Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Jubouri raise the hearing until Tuesday of next week for lack of quorum

yota691

Today's special session of parliament elections file

7.jpg

2/13/2017 0:00 

BAGHDAD / Shaima Rashid / Muhannad Abdul Wahab  
    scheduled to House of Representatives held its meeting on Monday to discuss the dissolution of the Electoral Commission and to change the electoral law demands, which could see the discussion of the draft elections that ended the presidency of the republic set up in the event of arrival at the Parliament Act. 
The parliamentary sources suggested to witness today 's session questioning the Electoral Commission after the submission by the Presidency of the Council of Representatives on the rest of the interrogations, the Committee of Experts parliamentary costly announced the selection of the members of the Board of Commissioners to vote on its rules of procedure and the launch of a special form of candidates for membership of the Commission in the next few days. 
He said the House of Representatives decision Niazi architecture Ihsanoglu told the «morning»: The «session (Monday) have been fully determine to discuss the demands of the demonstrators, has been the subject takes a broad», noting that « the meeting could see the development of a formula in this regard or discuss the draft election results announced presidency completed and will be included on the agenda , if they come to the parliament Act. » 
The First Presidency announced on Saturday, the completion of the preparation of a new draft election law has been discussed with the main parliamentary blocs, expressing the hope that the law has the approval of the House of Representatives as soon as possible after his studies. 
Questioning Commission 
Member of the Legal Committee MP Ibtisam al- Hilali revealed in a press statement, expressed that « the Presidency of the Council of Representatives and as a result of pressure of the masses during demonstrations Saturday; decided to provide questioning the Electoral Commission on the rest of the other interrogations, which had been scheduled on the 23rd of this month», Hilali and suggested that the witness hearing parliament today questioned the Commission. 
For his part, MP for the coalition of Iraqi forces Raad Aldhlki said in a statement to «morning»: The «House of Representatives decided to interrogate the election commission and put it on the rails interrogations formally and legally», adding that «there is a committee formed by the Presidency of the Council of Representatives to choose the new Commission especially as the current commission will finish its work in the month of September. » 

The Committee of Experts 
in the same context, the President of the Parliamentary Committee of Experts Aram Sheikh Mohammed, on Sunday in a press statement, said that « the Commission in charge of choosing the members of the Office of the Board of Elections voted on the rules of procedure at its second meeting (on Sunday), and that the next few days will witness the launch of a special form for new candidates for the election commission. » 
For its part, the parliamentary legal committee member Hamdiya Husseini stressed that the issue of changing the electoral law concerning the views of the political blocs in the parliament and the decision must be unanimous blocks, and added that « the Constitution allows Parliament questioning the Electoral Commission and then be dissolved by voting». 
Furthermore, the Board of Commissioners demanded in the election commission, the need to resolve the choice of «new» members of the Board of Commissioners by the Expert Committee in the House of Representatives, according to a statement issued by the «morning» received a copy of it. 
The statement noted that « the Commission demanding government and security all sides to maintain their offices and their staff in Baghdad and the provinces of some lurking who are trying to confuse and offend demonstrations», the security forces and taken Sunday strict measures to protect the electoral commission office in Basra after the fire suffered by office by unknown.  

Sadr data and call 
in the meantime, the Dawa Party , said « the need for a just, comprehensive and prompt investigation of the unfortunate confrontations that took place between the security forces and some of the demonstrators in Baghdad». 
He stressed in a statement to beware of an internal or external conspiracies aimed at distracting the Iraqi people and prevent the temptation to rid Iraq of the remaining Daesh gangs in the right section of Mosul and Hawija and risen. » 
The statement said, that «support for the political process and the peaceful transfer of power in Iraq as part of the mechanisms of democracy and respect for others ' opinions , which guarantees freedom for all to express their views by peaceful demonstrations and respect for the law and instructions issued by the custodians of security, is not entitled to any person, group or entity to impose his views Mtbuniath or others for any reason and under any slogan was. » 
Party House of Representatives and called for speeding up the election of new members of Trustees of the Independent High Electoral Commission, who should enjoy the advantages of the election administration efficiently, faithfully, impartially and without being subject to a specific destination. » 
Dawa Party and he expressed his support for Prime Minister Haider al - Abadi «to hold the positions not be dragged into this sedition, and bringing the accused to justice, and to maintain security and stability, and not allowed to undermine the political process in Iraq, and rid Iraq of terrorism and Msbouaph and backers.» 
The leader of the Sadrist movement , Muqtada al - Sadr issued on Sunday, a statement on the events in the capital Baghdad on Saturday, and the face of his supporters to remain calm until the issuance of orders, calling for «left rhetoric and escalation have you ordered peace until the end». 
He warned his supporters of the use of violence, and said: «If you resorted to violence and sought refuge Fannie Sabera party will I support anyone at all», Sadr said in a statement the night the first Saturday of innocence of any «revolutionary» uses violence or performs «sabotage».
  • Upvote 10

