill, thrift stores and yard/garage sales. Having said that, he is usually full of very good advice on money matters, i.e., the cheapest way to travel, nice hotels on the cheap, etc.

He is however,also a very smart man when it comes to structuring mortgages, bank loans, finding the best bank for checking/savings account and does a good job of interpreting "legalese" on some documents that his followers have called in on to ask about. He is very much a consumer's advocate and has done a lot of good things with his advice.

However, having said all that, I personally think he his way off the mark on dinar investment and its' potential. He has be wrong in the past about some things, and has gone on the air and admitted so. Not many times, but the few times he was wrong, he was big enough to put it out there that he was.

So keep in mind that when Howard says the negative things about dinar, just know that the day will come (soon, we all pray) that he will once again have to go on the air and admit, "I was wrong".

As a former 10 year mortgage vet I can say that there were plenty of times that I have heard Clark Howard talk out of his ass regarding the mortgage industry.

Your first paragraph hit the nail on the head. The guy is the uber cheap skate no risk shut in type.

Sorry to hear about the wife I’ve been married to mine 27 years now. Personally, I’ve made more money by mistake than trying so she rarely gives me any crap. I wouldn’t say she trusts me completely but she likes not having to work. I call her and she gets the cashiers checks ready when they drop off the Dong I am already in Iraq so I just hit the ATM on base it dispenses Dinar.

Good luck with the wife.

Madman Out

• Upvote 2

Bullet... would you go to your doctor for legal advice or call your CPA if your kids got a fever? Pretty much the same analogy with asking Howard about Dinars. Howard is no more than a Dear Abbey consumer advocate. Your title (famous money guru) was amusing since he's anything but.

Tell your wife to listen to true financial people from Wall Street like Made Money (Cramer) or Jack Deangelis who worked their way through wall street and understand economics.

• Upvote 1

I love Clark Howard, but asking him questions about Iraqi Dinar is definitely outside of his area of expertise. He's always more safe & steady with index funds, diversified portfolio, etc. I'd trust him with advice on saving money, avoiding scams, etc and love him for what he does, but this area is not his forté.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I love Clark Howard, but asking him questions about Iraqi Dinar is definitely outside of his area of expertise. He's always more safe & steady with index funds, diversified portfolio, etc. I'd trust him with advice on saving money, avoiding scams, etc and love him for what he does, but this area is not his forté.

Thanks everyone for the comments. My gut feeling about Clark Howard was the same as all of you. I think he's good at finding bargains but is really cheap too bad he won't spend more of his money as you can't take it with you! You'll never be good at investments if you won't take a calculated risk and are that afraid. We're not millionaires (yet) but are OK- so I told my wife she should have married someone like Howard and when she found out how cheap he was she said forget it! Women are funny and so security conscious I love women been married 40 years- thank God my 2 boys take after me! I definitely think RV this year sure hope Sonny1 is right about July 26 I think they have to at least have a new gov't and PM and Pres. in by then in order to RV.

I used to like Clark Howard and always listened to him. Until one day he gave someone some really bad advise. So, I don't really listen to him anymore. Decided that if he gave questionable advise about something that I know about, then for me, that puts everything else he says in question as well.

Its funny how all the "Gurus" think this is a scam except for all of us though. Since i have been here on this site I have heard vice presidents of banks, edward jones reps, money managers all say this was a scam. So like I said not one person in the dinar business has been right. So what do we say.

Ali??? Is that you?? lol

Its funny how all the "Gurus" think this is a scam except for all of us though. Since i have been here on this site I have heard vice presidents of banks, edward jones reps, money managers all say this was a scam. So like I said not one person in the dinar business has been right. So what do we say.

Well... I think the problem is the word and definition of guru. The people you mentioned above would not have any knowledge of currency not recognized by the international community. In banks, everyone has vice president titles and the others you mentioned are in the business to sell you stocks. Wall Street has lost almost a quarter of it's investors, do you really think they want you playing in the currency markets and not investing in American companies?

