Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

VIP chat room Jan 24

Bluetommy

Bluetommy... if you are already VIP... you'll get to CHAT through the regular forums.  The CHAT option was originally for all members, but has just recently been converted for VIP only.

Go to the "Browse" tab in the upper left corner and you'll see "CHAT" as one of the choices... Click and go!

• Upvote 1

The Chat Room here was great when it was open to anyone and everyone....A few years back I remember when it was all supposed to go down and one could hardly keep up reading all the posts. Lately I haven't seen much at all going on in the Chat let alone more than 1 member in there......So now you have to pay to play in the chat room and share thoughts?

Just my opinion but that wasn't a wise idea...Sorry Adam....Just being real here.

Your forum and you do as you want but to me looking in I see someone looking out looking to make a few more dollars by limiting access here and there.

For the most part in the Chat Room it was cars, what is going on in the world, who drinks what and small talk about what is going on here and there....So to charge for small talk, exchange who's doing what for the weekend, this is an awesome recipe, great place to find Amish Cheese.....I guess I will be missing out.

I will just read what's going on and wait for the big day should it ever happen.

Karsten

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Karsten,  sorry, but I'll have to disagree with you.   Yes, the chat room has gotten to the point of not being used.   And it takes money to maintain it.  A businessman (which Adam is) has to make decisions about what is worth spending money on and what isn't.   The chat room seemed to be down alot (which takes IT people to fix it and costs money) and the interest had fallen off.   Adam is now doing a live chat in there on Tuesday evenings - yes, for those in VIP.   We just had the chat and it was great.   Adam shared alot of information, along with others asking questions, good conversation going back & forth.   Things were discussed in there that pertain to the VIP and OSI strategies that aren't normally discussed out in the open forums.   And the room was FULL and lively.   So, I for one, am glad he is willing to put in the time and resources to keep the chat room open, even if it's just for special times like this.  There will still be the Wednesday question & answer sessions that he's been doing quite some time now.   JMO

• Upvote 7

Karsten... this was addressed in another thread... and Adam confirmed my thoughts on this below...

Jaxinjersey

• ***** The kNOw Party ***** Anti-Kumbaya
  • Jaxinjersey
  • Platinum VIP
  • platinum-badge-1.gif.32c1bf288be00343319
  • 2,732 posts
  • LocationIn a cloaked valley... in a small cottage, between Midas Mulligan's and Hank Rearden's... waiting for Dagny.
On 1/19/2017 at 5:46 AM, Flash101 said:

I agree lost one, We built some mighty strong friendship's thru the years here and its always nice to keep in touch w/everyone even if its just morning coffee or having lunch in chat. This would be nice if Chat was open to the public during certain hours or if you have a Verified  Badge. Making Chat Private would only make the non VIP members to go else where and become members at other sites and that would not be good for DV.

:(

Thnx

+1 me if you agree

Your Comments Adam, TG and or Staff

Hi Flash!  While I agree, it needs to be noted that the CHAT ROOM has been open for years... and no one uses it!  I was in recently with a couple of members a couple of weeks ago just to say hi.  And JEEPGUY actually started a thread a few weeks ago to encourage meeting there... and the thread got no interest...

So, I'm thinking Adam simply is using it as a more useful tool for VIP.

Just my observations!

• Upvote 1

No worries....I will just read what I can here and there....Not much other than Umerintos Music, his Anti American BS and Luigi's Rumors....I don't see anyone using the Chat any more and I most likely expect to see less.

I just pop in skim "unread" and head off to another forum.

Karsten

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Karsten said:

No worries....I will just read what I can here and there....Not much other than Umerintos Music, his Anti American BS and Luigi's Rumors....I don't see anyone using the Chat any more and I most likely expect to see less.

Karsten

Agreed +1 Chat is locked out now that's why you cant get in.

Edited by Flash101
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Karsten said:

Karsten

Well at least this part of DV is no cost and no dought stay this way to generate more paying VIP members. JMO