Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Movie: Is Genesis History? - Showing Thursday, February 23.

Markinsa

Propaganda with a false premise designed to lead the sheep astray. 

Maybe they can explain what the light is in Gen 1:3-4

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good:

And whilst they're at it tell us what is this firmament in Gen 1:6

6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

But the biggest question that I want answered by these false leaders of the faith is how did God create the earth without first creating the sun, moon, and stars? These things being the UNIVERSE. That is if we're to believe that the stars are lights in other galaxies. According to Gen. 1:14 God didn't create the supposed UNIVERSE until the FOURTH DAY. 

The Fourth Day: Sun, Moon, Stars

It seems that every time that I show how the earth is NOT what modern day scientist say it is, that it's the people of faith that get the most angry with me. And now I think that I understand why. Because as a Christian to accept outright that the earth is not what we've been taught all our lives to believe it is, is to think that the person showing you the reality of the world in which you live is questioning your very faith. But nothing could be further from the truth as far as I'm concerned. I will NEVER questions one's faith. Because I understand what the word of God says about people's faith. I'm not questioning one salvation by pointing out what Genesis has to say about the world in which we live. I'm showing something far more than that. There are many parts to the body of Christ. Just as there are many parts to us.

1st Cor. 12:12

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Romans 12:4

For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

Now what do you suppose that means? "Not the same office"? It simply means what it says it means, there are differing levels of glory in Christ. Different OFFICES. And if you doubt that then ask yourself why Paul said this,

1st Cor 9:24-27

24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

So what PRIZE was Paul referring to, Salvation? It can't be Salvation because Salvation is a Gift not a Prize. And we can't,"OBTAIN", Salvation. We can only RECEIVE IT.

And what,on earth, does Paul mean when he claims to be striving,"For the Mastery"? Mastery of what? If we are to believe that Salvation is all there is then what is Paul talking about? To better understand the WORLD we live in and to better understand the above questions let us look at the very words of Jesus Christ.
  Matthew 25

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

The very first thing that one needs to understand about this parable is that ALL THESE VIRGINS ARE CHRISTIANS. They all were waiting for the Bridegroom{Jesus}, and they all had some Oil {an example of the Holy Spirit}, but only 5 of them had been ready at the time of the coming of the Bridegroom. So are we to believe that the 5 that were not ready lost their Salvation? That would be to look at the wrong message here. Jesus was not talking about losing Salvation, on the contrary Jesus was talking about  BEING THE BRIDE. 

And that is the Prize that Paul was referring to. The 5 foolish virgins being the castaways. They will receive their Salvation at the last day, but the Bride will not suffer the tribulation but will instead be lifted up before the tribulation. And more than that the Bride will rule with Christ in the world to come. Want proof............

Revelation 3:8-10

8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Faith without works is dead. So says the word. I tell you that your works are evidence of the Holy Spirit that dwells within you. But make no mistake about it how much Holy Spirit you have in you { that is to say oil}, depends ENTIRELY on you. How do you get more of the OIL Holy Spirit? "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God" Matthew 6:33. By prayer and supplication. "you have not because you ask not", James 4:3.

So why is it that most don't understand what they're sitting on? And that answer can be found in 2nd Thessalonians 2:11

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie

It should be noted that in the original Hebrew the word use here for, Lie, is the same word used in Gen 3:4 When the devil asked Eve, "hath God said". And I submit to you that somewhere around 500 years ago another devil began telling the world the same question. "hath God said, the world is his footstool"? And because the world loved their lives more than the word of God the Lord has sent his,"Strong Delusion", that we should believe the lie. The earth is a ball. 

None of this is to question ANYONES Salvation, WHATSOEVER. 

I am only showing what the Holy Spirit has shown me about being The Bride of Christ. And that requires something more than just, Receiving Salvation. 

Neither am I asking anyone here to believe my report, I am only praying that everyone would take this to the Lord in faith and ask him to reveal to you what is truth and what is,"The Lie".

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Propaganda with a false premise designed to lead the sheep astray. 

:lol: My church is planning on seeing this movie as a group.  It sounds like it will be debunking evolution and the scientific age of the earth.  IE, Genesis IS History.  The title "IS Genesis History" is a hook. :twothumbs: 

Just now, Markinsa said:

:lol: My church is planning on seeing this movie as a group.  It sounds like it will be debunking evolution and the scientific age of the earth.  IE, Genesis IS History.  The title "IS Genesis History" is a hook. :twothumbs: 

As mentioned in my Thesis I meant no disrespect whatsoever. But I felt that it should be pointed out that according to the word of God the earth is NOT a ball floating around in space. According to the word of God Space wasn't even created until the fourth day. Therefore, to attempt to prove the Science  of Evolution in error from the starting platform of accepting Science's description of the earth is faulty and will bring unrealistic results. One simply cannot use Science as it exist today in their effort to understand creation, as it is referenced in the Bible. 

Nevertheless, I'm certain that the movie you've brought our attention to will, like all things for those who are searching, be a sufficient starting point for further discussion into the true meaning of the Book of Genesis. My only effort here was to plant a seed that may, or may not, grow in some to fruition. Thus  revealing the reality of who and what we all are. 

27 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

As mentioned in my Thesis I meant no disrespect whatsoever

I didn't take it that way. :twothumbs: I just thought it was funny that I was going to see a movie that may not be what I thought it was going to be, and my reaction to it. :lol:

I have a comment about the Ten Virgins Parable. Jesus said, in verse 12 "But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not." and in, John 10:27, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;".  I'll submit that the Virgins who were turned away, were turned away because they had no oil (Holy Spirit) in their lamps and had not received the Gift of Salvation to begin with.  They just had the empty lamps.

Here's a list of the topics of discussion in the movie:

Paradigms

Created Kinds

Fossil Record

DNA

Transitional Forms

Historic Views

Evolution

Ecosystems

Global Flood

Starlight

Tower of Babel