Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAQ SAID TO BE PLANNING A SECOND $1 BILLION BOND ISSUE

yota691

2 hours ago, DinarThug said:

Economic reform efforts within Iraq prepares for the issuance of sovereign bonds

is this the same article from couple days ago thuggster ?    seems like an additional  word here or there  ... wasn`t sure if it was , or just a later that day press release , from the same meeting of the same article  ...

Edited by jeepguy
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, copper13 said:

Dear Lord! If it comes out to $3.32 ??? I'll crack walnuts with my butt cheaks👍

And Luigi Will Eat Them ! :o

:D   :D   :D

1 minute ago, jeepguy said:

is this the same article from couple days ago thuggster ? 

Idk - But They Do Repeat Some Articles ! :blink:

:lol:   :lol:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jeepguy said:

I know what you are thinking about I was  thinking along the same lines , if the u.s. government is backing this bond deal and will  ensure the payment ...  are  we about too get it in the rear again ?  { as in we are about too give more cash in the effort too kick dash-in -the- ash ,  and still get no more in return from Iraq  }  or  like you were saying " the issuance of sovereign  financial " <--------- as in the dinar is about too go international and the budget will be passed and  the h-c-l will be  law , and we all know what will be in the mix when these are done , { dinar with a value, worth the wait on giving secured loans of bond money }  ....  lets not forget  I think it was last week  , we saw an article where  I think it was an economist , who mentioned the dinar is or needs too be supported as  a sovereign currency of Iraq ... { think it might have been the same article where the dinar was too have worth of 3.35 per dinar or in this range  }     goes to Iraq to be paid the proceeds of the sale of oil to the US dollar and that the equivalent of the dinar to $ 3.32.       --------->    called to be 2017 years to strengthen the dinar 's purchasing power and strengthens confidence in the national currency , which represents the sovereignty of Iraq  ....     {  now the article has meat  on the bone

I like what you are saying, JeepGuy!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

My guess the bonds will be released after they revalue. I could be wrong but they have done everything to go international.  Bonds will be in dinar. That is my best shot. 

CF,  Praying you are right about bonds being issued in dinar but definitely agree RV / RI should come before the release of the bonds on the global market IMHO.   We patiently await the plan of the GOI, CBI to execute the final plan. 

Keeping the faith!!

GO RV!!

• Upvote 3

Billion-dollar Baghdad and Washington sign a sovereign loan agreement

7/1/2017 0:00 

BAGHDAD / morning 
and the governments of Iraq and the United States sovereign loan guarantee that would allow Iraq access to the international capital markets and borrowing worth billion of low - interest agreement. 
The agreement was signed by the Iraqi side Fadhil Nabi, Undersecretary of the Ministry of Finance, while it was signed for the American side and vice Washington 's ambassador to Baghdad , Stephanie Williams. A press release said the Ministry of Finance, received «morning»: The loan «facilitate the financing of another loan by a billion dollars without a guarantee from the US government, would be a sovereign loan guarantee the continuation of the United States strong its commitment to assist Iraq in the victory over Daesh and achieve economic reform». 
Said Undersecretary of the Ministry of Finance, told reporters that «this loan is a US guarantee of Iraq to issue global bonds with an interest rate of more than 2 percent to cover the deficit in the current year budget».

• Upvote 5

Do you all remember Scooter?   He hasn't been around dinar-land for a few years, but he used to do interviews --   Here is an excerpt from an interview done 4/25/12 regarding bonds:

This first part talks about privatizing the two government banks which I believe has been, for the most part, done. 

Scooter-EG] those spreadsheets are directly from the Ministry of Finance site  What you’ll find are the two budgets I spoke of earlier  so the question comes about now is what happens next  well — there’s two items that are big ones for me one  those two government banks — Rafadain and Rasheed need to be Devalued to todays level  once that’s completed — the IMF will raise their capital to the right amounts

[Scooter-EG] see what happend is this  back during the Saddam era  the value of those assets were calculated at the $3.21 rate  and those assets are still on the Balance sheets at that level  and it’s completely incorrect  so for example  the Rafadain bank shows Assets of 371 Trillion IQD  when in reality it’s really closer to 40 trillion IQD

[Scooter-EG] These banks do over 90% of all transactions  don’t be frightend by this lower number  this is a good thing  It’s the primary reason they haven’t progressed farther then they are right now

[Scooter-EG] Nevertheless, that will be taken care of  but it is funny that the TBI now has a higher value than the Rasheed bank 