I also believe there is a level of secrecy within the banking system and government to keep this quiet. Why? The last thing the IMF would want is for the world to be aware of the Dinar and speculators flood the market. We all saw what speculators did to the Real Estate market here (not blaming it all on them but...)

Just my opinion...

• Upvote 1

I agree with Soldier and his comment. Why is there such a gap between what Dinar Investors and Professional Money People believe? I know professional money people have to provide advice only on "qualified" investments as such and are not qualified to provide advice on non-traded currencies. But what confuses me is "Why do they stay TOTALLY away from any advice on the IQD other than it is high risk or a scam?" I spoke with a high net-worth advisor from Chase bank and tried to set up an appointment with him in order to be prepared for the conditions of post-RV. He was interested and an appointment was setup, but after about 5 days, he emailed me and stated that based on discussions with his "Team", they have decided to cancel the schedule appointment and wished me the best with my investment. Yes, he know that this meeting was based on the RVing of the IQD and I just wanted to share this experience. I found it confusing as "Soldier" has mentioned. I would certainly be open to any comments.

I agree with Soldier and his comment. Why is there such a gap between what Dinar Investors and Professional Money People believe? I know professional money people have to provide advice only on "qualified" investments as such and are not qualified to provide advice on non-traded currencies. But what confuses me is "Why do they stay TOTALLY away from any advice on the IQD other than it is high risk or a scam?" I spoke with a high net-worth advisor from Chase bank and tried to set up an appointment with him in order to be prepared for the conditions of post-RV. He was interested and an appointment was setup, but after about 5 days, he emailed me and stated that based on discussions with his "Team", they have decided to cancel the schedule appointment and wished me the best with my investment. Yes, he know that this meeting was based on the RVing of the IQD and I just wanted to share this experience. I found it confusing as "Soldier" has mentioned. I would certainly be open to any comments.

tport,

I don't know if I would have set an actual appointment with a wealth manager before knowing what the return is... however they might have thought it was going to be a waste of their time. It's not the first time, nor will it be the last time that a bank will be guilty of being shortsighted. I would wait until you are in the power position before contacting these kind of people. If you want to prepare, research trusts and talk with your CPA. Other than that... it could be premature. When I bought my Dinar (in January 2010) I looked at it as a 2 year investment. If it happened before that great!

[quote name='tport' date='06 July 2010 - 09:04 AM' timestamp='1278425060' post='142693']
[/quote]

You can find an investment guru that will say just about anything regarding an investment, from it's a scam to it's a great opportunity. You just need to evaluate everything you hear with what you know and go with what you think makes sense for that investment
with the understanding that you need to constantly need to re-evaluate your decision as new information regarding your investment or events that may effect your investment and make appropriate changes if needed.

tport,

I don't know if I would have set an actual appointment with a wealth manager before knowing what the return is... however they might have thought it was going to be a waste of their time. It's not the first time, nor will it be the last time that a bank will be guilty of being shortsighted. I would wait until you are in the power position before contacting these kind of people. If you want to prepare, research trusts and talk with your CPA. Other than that... it could be premature. When I bought my Dinar (in January 2010) I looked at it as a 2 year investment. If it happened before that great!

Carolina.broker - I thought the same as you and did not want to contact those type of people, however, I wanted to run an experiment and see just what would happen. I was probably more surprised by the Account Representative from JP Morgan actually scheduling an appointment once he knew the reason. It was only AFTER he assessed the opportunity with his "Team" that he decided to cancel. Right now (and actually prior to this point - except for the experiment) I planned on waiting as you mentioned. I also find it hard to speak to someone about trusts without having generated the net worth to go through that process also. CPAs (I haven't tested mine yet) I have heard from others are not really on top of this type of investment and will have to do a certain amount of research themselves. To me, I believe, this means not one CPA will come up with the same information that another one comes up with for our tax obligation (whatever type of tax they will refer us to). I agree with your suggestion of "prematurity". At this point, I will take your advise and wait until we have achieved the appropriate leveraged position. Thanks for your comment.