Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Airlines Fail To Adopt The Iraqi Dinar In The Sale Of Tickets !

yota691

Source for "tomorrow Press": Ministry of Transport decides to adopt Iraqi currency instead of foreign selling tickets 09/02/2017 17:35 BAGHDAD / tomorrow Press:  A source in the Ministry of Transport, on Thursday, that the ministry has decided to adopt the Iraqi currency instead of foreign travel for the sale of the special Iraqi Airways tickets, noting that this decision is subject to change.  The source told "tomorrow Press", "The State Company for Iraqi Airways revealed that its board of directors made a decision to sell tickets in Iraqi dinars for the sectors of interior and offices exclusively, but that decision has not been implemented, because of the sales system's dependence on input prices in US dollars." The source pointed to "the impossibility of receiving the amount of ticket sales in Iraqi dinars on the basis of the US dollar because of the exchange rate variation in local markets."

• Upvote 16

9 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

I wonder if they are doing this to encourage Iraqis to use the Dinar instead of the dollar. Didn't we see an article a few weeks ago regarding this or am I imagining it? 🙄

I agree with you BG, as the new monetary policies begin to kick in you will see a migration back to Dinar, that's the way it has to be.  Love what I'm seeing as of late, all is beginning to take shape nicely. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Laid Back said:

How much are the tickets?

How can they to that without lower denomination notes?

Maybe the ministry of transport is getting ready for an increase of the dinar exchange rate.

this gots me to thinking, something I don't do my wife does it for me. but if a ticket is $400, that's about 4ooo dinar I don't think I could get that many bills in my billfold..so yes I could see where lower denomination is needed..LB your my #2 thinker . Lifes good ant it  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bama Girl said:

I wonder if they are doing this to encourage Iraqis to use the Dinar instead of the dollar. Didn't we see an article a few weeks ago regarding this or am I imagining it? 🙄

I hope so, I think the only way that the value will rise is if they use it in country for all transactions and not the dollar. When the people need to use a wheel barrel to pay for a plane ticket maybe things will change. Just my humble opinion.

Edited by rico1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Wiljor said:

I agree with you BG, as the new monetary policies begin to kick in you will see a migration back to Dinar, that's the way it has to be.  Love what I'm seeing as of late, all is beginning to take shape nicely. :twothumbs:

The news is continuing to be positive and appears to be staying that way but the whole process is moving too slow for me.. i am an action person if i often think it i had a say in the processes of laws and financial matters i would say to them get it done so we can move on to the next phase and rebuild Iraq and make it great again ... also I'm getting impatient 😊

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Boozer said:

this gots me to thinking, something I don't do my wife does it for me. but if a ticket is $400, that's about 4ooo dinar I don't think I could get that many bills in my billfold..so yes I could see where lower denomination is needed..LB your my #2 thinker . Lifes good ant it  

Boozer, More like close to 500,000 IQD for $400 ticket

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Laid Back said:

How much are the tickets?

08-02-2017 01:24 PM
image.php?token=838fdb0effba5885213dc5727aea8c09&size=

Revealed illustrious Kurdish, dry longings, Wednesday, for raising the ticket price between Baghdad - Erbil and Baghdad - Sulaymaniyah to $ 150 round-trip. 

She said dry in a statement to the press office, said that 'transport ministry lifted the travel from Baghdad airport to Arbil and Sulaymaniyah ticket to $ 150 dollars , while the amount was only $ 90.' 

He added that ' the Ministry of Transport and after addressable confirmed that the price hike was to coincide with the holiday students' claim ministry ' to keep the pricing of a $ 90 ticket.' 

Dry and pointed out that ' a lot of students and pupils traveling with their families during the holiday half of the year to Arbil and Sulaymaniyah, and therefore, the ministry 's demand to keep the amount of the ticket to allow citizens to travel to the region.'

• Upvote 6