Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Here we go ?????????

ski

Fox News just did a 3 minute announcement that VP Joe Biden made a SECRET TRIP to Iraq.

John McCain, Joe Lieberman, Mark Udal amd Lindsey Graham are also there.

The VP and 4 US Senators --- In Iraq --- on the 4th of July weekend.

I find it very hard to believe that they are there for the BEACHES.

Baghdad is not exactly a RESORT CITY.

Makes you go HMMMMMMMMM --- Don't it?

• Upvote 5

Fox News just did a 3 minute announcement that VP Joe Biden made a SECRET TRIP to Iraq.

Thanks ski!!! could be great!! GO RV!!!!

They are there to help get the gov't formed . Once thats done I suspect we may hear about our long awaited RV. But then again this is Iraq we are talking about.

Any news articles for those stuck at work with no TV???

BAGHDAD — Vice President Joe Biden landed Saturday on what appeared to be a dual mission in Baghdad: to visit U.S. troops during the July Fourth weekend and coax Iraqi leaders into ending their government impasse.

Top Obama administration officials have been reluctant to visit Iraq since its deadlocked March election failed to produce a clear winner. Biden's trip may signal the U.S. is stepping up its efforts to hammer out an agreement among Iraqi political rivals and get a new government in place as soon as possible.

Biden is the White House's point man on Iraq issues, and was last in Iraq in January. He visited three times last year.

The vice president landed at an air force base in Baghdad and was immediately scheduled to head into meetings with U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Christopher Hill, the top American military commander in Iraq, U.S. Army Gen. Ray Odierno, and the top UN envoy to Iraq, Ad Melkert.

There ya go Bud

BAGHDAD — Vice President Joe Biden landed Saturday on what appeared to be a dual mission in Baghdad: to visit U.S. troops during the July Fourth weekend and coax Iraqi leaders into ending their government impasse.

Top Obama administration officials have been reluctant to visit Iraq since its deadlocked March election failed to produce a clear winner. Biden's trip may signal the U.S. is stepping up its efforts to hammer out an agreement among Iraqi political rivals and get a new government in place as soon as possible.

Biden is the White House's point man on Iraq issues, and was last in Iraq in January. He visited three times last year.

The vice president landed at an air force base in Baghdad and was immediately scheduled to head into meetings with U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Christopher Hill, the top American military commander in Iraq, U.S. Army Gen. Ray Odierno, and the top UN envoy to Iraq, Ad Melkert.

There ya go Bud

US Vice-President Joe Biden has arrived in Baghdad for talks with Iraqi leaders, amid deadlock in the country over the formation of a new government.

Mr Biden's visit comes four months after Iraq's inconclusive election, in which no clear winner emerged.

He will hold discussions with Iraqi lawmakers and mark the 4 July holiday with US troops, a White House statement said.

The visit is his second to Iraq this year.

Mr Biden was met at the airport by Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari and top US officials.

The White House said he would meet both Prime Minister Nouri Maliki and his main rival Iyad Allawi, whose Iraqiya list narrowly won the most seats in the 7 March election.

No single party won enough seats to form a government on its own.

A union between mainly Shia groups could leave Mr Maliki in a position to form a government - but Mr Allawi's group says it should form a government because it won the most seats on election day.

The US is concerned that the power vacuum could lead to an increase in violence.

That is it for now I will find more later.

They are there to help get the gov't formed . Once thats done I suspect we may hear about our long awaited RV. But then again this is Iraq we are talking about.

They are there to help form a Gov...........................Who Biden?............................... and the Dems?emot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gif .

They are there to help form a Gov...........................Who Biden?............................... and the Dems?emot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gifemot-LMAO.gif .

I know its funny however Maliki welcomed them today which I read earlier on a post. They had a meeting and it was announced. I didnt think they did anything on Sat

biden trip

Vice President Joe Biden landed Saturday in Baghdad to coax Iraqi leaders into ending their government impasse as vying political factions remain deadlocked over which political bloc should pick its new leaders, including prime minister.

Iraq's newly elected parliament is scheduled to meet later this month for the second time since the March 7 vote.

Parliament has only about a month to end the impasse before the start of Ramadan in August, when little official business gets done in the Arab world. Adding to the urgency, all but 50,000 U.S. troops are set to leave Iraq by the end of August in a test of whether the fledgling democracy's security forces are ready to protect its people from insurgents and other terror threats.

I would think that they just cant head into August let alone September in the financial state they are in now. Which to me means a RV sooner than later to make sure that they have all their ducks in a row before we pull out. just my 2 cents.

The vice president landed at an air force base in Baghdad on Saturday afternoon and headed into meetings with U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Christopher Hill, the top American military commander in Iraq, U.S. Army Gen. Ray Odierno, and the top UN envoy to Iraq, Ad Melkert.

High ranking U.S. senators _ Republicans John McCain from Arizona and Lindsey Graham from South Carolina, as well as Joe Lieberman, an independent from Connecticut _ also met Biden at the Baghdad airport on Saturday. They are in Iraq on an unrelated trip and did not travel here with the vice president.

Earlier on Saturday, McCain, the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, met with Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki in the Iraqi capital.

jill getting her suitcase of dinar why else would you go to that hellhole

I'll tell you, Jill CASHING IN HER SUITCASE OF DINAR AT THE NEW RATE AND BEATING THE CROWDS ... Pour Joe couldn't figure out what was going on and why Jill wanted to go to the bank ... no the BIG bank!

Thanks for the post

• Upvote 1