Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Energy intends to review the oil agreement between Baghdad and Erbil

SocalDinar

Monday, 21 January 2019 11:30 p

Oil parliamentary: Oil and gas law will see the light soon

Faleh al-Khazali

The parliamentary oil and gas committee stressed its keenness to pass important laws of interest to the country, especially the oil and gas law,which has been the subject of controversy among the political circles and that passing this law will solve many problems between the center and the region. 

A member of the oil committee MP Faleh al-Khazali that his committee is ready to pass laws important to them even if there is controversy as the law of oil and gas because it is keen on the interest of the country first. 

He added: "We at this session are keen to be distinct from the previous sessions and the political agreement does not have to govern the passage of some laws, especially the law of oil and gas, which was returned to the government with many laws and pending the return to parliament.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/ar/Story/146612/النفط-النيابية-قانون-النفط-والغاز-سيرى-النور-قريبا

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 15

🇮🇩 asking as a friend.......so anyone knows how it will played after the hcl completed??? I know its important because its determined the share for the kurds and the iraqi goverment...although its seems both enjoy the current situation....but i dont understand how it connect with the dinar value.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, soccercrazy said:

🇮🇩 asking as a friend.......so anyone knows how it will played after the hcl completed??? I know its important because its determined the share for the kurds and the iraqi goverment...although its seems both enjoy the current situation....but i dont understand how it connect with the dinar value.

great question , as we are all aware iraq had never had iqd valued below 2.00 dollars for many years up until their invasion of Kuwait the hcl distributes oil shares or wealth  to the citizens and hoping it will be the catalyst to imf article 8 which i believe gives the right to iraq to change its exchange rate value , not sure the average iraqi even cares about exchange rate but within their borders they will care about the new found purchasing power the same way as most citizens do in the world .... my thoughts only S.C. but as everything iraq were just watching & reading news for clues ...... cheers

• Upvote 10

• yota691 changed the title to The parliamentary levy legislation of the law of oil and gas political consensus between Baghdad and Erbil
25 minutes ago, gregp said:

The parliamentary legal committee, Saturday, passed the passage of the oil and gas law in the parliament 

Looks good on paper!!! So what’s next?????? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yota Thanks,  DV,  All we need now is Parliament and all Political Blocs primarily the KRG Bloc to agree / vote on what the Parliament Legal Committee have passed today.  Then we are in the staging area for immediate blastoff with an RV / RI of the IQD.

Always Keeping the faith!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Linda Bower said:

Perhaps this article is saying that the HCL has been submitted(passed on ) to parliament with new wording that they hope all sides will agree on.

Agree LB….  the light at the end of the tunnel just got a little brighter.  As long as its not a train coming at us, we're good.  :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

Yota Thanks,  DV,  All we need now is Parliament and all Political Blocs primarily the KRG Bloc to agree / vote on what the Parliament Legal Committee have passed today.  Then we are in the staging area for immediate blastoff with an RV / RI of the IQD.

Always Keeping the faith!!!!!

I think the Kurds will be on board since their share of the budget was something they could live with.  This should be too.

• Upvote 7

• yota691 changed the title to Parliamentary Energy intends to review the oil agreement between Baghdad and Erbil
  • Adam Montana locked this topic
  • yota691 unpinned this topic