of the Iraqi parliament fails to hold to its 197 member absent

Iraqi parliament fails to hold to its 197 member absent

Twilight News    

one hour ago

Twilight News / failure of the Iraqi parliament to hold its usual Monday, for lack of quorum. 
He told a parliamentary source Twilight News, said that only 131 members attended today 's meeting out of 328. 
He added that the presidency of the parliament decided to resume hearings next week.

• Upvote 2

Haider Mawla's "Here Baghdad": postponement of the parliamentary session is unfortunate and Maliki has nothing to do beat demonstrators Monday 13 February 2017 | 14:23 Haider pointed Mawla member of a coalition of state law for "Here Baghdad" to postpone the parliament session today is unfortunate , adding that the deputies for today 's meeting were divided on several blocks and added that the pro ­ Maliki is not interested in overseeing the armed forces , nor is his beat demonstrators

• Upvote 1

History of edits:: 02/13/2017 15:05 • 88 visits readable
Jubouri:'re going to choose a new Elections Commission and we will achieve the events of the demonstrations [Extended]
[Oan- Baghdad] 
The head of the House of Representatives, Saleem al - Jubouri, the intention of Parliament choose a new Electoral Commission.
Jubouri said in a press conference at the parliament building today that " the work of the election commission ends next September , " pointing to " the formation of a committee of experts for the selection of new members." 
He added, "The House of Representatives receive election law provincial councils were read readers first , and will be presented soon to complete the legislation and there is no intention to delay approval , " pointing out that he " has not yet been receiving members of the House of Representatives election of the Presidency of the Republic Act and the case received will take the constitutional context in legislation . " . 
He said al - Jubouri, the "new election law will determine the next course of the political process." 
He stressed, " The Parliament is keen to continue the topic of questioning some officials after the completion of the legal proceedings around her." 
He pointed out that "national reconciliation project had previously been determined attitude which is a necessary and inevitable and must move towards it ." 
And the events of recent demonstrations on demanding a change in the election in the capital Baghdad on Saturday Commission and the occurrence of the victims in the clashes with the security forces, the president of parliament called for " the formation of a committee to investigate and holding accountable those who were deficient in an incident targeting demonstrators" and called for " the security forces to protect the protesters and state institutions ". 
And the recent crisis in the navigation agreement in the Khor Abdullah Jubouri with Kuwait , "Kuwait refused with any provocation and any statements affect the bilateral relations between the two countries , which do not reflect the official position of the Iraqi state." 
He explained , "I met the President of the Kuwaiti National Assembly [Marzouq Al-Ghanim] on the sidelines of the Arab parliamentary conference in Cairo and stressed his country 's keenness on dialogue to resolve the border of the Kuwaiti nation 's problems will hold an emergency session is open to discuss navigation agreement in the Khor Abdullah with Iraq and raised comments on them." 
He stressed that "facilitate the return of displaced families , especially in the left side in the city of Mosul , " he said . "We do not want re past mistakes that have caused the displacement of people from their homes and the destruction of their cities." 
He revealed Jubouri rejected a formal invitation to participate in the Geneva conference on Iraq "because he prefers to be in the solutions inside Iraq."
  • Upvote 3

So after another week long break, they can only muster 131 officials out of 328 ?? Looks like they are back to the same old fun and games. And what happened to all the pressing legislation they announced they would tackle immediately after the first session back in January?? The can't tackle the small stuff, how could anyone expect they will seriously get to the HCL. ^_^

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, King Bean said:

So after another week long break, they can only muster 131 officials out of 328 ?? Looks like they are back to the same old fun and games. And what happened to all the pressing legislation they announced they would tackle immediately after the first session back in January?? The can't tackle the small stuff, how could anyone expect they will seriously get to the HCL. ^_^

They are in no hurry to pass any important laws such as the HCL.  As long as they are taking billions from the World Bank and the IMF they will continue to rob from their own country and people.  :angry:

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, King Bean said:

Hate to say it, but the lack of URGENCY is evident.   Kind of a bummer.  