Now to the bond market  If you look at the CR reports of the past from the IMF  They made it abundantly clear they (Iraq) must Privatize those SOE’s State Owned Enterprises  approximately 108 of them

[Scooter-EG] these are the big insurance companies, utility companies, power companies  those companies are the same companies that will form their BOND market  and so the question for most is why is that important to my investment? -- simple

the primary bond market provides the liquidity for the government  and pays for any type of increases in monetary value  that may or may not occur  in the future when the primary Bond market is built  then the international players can come in to form the secondary bond market

those Bond markets are CRITICAL to our scenario  some of this has been done

So, according to Scooter back in 2012, the Bond issue was something to look for, as it is key to the monetary reform.  This is great news!

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, hi-five said:

Do you all remember Scooter?   He hasn't been around dinar-land for a few years, but he used to do interviews --   Here is an excerpt from an interview done 4/25/12 regarding bonds:

This first part talks about privatizing the two government banks which I believe has been, for the most part, done. 

Scooter-EG] those spreadsheets are directly from the Ministry of Finance site  What you’ll find are the two budgets I spoke of earlier  so the question comes about now is what happens next  well — there’s two items that are big ones for me one  those two government banks — Rafadain and Rasheed need to be Devalued to todays level  once that’s completed — the IMF will raise their capital to the right amounts

[Scooter-EG] see what happend is this  back during the Saddam era  the value of those assets were calculated at the $3.21 rate  and those assets are still on the Balance sheets at that level  and it’s completely incorrect  so for example  the Rafadain bank shows Assets of 371 Trillion IQD  when in reality it’s really closer to 40 trillion IQD

[Scooter-EG] These banks do over 90% of all transactions  don’t be frightend by this lower number  this is a good thing  It’s the primary reason they haven’t progressed farther then they are right now

[Scooter-EG] Nevertheless, that will be taken care of  but it is funny that the TBI now has a higher value than the Rasheed bank 

Now to the bond market  If you look at the CR reports of the past from the IMF  They made it abundantly clear they (Iraq) must Privatize those SOE’s State Owned Enterprises  approximately 108 of them

[Scooter-EG] these are the big insurance companies, utility companies, power companies  those companies are the same companies that will form their BOND market  and so the question for most is why is that important to my investment? -- simple

the primary bond market provides the liquidity for the government  and pays for any type of increases in monetary value  that may or may not occur  in the future when the primary Bond market is built  then the international players can come in to form the secondary bond market

those Bond markets are CRITICAL to our scenario  some of this has been done

So, according to Scooter back in 2012, the Bond issue was something to look for, as it is key to the monetary reform.  This is great news!

EXACTLY!  

Now if ya'll will excuse me I'm gonna go and see if I can get my wife to crack some nuts with her butt cheeks :blink::wacko:

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, tigergorzow said:

CF,  Praying you are right about bonds being issued in dinar but definitely agree RV / RI should come before the release of the bonds on the global market IMHO.   We patiently await the plan of the GOI, CBI to execute the final plan. 

Keeping the faith!!

GO RV!!

Look to your right, that's me praying right there with you.  :praying: come on $3,23.  

• Upvote 3

Not having a background in finance, I found this IMF article on Local Currency Bond Markets an interesting background read: http://www.imf.org/external/np/g20/pdf/2016/121416.pdf  

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY At the Cannes Summit in 2011, the G20 launched an initiative to develop local currency bond markets (LCBMs) through an action plan. Deepening the financial market in a given country provides several benefits, which are particularly relevant in the current macroeconomic and financial context: (1) it increases a country’s ability to withstand volatile capital flows, (2) it reduces the reliance on foreign borrowing and the risks linked to currency mismatch, (3) it contributes to the reduction of current account imbalances, (4) it mitigates the need for large precautionary reserve holdings, and (5) it allows balance sheets to adjust more smoothly, therefore improving the capacity of macroeconomic policies to respond to shocks. The action plan targeted three key areas for progress: (1) scaling up technical assistance, (2) improving the database, and (3) monitoring the progress made on an annual basis.

...  more on pdf

• Upvote 1

1) it increases a country’s ability to withstand volatile capital flows, (2) it reduces the reliance on foreign borrowing and the risks linked to currency mismatch, (3) it contributes to the reduction of current account imbalances, (4) it mitigates the need for large precautionary reserve holdings,   ----; this says a lot in what we are now seeing in daily Post....  Thanks for dropping this by

• Upvote 3