Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Detained At JFK Airport Speaks To Press After His Release

yota691

Thanks Yota ! Hot damn if they would have listened to what President D.J. Trump had to say maybe they shouldn't have taken that flight ! Finally a man that says what he is going to do ! People you got to know that we are on the right side, this is the best show on planet Earth ! These crybabies that take us for granted.... Finally face reality ! Great God ain't life grand !

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Texstorm said:

Thanks Yota ! Hot damn if they would have listened to what President D.J. Trump had to say maybe they shouldn't have taken that flight ! Finally a man that says what he is going to do ! People you got to know that we are on the right side, this is the best show on planet Earth ! These crybabies that take us for granted.... Finally face reality ! Great God ain't life grand !

His actions certainly have been swift ...

• Upvote 5

Guys, this is what happened.  They should have given him time to go through the VISAS.. These are probably great people but what else is coming in.

BREAKING NEWS:Judge halts US from deporting people through travel ban
The American Civil Liberties Union, which filed a petition, referred to the court's decision as blocking "Trump's unconstitutional Muslim ban"
Updated: 9:16 PM CST Jan 28, 2017

Copy Link
Copy
Link copied!

NEW YORK, N.Y. —
A judge, protesters, and multiple governors responded to an order by President Donald Trump involving a ban on travel to the United States for citizens from seven countries.
Advertisement
Related Content
Tech companies protest Trump immigration order
Trump's executive order bars citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S. for the next 90 days and suspends the admission of all refugees for 120 days.
But a federal judge in New York on Saturday barred the U.S. from deporting travelers with valid visas. Parts of the ban could still be in effect.
U.S. District Judge Ann Donnelly issued the order Saturday evening after lawyers for the American Civil Liberties Union filed a court petition on behalf of people from seven predominantly Muslim nations who were detained at airports across the country as the ban took effect.
Cheers broke out in a crowd of demonstrators outside a Brooklyn courthouse as the decision, effective nationwide, was announced.
The order barred U.S. border agents from removing anyone who arrived in the U.S. with a valid visa from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen.
It also covered anyone with an approved refugee application.
It was unclear how quickly the order might affect people in detention.
"This is not the United States of America we know," Gov. Terry McAuliffe, D-Va., said. "We are not going to tolerate it. We are not going to stand back. We here in Virgina are open and welcoming to everybody."
The ban targeted citizens of Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia or Yemen. It also suspended the U.S. refugee program for four months. The order also suspended the U.S. refugee program for four months.
"I remind everybody that we are a land of immigrants," McAuliffe said.
The Virginia governor said he has instructed the state's attorney general to look at legal remedies available to help these individuals stuck at airport. He added Virginia is welcoming to everyone.
New York and Washington governors expressed similar support.
Trump said the goal of the temporary travel restriction was to keep out potential terrorists.
Meanwhile, Republicans expressed mixed reactions regarding the order.
The order forced airlines to tell some customers they couldn't proceed on flights to the U.S.
Airlines around the world are turning away passengers, refunding tickets and rebooking flights in the aftermath of President Donald Trump's immigration order.
Dubai-based Emirates said a small number of its passengers were affected Saturday, and it was helping them rebook. Delta Air Lines and British Airways both said they were offering refunds for passengers who couldn't complete their trips.
Several airlines, including Qatar Airways, posted travel alerts on their websites warning customers about the changes.