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, King Bean said:

I agree, Iraq is no where close to solving the HCL problem, they can't even honor the deal Abadi brokered in 2014. Over and over the GOI fail the Iraqi people.

• Upvote 2

Ya know when the Lord told me that this would happen SUDDENLY he didn't give me the details of how that was to come to pass. But one thing that I can say is that with the current administration in the States and the situation on the ground in Mosul and the upcoming war with Iran I think it's a safe bet that we're about to see some SUDDENLY. 

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Ya know when the Lord told me that this would happen SUDDENLY he didn't give me the details of how that was to come to pass. But one thing that I can say is that with the current administration in the States and the situation on the ground in Mosul and the upcoming war with Iran I think it's a safe bet that we're about to see some SUDDENLY. 

LGD,  We are all ready for the "Big Suddenly".....:D  One has to believe it is truly coming to fruition....I DO...:)

• Upvote 3

LGD- I appreciate your enthusiasm along with many of your posts I've read on this site over the years. As Adam pointed out years ago, Iraq doesn't usually stick to or meet deadlines. My hope is that that behavior goes the other way. By that I mean to say that perhaps the absent Iraqi's were too busy scrambling for ways to get access to their frozen funds (compliments of Trump last week)- unless threre was an update I missed),  and perhaps the freezing of the more than  half trillion dollars in U.S. banks was enough financial  force to shift the inertia in the thinking processes of the Iraqi politicians. Hopefully everyone is busy trying to make a behind the scenes deal, which they certainly aren't going to announce, which equates to SUDDENLY! Go RV!!!  (And if it's not too much to ask, please do it this week!)

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, presence said:

LGD- I appreciate your enthusiasm along with many of your posts I've read on this site over the years. As Adam pointed out years ago, Iraq doesn't usually stick to or meet deadlines. My hope is that that behavior goes the other way. By that I mean to say that perhaps the absent Iraqi's were too busy scrambling for ways to get access to their frozen funds (compliments of Trump last week)- unless threre was an update I missed),  and perhaps the freezing of the more than  half trillion dollars in U.S. banks was enough financial  force to shift the inertia in the thinking processes of the Iraqi politicians. Hopefully everyone is busy trying to make a behind the scenes deal, which they certainly aren't going to announce, which equates to SUDDENLY! Go RV!!!  (And if it's not too much to ask, please do it this week!)

I believe that President Trump is something of a catalyst in all this. Let me explain, President Trump has been in office for some 25 days and how many times has he made reference to Iraq.  Now given what we know about that country and to be quite honest how seemingly worthless they are if for nothing else but the sectarian violence, one has got to ask themselves why is President Trump so concerned about Iraq? It's not for their oil, because after the Keystone Pipeline EO it's clear that President Trump is going after our own oil. So what is his interest in a nation that simply can't stop throwing shoes and bullets at each other? I know that for me were it not for the dinar I would have stopped watching Iraq yrs ago. They have shown themselves to be one of the most archaic and barbaric nations on the earth. So I am forced to believe that President Trump is literal when he says that Iraq must pay us for the blood and money that we spent on them. And since, as I pointed out , that it seems clear that oil isn't his want then that can only leave the dinar. Knowing that President Trump is telling the world that all countries will stop currency manipulation and that, "they will do so a lot sooner than anyone thinks", And knowing that President Trump is seemingly going to get this to come about through, "one on one", trade deals { either you show your real currency value or you don't deal with us}, It seems clear what is going to happen. 

But there is also one other detail that I haven't seen anyone else comment on here and that is the fact that President Trump is not only taking back the bases that we built in Iraq but that he is also sending 45,000 more troops to run those bases. Now if'n I were PM Abadi or any member of Parliament I'd start getting a little concerned right about now. Because that many Marines alone could take over your country. One way or another this is going to go down and it is going to go down, " a lot sooner than anyone thinks"

6 hours ago, tigergorzow said:

LGD,  We are all ready for the "Big Suddenly".....:D  One has to believe it is truly coming to fruition....I DO...:)

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I'm all for the SUDDENLY, but at this point I think my reaction will be FINALLY!!

• Upvote 2