CNN
Crowd protested Donald Trump's immigration executive orders outside of John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York on Saturday.
It was a period of limbo for an unknown number of non-American citizens from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia or Yemen now barred from the country where they were studying or had lived, perhaps for years.
A federal law enforcement official who confirmed the temporary ban said there was an exemption for foreigners whose entry is in the U.S. national interest. It was not immediately clear how that exemption might be applied.
New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport became a scene of anguish and desperation Saturday for the families of people detained after arriving in the U.S. from nations subject to President Donald Trump's travel ban.
Many flights to the U.S. already were in the air Friday when the president's order was made.
Lawyers and advocates working at the airport said they didn't have a hard count on the number of people taken into custody after getting off their flights.
Yosre Ghaled, 25, was among about a dozen distraught people waiting at an airport terminal Saturday to see if loved ones would be released, or put back on an outgoing plane.
Her mother-in-law's sister, a 67-year-old Yemeni citizen coming to live with family in the U.S. because she is sick from heart problems and diabetes, was detained after getting off a plane from Saudi Arabia.
"We're very sad. She lives a very bad life. We try in her last days to (give her) a good life," Ghaled said, adding that the family had been told that she would be refused entry and put on a jet back to Saudi Arabia. "We've waited for this many years, (for) her to come. They should just let us see her. Seeing her would make you feel a little better."
Lawyers for two Iraqis who had been granted visas to enter the US have filed a lawsuit against President Donald Trump and the US government after they were detained when they arrived in New York Friday.
According to court papers, both men legally were allowed to come into the US but were detained because of the executive order signed Friday. The lawyers are asking for a hearing because they maintain the detention is illegal because the men had valid visas. Lawyers for the Iraqis are aiming to file a class-action lawsuit on behalf of other refugees. The lawsuit was earlier reported by The New York Times.
One of the men being held at John F. Kennedy International Airport was later released, according to a tweet from Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-New York. The tweet said Hameed Jhalid Darweesh has been released from detention.

CNN
One of the Iraqi travelers detained at John F. Kennedy International Airport this weekend was released.
Haider Sameer Abdulkhaleq Alshawi, the second Iraqi refugee detained at John F. Kennedy International Airport, will be released Saturday night, according to his attorney, Mark Doss.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., said he had directed state lawyers and the agency that controls Kennedy to "explore all legal options" to assist anyone detained at New York airports.
"I never thought I'd see the day when refugees, who have fled war-torn countries in search of a better life, would be turned away at our doorstep," Cuomo said. "This is not who we are, and not who we should be."

• Upvote 3

Iraqis working with the US military in Baghdad tells detained at an airport in New York Details

Iraqis working with the US military in Baghdad tells detained at an airport in New York Details

3 hours ago

Twilight News Khalid Darwish / said an Iraqi banned from entering the United States at JFK Airport in New York, he was held for two days, and tells him what happened in this trial before being released.

Hamid Khalid Darwish (detained at John F. Kennedy Airport in America):

I have a special immigration in my passport, my family and I visa. Because I am working with the US government. I support the United States in the war. But when I came here, they said no. And they did it like I may have contravened the laws or you do something wrong. I am really surprised.

I entered the airport building and I gave them my passport. The people at the US Embassy in Baghdad, they gave me all the documents have been placed in the envelope and told me not to open it and give it to the official at the border there. So I gave them the envelope, looked at my passport and asked me to go to another room. ... They really did not say anything. And they kept me there until these people came to my support and pressured them to release me.

Hamid Khalid Darwish (detained at John F. Kennedy Airport in America): Yes, for about two days. They took me to another room, where I sat on the chair and did not sleep.

Keywords:  

• Upvote 1

Help me understand - We give citizenship to these people because they are supposed to be under threat in their country. Yet, they travel back & forth between the two like there is no problem. So by receiving US citizenship; the supposed threat is gone?

If you are in such dire circumstances that you must seek out a new country to live in? Why do they spend so much time going back & forth?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, gymrat76541 said:

Help me understand - We give citizenship to these people because they are supposed to be under threat in their country. Yet, they travel back & forth between the two like there is no problem. So by receiving US citizenship; the supposed threat is gone?

If you are in such dire circumstances that you must seek out a new country to live in? Why do they spend so much time going back & forth?

That's a great question, I wondered the same thing. It's a joke!!!

• Upvote 2

Okay, let's think about this... I've been involved in missionary work most of my life. I love people and I appreciate not only the plaque on the statue of liberty and the diversification of the American population but the fact that we have always helped others....

This is a different time we live in... We have to slow down this process... Thousands upon thousands of AMERICAN children go hungry EVERY day! We've got to start helping those who are already here!!!

Just a scenario, but if three middle eastern people showed up at your home, knocking at your door, couldn't speak English, would you let them in your home with your wife and children? Think about it... You would want to know who they were, and why they were there before doing anything, right?

They need to give Trump the time he asked for! We can't just keep doing what we have in the past. It's ruining us. Jmho

• Upvote 9

Do we really realize how many homeless and displaced people we have currently? Camps of squatters and people with tents? Women and children living in cardboard boxes? They also have no electricity, no water, limited food if any... And a news flash, no all those people are drunks and crackheads! No American jobs. Thousands of people out of work... Just saying... I'll shut up now... 😠 uh!

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Everett said:

They seek refuge status, because most of their homelands have been destroyed, anialated, , no electricity, no water, no shelter, limited food!  War torn for decades! They are despondent! Ask yourself, What would you do?

Here's a thought... Why not get every private protester to pledge their homes as refuge for at least one refugee, taking FULL guardian responsibility for each as a dependent for five years... ???  No cost to the government... only to the righteous sponsor.

• Upvote 8

I don't know about you guys but the interstate highways in my area are so packed that we just don't have room for more people and I live in the country there used to be almost no traffic out here, so I really don't have a problem with tightening up immigration and tightening up regulations on incoming visitors esp with Iran terrorism running full speed.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Everett said:

They seek refuge status, because most of their homelands have been destroyed, anialated, , no electricity, no water, no shelter, limited food!  War torn for decades! They are despondent! Ask yourself, What would you do?

Sorry Newbie... your bleeding heart doesn't negate the inherent risk they pose nor the fact that we don't need them, don't want them and can't afford them.  The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  Here's all you need to know...

19 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Here's a thought... Why not get every private protester to pledge their homes as refuge for at least one refugee, taking FULL guardian responsibility for each as a dependent for five years... ???  No cost to the government... only to the righteous sponsor.

They better get their mom's permission first, before they go offering up half the basement!   :eyebrows:

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, Texstorm said:

Distraction to the real problems left by prior administrations. How about 20 shot and 2 dead in chicago this weekend. Anyone interested. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jg1 said:

Distraction to the real problems left by prior administrations. How about 20 shot and 2 dead in chicago this weekend. Anyone interested. 

Jg1,  I truly believe that if we address this problem we will make a difference.  The killing & violence has to stop!!  Whatever measures are taken must get to the root of the problems which mean we must invest in our communities.  The out right murderers must receive very harsh penalties or death by lethal injection.  The message has to be received loud & clear or else the cycle of violence will continue.

God Bless Us All

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

... The killing & violence has to stop!!  Whatever measures are taken must get to the root of the problems...

I agree.  That is going to be a difficult conversation because much of the black community is in denial.  They cast blame for their victimhood in all the wrong places.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Whatshername said:

I agree.  That is going to be a difficult conversation because much of the black community is in denial.  They cast blame for their victimhood in all the wrong places.

Some cast blame & this is a difficult conversation we must accept.  I grew up in the South and I remember the mentorship from the organizations that invested their time in young men & women and it worked.   

My plans is to do my part if only it makes a difference to save the life of one kid.  All ethnic groups matter to me because personally I do not see color thanks to my up bringing by my parents. 

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

Some cast blame & this is a difficult conversation we must accept.  I grew up in the South and I remember the mentorship from the organizations that invested their time in young men & women and it worked.   

My plans is to do my part if only it makes a difference to save the life of one kid.  All ethnic groups matter to me because personally I do not see color thanks to my up bringing by my parents. 

Exactly.  Good plan!  We all have something to offer... even if it's just a random act of kindness when the opportunity presents itself.  :)

• Upvote 3